Guys, stop telling Dan Slott to kill himself. He's a pleb who doesn't think that superheroes are real

Guys, stop telling Dan Slott to kill himself. He's a pleb who doesn't think that superheroes are real.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/s71ddrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Telling someone to kill themselves isn't a death threat.

This is true. It's more like a request.

They called him in just to show him the BINDERS full of death threats, huh?

Considering Slott's history of making up bullshit, I'm inclined to believe him!

I remember him lying about how it was permanent and selling the death threats as publicity

maybe if we stop, he won't get the attention he so craves and then he'll actually kill himself?

It's an order. "Please kill yourself" is a request.

I AM TOTALLY GOING TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL EVERYONE ITT

I SWEAR I'LL DO IT MY BROTHER WORKS FOR THE NSA

IM SOOPER SRS GUYS I'M A BIG BAD INTERNET MAN COMING TO GET YOU ALLLLLLLL ~OOOOOooooooOOOOO~

Strange how brings up death threats now, since, when SSM was going on, he spent most of his time tell you "You're wrong" if you didn't like it or talked about how much support he got for it.

>He's a pleb who doesn't think that superheroes are real.
They aren't. There are only villains. No heroes.

THIS IS GOING INTO MY BINDER OF DEATH THREATS

IM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW

But the villains are the writers.
Ever notice how fat white guys are the top writers at Marvel, yet they write the worst books?

I like Slott's She-Hulk and GLA

>Current Year +1
>Taking internet death threats seriously

Holy shit he really can't talk about anything but Superior huh

sad.

Meanwhile at DC twitter.

He dies, Peter is free. No deal!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a lie.

I doubt they'd fucking care or take it seriously. Unless they're putting a case together, the D.A has better shit to do than call in people to show them a bunch of letters.

He's not wronggggg, but fuck him.

You are invited to kill yourself

King took some shit, but damn are his fans the worst. I used to think Morrison's were bad but daaaammmnnn

>Marvel writers are fat, take a personal vendetta against any slight, and are willing to ruin a character for funsies
>DC writers are swole, can brush off non-constructive criticism, and respect a character's history while adding to their legacy

I just think it's funny how defensive marvel creators get while Kings out there responding people's criticism politely and actually asking why they don't like something instead of sperging out.

>It was a STORY about FICTIONAL character
>takes internet death threats seriously

Dan is a god damn faggot baby idiot.

Is he talking about Kirk Boxleitner? I seem to recall him having a hissy fit over Peter's death worthy of Joan Crawford when the issue came out....

>That I was "irresponsible" and was being disrespectful of Lee & Ditko's creation

What does you mean WAS? You still are. Spider-Man hasn't had a legit good run in years, but I don't think one has been as consistently bad as Slott's since the Clone Saga.

I miss Marvel Adventures.

>Best Batman book is Tec
I chuckled

I have not liked King's Batman run, but I do appreciate how he's not a whiny bitch about it and doesn't just go "I DO WHAT I WANT."

web diaper

DC writers have mandatory gym dates with Dan Didio so they have to bulk up in order to receive criticism well.

It's kinda hard for Slott to have any moral high ground considering he literally spends him time cyberstalking people online and constantly harassing them. Hell, he's even cyberstalked and bullied women and black people.

You think he would have some kind of self-awareness about this. But of course he doesn't.

I still don't get why those branches of authority would need to be the ones showing "binders of death threats" when the threats were aimed at Slott. Couldn't he just show them himself instead?

King is a genuinely nice man. Snyder too. I might not like the majority of their Batman runs, but they are good people. That should be acknowledged.

Blue guy sounds like a retard.

has anyone other than muslims ever actually followed through with death threats

*pulls out katana* hmph, you're funeral...

I know about the incident with Hugh Hefner's daughter-in-law but who are the black people that Slott's stalked?

>>Slott stalking the founder of Playboy's family

What the hell?

The wife of one of Hefner's kids was a regular on Scans Daily. She didn't like Slott or his work on Amazing Spider-Man.

So Dan followed her to her personal Live Journal page and basically spent several days yelling at her and mocking her and stuff.

The whole thing got covered up by Rich Johnston, which pissed off Scans Daily when they tried to report what happened to Rich and he refused to publish what happened/took Slott's side.

Big Time through Spider-Island was good.

Maybe it would help if you didn't keep bragging about every issue would piss people off more than the last.

*teleports behind you*

So how much of Dan Slott's death threat binder is just copies of the Gorilla Warfare copypasta?

Damn, I hadn't heard of that. I remember a girl on Twitter saying she read a description of Superior and said it sounded awful without mention Slott by name. Slott found out anyway and mocked her for it.

Are the tumblrinas mad he made Doc Ock a nazi?

>"death threats" are just bored teenagers typing "kys" over and over

I wanted to believe but I also wanted the source

That's because DC mostly employs actual adults. As opposed to Marvel's man-children.

Part one, I think.

Part two, I also think.

