twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pinups intensify

HI OP

HI ANONS

WUT, NO X-STATIX?

B-but I voted for X-Force... ;_;

JK a Madman is fine too

Madman in color is weird

Uploading digital rips of X-Statix for anyone that wants 'em. It'll take a few minutes.

r u drinking OP? I am

we're gonna do one Madman and one/two X-Force depending on time/length

Ahh, gotcha. Nice idea, that way's everyone's happy.

no, I'm trying to be good because I tend to drink too much if I drink, and then I end up blasting opera at top volume

but I might have a beer, it's wine/stronger where I get in trouble

I just discovered that my work is teaming up with the liquor store next door to start delivering booze directly to people's houses.

Yes, if this app succeeds, OP can order her "fine wines" delivered as easily as a pizza.

the salt that Secret Empire/Hydra Cap is generating will power me for the rest of my life

I'm too cheap to order delivery pizza, lol

me too, really

Whitley even got into it with someone over "What I read to sync up with Cap isn't what I'm seeing people talk about as being in the comic"

Meh, I was hoping for X-Murdered. Way to be a faggot as usual, OP.

Up in Denton, TX there's a place called "Insomnia Cookies" that has the most ingenious business idea I've ever seen: you can order fresh-baked cookies delivered to your door anytime up to 3AM. And it's on a fucking college campus.

that's brilliant

suck it up, everyone gets something tonight

There have been so many "Hydra does not equal nazi" threads all over the place today.

I can see some of the blame being placed on Marvel Entertainment, because even though Agents of Shield had the "mystic cult" covered, they also insist that Hydra=Nazis

twitter.com/jrome58/status/855479413038866434

Hello, Storyteller.

... Look, I would just like to formally apologize for, well, being me. I'm a borderline sociopath with anger issues, and this has become a real problem as of late. I can't make any promises, but from now on, I am going to make a conscious effort to be less of a pain in the ass so that I can stop driving away people I basically consider to be friends, that of course being you lot.

So, yeah. Sorry for being such a heel.

the blame is like 95% on MCU/tv stuff, yeah

I believe in you, cranky!

when u meme I imagine you drink. I'm at such a shit night out only dhitposting and whisky is getting me by.

got any others?

I think we all appreciate that, Cranky. I wouldn't want to lose your perspective, just at about half intensity would work

I tend to shitpost at old friends when I drink and then regret it later, too

Cranky I love you.

NOT MUH CRANKY

how cute is this shit

>suck it up
Wow, rude! Fuck you, too, you rancid whore for a monkey's cock cheese.

Are people really thinking that the status quo won't be reversed in time?

It's almost like these people are new to comics.

Hey, man. I know you're a good guy. And to be fair, sometimes folks are a bit hard on you and dismiss your opinions because you're cranky user. But I'd still buy you a beer any day of the week, because you love comics as much as I do.

I love the 'I do not read or buy comics but I'm so offended' outrage.

Fucking Marvel rebooting my cranky

You know it's just to synergize with the cranky movie

I would buy everyone ITT a beer.

Is there any superhero costume that's not improved by a leather jacket?

Go fuck yourself

Not really, but like... You being you doesn't bother me. It's entertaining when you get going.

I love the "well I WOULD read/buy comics but then they do things like this!!!"

comics clearly aren't for you if you can't handle a little retcon punching

It's the people who aren't new who are still so angry that make me blink a few times. And it's usually accompanied with "But we just want to be listened to and acknowledged", which translates "We want to be agreed with and the event shelved" when pushed.

no, Superboy is classic proof of concept

>that MvCI leak

>no, Superboy is classic proof of concept
there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think 90s Superboy was best boy in all ways

Not exactly what you are probably looking for, but did anyone see that AVclub takedown of Secret Empire and The Button. Unless I missed a thread, Sup Forums seems to have completely missed this serving of outrage.

avclub.com/article/captain-america-fascist-batman-has-shitty-watchmen-254036

Huh. I read this issue relatively recently while trying to get into Madman. It was some of the most boring comics I've ever heard. What's the appeal?

There was literally a line in the first season of Agents of SHIELD where a character (I think it was Skye) says to the Hydra traitor character "Hydra aren't Nazis? I've seen the videos! Red Skull, Hydra, NAZIS!"

