Was it, dare I say it, kino?

Was it, dare I say it, kino?

how wud disney handle this scene?

Woah... this anime is so.... deep....

Anime is the lowest tier of entertainment.

What's the highest form user?

It's not. You're just psychotic.

>he watches movies for entertainment

You are the lowest tier plebian

NGE shitters are so cancerous we need a meme against them just like with Rick and Morty shitters

It is. A few movies are good, but you can't judge the entire medium by a few movies. The vast majority of it is absolute unbridled consumer-pleasing trash for sweaty weebs and useless Japanese """""men""""".

>entertainment
Fuck off.

Pretty bold to destroy the Star Wars Franchise. Not sure how they'll recover from this.

You saw a few movies popular in the West and then decided based on Sup Forums memes that the rest is trash. Same old story.

>The vast majority of it is absolute unbridled consumer-pleasing trash for sweaty weebs and useless Japanese """""men""""".
There is nothing wrong with making something that people like, weebs are totally irrelevant in Japan, and anime isn't just for men nor is there anything wrong with making things for men.

Chappie did it better.

it just isn't for me

Asuka would throw Shinji back 100 ft with her force powers. "This happens every time a boy is in charge of Instrumentality."
#theSEELEisFEMALE

Will I like this if I like movies like Blade Runner and Akira?

It's a TV series with a movie sequel, not just a movie. I don't think it's similar to BR or Akira.

Definitely. Although... the movie won't make any sense without watching the show first. Not necessarily a bad thing if you want a trippy spectacle... but you might miss out on a lot of satisfaction without the show's buildup to certain character decisions.

fucking based Sup Forumseddit

Yes

>go to Sup Forums
>get screeched at by permavirgins because this show is old and isn't the latest moeshit
>ultimately achieve nothing
>go to Sup Forums
>attempt to talk about anything vidya related
>thread either devolves in to shitflinging, losers and literal fags RPing talking about sucking cock and boipussies, blizzmods spamming overwatch threads, or people just posting waifus
>achieve nothing
>go to Sup Forums
>Sup Forums is now occupied by boomers and /r/the_donald so there is no intelligent discussion to be had
>achieve nothing
boards are not meant for discussing their intended topics because they only attract retards
instead you have to talk about borderline off-topic discussions because it filters out retards
for example
>go to Sup Forums
>talk about christianity of all things, and have an intelligent, informative discussion on the old testament and the stories of jesus christ
>leave satisfied and fulfilled
>go to Sup Forums
>talk about old anime
>get intelligent discussion because all of the retards that go to Sup Forums are too busy talking about star wars, so you mostly only get people who are interested in actual discussion about an older anime
>leave satisfied
Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /r9k/, and Sup Forums are reddit magnets. avoid on-topic discussion at all times if you do browse those boards

>muh moeshit bogeyman

Agree with the second part.

it's not a boogeyman you are literally not allowed to talk about anything older than a year

It's a bogeyman and there sure as shit is nothing preventing threads about anime older than a year. I just opened the catalog and the most recently bumped thread is about Evangelion.

The people that make anime either don't respect their own stories or are straight up too stupid to realize that diverting from the show just to please their audience directly harms their work.
That coupled with Japanese writers having no idea how to handle characters, pacing and basically anything to do with making an actual cohesive story (see how there is little respected japanese literature) and you have anime. Great aesthetics, sound design. scenes and trash in every other regard

It's genuinely the only good piece of anime in existence, how the entire nation of Japan learned NOTHING from this and instead managed to be simultaneously 'inspired' by this genuine classic and continued to year upon year run Anime into the ground so it's literally just shows about small girls getting naked for Jap pedos now is honestly beyond me.

can someone give me a rundown as to what the fuck is happening in that pic

Who said anything about diverting from the show to please the audience? What even makes you think the default for a show is to displease the audience? Why would anyone watch things that displease them?

>That coupled with Japanese writers having no idea how to handle characters, pacing and basically anything to do with making an actual cohesive story
Myth.

>(see how there is little respected japanese literature)
You mean there is little Japanese literature that you have heard of.

>it's literally just shows about small girls getting naked for Jap pedos now is honestly beyond me.
It's not. Where do you people come up with this nonsense?

