JJ Destroyed Star Wars

Disney isn't in charge of the story. They let Lucasfilm run relatively independently.

When Kathleen Kennedy took over Lucasfilm, before she sold to Disney, she asked George Lucas for ideas for an entire new trilogy. She hired Michael Arndt to flesh out those ideas into script treatments for VII, VIII and IX.

She then took those to Disney and used that as leverage to sell to Disney.

She hired Arndt to be the full script writer for VII, to expand on what he and George Lucas already started on.

Then she hired JJ Abrams, who asked permission to toss all those story ideas out the window and start fresh. It was at this moment they also wiped out the EU, to give JJ the latitude to do whatever he wanted. He only wrote one movie and gave no answers for any of the mysteries he created.

Rian Johnson said repeatedly he was a little surprised that when he came in, he had a blank slate.

I would think it would have made much more sense to have a full vision for the entire trilogy to start, but it was JJ who threw that out the window. When Episode IX is done, I hope we find out what Lucas + Arndt originally planned.

Rian did say that for his new stand-alone trilogy, that he wants a full plan for the trilogy to begin with. Then he will write the first one and go from there. He may not write and direct all three.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Fy7jscKZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> It was at this moment they also wiped out the EU
First, the EU was already on the chopping block. Second, EU was never going to be part of the movies as it was never considered canon to the movies.

proof?

Kathleen Kennedy is the main IP director these days and was the source of most plot points. JJ and Jonson are more contractors working for her

I am not defending JewJew since he took a fat shit on Star Trek first, which was always closer to my heart than Star Wars, but he played it safe with TFA and at the very least set up some potentially interesting plot lines (like Snoke, the Knights of Ren) which were subsequently shitcanned by the fat neckbeard director and the feminist writer.

Pope's Nose

>Larping on Sup Forums again

NOBODY FUCKING CARES

ITS JUST A MOVIE

SHUT THE FUCK UP

youd think youd be glad people actually the ability to create stories out of thin air like they used to rather than a team of handlers and corporations mapping out every move to appeal to a fan based thats been jerked off for decades

It does feel direction less. I'd also love to know what exactly the "Lucasfilm Story Group" do. They look like a bunch of twats to be honest.

JJ is doing IX so it all hinges on that. If he delivers a good movie that ties it together and offers explanation for his mysteries then Rian will look like the one who went way off on a tangent. If he bumbles it then he will be hated and have his career smeared by Star Wars.

I thought VII was a more fun movie than VIII despite the main plot being a lazy mirror because of the curious characters

>Rian Johnson said repeatedly he was a little surprised that when he came in, he had a blank slate.
>Rian did say that for his new stand-alone trilogy, that he wants a full plan for the trilogy to begin with. Then he will write the first one and go from there. He may not write and direct all three.

lmao. man he fucked this one up bad enough, and you say yourself he had a blank slate. you think this guy is still getting his own trilogy?

TFA wasn't perfect, but it was decent enough. it was entirely passable. there were hooks and mysteries there for a new director and writer to take the reigns of and get creative with. rian johnson has managed to completely fuck up or just ignore everything set up by TFA.

the biggest writing hurdle left after TFA was how the first order was still going to recover from star killer base being destroyed. people thought that was bad? good luck with TLJ, holy fuck.

>You think hes still getting his own trilogy?

>half a billion doll hairs in 2 days

Yup

Watch the Snokes scenes from TFA, which takes 3 minutes, then watch the either, or both, of his scenes in TLJ.
It's a completely different character and they clearly had no plan.

They must just approve what can go into books and video games because there's clearly never been a rigid direction for the trilogy. Them nearly all being women smacks of Kathleen Kennedy wanting to hire women

Jj set up plenty of plot points which could have been awesome. But rian ditched it and and decided to go full SJW

JJ sucks at tying stuff together, IX is guaranteed to be shit.

Right on point you bald motherfucker, right on fucking point.

They honestly don't do shit. They are supposed to keep track of the canon, but they simply make sure that the people who do the books/comics/video games don't contradict the movies.
The movies still shit all over "canon" and don't have to abide by any "canon."

>shitcanned by the fat neckbeard director and the feminist writer.
It was written and directed by the same "person".

You really have to wonder how they let the hypderdrive kamikaze through.

>She hired Michael Arndt to flesh out those ideas into script treatments for VII, VIII and IX.
Proof? I'll I've ever heard about is that Lucas and Arndt gave some ideas for VII that included characters a lot like Kylo and Rey, except way younger.

It's simple. The story group isn't involved in the making of movies in any serious capacity.

>Rian Johnson said repeatedly he was a little surprised that when he came in, he had a blank slate.

