youtube.com/watch?v=Ym-SjrRFsI0
m.imgur.com/46ttcBx?r
mobile.twitter.com/ianjq/status/840652782306709504
youtube.com/watch?v=YVdEfZ5l5ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it'll be fun

No it won't.

because everything chubby mcnigger touches turns to gold

spongebob 1-3 was so great because it had a setting (underwater) be in unrealistic scenarios that werre mainly caused by the protagonists overly wild imagination. OK KO has that exact same synopsis except its placed in a fighting genre world. I'm not saying this will be or even reach the heights of spongebob but it has a lot of influence that if applied correctly could be great.

>comparing SU 2.0 to SpongeBob
I think you need to go.

>Steven Universe
>Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
>Adventure Time
Yeah no...

OK KO is episodic though? There isn't any progression nor is there any gravity or weight on emotions

Hopefully it's only a 10 minute series, the shorts already shows have bad it could go if it went around 20 minutes

Nah, Ian said there will be an overarching plot, albeit wacky and in itself a parody

So basically RPG World through a SU filter.
Great.

Trust me there will be.
You can't call yourself a cartoon in current year without them.

Isn't everything 11 minutes now a days.

>Hopefully it's only a 10 minute series
Name ONE modern show on CN that is 20-24 minutes

Gumball

One of the animators for that show is a Gundam fan.
And that's good enough for me.

>one of the animators likes the same show I like
>this show is going to be 10/10
Right...

It's 11 minutes. There are only two specials that are 22 minutes.
Same for Uncle Grandpa, TTG, PPG16, WBB, Clarence, Ben 10 2017 and basically every other show currently airing.

Newtypes gotta stick together yo
He also worked on Motorcity

Not really.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_World_of_Gumball
>Running time: approximately 11 minutes
They only rerun episodes together for 22 minutes, 30 minutes with commercial time.

Because Ian was one of the better writers on SU, and the character designs are, while still definitely in the style of nuCN, distinctive and cool enough in their own right that I'd be interested in watching quirky action slice of life episodes about these characters.

Honestly 99% of the critique of this show is just "muh stephen jewniverse" and "muh calarts meme". It genuinely looks interesting, especially for 2017 Cartoon Network.

>Because Ian was one of the better writers on SU
Stopped reading right there.

No one ever seems to bring up Ian's real best cartoon: youtube.com/watch?v=Ym-SjrRFsI0

Storyboarders, fine. He did good SOL episodes that were comfy and well paced unlike the garbage we get in Season 4.

this is so stupid that it actually works.

Nope; his episode were just as garbage as the S4 episodes.
Are you really going to defend Together Breakfast and Cheeseburger Backpack.

Ian's SMFA episodes were good, SU turned to shit(ier) when he left, and he wasn't a writer when he was on adventure time (storyboard revisionist on season 2, storyboard supervisor from the start of season 4 to when rebecca left in 5.1)

Stop making this thread over and over again , you dumb nigger.
We get it, you want to shitpost like he big kids.
At least you finally changed the OP pic.

he was only a credited boarder on 3 episodes: Cheeseburger Backpack (with Rebecca), Cat Fingers (with Rebecca, Kat Morris, and Hilary Florido), and Together Breakfast (with Paul Villeco)

HE was involved in the story for every episode (good and bad) until Know Your Fusion (though Mr Greg and Too Short to Ride were the last episodes boarded before he left)

Cheeseburger Backpack is a lot shittier when you realize that Steven is supposed to be 15 and not 9, but Together Breakfast is probably one of the better S1A episodes. Early Steven Universe was a slog, but it was comfy and cute, and if Ian can make a show like that I'd be fine, even if it doesn't have muh LEEPEST DORE.

What particular SMFA episodes did he do?

>SU turned to shit(ier) when he left
SU was always shit; I'd even argue that the episodes are less shit now that he's gone.

Does anyone have the make a show impossible to talk about without it devolving into shitposting chart?

Secret Mountain Fart Awesome, 7002, and Labyrinth

>but Together Breakfast is probably one of the better S1A episodes.
Not even close.

What short/episode is that OP's screenshot from?

promo screenshot from the final show (which hasn't premiered yet)

The fact that he was on SMFA at all proves that he shouldn't have his own show.
SU Critical was right.

Thanks

Maybe people should make better shows.

by that logic Whatever Happened to Robot Jones should never have existed (as creator Greg Miller and co-developer Mike Stern were also boarders)

Robot Jones was before SMFA dumbass.

This is my first post of the day retard.

I didn't really think there was that much hype for it. It doesn't really look like there's much of it on here.

I'm not exactly hyped, but I am looking forward to watching it and seeing how it will be.

by that logic the Peabody and Sherman Show on netfix should never have existed (as showrunner David P Smith was a producer and story writer on SMFA)

>Motorcity
Is that supposed to impress me?
It's mostly agreed that Motorcity isn't all that good.

I love Dragon Ball

And you made the same thread in the past.
Somebody pointed it out to you before and now you changed the OP pic.
Stop trying to start shit.

You're alone there.

Exactly, they should be hyped for this.