Really, it's a problem when they keep tying Hydra back to the Red Skull who WAS a Nazi. All it would take to solve that is a retcon where Hydra saw that the Nazi's goals were ruining their world domination plans, and split from the Nazis, taking their superscience shit with them.

how are you guys tonight

it's already hot here :|

deets

Is it more "I am outraged about the very concept of Cap"? Because that's all O'Neil's take on The Oath was.

I got a real Looney Toons vibe from the last issue.

>It's entertaining when you get going.
No it's not. It's just pathetic low tier bait that he knows he can use because Sup Forums is the most gullible board.

Oh, it's all Sava. I'll scan it.

I did see someone all "how DARE they tie this into Hickman's extensive S.H.I.E.L.D. retconning of Hydra" and also stared blankly

There's a few, but only a few.
For instance, I doubt Iron Fist would look good in one, without changing a lot about his look.

But Looney Tunes is funny.

I find the sheer weirdness of this appealing, the kind of 50s aesthetic with all the crazy shit that manifests unevenly and unpredictably

>how are you guys tonight
>it's already hot here :|

I think I'm almost finished with Persona 5. Another week or so, and I'll be able to get back to storytiming without worrying that someone will spoil shit. I mean, I already had the two big twists spoiled, but still...

I dropped off early in this season of AoS (I know, I know) but apparently in a recent arc they had a brainwashed Coulson talk to a kid about how great Hydra is and how they are 100% mystically connected, then had Simmons tell the kid that Hydra is a Nazi organisation right afterwards

Maybe I've read too many weird and crazy comics and my standards are too high because this really isn't "crazy".

They're expanding. We've got one over here on my campus at west Texas.

Excuse my rant, but fuck people who think Watchmen is some amazing literary masterpiece that's not allowed to be touched.

At the end of the day, it's a superhero comic, about superhero comics. Of course it's really well-written because it's Moore, but it's achieved this insane meme status that it transcends comics and is some sort of high art.

I've never even understood why it's so ubiquitous with non-comics folks, because it's at least 50% about the very concept of superheroes and their history and a lot is lost if you're not experienced with DC comics. The rest is a political commentary that applies mostly to the 80's.

And in all likelihood this whole Manhattan business is gonna include a lot of meta-commentary about how Watchmen affected superhero comics as a whole.

I have a fairly low tolerance for "i can't parse this at all", so this is a nice middle. I couldn't do God Hates Astronauts.

How do you out intensify Frazer take tho.

And to be clear, I'm not knocking Watchmen, because I fucking love Moore and I've spent probably ten billion hours writing about Watchmen. It's just the way people act because of how hyped it's gotten over time.

God Hates Astronauts is pretty shitty though.

I also have the metabitterness about how Watchmen colored the view of the Charlton characters, in a case of fascinating and unfortunate feedback. Besides, once you make something, its reception history and uses (and abuses) are outta your hands

They just haven't read his series yet.

>How are you guys tonight?
Humble pie is a bitter taste, but a good one.

On the other hand, I finally got around to watching the Doctor Who season opener. And thank fuck, it's a breath of fresh air! It's a nice, slow burn character building piece, apparently to be followed by another like it. Lately, the show has felt way to preoccupied with being EPIC!!!, as though it had some kind of obligation, it's nice to take a minute and breathe.

Also, Bill is cute. CUTE!

Oh man, if more criticism nowadays thought like that!

The first one is a nod to the Doom Patrol and I fucking love it.
I can also recognize a Kid Flash nod and a Miracleman nod to.

I've always had a soft spot for works where the creator is just obviously trying to cram all he things they like into it.

mobile.twitter.com/cassacain/status/855481197618757632
>n*zi
Jesus Christ.

It's utterly hilarious that this person is talking about defiling a Jewish person's creation while referring to Nazis in the same way that Jews refer to God, by obscuring the name as a way to show that he's so far beyond human comprehension that we can't even say His name. Talk about your mixed messages. Also it's Nazx you bigot

Sava seems to be willingly ignoring the press interviews that Johns did about meta-commentary of Watchmen (and TDKR) helping start a trend of books getting darker following it.

