Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4WgT9gy4zQA
youtube.com/watch?v=088c8_2j6IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NEETs should be holocausted.

it's not a big deal
only manchildren neckbeards are triggered by it cause they live like that
their games taught them to be reactionary to whatever approaches them

Spielberg hasn't made a good movie in over ten years. Time to hang it up, my dude.

This will be the next wave of movies after superhero fad dies out. They'll literally just throw random pop culture references together with no actual plot and they'll make millions

It feels like it's all coming to an end, like this is the supernova following the complete collapse of Hollywood

>I Understood That Reference: the Movie

It's like you don't even remember Epic Movie

It’s such a bad book.

I think the worst part is where the one Jap brother shows Wade the death of his brother and the book writes:

>Akira turned around to look away from thand footage.
>He obviously didn’t want to see his brothers death on screen.

As if we couldn’t figure out the second line from the first line.

The entire book is written that poorly.

My favorite video game character, KEWL!

Unfortunately this will never make it to the big screen. After the apocalypse caused by Russians down voting tlj, we will all have bigger problems to contend with.

youtu.be/4WgT9gy4zQA

this is the movie that will not only kill Spielberg's career but WB as well

>i don't know what prose is

It's the Emoji movie all over again, only difference is that RPO actually takes itself seriously.

The author obviously doesn’t.

The scene didn’t need the second line.

It’s a book written for, by and about autists.

When Tolstoy wrote about small kids in War and Peace playing on little chairs pretending to ride trains to Moscow and Paris, he didn’t write “The children were sitting on small chairs pretending they were trains and that they were riding the trains to Moscow and Paris to visit Napoleon but they weren’t actually on trains they were pretending the chairs were trains. Kids have big imaginations!”

He wrote:

>The children were riding to Moscow on chairs. Peter was about to confront Napoleon.

Good prose doesn’t overexplain. Less is more.

DID YOU SEE THAT REFERENCE? HAHA I CLAPPED YASSSSSS

How is this related to Star wars? Mods!

>it will be a box office hit because they gave Tracer a 0.5 second scene to put into the trailer

someday Sup Forums will just have its name changed to /disney/.

Haven't heard good things about the book and the fact that the trailers rely so heavily on references makes me think it'll be shit.

Listen to these guys.

As Shoto scrambled to get the last two treasures and place them in the trophy case, he remotely activated one of the Kurosawa’s external cameras and used it to record a short video of Daito’s confrontation with the approaching Sixers. Shoto opened a window and played this video clip for me. But he averted his eyes until it was over. He obviously had no desire to watch it again.

Big Bang Theory with more budget and redditors.

Biggest movie of 2018, looking forward to it

The movie actually looks heavily toned down from the book

We should just start watching shit from bollywood at this point tbqh. They seem to be in much better shape.

Most cringe worthy nostalgia whoring book ever written.

Film looks like it will be even worse

>the hero saves the day by recalling what character made his first appearance in spiderman #657
It's a rationalization for wasting your life obsessing over contrived inanities.

Wow what a hot bahubali

biggest WB movie of 2018 maybe

Every single time i've seen this movie discussed on not-Sup Forums, it's always normies saying "OMG was that the delorean!?"or "holy shit that was tracer from overwatch."

>Biggest movie of 2018
You're forgetting about the mouse-shaped black hole that's gonna suck money from every other movie around may

I just want ONE mainstream outlet going with the Russia story.

>hurr the 80s are the absolute best, if you glorify old stuff for the sake of being old, you'll be succesful
The author is legit mentally ill

Movie doesn't even stick to 80s references and just throws everything that ever existed.

Yeah, let's discuss what will be the dullest adaptation in the history of movie adaptations. Seriously the whole movie will just be filled with refernces to 80's movies without any plot to speak of. Aside from the futuristic imagery, the movie’s only consistency will be its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make virtual reality unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Cline supported the idea of Spielberg directing the movie; he made sure the flick would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his book. Ready Player One might be anti-religion (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the book was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that the author wrote like a reddit commenter would. Using expressions like "m'lady", "I'm a really nice guy" or "the crowd burst into applause".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time the author wrote like an euphoric fedora. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Cline's mind is so governed by pop culture references and cliches that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Ready Player One by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Ready Player One at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Ready Player One" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Probably cruising for 1Bill just because of le nerd culture. The source material is a fucking insult to literature.

>The author is legit mentally ill
yes he's jewish

Harry Potter may be extremely flawed but it's still Pynchon tier compared to the abomination that is RPO

What's up with his eyes though

I really couldn't have given a shit less about the premise of Steven Spielberg's "Ready Player One", which comes out next year, until I read an excerpt from the Ernest Cline book it's adapted from where the protagonist describes a DeLorean car (from the 1985 movie "Back to the Future" which stars Parkinson's sufferer Michael J. Fox) he won and then outfitted with a talking onboard computer named KITT (a reference to a 1982 American Television Series known as "Knight Rider") and an oscillation overthruster (from the 1984 cult hit science fiction romantic adventure comedy film directed and produced by W.D Richter, "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!") and the Ghostbuster's logo and ECTO-88 license plates (a reference to the 2016 hit paranormal comedy film "Ghostbusters"), and then, to be honest, I was completely sold! I can't wait til this movie comes out!

I think I saw a gundam

>ET game crashed the video game industry
>RPO will crash the film industry
Pottery

I clapped I clapped when I saw it

One can only dream

It should come with a coupon for Think geek.

>Pynchon
>good

/lit/ here, you're alright in my book.

