Would there be a way of un-gaying Bobby without having to deal with the massive backlash from normies, the media...

Would there be a way of un-gaying Bobby without having to deal with the massive backlash from normies, the media, and basically everyone who doesn't read comics?

nah, Bendis knew what he was doing, it's unretconable.

Seriously you couldn't even begin to touch this shit without being demonized, maybe if they hadn't established old Bobby as gay too there'd be some way out there, but they closed that door too.

Who cares?

they are going to do it eventually, no need to rush it

Have it be that Jean really did do it and make the message about how fucking with people like that is bad.

Tie it in with the idea of conversation therapy trying to force gay people straight or something.

It'll fuck up Jean but it could be an interesting character arc.

Our best hope is a another retcon to "busexual" and then a long standing girlfriend until he's functionally straight and hopefully society stops making a huge deal about shoving dags into everything.

Wasn't Miles gay too at some point?

Just make him bi after giving him a run with a female character that he has great chemistry with and eventual starts to fall for, catching him and everyone else off guard. Focus mainly on his M/F relationships and gradually wean him off of men, eventually making his bisexual/gay label a minor footnote of the character as a whole.

Yes. The O5 are from an alternate universe, what happens to them doesn't effect the prime versions.
Then just have 616 Bobby slide into Bisexuality, and never bring up the gay phase again.

make him bisexual, like they should have fucking done in the first place

that way he can like dude AND it doesn't invalidate any previous writing AND it's less of a stupid hackjob

Don't forget the people who read the old Defenders comics, the Stan Lee era X-Men, Stan Lee himself - who is fully aware of this and hasn't stopped or complained about it, everyone who got the joke when they did those "self-hating mutant in denial" stories, Jim Lee - who also wrote hints about Bobby being gay, Chris Claremont - who might take offense when you say an X-Men character can't secretly be gay, that one episode of "Family Guy" that wouldn't make sense if the underpinnings of that cut-away joke were retconned, and anyone who's a persecuted minority who is constantly told that they're not welcome in the public eye - not even in the media specifically made to embrace the concept of tolerance and acceptance...

And I'm sure there's others who would mind too. Like the "normies" who read comics and don't like Sup Forums agendas being pushed that censor those comics so that everything will be politically correct and inoffensive to the sensitive and emotionally fragile people who can't handle difference in a comic about differences.

Bobby was never gay. Jean was using her mind powers to fuck with him because she's a bitch.

Normies don't know any of the X Men except Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops. They probably don't even know about all this, much less care.

>that one episode of "Family Guy"
Confirmation bias

That must be true, Sup Forums shitposters were taking deep offense about how Marvel and Bendis were making Peter Parker a gay black kid for months on end.
It's not as if Sup Forums shitposters are casuals who don't know what they're talking about ...

Pray it away.

wait for the next secrets wars to retcon half the shit

He could be castrated by a villain. Then he'll just be a null. Neither straight or gay.

It should have been easy. They just established that the O5 from the past are AU characters. But sadly, Marvel is going to screw everything up by giving him a solo written by a flaming gay SJW who's series will be all about his newfound gayness. Just grotesque.

There it is.

Are you serious?
You fuckwits pretend that there's no such thing as being "in the closet" and that somehow a guy going out of his way to make all his dysfunctional relationships work means that there's no problem with him...
YET...
Here's a post full of examples of why this has been obvious for decades and you grasp desperately onto one solitary point that doesn't confirm anything beyond the obviousness that people have noticed this...
And THAT'S what you think disqualifies every other argument you've willfully ignored.

That's not an example of "confirmation bias", that's an example of YOU grasping at straws.
You have no argument beyond a circlejerk of bigots who want to hear "it's j-j-just n-n-not t-t-true" soo very much that they will believe anything.

shut up Jean!

It should be HydraCap who does it. And they should show all the blood and gore in as much detail as possible.
(I really believe this)

>bigots

fuck off tumblr

>un-gaying

Why would you want to do that?

Bobby being gay makes as much sense as America Chavez coming out as straight 40 years down the road.

Hi. Gay here. Shut the fuck up and stop trying to pretend you're progressive when you're really just a shitty person.

So then why did they have to use a psychic known for fucking with people's brains to fuck with an alternate version's brain to magically make him gay?

If all these examples and hints that he was in the closet were there, why didn't they write it naturally?
Why didn't people notice or care until it magically happened?

Make him bi?

Don't pull your bullshit identity Sup Forumsitics with me,
You have no idea who or what I am and you think you can gayshame me into allowing this bald-faced false premise to go unchallenged?
This is a call for censorship expressly in order to continue a culture of alienation and exclusion against homosexuality.
Internalize your homophobia somewhere else, this board is about respect for comics and their stories.

The only thing more untouchable than "muh closet" in modern liberal culture is "muh bisexual erasure". So that.