I like both EoE and EoTV. Evangelion is my favorite piece of media. I give 0 shits whether anybody else liked it or whether a bunch of faggots on this board consider any part of it kino or not. I personally love it when I find someone who enjoyed it and I love it even more when someone calls it shit, knowing that they had to suffer through it.

There are constantly threads about older anime, there are frequently LotGH threads. The screeching was probably because you worded your post like a request or something.

The world wasn't destructed, angels were beaten somehow. Shinji tries to kill Asuka because of all the nasty things she said to him.

Somehow you fail to comprehend that "not diverting from the show to please the audience" equals "actively displeasing the audience".
And please feel free to point to examples of great works of art in the form of anime.

I meant to say *doesn't equal*

>Somehow you fail to comprehend that "not diverting from the show to please the audience" equals "actively displeasing the audience".
Then what are you talking about?

>And please feel free to point to examples of great works of art in the form of anime.
We both know that no matter what anyone says you are just going to say it's not real art and it's shit, even if you've never heard of it before.

*makes star wars thread #250,853*

I love Evangelion. Probably my favourite series/movie ever after the Sopranos.

I'm talking about how Japanese writers see no harm in adding pointless sideshows that don't add anything and have no place in the story; maybe to please their audience, maybe just because they think something looks cool or is funny. I recall (and I'm taking someone's word for it) somebody saying Evangelion had all this Christian imagery that you'd imagine has some meaning to it within the story but was just added because the guys making it thought it looked cool.
>We both know that no matter what anyone says you are just going to say it's not real art and it's shit, even if you've never heard of it before.
And no, if I haven't seen it I will put it on my watchlist believe it or not, because I do enjoy some animes.
If you name something I HAVE seen though I will do my best to say how the show is very flawed with I'm sure it will be.

Books. Read 'em.

So because one Japanese writer allegedly added something really pointless, it's now standard procedure for all Japanese writers to do the same. But this same logic somehow cannot be applied to the West.

>'em
You first

>Evangelion had all this Christian imagery that you'd imagine has some meaning to it within the story but was just added because the guys making it thought it looked cool.
I would argue that it dictates the overall tone of the series hugely and indirectly reinforces the themes of playing god and apocalyptic events pretty well. Not saying either of those things were Anno's intentions but I disagree with the idea that the imagery adds nothing to the show.

I like to call those "examples". Japanese writers do stuff like that all the time though. Of course the west is also filled to the brim with bad writers. How could I claim otherwise? But there is/has been great ones both in movies and shows. I can find no great works of anime though.
The artist clearly intended no meaning, if he somehow managed to further aid the point of the show with the imagery then it was an accident and holds no merit whatsoever.

> Evangelion had all this Christian imagery that you'd imagine has some meaning to it within the story but was just added because the guys making it thought it looked cool
The symbolism does have meaning for the story, the lore and the characters arcs though ; it has simply nothing to do with chritstianity and has no valid theological interpretation.
But that doesn't make it meaningless or random in the context of the story.
It's simply meaningless if you try to interpret it only as actual christian symbolism.

>Japanese writers do stuff like that all the time though.
Or so you imagine.

>I can find no great works of anime though.
Because you don't watch anime and because you have dogmatically pre-determined that anime must all be bad because the epic Sup Forums memes said so.

It's just one thread at time user. Filter it alongside sw. Personally I just stopped caring about this anime spam a long time ago

>if he somehow managed to further aid the point of the show with the imagery then it was an accident and holds no merit whatsoever
Why does it being unintentional render it meritless? Tone and imagery are a huge part of any visual art.

I have watched around 15 or so probably. Very very few as you say but every single one was guilty of what I said. Again, if you want to point to examples of great anime I am more than willing to watch them and change my opinion of them.
By adding symbols that hold weight with them, but at the same time ignoring said weight completely because it has nothing to do with your work you're hindering your story

Opera>Literature>Music>Animation>Baseball>Live-Action film>Non-musical theatre>Musicals (not opera)>Non-baseball sportsball

>every single one was guilty of what I said.
I'm sure it was real in your mind.