>The police called him to show him binders of death threats

sounds like bullshit to me

Dan Slott + Mark Waid + Nic Spencer seem like fucking insane people based of their twitter.

It is. People don't collect online death threats, especially local police. They also don't go out of their fucking way to help you unless you ask or there is a legit hitman or something that's coming after you.

You'd think Slott would get some form of comeuppance for his immature behavior,, but all he gets is internet threats

That makes it worst, but more funny.

The death threats were fictional too.

Waid isn't exactly the calmest of people.

It's a felony. That's why it's bannable behavior on the boards, chans can become accountable for the crimes if they don't try to stop them.

Plus, there are instances where nutbags have carried the threats out.

So Waid is actually just an insane person.

Not that I mind, insane people can create interesting perspectives on the world. Like Miller and the god-damn batman.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Superior Spiderman. I thought it was an interesting direction, it fixed a ton of issues normal Spiderman was having, and reopened the brand so it could be taken in a direction that wasn't the exact same looping railroaded path Peter had been down for fucking decades.

I also hate Spidey clones, and sincerely feel like there should never have been more than one Spiderman-like in Marvel at any given time. Spiderman is a fucking universe level cancer eating Marvel to pieces. I fully blame him for the fact that we have so many heroes now who are literally named the same thing are are, mostly, identical save for gender or race or other shit like that.

>likes Superior Spider-Man
>hates all other Spidey offshoots enough to blame Spidey himself for Marvel's current problems

I think this is the first time I've seen someone with this opinion. I wish I hadn't.

It's not really blaming Spiderman, who's a not real fictional character. It's more like, I blame the teams who up until this point have worked on and been lazy about specific aspects OF Spiderman. It's different. I feel like Spiderman has more or less opened the door for the idea of what's wrong with current Marvel. His comics didn't even do it intentionally, I'm sure. Hell, they barely did anything directly. But the shit that was done with Spidey has caused a number of issues that have easily grown into wide spread problems.

Let me put it this way: I like Miles Morales, sort of. That is to say, I don't hate him, but it's not as though I love the character or the idea either. But his creation at the time was heralded as some kind of amazing first time ever situation (despite it likely not being at all), where a character of one race was replaced by a character of a second race. This is after, mind you, Spiderman had been a woman and like 3 other "Spiderman"s all of whom were varying shades of Peter Parker. But why was Miles Spiderman? Like, of course, the Meta reason is that they felt they couldn't bring a new character into the universe and have his books sell, I know. Marvel is terrified of pushing away from their grandfathered characters. But even after Peter came back and Miles stuck around, they were both Spiderman. Even after the universe reset, man. And Miles, of course, at this point has just become bland and lazy as fuck.

Know that I actually used to hold Spiderman in a really high regard, but after really watching this unfold, and after realizing how lazy and repetitive a lot of his comic arcs and shit are, I just kind of realized there's nothing really there. One more day was awful, by the way. So it's not as though I'm some kind of backwards opposite opinion for everything.

spell it with the hyphen in the future please

That's understandable. I certainly agree that having Peter and Miles together is redundant. If Spider-Gwen can be the only character in her universe to have an ongoing series, why couldn't they do the same with Miles? I also feel that Miguel works much better in his own time period than in the present day.

You seem to have a firm grasp on the situation and possess at least some ability to think critically but I think you're struggling with the loss of your hero, and putting a disproportionate amount of blame on Spider-man due to the perceived betrayal.

That didn't come out right. You used to really like Spider-man and now you realize that his current runs are all garbage and you feel betrayed and that's fucking with you.

I feel like what I'm trying to say is that the Spiderman brand made it acceptable to do everything that's wrong with modern Marvel, that is ultimately the problem with the company as a whole. Countless Spidermen, Scarlet Spiders, Girls, Gwens, and Pigs later I still feel like we're all looking into the face of this monster, but somehow I'm the only one seeing it. He set a precedence that other comic creators realized they could follow. I guess in a way, it really isn't Spiderman's fault, it the fault of laziness. But the creators behind the comic are still the ones who opened that door. And we're still living in a Spiderverse, even if that story is way behind us.

Spiderman making this kind of shit acceptable is why we got Girl Thor, and 2 Caps, and 2 Wolverine's, and god only knows what I'm too angry to remember. He did it. Spiderman is a person who occupies many spots in the universe and is also a mentality at this point filling the fucking Marvel universe with clones and copies of many other characters. Literally killing Marvel from the inside.

Dear fuck, what a maniac.

IT'S NOT SPELLED SPIDERMAN IT'S SPELLED SPIDER-MAN YOU FUCKING IDIOT

I still subscribe to the "you used to like Spider-man and now that's shattered so you're butthurt" hypothesis. The idea of a legacy hero has been a thing for a very very long time, that's not new to Marvel.

So did I. But they were a long time ago now.

You can't kill me. I'm fictional.

