Kill Six Billion Demons

>Mogrin's companion has no name and never speaks. There is a lot of speculation in Throne's underworld that the strange pale woman is either Mogrin's pet or her jailer.. What's abundantly clear is it's a bad idea to try and open the door to the White-Eyed Woman without being excessively polite to both of them.

Guardians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EpYq0OsSLO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do we know why they're there to see this Mogrin?

Mogrin let's them in to see the white eyed woman who presumably let's them in to see the heretic court who presumably allows them to get a team of devils together to do a heist.

So how do devils gain and lose names? That dog thing is referring to Cio as Yabalchoath so does that mess with it somehow?

holy shit, is mogrin an ebon?

No no, Oscar is the one getting the team together. Going to the Heretic Court is just to get permission to even go after Mammon's treasury.

Names are like organs. You can still talk about someone's liver even if they got it removed, but it doesn't bring the liver back.

Looks that way

I don't think it's been made very clear, but I think it works along the lines of shedding names through magical rituals. Just because everyone calls her Cio instead of her full name doesn't mean she gets more powerful.

Right, but I don't think they would need permission from them if they weren't bringing devils.

I believe it was stated that permission for any kind of big crime has to get run through the Heretic Court first. The Heretic Court is pretty much in charge of crime, after all.

CHRIST ABBADON WHO WON THE FUCKING CONTEST

It is weird and unsettling to me that that's a mouth on Mogrin, not a nose. Does he still have a dog-shaped head, or if you look at him in profile is his face just kind of flat?

Seriously, that's close to some optical illusion-y shit.

It looks like a dog's head with a human face instead of a snout.

does everyone think it looks like a dog?
I thought it more resembled a siamese cat with those markings

I think it looks like a demon.

White body with red ears made me immediately think of an Akita.

Yes this is what really gets to me. The waiting for the winners.

What's more is that I think Abaddon said he'd take designs he really liked and incorporate them elsewhere in the work, so every character I'm checking for similarities to my submissions.

youre going to drive yourself crazy user

too late im tweaking hard

Guess what.
Me too.

> (OP)
>holy shit, is mogrin an ebon?

It's...unclear.

Maybe she's a servant possessed of a devil, like the inimitable Preem Nand?

I have to say, the woman staying silent and the beast speaking caught me off guard. Well played, Abaddon.

She has a leash...
On an ebon...

So, Venture Bros guild rules?

>Q: Are there Ebon Devils similar in size and power to the Prime Angels? If so are they revered or looked up to by lesser Devils even weaker ebons similar to how the Angels look up to the Primes?
>A: There is a council of 13 that watch the King of Devils to make sure he doesn’t get out of his prison. They take their role very seriously. All major criminal activity through Devil syndicates in throne requires his approval though, so they still let him hold court.
>The King of Devils is called Himself, and his seat of power and prison is a black iron coffin lashed with forty chains. Cio and Allison will visit him in the next story arc.
To be specific, Himself has the final decision on the approval.

Himself is a demon who holds physical form by sheer force of will or something rather than a mask, right?

Himself is a demon who shed all of his names.
>Q: If Himself is unmasked how does he have the sapience to make important decisions that get relayed to the devil populace? Do the 13 greater devil jailers make shit up and claim he says it as a means of controlling the other devils?
>A: Himself has the important distinction of being named ‘Himself’, in a True Name kind of sense, which sort of exempts him from playing the normal game we are all playing, that being reality.

>Q: Wait, but demons are formless chaos who need to have the lie of a personality to be... Anything other than that, right? If Himself doesn't have a mask... Well, who even was it who made Himself?
>A: Himself, of course. He is that he is.

He has the whole God, "My name is I" thing going on cool.

Hey, some people just get lost easily.

The ebon has a leash on her.

The humans that got masked in the first chapter, did they have normal faces after or was it a mask like Preem?

Are you talking about the ones with no faces? Because the bodies are specifically faceless to allow possession by those masks/girls that called Preem Nand father.

He's also on par with fucking Prime Angels and apparently doesn't obey the laws of reality

>Those background farmers
>That over-designed metal bikini
>The simply uncanny and creepy dog demon in the middle of it all.