Rian also bragged about writing the script before TFA was finished. He's a hack.

>First, the EU was already on the chopping block
nope

EU (lucasfilm canon) was always canon until overwritten by lucas.

lmao no, EU was never canon to the movies
EUfags are such revisionists
your shitty comic books never counted

I'm glad JJ Abrams is doing XI and not Rian Johnson. One thing JJ got right was the adventure aspect with different locations, one of the many things I didn't like about VIII was that it felt too small with so much of it happening on Luke's island and in space ships

THAT SHIT IS 40 YEARS OLD
LET IT GO, FAGGOT FANBOY
LET CHARACTERS, STYLES, AND TRENDS ENJOY THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH YOU HAVE DEPRIVED THEM OFF WITH YOUR INCESSANT, OBSESSIVE FAGGOTRY

George Lucas was the visionary they needed but they needed someone over him to nix his bad ideas

JJ Abrams only sins in my opinion was the way the movie was a complete rip off of A New Hope, and Rey beating Kylo in their first battle.

The good guy wins the first battle, why even have any more?

yes they did, lucas in fact read the comic books. Stay mad soygon.

They should have let Lucas write the overarching plot and they would have been set

why are only stupid people allowed to run lucasfilm?

>yes they did, lucas in fact read the comic books.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
terrible b8
But I know it's a shitpost because no one is that stupid. Good one bro, thanks for the laugh.

pastebin.com/Fy7jscKZ

stay mad cuck

im pretty damn sure it was he had a canon grade and everything leveling which ones were considered canon and which ones weren't. Some of the EU was considered canon until specified otherwise.

He copy pasted it from reddit, and that guy had zero proof
So there’s yours

>potentially interesting plotlines
oh yes I was so interested to find out the history of "not-palpatine" and the parentage of "gender swapped Luke" such great original characters and plots JJ set up.

That at least added intrigue as to who she was to be so powerful

hello, reddit. how are you doing? nice of you to drop by

>“As far as I know he hasn’t read any of my novels. From what I’ve heard Lucas is a visual man, he likes the comic books for the visual aspect. Frankly I don’t think that he has time to read so I am not offended.”-Timothy Zahn, Author for the EU, The book report interview November, 1997

>“He knows the comics very well – after the fact. He reads the comics. George knows more about Star Wars than we do. He doesn’t see the expanded universe as ‘his’ Star Wars but as ‘ours’. I think this has been mentioned previously, maybe in other places, but it’s not new info, as far as I remember”-Sue Rostoni, Lucas Books and Lucas Licensing Managing Editor, Starwars.com June 2004

blown the fuck out lol

>Copying and pasting a wikipedia article but removing all the details
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

>"When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves—and only the films
>"Film+EU continuity. Anything not in the current version of the films is irrelevant to Film only continuity."
>LUCAS: "There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe
>LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world.
HAHAHAHAHA, you fags actaully though George gave a fuck about EU? You thought George reads comic books for kids? The same guy that wiped out like half of the EU when he made the prequels and didn't notice? The same guy that when he found out there is a character named Anakin in the EU he had killed because he didn't want any other Anakin in Star Wars?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why are EUniggers, such niggers? Nothing personal kids, but EU was never canon.

good thanks
im harvesting the spiciest memes here for maximum karma
feed me

Good pôst.

Does anybody know where I can buy zyklon-b? I built a monster Auschwitz in my basement speciflally for JJ

>the biggest writing hurdle left after TFA was how the first order was still going to recover from star killer base being destroyed. people thought that was bad? good luck with TLJ, holy fuck.

man, both the Resistance and The First Order are in really shitty positions after the events of TLJ.

only old italian women call it the popes nose lmao

Where's the tit milk drinking?

but this is a story for another time

Yes, EU was always canon

In your heart it was user. Deep in your heart.

I don’t think it’s fair to blame JJ Abrams. He’s objectively a good director. The issue is the faggot Disney Execs and people like Kathleen Kennedy who wanted to pander to the commie feminist audience. JJ had no choice. And then they brought in Rian Johnson who was both incompetent and beholden to the executives, so we got a full train wreck instead of just a half train wreck like TFA

thanks in no part to rian johnson, who's film was so bad the franchise might be irreparably damaged now. killing the franchise that survived the prequels is pretty impressive but this guy might have managed to do it.

I haven't paid any attention at all to what Disney has been doing to Star Wars, but Rian Johnson looks like the archetype of the soy boy.