Careful user

The anime police are reading this thread

>but at the same time ignoring said weight completely because it has nothing to do with your work you're hindering your story
As I said above, the imagery greatly contributes to the overall tone of the show (in a good way) and reinforces the themes of playing god and apocalyptic events. How do you think the imagery hinders the story in Evangelion?

>By adding symbols that hold weight with them, but at the same time ignoring said weight completely because it has nothing to do with your work you're hindering your story
Not if you are aiming your story to an audience that is not familiar with the meaning held by these symbols, becausse they don't se e the mhow you see them.
And Evangelion, like every anime, is made first and foremost for a japanese audience. And japanese are not really the most christian people on earth.

So you have run out of things to say, and instead of providing the specific name of an anime you consider good (maybe because you're not confident in it actually being good) you decide to post non-arguments like this to have the last word?

Books are truly the lowest form, I'm putting up pirated audio recordings of normal people as the higher form.

>So you have run out of things to say
I said everything that needed to be said.

>instead of providing the specific name of an anime you consider good
There's no point in anyone telling you anything because you've already pre-determined that it's all bad.

>you decide to post non-arguments like this to have the last word?
Why the fuck is it so common for people to tell me this? Like constantly someone is whining to me that I'm supposedly trying to have the last word even though I never ever say anything to that effect. What the fuck is this?

I will forfeit the Evangelion post since, like I said in the first post, I was taking someone's word for it. I have not finished the show or watched the movie (I am actually currently watching the show) so I cannot argue whether the symbols actually aid the show instead of hindering it.

You read the manga, user? It's some top tier shit, it is.

How many episodes are you into it?

>I said everything that needed to be said.
Your lasts arguments against me were literally "or so you think" instead of proving me wrong
>There's no point in anyone telling you anything because you've already pre-determined that it's all bad.
I repeated at least twice that I'm open minded to have my opinion change. Because of that your refusal to provide any names is suspicious.

>Why the fuck is it so common for people to tell me this? Like constantly someone is whining to me that I'm supposedly trying to have the last word even though I never ever say anything to that effect. What the fuck is this?
Maybe because you're doing it right now, and it seems like it's a habit of yours.

Eva is to a large extent about redemption through suffering which is a major Christian theme. Its unclear if Anno was aware of the connection but I tend to think he was.

Its possible to view the Angels as the angels from the book of Enoch (morally neutral giants), the lance of longinus as the actual lance that killed Christ encased in some sort of sci-fi device to make it larger, etc., though this would just be headcannon. It makes as much sense as the first ancestral race.

>Your lasts arguments against me were literally "or so you think" instead of proving me wrong
Prove what wrong? What exactly was there to prove wrong?

>I repeated at least twice that I'm open minded to have my opinion change.
No you're not. I've seen this so many times now it's always the same shit with you people.

>Maybe because you're doing it right now, and it seems like it's a habit of yours.
You are the one who brought up having the last word you fucking idiot. I didn't say jack shit about it.

Two. Apart from the akward (and very anime) slapstick comedy with the shy protagonist stumbling into being in the same room with an extroverted atractive girl that constantly gets shots highlighting her ass and tits is the only complain I have. Rest seems to be going good

>asuka slaps shinji

>"sorry but the world belongs TO WOMEN!"

>yass slaaaaaaaaaaay

>comparing eva to meme and morty

eat shit

Fpbp

>Prove what wrong? What exactly was there to prove wrong?
Pretty much every claimed I made. I really don't want to look at the like dozen posts I made just to repeat them again, just look at them yourself and judge if your responses were appropiate. Or not, I don't care really to talk to you anymore.

>No you're not. I've seen this so many times now it's always the same shit with you people.
It seems like you know me better than myself huh.

>You are the one who brought up having the last word you fucking idiot. I didn't say jack shit about it.
Wanting to have the last word doesn't imply mentioning "oh haii I have the last word goodbye". But you clearly were since you made a separate post saying literally nothing, and I'll quote "I'm sure it was real in your mind." for no reason. There was no argument there, just an extra insult to have the last word.
If you want it still though reply to this post, I wont reply to you again I promise

It gets good at about episode ~8 and great by episode ~15

>Pretty much every claimed I made.
"I watched some anime and they all had totally unnecessary stuff in them." Wow, we'll get right on this.

