There baaaaack

This has to be an edit.

Look, either he wore trunks in these first encounters, per Reborn, or Superbro events like Morrison and Johns JL didn't happen. I'm happy either.

I can't believe that they fuster clucked the story to hell and back just because comics fans are so god damned autistic that the fact that a hero stopped wearing his underwear on the wrong side of his pants broke their fucking brains.

Now if only rebirth could fix all the other sins of the new 52.

Is Mr Freeze still broken?

>NuSuperman and Crisis Superman are radically different characters with different personalities.

>They had stories that contradict not just in tone, but in content.

Yeah, its the shorts that are the problem. Also he looks fucking stupid without them. One massive blue eyesore. Like a giant baby in a onesie

Yez. But Dini's working on Harley. Its only a matter of time till he fixes Freeze and Two-face and Joker.

They don't contradict. Action was just young Superman based on Golden Age Supes. Just like with the actual Superman comics in the real world, as he grew he became less edgy.

Remember, Action was written by the same guy who wrote fucking All-Star Superman, who Rebirth Supes is clearly heavily inspired by.

As it is Action happened like ten years ago and supposedly ten years have been removed so it's more like 15-20.

Post crisis and the good Superbro stories are both canon

Trunks are canon again, so is Morrison's Action probably

Still raises a lot of questions user,like of these two superman have merged how does it affect lex,lex bonded with Clark in darkseid war and when he died carried his mantle,now are we supposed to assume Clark never died or did he die and comeback,is lex still a good guy and why

Fucking All Star Superman means nothing to me. Its a meme Morrison fags repeat any time someone critics Superbro. ASS was a highly derivative bit of silver age wank that copied other ideas by better writers. It doesn't even crack the top five Super books.

Action contradicts the Crisis version who showed up in the costume made by his mother. one or the other has to go. One was written by Johns. Which one do you think gets the ax?

Morrison's run has now been replaced by secret origin, trunks and all.
JL origin was already on very shaky ground with Superman Reborn and Wonder Woman:Truth. And now fact there's an upcoming WW annual which will reveal how the trinity first met and sounds like it's gonna straight up retcon Origin.

Considering they had Morrison design their entire Multiverse, the only argument Johns has for him is that he is currently working there.
It's timeline merging shenanigans, they both happened.

Action features him meeting Lois for the first time. It's retconned out dude.

Morrison's run wouldn't work in this timeline.I don't get why they keep trying to play this off as a merge.

>Joker
A lost cause at this point if you ask me. SS Joker is now the direction DC is going to take and the character is better dead at that point.

They get jammed square peg into round hole in ways that literally cannot be described in our conception of time. Just enjoy the good stories, and use pieces from them, fuck the bad ones.

I thought Morrison's action was way better than ASS t b h

I don't disagree with you on All-Star, but it clearly is a big part of the inspiration for Rebirth Supes and the whole "Superman is the nicest guy in the universe" movement that's been going on.

>Action contradicts the Crisis version who showed up in the costume made by his mother. one or the other has to go. One was written by Johns. Which one do you think gets the ax?
>Action features him meeting Lois for the first time. It's retconned out dude.
Look man, I'm not saying it's 100% still canon, but I doubt they're getting rid of it wholesale, because otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with the merging thing and would have just said Superbro wasn't the real Superman all along.

I'm sure most of Secret Origin is going to take precedence with any contradictions with Action, and most writers are going to ignore Action, I just don't think they're saying straight-up that Action is completely out.

When did we decide ASS wasn't good?
I missed that memo.

It's not that it's not good, just that a lot of people miss the point that it's not supposed to be the "definitive" Superman because it's based on early Silver Age/late Golden Age. It's a tribute.

But after Man of Steel a lot of people just read that without any other Superman and think that's the only Superman, despite everything else Morrison's done with the character not being nearly as flawless and overly diabetes-inducing.

Still a great book, it's just the meme status has made it frustrating.

Good.
Now we wait for them to return full time

Maybe in 1000.

Maybe.