Right, legacy heroes are fine. In fact I'ld be more okay with legacy heroes, if they were actually legacy heroes. It's not a legacy if the character who originally held the name comes back in swinging and just becomes "SUPER HERO [X] THE ORIGINAL" and the comic start to run alongside one another after that. That's not legacy, that's trying to double up on your characters because you tried to replace them, lost fans, and then think by bringing the original back you're just going to double your numbers. It's lazy and wrong. Like, actually wrong. Like incorrect, I mean. It never works.

Also, if we're to be truthful here? Not many of the Spiedrman additionals were ever really legacy characters. I think Miles counts, but I'm struggling to think of a second.

Also, for real? I stopped liking Spiedrman a long ass time ago. I kept reading it even after I stopped, though. The quality went down the shitter real quick. I think I was in middleschool when I realized I stopped liking Spiedrman. I'm not even butthurt, I'm legit more worried about what Spiedrman let in at this point. Like, once in awhile I'll see a good storyline posted on here, that feels good and gives me hope again, but it's so far and few between at this point.

Spid-erman

A vote to see who people think is the worst among them.

strawpoll.com/s71ddrs

>Barry Allen
>not a Legacy
>Wally West
>not a Legacy
>Just because Jay/Barry are back
>Sam Alexander
>not a Legacy
>Just because Rich is back
You're still just a butthurt fag. Let it go, being mad about Marvel won't make them change.

WRONG.

Spider-nam.

>I feel like what I'm trying to say is that the Spiderman brand made it acceptable to do everything that's wrong with modern Marvel, that is ultimately the problem with the company as a whole. Countless Spidermen, Scarlet Spiders, Girls, Gwens, and Pigs later I still feel like we're all looking into the face of this monster, but somehow I'm the only one seeing it. He set a precedence that other comic creators realized they could follow. I guess in a way, it really isn't Spiderman's fault, it the fault of laziness. But the creators behind the comic are still the ones who opened that door. And we're still living in a Spiderverse, even if that story is way behind us.

Ms. Marvel - created as a spin-off of Captain Marvel in 1977.
She-Hulk - created to ensure any possible derivation from the TV show would be Marvel property, 1980.
Spider-Woman - created to secure copyright in 1978, given her own series when the one-off issue sold well..
Hercules and Thor, both freely reinvented to fit the modern era.
Hellcat was cannibalized from 40s-50s era "women's comics".

And please, god, don't get us started on DC's Silver Age Families. Superboy, Supergirl, Comet, Streaky, Beppo, Batman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Ace, Bat-Mite, Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr, Mary Marvel, Uncle Marvel, the Marvel Lieutenants (Tall Billy, Hill Billy, and Fat Billy)...

Tl;dr: no, you are not a special snowflake that spotted a problem nobody else has, you just have really bad tunnel vision.

He even cyber stalked women and black people? That's over the line, holy cow.

Isn't the extended Marvel family a Golden Age Fawcett thing?

>tfw Stokoe will never get to do Spider-Nam for real

>do something fucking stupid or act like a fucking ass
>say you got death threats
>suddenly gain societal immunity

Every time

Unless it was the police themselves making the threats. "Hey Dan, come on down the station, everyone at the precinct made their own card for you. Your days are numbered, buddy."

Must be the CIA training

Surprisingly, no, though DC used them less, and mostly got rid of them in CoIE. Morrison, of course, resurrected them.

What are you saying here? When was the extended Marvel family introduced.

It is.

Fawcett introduced them in the 40s, DC used them here and there in the 70s.

He thought you asked if it was only a Fawcett thing.

So they're a Golden Age Fawcett creation, not a DC 60s thing.
This was about the CREATION of these characters, user.

>>DC writers are swole, can brush off non-constructive criticism, and respect a character's history while adding to their legacy

Yeah man tell that to the entire 90s legacy generation

Those tweets and Spider-Verse are the reasons why I feel kind of bad yet indifferent toward what he said in I think dumb fans should stop tossing around death threats. But in Slott's case he did Superior Spider-Man and got angry threats from it, okay, that's definitely a concern.

But then he does Spider-Verse where he deliberately kills off various versions of Spider-Man that have fans, and it comes off kind of petty and thoughtless. Especially when he was complaining about angry fans in the first place. It's like someone who got attacked by lions who then after the incident decides to go right into the lion cage during feeding time.

Which also can be comparable to him going after other fans saying something negative about his work.

Is Slott autistic or just a shitposter?

Yeah that's why I said

Both and I also like to think he posts here.

so you're saying he's /ourguy/?

He frequents most forums talking about him and his work. When the interview about him saying MJ and Peter would never happen in 616, someone here autistically defended Slott. It wasn't unlike how Slott acts on other forums, down to how he worded it

Apparently there is some proof, a Slott twitter thread was once started with a screencap that had an icon that only appears for the person whose tweet it is, seeming that Slott himself capped it and posted it.

That's what I used to think. Then I read America.

Eh Ewing is pretty good, as is David.

I think you guys are being too hard on Dan

Just let the man do his job, and if you don't like his comics don't buy them.

There's no reason to insult him.