Tank girl thread

sure jamie hewlett can draw, but is this worth reading?

I tried reading it once, decided before the first issue was finished that it sucked and I didn't like it

Like you, I always saw the art everywhere and thought it would be neat to look at, but as a story it's just garbage unfortunately

The latest issue was basically the episode of Band of Brothers with the attack on Foy, but with Tank Girl replacing Ronald Speirs.

Honestly couldn't tell if it was meant to be a homage, or just a rip off.

Its le sjw feminist trash op

If you're into punk/grunge and plots that don't make a lick of sense, then sure.

New movie when?

>comic series started by two Brit dudes
>SJW feminist trash

>males are all worthless inhumans
>females are the only competant ones
Sjw trash

>One of the main characters is an escapee from a mental institution, and she's not really all that competant (unless she does something smart by accident). Tank Girl herself fucks up on numerous occasions. Jet Girl's the one who fucks up the least because she actually had training.

>Booga may not be the smartest mutant kangaroo in the outback but he's had to save Tankie's skin multiple times. Not incompentant.

>Then you have characters like Stevie and his dad (who are pretty much absent from this new run, but whatever).

>The movie's baddie was the leader of a totalitarian government/corporation. Not incompetant.

At least pick up one of these books before you shit on them, user.

bumping w/ art because at least it looks nice

This is now a Tank Girl art thread. Fuck discussion.

>filename
I kek'd.

close enough

this is pretty cute

Comfy.

She straight up looks exactly like Noodle in this one.

he doesn't have a lot of range, but for cover layouts & composition, jamie hewlett does well.

that, and ludicrous outfits. Like, digimon levels of straps-and-stitches-and-bandages-on-everything

Crossover!

Very true.

>YWN get Tank Girl ramblings like this again

There's nothing like an ice-cold can of Spunk beer.

Never read any of this
Is there good tank action?
Would /k/ approve, or is it all disorganized counter culture?
I get that she's supposed to be a mess, but if there isn't at least the occasional epic tank battle, thats kind of a total tease.

There's many instances throughout the comics where the military comes after her with everything they've got. Tanks, plans, helicopters, etc. But no tank vs. tank action really.

>Would /k/ approve
Does /k/ appreciate guns with fuzzy dice and stuffed animal attachments?

A small, marginalized portion of /k/ does.

Welp looks like I am seeing if I can get the movie on Demand tonight.

You can also read the comic version.

I actually own that , but I've been lazy in getting the movie.

Tank Girl vs Girls und Panzer

Could it be Danger Noodle?

She's steal all their tanks.

it's pretty bad

it's a fine line, but it was never really great

just doing something that was at the time new to the mainstream they were reaching

now user you know he can't read, he's basically a Markov generator at this point

the movie's kind of fun but it is trash

*She'd

Ice-T and Naomi Watts are what keeps me going. Plus that "Lets Do it" bit is pretty catchy.

Can a new movie work? Who'd be the director? Who'd be Tank Girl and her friends? What would the storyline be? Who'd give a shit?

I initially would have said Miley Cyrus for pure trashiness, but now I am not so sure.

If Miley can pull off a convincing Austrailian accent I can see it working. But then again, it's Miley Cyrus.

Booga is one lucky kangaroo.