>S4
>Better
>Than literally fucking anything

Considering what a steaming pile that show is, it really shouldn't exist.

m.imgur.com/46ttcBx?r
Ian's actual fucking words.
My god.

There's currently a three hundred (300) post thread up on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW that's almost entirely DBS wank

I don't see how any of that is wrong

mobile.twitter.com/ianjq/status/840652782306709504
Check out the tweet and Dana Terrance going apeshit.
These people are bad at taking criticism.
And yet they're allowed to make their own shows?

David P Smith also created this
youtube.com/watch?v=YVdEfZ5l5ac

Wow...it's shit.

Where is this a disproportionate reaction to criticism? What criticism is he reacting too? Are you schizophrenic? Have you completely lost your marbles, suffering at the hands of your own imagination?

Read the comments dumbass.

That looks like a lot of autism and I don't see him respond to a single one of those posts, so I don't think I will. Are you sure that you aren't just getting bootyblasted over nothing, Mr. Toaster?

There's no autism, just people who are upset that professional artists are being sloppy in their art.
One comment summed it up best.

>mobile.twitter.com/ianjq/status/840652782306709504
>these people are bad at taking criticism
>allowed to make their own shows

I'll take "Who is John K. for 100, Alex".

>Ian didn't respond to my deep felt and honest criticism personally waaaaaaagh
>I'm so butthurt I'm going to shitpost about him on my Andean Llama Shearing Newsgroup
Okay

That doesn't give them an excuse.
If he can't do that with SU, what makes you think he can do that with his own show.

I just want to point out that I haven't even read your stupid tweet so I don't even know what you're talking about.

Not my tweet but here it is.
>Translation: Wah! We are professional animators and artists and we can't draw consistent poses or anatomy!! Stop critiquing us!1"
Again, sums up Ian's attitude perfectly.

How is it that the SU Critical community has become more cancerous than the actual fanbase?

So your criticism here is that you think the tendency for Steven Universe to go offmodel is somehow Ian's fault when he had nothing to do with Steven Universe after Barn Mates?
The OK-K.O. shorts have used a couple of different animation STYLES, but tend to be consistent within the minisode itself.
tl;dr I don't see how you are misattributing Rebecca Sugar's inability to reign in her boarders (which isn't that big of an issue, my biggest beef with SU right now is with the writing) with Ian JQ
Autism

Because Ian JQ has been around since the 90s?

No he hasn't.

Mike's custom Mutt GM when?

He's 32 years old, he was born in the 80s. user is technically correct, the best kind of correct.

> I don't see how you are misattributing Rebecca Sugar's inability to reign in her boarders (which isn't that big of an issue, my biggest beef with SU right now is with the writing)
1. Fuck you for that quip about the writing being a bigger problem.
2. You people always hold up Ian as the real brains behind SU. Well now it's time for him to own to the show's mistakes.

because they were borne out of the SU fandom rather than people who never liked SU in the first place

No modern animator was born in the 80s.

He brought a different perspective to SU that it lacks now, and his passion for horror showed through in a few really great early episodes, like Cat Fingers, which was what got me hooked on SU in the first place.

>He brought a different perspective to SU that it lacks now
If you're talking about the LOLRandumb aspects of SU, then good riddance to that "perspective".

According to Google via Wikipedia:
Ian Jones-Quartey
Writer
Ian Jones-Quartey is an American writer, storyboard artist, animator and voice actor. He is best known for his webcomic RPG World and his work on Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Bravest Warriors. Wikipedia
Born: June 18, 1984 (age 32 years), Columbia, MD

>his passion for horror showed through in a few really great early episodes, like Cat Fingers
>Cat Fingers
>great
That "horror" was too soft core for anyone over the age of 3 and was gnenerally out of place. Ian really likes to stick things that don't belong.

That's just your opinion, man.

>August 2000

Whoops.
Well, nearly then.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia.

>Those faces
>That art
Is this why Ian defends off model?
Because he's genuinely an incompetent artist?

That was literally him in highschool. He was 16.

Your point being?

>literally
Why do people keep trying to make this happen?

It's literally already happened, fuckboy

I haven't even heard of it

You should watch the shorts, they're available on Youtube

The west is so desperate for content they'll hype anything coming out, seriously.

>he wasn't a writer when he was on adventure time
fag said everything he touches

Amazing how you'd usually used to have to meet your animation heroes in person to realize they're really pieces of shit, now social media allows them to showcase that to you from across the globe! See also: Alex Hirsch, Dan Harmon, etc.

His Dad also worked at Nintendo.
Impressed now, fag?

>something like this airs on Disney
Gets ignored.
>something like this airs on Nickelodeon
Gets ignored or used as a sign that "Nick is dead".
>something like this airs on CN
Gets daily general threads, if you dare say it's crap then it's because you're a racist Krumpf supporter

You're the only one bringing up pancakes

>Gets daily general threads
Because most people realize CN is cartoon's last hope, and with that- people are going to be discussing it's future. This series gets more threads about it because everyone doesn't bother with the summer camp shit because it's just bad. This has backings that are discussed and fan hype, which is either the thread reason or the thread reason is "why" like this

Loud House is killing it at the ratings and there's no plot.

People are sleeping on summer camp island, I think it's going to be good.