Im just happy they're canon again. I won't pull on that string.

this
ASS is a good Superman story but not near the best

Weird wanted trunks but keft everything else in the image.

Anyway i guess nu52 costume never existed or the t shirt period.

>there

I liked it a lot, especially the art, but I think that Action was better. It's a more clear statement of what ASS was trying to do, and it's much more of a classic Superman style story rather than the big prestige style story of All Star. It also doesn't have the Lois romance story, which is pretty good, but honestly I just don't like romance stories. because I haven't had the touch of a woman in over 4 years and it depresses me

Not gonna lie the ending segment of Action bamboozled me, with all that shit going on on the moon/mars/whatever and Mxy...

I miss Superbro

At least he wasn't a fake though. He combined with Superdad to make the real Superman.

I wish OP wasn't fibbing.

>They brought the trunks back
Damn it, now I don't like the trunks because I've gotten used to him not having them.

Who's the autist here?
The trunks are an important part of the Superman design. The red complements the blue.
Not to mention the origin of the design being based on the circus strongman.

DC going "no more tights" in new 52, giving everyone armor, was idiotic. Nobody took them more seriously for it.

>there

Well, it was actually because they need to short-term sales boost in their desperation to remain pseudo-solvent and stop getting the stink eye from Time-Warner.

Did i miss something?

Context, please.

t.marcuck

Nope, he's showing up in the next batman story looking classic, he's also part of the 3 jokers mystery that has the golden age joker, the Moore/Bolland Joker and the Snyder/Capullo Joker

The SS joker won't be folded into the comics as DC doesn't have a terrible synergy problem

copied and pasted from Johns origin

>classic

If it was classic, Lex would have hair. There would not be Myx or any number of other concepts. Pa Kent's death. Thats ripped from the Donner Reeves movie. Morrison was trying to make the character more political active. From turning him into a blogger, to hanging someone from a balcony, to having NotObama Superman. Only the most cursory examination of Superman focusing on the first couple of issues would draw those elements.

There is a reason so much has changed.

God damn it you just reminded me about that.

Sorry, but with rebirth it is a matter of time

Nigger Superman is so old shit from the 70s and 80s is classic at this point
>hanging someone from a balcony
Perfectly in character for Golden Age, which is really as classic as you can get.
>not obama
He's Michael Jordan retard, Earth TWENTY THREE

This.

Also this

He's stated its Obama,, faggot

Snyder didn't mention anything about his retcons to Nora when Mr. Freeze appeared recently in All-Star Batman, so I'm guessing that is either already forgotten or will be soon, like that time Nora came back to life as Lazara.

I swear he said it was Jordan somewhere, but whatever, does that somehow disprove all of my other points? Also E23 Supes is in half of one issue, which terrors from beyond reality is pretty classic Superman

Remove the collar and weird lines and its good.

wait what, what did I miss

the panties on the outside are fucking retarded. its not the 30s anymore grandpa

Thank you, based DC

He didn't name it Earth-23 after Michael Jordan, 23 has had significance to numerologists for a long ass time, an idea that was popularized by Robert Anton Wilson who, if you read his writings, is one of the more obvious influences on Morrison.

No, instead he should wear a onesie.

Yes, because you don't know what you are talking about.

Snyder is a DCAU fanboy.

Snyder mentioned that he made it purposefully unclear whether his origin was still canon or not, and you're free to read it under the pretense that it's classic Freeze.

>capeshit

better edit

That's not how arguing or evidence works, but hey I'm on Sup Forums!

WAIT SOMEONE EXPLAIN?
Are they editing new editions of JL origin to have the Trunks?

Now it just needs a prominent bulge

No. Those are from six years ago.
The trunks are canon again in the DCU, though. Post-crisis superman is literally canon again. The new flashback shows him wearing them.

JL Origin probably happened very differently. Though

is this edits or real?

They're edits, but he was wearing the classic costume in the New 52 universe now instead of the Tron suit. New 52 Superman's getting retrofitted into Post Crisis Superman.

This makes me weirdly happy

Where?

In next week's action comics apparently
Rumors say they'll be back in 1000 too

Liking trunks is very gay.