>Wanting to have the last word doesn't imply mentioning "oh haii I have the last word goodbye". But you clearly were since you made a separate post saying literally nothing, and I'll quote "I'm sure it was real in your mind." for no reason. There was no argument there, just an extra insult to have the last word.
You are the one fucking going on on and on about having the last word. Fuck off with your fucking projection.

There constantly are pre-2000 anime threads.
There's always an Eva thread up.
Other older anime like LOTGH or Gunbuster get threads fairly often.
The problem is that you can't expect to go to Sup Forums screaming ALL ANIME IS MOESHIT NOW WHERE HAS THE GOOD ANIME GONE and expect people to take you seriously.

>it has simply nothing to do with chritstianity and has no valid theological interpretation.
That's not exactly correct. The use of Christian imagery is an intentional move by the creators to distance themselves from stereotypical Japanese-ness. Similar things had been done before in the medium and explicitly influenced Anno and co. The metaphysics in Eva are also incredibly oriented towards individualism, personality, intimacy and the human soul, which isn't anything like what the religions of Japan are like, but does resemble parts of Judeo-Christian thology. The references to psychoanalysis are also not unrelated to all this. Eva does draw theme from those things but it doesn't directly reference the history told in the Bible. Its story wouldn't have worked if had used Buddhist imagery instead.

spam thread babysat

gib diana

Watch Nadia, make your own conclusions from that.

Lotte roll

SEELE are basically Buddhists. If it was a Buddhist work Shinji would have accepted Instrumentality.

>Rick and Morty
>Rei and Asuka
what's the difference again?

No, SEELE are definitely the Elders of Zion.
Eva is actually a show about how the jews want to melt humanity into a single global uniform entity which they will control.
The ending clearly states that to save the world, you have to break free of their mediatic conditionment by accepting yourself, and then you only have to start a genocide to allow humanity to regain its individuality, in which lies the true richness of its cultural diversity.
It is perfectly clear imho.

>It's a Buddhism is a life-denying religion post.
Please stop.

>boring shit where nothing happens until the end
>ending is so shit they remade it 3 times
>dude were all gonna die, religion xd

>nothing happens until the end
Nigga what show were you watching.

Uh, no sweetie.
>pic related

A show about some 20 year old woman drinking with the same animation, a pet penguin, and personality-devoid Shinji, and generic as fuck quiet girl/robot and reckless character motifs.

I watched them sit around in a classroom looking at the sky, then in their rooms staring at the ceiling, dudes in suits speaking very vaguely about unnamed things/plans, then once in a while fighting some big monster without any explanation at all. With none of the characters having any development or arcs whatsoever, doing the same things and same mistakes over and over.

D E E P
E
E
P

>There should be explosions whenever possible and characters have to be be perfect people.
Go watch Transformers.

>people fall for the oversimplification meme
>cant open babby eyes and ears to understand the significance of anything

> low attention span faggot watches eva while shitposting on Sup Forums : the post.

>recycled animations
SIGNIFICANT

This series have been mecha kino but instead it's so boring and the last two episodes sucked. This show's premise should have been a series of boss fights ending in the them killing "God" but instead it ends in nonsense. Yes, I have seen the last two episodes and EoE.

Makes sense though
People like OP don't block ads

>This show's premise should have been a series of boss fights ending in the them killing "God"

>This show's premise should have been a series of boss fights ending in the them killing "God"
Thank god you weren't in charge of writing Evangelion

So you think a live action film like transformers or star wars has more artistic value than a film by satoshi kon or hayao miyazaki?

Eva is fucking stupid and tries way to hard to force psychological themes.

> one of the only good anime ever should have been like my usual shonen garbage instead

TTGL might be more your thing

TTGL is actually my favorite anime. I meant but forgot to include that in my post. Good insight.

Loved the show as a teenager. Re watched it again 10 years later as a adult. Fucking hell Shinji is a whiny bitch who needed to get slapped around by someone like Rich Piana... still liked the last two episodes and found myself liking Asuka more than I did when I was a teenager.

To be fair, Shinji tried to be Alpha, it just turns out that is like demanding a Shark to fly, all you get is a Sharknado.

>Try to be alpha.
>Get sucked into an aliens vagi-- I mean shadow.
Genius.