I always feel awkward like trying to acknowledge problems w/ Moore but also to be like FUCK OFF to these people who think he's nuthin'

reception history is my specialty

Off-topic bragging:

My youngest sister is going to be in a starring role in Hair, which means appearing fully nude in front of tons of people. (not gonna say the role because people will track me down and assassinate me)

A lot of people IRL have asked me how upset I am about this, but I could not possibly be more proud and impressed. We were raised by hippies so we're all pretty into the second-wave feminist shit and glorification of women/human body. I'll probably cry at the show, being perfectly honest.

Trying to find education videos about plants that are easy enough for five year olds to understand but not so stupid they make me want to tear my hair out.

Joe's a pretty cool lay

NOTHING CAN GO WRONG HERE

Also, I feel it's more complex than "We're offloading all the reasons the DCU got dark onto Manhattan" and more "We know we did this, but we're working through our own influences on it and trying to also tell a story" and I think the Watchmen World is a valid thing to have on the Multiversal Map

Well, here's my rant: fuck anyone that had a problem with Before Watchmen ever since it was announced(with really good creative teams I might add) but are ready to eat up any shit with the rebirth banner on it.
The issue was never that Watchmen is untouchable, but like grant Morrison said, it's a complete story and should be left like that. Everyone knows this is all casual bait and the only reason they're using them is to bank on the obscene popularity the comic has, as you can see, all the huge Watchmen fans hate the idea so it truly is casual bait.
I don't love Watchmen, far from it, but I respect it enough and I recognize that it's really good. Not amazing and certainly not life changing, but it's not some shitty by the numbers pandering garbage either.

That is a perfect market for midnight cookies, yes.

Holy shit oh god I meant LADY. She's a pretty cool LADY. Not lay.

I'm not even in college anymore but I would happily pay for a service that brings me pie or muffins at midnight

LOLOLOL

>lay
Frank please, not in front of the kids.

To be fair, BW was also kind of trash.

Manhattan himself leaving the universe actually makes total sense, because that's what he actually does at the end of the story, so as long as they don't use the other characters or expand on what happened AFTER Watchmen, they're not ruining Watchmen's story or anything.

And the idea that a story can be ruined by something that comes later is kinda dumb anyway. Like, you already read the story and enjoyed it. It doesn't cease to exist because someone else made something retarded.

Anyway, that's my rant.

I'm sorry you don't know how to have fun at others' expense, but that doesn't stop it from being entertaining.

I like #6.

More proof that super suit + leather jacket is a top look at the end.

>BW was also kind of trash
I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in Sup Forums who dug a couple of the minis. The Cooke ones, natch.

the veins here make me think a bit of Crumb details

Frank is cute.

>Persona 5
Persona is such an odd beast, because it may very well been one of the codifiers of what appears to be a burgeoning genre of slice-of-life video games.

Seriously, from what I can tell, Persona games seem to mostly be about a bunch of high school students hanging out, dealing with personal issues by beating up parts of their own minds, and occasionally fighting evil forces in between trying to get into each other's pants.

I gotta buckle down and give this shit a proper look over some time, because I find the whole concept oddly fascinating.

Nice, I still need to watch that. I'm catching up with the third season of the Leftovers right now (one episode out), and it continues to be great

are they gonna do a PC version of FF15?

>To be fair, BW was also kind of trash.
True... or at least I think so. Didn't bother with much of them since it truly was a dumb idea. The thing is, people were prepared to hate the entire thing before any issue ever came out, but with this everyone was prepared to love it from the start.
>Like, you already read the story and enjoyed it. It doesn't cease to exist because someone else made something retarded.
Yeah, I agree with this but this doesn't stop the whole fiasco from being cheap and casual bait.

Seeing an endless sea of shitposts and bait covering up any semblance of discussion is not fun.

this is very Doom Patrol

I've played every SMT game released in the West (and considering I got into the series with Persona 4, some of those PS2 games were HARD to find), so I've kind of got this irrational dislike of people who only play Persona 3-5.

I can only assume it's the feeling Sup Forums hipsters get when they see someone say they only read Big Two books.

Pls no spoilerino

Man the commentators are so smug

Invisible Man via Negative Man.

Don't hold your breath, Storyteller. Word on the street is that Final Fantasy: N'Sync Edition is a bit of a disappointment.

The major complaints seem to be that the open world thing is bullshit, and that the story is utterly pedestrian with a protagonist who has no real reason to be so brooding.

Grain of salt of course, I haven't played the game myself, I'm just telling you what I've heard.