I can't tell if this is advanced shitposting or if you just got lost on your way to tumbl

The scene was Bobby being in the closet and Jean telling him that she knew that he was in the closet.
That's called being outed.
The X-Men comics are about themes of persecution and living with intolerance, a big part of that stuff is hiding who you are.
They would be remiss if they omitted that this kind of unlived identity occurs in a bigoted society.
But nevertheless, you are welcome to explain how such a scene of Bobby being outed could have been written more
>"naturally"

Have teen Jean admit she mind raped him into becoming her new gay friend. Let the shit storm settle a bit, giving red herrings that he is fine with not reversing it because it is too dangerous before having Emma Frost reverse it.

>this board is about respect for comics and their stories

My guess is that it's the former. Though only someone from tumblr would make the mistake of thinking Sup Forums actually reads comics.

>normies, the media, and basically everyone who doesn't read comics
Why would anyone care about the impotent rage of these fucks?

Not him, but maybe by not having a telepath dig through his brain and then confront him about his own private thoughts? The whole scene reads like a brainwashing, it's honestly pretty sinister.

No, so go full bore.

Have Iceman bend thermodynamics enough to cause a dissonance in time-space and send a frozen dick-spear hurtling through Jean's crotch

Because bad PR does have an effect on how companies do business. I mean just look at how Marvel had to double down on saying they supported diversity after that one sales guy said that they blamed diversity for the bad sales

Is this supposed to shame someone?
We're all posting on a board devoted to cartoons and comics, Tumbler is probably a step up.

By not having a psychic known for fucking with people's brains dig through his brain and suddenly announce he's gay out of nowhere.

Only by making him something even more deviant. I.e. in 10 years when the gay thing is old and gay males are considered privileged and part of the cis patriarchal power structure, they could make him something still not fully accepted like a zoosexual or pedosexual.

>Tumbler is probably a step up.
then you should go back there and fuck off

Bobby's "coming out" story was a lazily written piece of diversity pandering garbage that damages the character of everyone involved. I can say this here, and we can discuss it, but on tumblr, I'd be crucified for even hinting that I dislike something gay.

Just have him fall in love with another female xmen and then have someone question him about it and he can just say love is love and to him it isn't define or limited by gender yardda yadda yadda mutants. No one would bitch about it and marvel would probably even get some praise for it. It's not hard, marvel would probably find a way to fuck it up, but it's not hard.

That already happened in an early issue of Uncanny during the Jim Lee years.
It was a Russian telepath that was holding kid-Illyana hostage and the whole Gold team minus Xavier got their asses kicked.
He didn't out Bobby outright, he just confronted him about it.
Technically, minus the hostility, it was the exact same thing Jean did.

>having Emma Frost reverse it
only if it is in the old fashion way

Like Rogue or Kitty Pryde? Or one of those short-lived 'ships with Polaris when Havok is right there, ready to take her away again?
He's been in "loving" relationships without touching before.
Many times.
That was part of the problem.

And she shouts NYARRRRGH from the pain

Time travel

>massive backlash from normies who dont read comics
Is forcing people to be gay the normie thing now?

Is getting commoner, yes

isn't he though? adult Bobby I mean. or did he never actually have sex with any girl ever?

either way this is what they should do. just say that Jean was only picking up on him the times he was attracted to a guy and she based her entire opinion on that.

Abigail Brand is the "zoosexual"
Gambit is the "pedosexual"
Namor fucks fish-people
They also have villains that are a bit more obvious about it.
Ever heard of a character named "Nanny"?

Yeah, he had sex with women. That's what being in the closet means. Duh.
But that doesn't mean that he was happy doing it.
If you had to, you could preform sexually with someone you weren't attracted to.
Drunk frat-boys do it all the time.
That doesn't mean that's something they want to do again.

has he said he hated ever time he had sex with a woman or that he never was legitimately attracted to them?

Post the page

Having sex with an intelligent humanoid with fur is not exactly the same, there's still plenty of room to fall.

Before he was outed? No.
After he was outed? He said that he thought he could just change who he was if he tried hard enough. I guess the critique of his ex-girlfriends will happen in upcoming Iceman issues. But waitaminute... do you actually want more stories to focus on te gay???

Dude, be serious. It was twenty years ago, it's not like I was grabbing scans before the internet was invented. Go to a wiki and look up Illyana's post-Inferno appearances as a kid. They should mention what issue they did the story in in the footnotes, you can track down the issue's torrent yourself.

Rahne Sinclair did it in beast-form with a werewolf. That count?

>Guys, this page that supports my argument totally exists. I don't have it and can't be assed to find it, but it totally exists guys! Seriously!
You made the claim, burden of proof is on you to back it up.