Hell yes, at least Bollywood shlock is entertaining.

It's the RX-78-2 Gundam but it does the Gundam ZZ pose
This makes me VERY upset!

I've only seen the one trailer that uses Tom Sawyer, but does anyone else feel like that trailer is really weirdly cut? It feels like two completely different trailers that got smushed together.

Absolutely it felt like a different trailer when Tom Sawyer started playing. That being said, that was a pretty good trailer, waaaay better than the new one. Trust me, don't watch the new one.

Give me the rundown.

I don't give a fuck about this movie, I don't know shit about the book but I can just tell it was likely some YA garbage and it's going to grate my fucking nerves any time I see bugmen lose their shit over minute

>I RECOGNIZED THAT, I KNOW THAT THING

moments and the requisite

>RPO has ____, ____, ____ all together and it's awesome
>about time
>literally breaking the internet

articles. Fucking kill me, I guess is what I'd really like instead.

The prose in Ready Player One is fucking atrocious, you brainlet. I bet you think J.K. Rowling is a brilliant writer.

This will replace Star Wars as the de facto popular culture sci-fi epoch now that Disney has shit in the corn flakes.

and his last good movie was Munich

What breed is this?

I think it's the would allow to stimulate prostate with a strap on bread.

youtube.com/watch?v=088c8_2j6IY

KINO
I
N
O

Is this "us gamer huh" or there's more to it?

a very mediocre YA fiction book full of nostalgic and new pop culture references gets turned into an advertising cash grab for the dozens of franchises mentioned. Those franchises likely all invested which added up to a huge budget, mostly spent on cgi creating characters that already exist.

No creativity required for a nearly instant profit. Will this movie be the epitome of soulless board room studio flicks?

o fuk

Nothing more to it.

That's all family guy is
>reference someone else's work
>???
>profit!

Why do channers hate the book when that last line describes all of Sup Forums?

Us 80's kids

Holy shit

Cory Doctorow is cuckmaster supreme.

Post a more epic duo

You can't

Levels of soy that shouldn't be possible.

Just 1 second scene of EVAs and my life is complete

Its going to be fucking terrible. There is no feasible universe where this movie is somehow good. If this movie breaks budget I'll finally understand those old people that cite off shitty ass old movies as when they "lost their faith in humanity." This flick doesn't deserve to exist, let alone be a blockbuster.

t.Sup Forums

Meanwhile, in our timeline.

It looks like Food Fight but with everything pop cultre, from the 80's to early 90's. It seems it's going to really on the nostalgia from 36 to 40 year olds and since those with kids will most definitely bring them, they throw in some random modern pop cultre icons.
tl; dr DUDE REMEMBER X??

>Go see TLJ
>Trailer for this starts
>"I was born in the wrong era... the 80s are my hero"
Christ. When will the nostalgia end?

More like R*ddit Player One.

It won't. Being a teen in the late 90's, everything was focused on 70's. It's a marketing thing that follows patterns of people with spending ability.

Soon, 90's will be "revived". Can't wait to see what they'll try to dig up from the '00s. Myspace, vintage youtube, and hair in people's faces.

>Could have made an compelling, nuanced, serial experiments lain-esque story about escapism and how technology affects us as people

>Instead there's nothing but DUDE POP CULTURE LMAO and reddit pandering

Wasted opportunity desu

Wait, is this a legit sample of text from the novel?

You mean VRChat.

the absolute definition of reddit

Every time someone asks this I flip to a completely random page and post a screencap

How is VRChat? Can you import meshes and animations like SL? And that little Luffy is adorable.

Fuck, ok. So is this event, him winning this game of Joust with this Lich, is this supposed to be a significant event?

It's one of the three challenges that grant the first person that completes them ownership of the entire trillion dollar VR company

The second challenge is to kill all the replicant NPCS in the Tyrell Pyramid and use their Voight Kamph machine to teleport into the game Black Dragon and beat it but now it's full 3D VR instead of an old side scroller

The third challenge is to recite the entire script of Monty Python's Holy Grail from memory
But to even make it to the challenge zones you have to drive your DeLorean or fly your Millennium Falcon past the corporate drones that are also trying to win the contest in the name of an evil company that wants to make the VR game pay2win and is willing to kill other players in real life to stop them from progressing

is this Daddario's father

>these massive sentences

ebin, muh gaming skill is super important guys

Is this fucking SAO of movie????

I didnt give a shit until I saw gundam wing in a preview

now I care

Peak reddit

how does it feel to be part of the target market for a reddit flick

You've given me a fucking aneurysm with what you just posted. I can't even go into my original point of, if this is supposed to be important, the way it's described is utterly monotone and boring as fuck with absolutely no dynamic or intriguing aspect about it.

This shit is cancer.

post more

It looks like forgettable dreck and Spielberg belongs in a bingo hall, not behind the director's chair

>movie about a realistic VR second life-tier game
>game world isn't filled with furries
Garbage.

I think that it'll happen, but wishful thinking has too many people thinking it's gonna be [movie that comes out in a few months] instead of something that just happens almost imperceptibly over time, if it happens at all
RPO will probably flop, but nothing's gonna change until Marvel and Star Wars actually stop making money, and I don't mean
>They only hit $1.2 billion instead of $1.3!
>OH NO NO NO

I like how the Jap characters have basically no character and aren't even relevant to anything that's going on, they're just there because Cline is a surface level weeb

You can actually see this scene start up in the trailer

I grow closer to killing myself every time I read a page. And yet I keep doing so.

This fanfic is a best seller that's getting a movie?
Fucking how?