Two Iconic Heros gone in the same year

It's fucked up that 2017 started and ended with the deaths of two Legendary Icons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who cares about capeshit movies? OG Wolverine is back.

I honestly cannot tell the difference between bait and genuine naivety anymore.

Luke was out of character and a disgrace and a sad failure who lived his life for nothing. Hamill's return as Trickster was better and more respectful. Who the fuck would have expected that?

And it's great how there's a way to do it, and not to do it.

Shut your faggot as up.

Luke isn't dead.
That shit isn't written by Lucas, it isn't canon.

Whos the guy under Anakin?

>That shit isn't written by Lucas
Neither is that book

Yeah, but it is the only image I have here

You get a pass

Good man.

At least Logan was acting like this character. Luke in TLJ wasn't Luke at all.

EU Luke was a shittier blander character than TLJ Luke

Enjoy those mousebucks.

Hated TLJ
But EU Luke was literally just a Superman copy

Sorry buddy, Disney bucks dont work outside the park.

I would take a "literal" superman copy rather than what we got in TLJ

Objectively wrong.

>we'll never have a Kyle Katarn in the movies

Also, was luke's saber green in the movie? I only saw the camrip

Except not really
EU Luke was a nothing character, his defining character traits are "badass" and "perfect"
At least TLJ Luke was conflicted and some effort was made to make him kinda interesting

And I left the theatre not satisfied
Though mostly at how much time was spent on ROSE

>we'll never have a Kyle Katarn in the movies
According to Disney he doesn't even exist anymore. And yes, it was green.

He "used" the blue one.

Can always headcanon the Jedi Knight games between 6 and 7.

Green in the flashback and blue during his final fight against Kylo Ren

ITT butthurt white males

Someone has to stop Disney

>let me kill my twin sister and best friend's nephew while he's sleeping

Yeah that's the Luke I remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ

What the fuck happened?

I defended TFA saying that the next movie will have Luke and it will treat the OT with more reverence.

Nope Disney Fucks all over the OT, makes Rey a huge Mary Sue and Luke completely out of character. Yeah I am done, yet another franchise I liked ruined.

So you're going to ignore he was in the middle of a fight and had the power to stop himself mid-fight?

Instead of standing above his sleeping nephew ready to stab him in the heart.

What?

The biggest problem with Episode 9 is that Kylo Ren is a villain with a very clear weakness. He's immature and throws tantrums. Like, EVERYONE knows that these will culminate with his downfall! There's no question of "How will the Resistance defeat Kylo" when he's lost every single fight he's been in.

But it was approved.

And the same can be said about Snoke, Hux and Phasma. And two of these are dead now

He saw what he'd become and considered, for a split moment, to just end it there. Than he felt shame for the rest of his life. I don't think that's OOC. This is the same Luke that violently thrashed Vader and chopped down basically anyone in his path, without a second thought.

>Luke Skywalker
>Dead

Nigga can manifest himself as a force ghost anytime he wants and will likely be force ghost tutoring Rey in episode 9.

Ol sniktbub will be reborn in the MCU.

Snoke at least had some mystery to him that presented him as a bigger bad, but that went kaput. So now we have two bottom bitches as the villains. One who throws tantrums and is incompetent and another who gets pushed around.

>i never know anything about EU luke
He was willfully ignorant, too tolerant and too forgiving. Some of his students went bananas and further on he got kicked out of his own order.
And how can you say the flat "jedi needs die hurr durr" Luke is better?

Oh jeez, user I have bad news...

At least Logan died decently.

Old man Luke was based as fuck.

>Tfw every one of my Uncles at one point in their lives looked like Kyle Katarn

I'm sorry user, but your uncles are no longer canon.

>every one of my Uncles at one point in their lives looked like Kyle Katarn
>i look like porkins

You can't get those Disney dollars switched to real money you know

yeah, on a "git off my lawn" kind of way.
stop trying to sell it, even Hammil felt like he was kicked in the nuts.

What's wrong with Porkins?

No, they're not canon. They're Legends

“Jarjar is the key to all this.”

Yeah, approved doesn’t count for jack shit.

Logan and Blade Runner 2049 showed you could subvert and disappoint the audience while still making a good movie. TLJ just uses it as an excuse for shitty writing

He couldn't stay on target.

Actually he felt like a flawed and human character. Wiser but still making many mistakes as he did when he was younger. The short talk he had with Yoda as one of the best scenes in the film( every scene with Luke in it was great) then goes out like a boss after trolling his dumbfuck Nephew from halfway across the fucking universe.

>if I parrot out of context quotes, I can make anything you say invalid! harharhar

what does that even mean

What? If it is about the pic being from a book not written by Lucas, see

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

Oh shit, mods moved the thread

I really have a hard time buying Luke died. For all we know, he could've been projecting from an even more hidden, mysterious planet the whole time.

Logan's death, on the other hand, really hit me in the childhood.

It's so fucking shitty that they couldn't even give him a proper send off. You comparing both deaths really shows how badly put together The Last Jedi really was. They didn't need to make the movie about Luke's death, but they could at least give him a proper sacrifice instead of a convoluted twist.

>not making it green
Why give him Anakin's that was destroyed by that point?

How come the only defense you disney shills have against the new trilogy being poorly made is "BUT LE PRE-QUELS WERE ALSO BAD"?

Quit using this meme to defend how shitty he was handled and how the most important character ever in a movie’s death was him literally evaporating into air

LET THE PAST DIE
KILL IT IF YOU HAVE TO, YOU FAGGOT FANBOY

Because this movie was literally retarded, the only point of the plot was to expand the audience to people of color/women, sell toys, and provide shock value

The difference is, Luke was actually canon. We were lucky enough to see Jackman's portrayal but we're about to get the real deal in the next couple of years now that Marvel can actually do their own character justice. Jackman's about to be the new Toby Maguire. Not forgotten but obviously surpassed.

You might wanna check on your definition of a "flawed human character" and what makes them likable. People like the trope because they succeed despite the flaws, nu-luke is just a badly written loser of a character than is an insult is an insult what the first 3 movies built him up to be.

Because it meant Luke finally took Rey's offer of the lightsaber to come and help.

Him just being there (even if it's a projection) already shows that. Him having a lightsaber was pointless and dumb fan service.
>Luke is swinging a lightsaber around OMG
Would have been more humiliating to Ben if he didn't have a lightsaber at all.

white male "heroes" must die.

holy shit

Agreed, but if you're looking for bad examples, that airport scene is not one.

I always thought Logan's death was quite stupid, at least the way they handled it in the movie
>get's shot in the head with a regular bullet
>survives
>gets shot in the head with an adamantium bullet
>survives
>all sorts of other shit
>survives
>gets a tree branch through his stomach
>"yep, he's definitely dead. let's bury him"

why are kikes so shameless?

I think that he's talking about how the scenes look the same

The difference is he was old as shit in the last example and his regeneration wasn't even working anymore.

Weird how he survived the adamantium bullet but X-24 didn't

Wow. Luke coming back from the dead as a ghost to tutor Kathleen Kennedy's blank self-insert. Great. Very awesome.

Logan was a good movie though, and many of the bad guys were also mexican if I recall.

>OG Wolverine is back.
how so?

we don't need white heroes anymore

Well at least they're treating white people with respect and painting them as honorable

This was a Sup Forums thread but it got moved, I think he means comic Wolverine
He was "dead" for a while but has returned

>resistance would have been completely btfo if Luke hadn't shown up
Dammit, Luke.