Casual, here on Sup Forums there's no burden of proof to prove any single panel exists.
People expect the anons they're talking to to have also read comics. Or at the very least want to.
I'm not going on a personal mission for some loser who can't handle being told a fact he doesn't want to hear. Especially when I have every guarantee that showing you the entire comic in mint freaking condition wouldn't convince you that it exists.

So what you're saying is you have no proof this page exists, even though it's crux of your entire argument, and can't event point out what issue it happens in.
Then when this is pointed out, you call the other person a casual and claim they don't read comics, even though it's a failure on your part that you don't have the page and can't cite the issue that this event supposedly happened in.

>Especially when I have every guarantee that showing you the entire comic in mint freaking condition wouldn't convince you that it exists.
Do it. Show me the entire comic in mint condition. While you're taking screenshots of it, take one of the page that supposedly backs your claim.

>do you actually want more stories to focus on te gay???
no. I'd like them to retcon that crap and making him Bi is the only way to do it without creating a massive shitstorm. I'm grasping at as many straws as possible in order to support that possibility.

It was actually a Bobbybot that was gay, not the real one.

Have him be the X-Men verison of Captain Jack Harkness. It'd kinda fit Bobby's character already.

Thank you not backing down.

It was really one of his Ice Clones.

After him nearly killing everyone using the death seed he left the x-men an ice clone and went back to accounting . The ice clone was the gay one.No one noticed the difference cause no one really gives a shit about Bobby in the marvel universe.

Get ready for next summer's big marvel event: Edge of Bobbyverse!
Which Bobby is gay?
Are they all ice clones?
Find out then!

What was said was "you don't deserve to be humored"

And you don't.
For real, given all the other times in one of these threads someone has proven their claims of past gayness, what possible reason do you have to think something was made up to toss on the top of the pile ... and then a roadmap was even drawn so you can see for your damned self?
But you're afraid to. You don't believe you'll be right.
Honestly, it's a pretty specific claim: Gold team in Russia battling a telepath over young de-aged Illyana during the Jim Lee years and Iceman is taunted by the baddie.
Do you think that specific criteria was just made up on the fly in the vague hopes that something somewhere would match exactly that?
I'll do you one better: The scene involves the imagery of Bobby being melted. AND the guy also commented on Gambit's ever-mentioned secret betrayal. AND Psylocke being taunted about her identity crisis.
Still don't think that exact scene could really-really exist?

It's funny, you turn your nose up and call someone else a loser for "not reading comics." but then continue to give excuses about why you don't have the page and can't tell me the exact issue.

Sure, I think that scene could possibly exist, that's why I want you to post it. You're the one using it as the crux of an arguement, you're the one who keeps claiming it exists. You also said you'd post pictures of the actual issue in mint condition for me.

So I'm waiting for that. Give me the issue number, give me the page, prove it actually exists.
Otherwise you're just blowing hot air out of your ass.

You would have to DISEMBOWEL O5 Jean Grey.

People in this thread talk about the shitstorm from her manipulating Bobby "blowing over." There's no way it blows over. This would be Jean manipulating someone on a very fundamental level. Moreover, she does so in a way that COULD be construed as supporting the idea that it's a "choice" to be gay.

That's a tactical nuke for a character. There's no going back from that. That's monstrous and inhumane on a really deep level.

If it's revealed that Jean made Bobby gay, that's when Jean goes full villain. Or full outcast. The point is you'd have to hurl her out of the ranks of Marvel's heroes. She'd be a tyrant. She'd be an ugly person, way too ugly to redeem.

But Benis already made her an ugly person, way too ugly to redeem.

So might as well nuke her, she's not the real Jean anyway.

The excuse is the same as first stated. Read again. Read closer.

You will just deny that it exists, claim it's a shoop or something, and then quickly change the subject.
This isn't my first rodeo. You assclowns have been ruining my X-threads for years now.

So why should I give the whiny baby a storytime?
This is you guys' problem: you talk a big game about how manly values this and how you have this basic level of machismo that, but when it comes down to it you never act like an actual man.
This "I won because you won't do as I tell you" is kindergarten-level.
Iceman's still gay, I'm still taunting your lack of masculinity, and you will never read the comics.
Why? Because this is Sup Forums, I am of Sup Forums, and you are clearly of Sup Forums, only a casual at best.

Or they could just laugh it off. It was just a prank, bro!

Can you kill yourself? Your interaction with this guy asking for the scan has to be one of the cuntiest things I've ever seen on this site

not if it was a mistake by a young, naive and inexperience teenager who misinterpreted what she saw in Bobby's mind and accidentally influenced his mind with the powers she wasn't exactly a master of.

Holy shit, this has to be shitposting
>you guys have been ruining MY X-threads
Jump into a volcano please

How can I read the comic if you won't tell me the issue or post the page?