God the character designs make me want to jizz myself every time.

Didn't they show them cutting off their faces? I'm just trying to figure out if the black face on that dog makes it an ebon or if the faces are innocuous.

No, the bodies were already faceless, what you're probably remembering is them getting grabbed and having the faces forced onto them. As for the Mogrin, I'd agree that since she looks like Nand but ebon then there's a good chance that's the exact situation. My question about Nand is did he have to upgrade to a bigger mask or did his just grown in size to fit the androsphinx? And did he have to work his way up to it or not?

>that verdant devil perched on the top of the building

Well fucking played Abbadon, didn't see that sucker the first time.

so was the androsphinx a person before nand took it over or was it just a lifeless body?

Holy shit I didn't see it until you pointed it out.

it was the body of a gate guardian

pretty sure the white eyed woman is the name of the place

I did not consider this. That makes more sense.

So, was the red card ever explained?
Is it some kind of devil's id card?

Did you post the wrong page?

It's a calling card

Look more closely at the 'posts' of the gate. There are sphinx guardians.

Cute doggo
cute girl
good update

Are they in the shades?

See in that page it looks like the guardians have gold faces as well making it difficult to tell the circumstances.

>Are they in the shades?
More or less.

fuck I am really looking forward to whats inside that building

Can someone tell me why is the devil a dog?

why not

Because they already made one that's a cat.

Why are you assuming that devil's shape, you shitlord? Ugh.

>>>/facebook/

Because Sphinxes are back in style baby

Is it me or has White Chain been looking incredibly blue lately? Just one of those inexplicable design changes?

This is one of the hypest shit I've read all day.

Post YFW Himself gets out of his coffin.

Im strangely scared of this happening, because one of the best tropes in storytelling is having the enigmatic aspect of a mystery, no matter how incredible Himself would look if he's to be released, It would slightly ruin the mysterious aspect behind it.

A variety of different creatures can be converted into soulless husks that a devil's mask can be applied to. They take on the devil's identity and are effectively 'possessed' by the devil until the mask is removed.

It would be cool if Alison tried to use the power of the key to give himself a name And he just laughs it off and says she can no more name him than an ant name the cosmos.

It's great isn't it? He's so consistent with his character rules and personalities.

Wait, what's the deal with that devil?

youtube.com/watch?v=EpYq0OsSLO4

For some reason I love this metaphor. It's too perfect!

Same, I love a good analogy.

I assume because she's someone's bitch. :^3

Verdant, a.k.a. Green, Devils are known for perching on buildings, stock-still, as guards. It's just a little detail that's consistent with the lore and looks neat.

Goddamn this is the best comic ever.

The ebon name is sort of like the devil's true name so it's probably just a matter of courtesy to call a previous ebon by their name. Of course only another ebon or someone powerful enough would probably do so.

Wonder what the deal with the stragglers around the building is?

They'll probably be revealed when those characters show up. I'm hoping one of the submissions I drew at least gets in as a background character or something.

I thought that too but it could go either way though it has a long tail. My first thought was Lying Cat.

Abbadon probably didn't have Nand totally thought out at that point.

Probably just grew. We don't really know how demon possession works at all. There are only two examples of it.

>A pleasure house
This is going to be a giant underground area isn't it?

If it happens it will probably be much later in the story.

How long before they meet the devil king

please stop reminding me that king's fall was a raid that happened

Kings Fall was fun when you were with people who are competent

nah brah
and the drops all looked like shit

>Cabal raid in D2
>Cabal raid gear
>Cabal exotic grenade launcher

>we're finally gonna get real centurion looking titan gear that isn't helm of saint-14

The White-Eyed Woman is cute

White eyed woman is actually Ventress?

weve gotten so much out of this set of panels

Ventress was a bitch, so it does make sense.

you're a bitch

dead thread

I think everyone's waiting for Him or the devils contest to be resolved.

this entire page is fucking beautiful. The ambiance, the arrangement, use o space, colors, gotta be my favorite one in a while.

that ambient lighting coming from over the hill behind the building is really nice

That can't be Himself, the whole point of Himself is he has no mask, he named himself, and thus had no need to be masked.