Spongebob The First 100 Episodes DVD Set

So this set is going to be re-released next month at a cheap as fuck price. It probably won't have the lenticular plexiglass cover though. Shame since I missed out on the original run. Anywho, I recall seeing in a thread here a long time ago someone comparing the quality of this set to the individual season releases. Is it true that for season 1 they use a better master for this set? And that the dialogue error in "Something Smells" is fixed in this set? If so, I may as well buy it, as I don't own the original 3 seasons on DVD yet.

So is this the first 5 seasons?

Sup Forums literally never has threads discussing home video releases, so good luck with that.

Yup. And I also want it because it includes a pretty nice documentary on the series. I believe it's the same one that aired on TeenNick about the history of the show? Can't recall much since it's been years though.

Well I'm just asking here as I saw the screenshot comparisons by an user on here years ago. Couldn't find anyone else discussing this set and considering the SpongeBuddy Mania forum is full of nostalgiafags who don't care for quality (seriously those people were recently going on about how they want VHS to make a comeback just recently) I doubt they'd know what the fuck I'm talking about.

still hoping for an eventual season 1 blu ray release pls nickelodeon don't be cheap

got back during its first run

its good shit

Do you think you could screencap some season 1 shots? And tell me if in the episode "Something Smells" they fixed the line where Spongebob goes up to the building? In the original season 2 set he says "I just don't get it" to the building and it goes away, and then he says the line again to Patrick, where it should be "Hi building!" or something akin to that.

Heh, I remember watching the commentary for that episode on the Season 2 boxset, and even they said that it was weird that it glitched like that.

Ah that reminds me, I didn't see any mention of the commentaries being in this set. I guess I'll have to double dip. Not that I mind too much since I love the first 3 seasons but that shelf space.

I remember seeing this dvd at walmart a few years back, don't know why anyone would bother owning spongebob dvds when it airs so much anyways

>seriously those people were recently going on about how they want VHS to make a comeback just recently

the fuck? i don't understand. what would the benefit be?

DVDs scratch too easily apparently. Looks like they don't know the concept of taking care of your home media or Blu-Ray for that matter But yeah someone wants a 4K VHS with menus and bonus features.. I.. don't think they know how VHS works..

If I didn't have seasons 1 and 2 already and cared about seasons 4 and 5, I would consider getting this but I don't really need it. Season 3 on it's own usually costs $10 and I don't want to double dip for a documentary.

Well bonus features would've been possible on vhs but menus? The fuck?

They were going on about how they like VHS more than DVD for like 2 pages, you can see it in the season 9 Blu-Ray speculation thread. Anywayyy

It's all about definitive picture quality for me. If this set has better, cleaner masters then I'd buy it for that alone. It's a little over $35 on Amazon now which is a good enough deal for the first 3 seasons alone IMO. Of course, that's assuming they have better masters, which is what I'm trying to find out now, hence the thread.

It's a kids show from the early 2000s. I would expect video quality to be the same.

VHS does have some serious advantages, though that doesn't mean it's better overall.

I remember someone comparing season 1's quality and it being cleaner on the 100 episodes set.

I have the first 100 episodes DVD set. It's a good deal but you're paying for a lot of episodes that are utter shit too. I want to say that there are more post-movie episodes in the original 100 than the good episodes.

Each season is 20 episodes so the first three seasons take up 3/5 of the set.

Season 4 had some decent episodes but they paled in comparison. I would only buy this if you're a big SpongeBob fan. If you only care about the first three seasons, you can get just those individually for cheaper.

bluray?

What about the Season 1 Remaster that apparently is on Itunes?