>“”Lucasfilm canon” refers to anything produced by any of the Lucas companies, whether it be movies, books games or internet. “Movie canon” is only what you see and hear in the Star Wars films”- Leland Chee, Continuity Database administrator aka Keeper of the Holocron for Lucas Licensing, Starwars.com May 30, 2003

Yes, I mean, it was explicitly clear that it was canon. I still like to catch up on various EU novels.

>“Movie canon” is only what you see and hear in the Star Wars films”-
Yes, it was always clear EU was never canon to the films. I'm glad we agree. Good riddance of that shit too.

Yeah I dunno why they were in such a hurry to start. Marvel planned their movies ahead. It's not all set in stone, but Feige at least had a general idea.

All Disney had to do was come up with a solid idea for 3 movies. Now there's only one movie left, and the new lead characters have barely spent any time together.

what did Lucas original vision looked like?

jj abrams looks like such a turbocuck, wow.

>gave no answers for any of the mysteries he created.
so instead of coming up with answers to questions Rian decides to completely ignore them.

Objectively?
What the fuck even borderline acceptable movie did this fucking talentless cocsucking fag make recently???
Fucked Star Trek, fucked Star Wars. I piss on your hack JJJJJ JOKE of a director and his stupid mystery shit filled boxes. Savy? Now go fuck yourself too.

How do you do fellow whites?

I am afraid you underestimate the plebs. They will swallow this and any other quipping movie that will follow, pre-ordering tickets and bragging about how much nerdy they are.
Then you ask a basic analysis or opinion and you have feelings at best. AT BEST.
I blame big bang theory.

EU contains movie canon and has to abide by it, so movie canon is basically a stripped down version of the the EU lol

True enough, movie canon used to be free of the filth of EU. Until Disney decided to make nuCanon where everything is canon.
Dayam shame, now we have shitty comic books and cartoons as canon.

Oh wait the are still irrelevant to the movies ad just as worthless as EU, lmao. Rey and Poe met in "canon" but in TLJ they met for first time. lol, guess someone forgot to check the comicbook "canon"

JJ is a talentless hack, but this problem is not his fault. The problem is Lucasfilm, they clearly have no long term plan at work here. They are making it up as they go along, not giving the projects nearly enough time in pre-production to cook. Everything wrong with TFA, RO, and TLJ could have been fixed if Lucasfilm ordered the scripts go through another draft or two, but the production scheduled on these movies is way too fast so that wasn't something they wanted to do.

If they were smart they would have story treatments ready for all three movies before even going into pre-production on the first. Yet JJ only just recently submitted a treatment for Episode IX. There is no plan at work here, Disney needs to clear house at Lucasfilm if they want to keep Star Wars alive.

Well ..

I really hate that fetal alcohol syndrome looking dude, but that's actually the perfect reaction to TLJ totally tossing all potentially great plot developments aside for the bullshit we actually got.

this is the biggest tell that this entire "trilogy" was not handled very well.
Based Rian crashed the ship with no survivors

Shes just a woman and he egged her on with extra much bullshit.

>his new stand-alone trilogy

What?

Not defending J.J., who's undoubtedly a hack, but all of this sounds like desperate Disney shilling.
As far as I know, Lucas had outlines for two trilogies beyond the existing ones, and had essentially full stories for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX before the sale to Disney.
Do you really think that Kennedy could've orchestrated the Disney sale without Lucas' approval? Lucas was in charge of Lucasfilm until the sale, at that time The Clone Wars was still in production and he was fairly involved in it, and it was at the time of the sale that Kennedy's takeover was announced, seemingly as a condition thereof because Lucas thought he could trust her.
I also never heard Michael Arndt's name brought up until early into the Disney days, I seem to recall him being a Kennedy hire to turn George's ideas into scripts. It was a while later that J.J. was announced as director, and that's when Arndt's script was reworked (read: trashed) into Star Wars- Episode VII: The Force Awakens. It was only immediately around the release of TFA that I ever recall hearing about Lucas being tossed aside completely.

AND star trek. the new trek movies are absolute shit.

>one man destroys two iconic franchises

>fucking kike wants to destroy something the goyim love and cherish
color me shocked

literally what interesting was there in knights of ren

I've seen a lot of complaints about their lack of inclusion, but they had like two lines in the last movie and one shot of them in the rain

transformers were destroyed way worse than all star trek or star wars

I know it as a parson's nose.

Wow, they look so diverse. I bet most of the "white" people there are Jews.

isn't it time you go chop your penis off or grow one?

>"Lucasfilm Story Group"

>Rian did say that for his new stand-alone trilogy
Whaaaa? When will this be set?

>until overwritten by lucas
which is exactly what Lucas would have done with the sequels

Potential.
Kylo Ren leading a group of BadAssMofos.