All you've been doing is making excuses as to why you can't or won't post it. I've asked for the exact issue number multiple times, I've asked for the page multiple times.
Each and every time you've made up some excuse and insulted me, and then went on about how you were right and this thing that totally exists and validates you 100% is real, but you can't post it.
And it's hilarious you claim to be of Sup Forums and call me a casual when you can't even back up your claims, you can't even post an issue number.

You're not of Sup Forums, you're not even a fucking casual. You're a tumblrfag trying to talk big without having read anything and then think you can bluff and posture your way around Sup Forums without being called out on it.

Go back to fucking tumblr and get off my fucking board until you've actually read a comic and can back up your bullshit claims.

JUST TODAY I was thinking about the whole crazy proto-feminist backlash from the piss-poor attempt to salvage Scott's happy ending Alaska retirement from The Phoenix Saga.
It all would have gone off without a hitch if Phoenix-Jean hadn't killed a planet full of broccoli-people. But she did, and editorial wouldn't allow even an accidental perpetrator of genocide to have a happy ending to their story. And so she had to die.
So they made Madelyne Pryor, and suddenly the first real empowered self-actualized cosmic-level female superhero ever was being made just another replaceable dime-a-dozen girl...
Even Cyclops fans hated how shallow it made him look.
It took a decade for them to finally get their act together and resolve what and who exactly happened.
I'm still expecting another lingering plot twist to show up...
Can you imagine how long it would take for them to fix another one of those pointless character assassinations?

Your question has already been answered. Is there a point to the rest of your post?

Yeah, tell me the issue tumblrfag so I can go see if it actually exists.

And all those past years of stories that suddenly make so much contextual sense now?
How do we "FIX" them?

Gender swapping is always confusing.

As always comics nerds vastly overestimate the importance of their medium and how widely consumed it actually is.
Nobody else but us even knows or CARES that he's gay. You're fucking lucky if they even know what superhero team Iceman is even ON, let alone his name; I've met like three different people that think he's the same guy on the Flash tv series and two thought he was an Avenger. The two that did know he was an X-Men were people who watched the Singer movies and STILL couldn't tell me his name.

>build a time machine
>go back to the past
>snap baby Bendis' neck

No, that's exactly what furry is. Intelligence is the difference between furry and bestiality. If I remember correctly.

You are truly cancerous.

Yeah, this thread is filled with people that haven't read a single X-men comic and just post for the sake of arguing about gay shit

Its still possible that the only
fag Bobby is the young one.

I hope they fix this degrading mess already

He's lying, there is no issue during the Jim Lee era. Look at his description:

>Honestly, it's a pretty specific claim: Gold team in Russia battling a telepath over young de-aged Illyana during the Jim Lee years and Iceman is taunted by the baddie.

Gold team was introduced in 1991. Illyana's last appearance in Uncanny was in 1988 before the Gold Team was around, and then her next appearance after 1988 was in 1993 when she got the Legacy Virus. He can't produce proof because he has none.

Stan Lee already spoke about this shit and made his point pretty clear when the Sony/Spider-Man contract leak happened about a million years ago
>I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way. But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.
>I think the world has a place for gay superheroes, certainly, but again, I don’t see any reason to change the sexual proclivities of a character once they’ve already been established.
>I have no problem with creating new, homosexual superheroes… it has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that.
>Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss.
>I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.

Oh, I knew he was blowing hot air out of his ass. I was just hoping he'd actually give an issue number so I could call him out on it.

Appreciate the specifics though, I'll remember that.

X-Men (vol. 2) issues 17 and 18
The psychic Russian was named Soul Skinner

On that terrible podcast Jay and miles. They interviewed the writer for the Ice Man solo. Which is about old Bobby. He absolutely confirmed each issue is going to feature a different girlfriend talking about their relationships with him. It's 100%going to be Bobby is gay, the miniseries.

Dude, you're taking a quote opinion about changing an established canon as evidence that Iceman wasn't in the closet and you've been told countless times already that Iceman was flaming from the start, when Stan wrote him, you've had what it means to be in the closet explained to you, and you've seen pics in the previous threads of Iceman acting gay throughout his history, so how does that quote conflict with anything?
ALSO, one of your other comrades in this constant gaybashing endeavor has previously posted that Stan Lee expressed bewilderment that ANY superhero EVER had sex, and so your comrade claimed that meant that Stan never wrote any character as gay ... because he must have never wrote any character as sexually attracted to anyone.
Seems like these quotes contradict each other,
but that doesn't matter because I've learned from this Sup Forums cancer that all I have to do to undermine and invalidate you is to claim that you are lying and have made this entire "quote" up.
And you did too. I know that, because you can't prove it wasn't faked. Can you?

I'd honestly like to see them just do it without calling any attention to it. He just starts dating and sleeping with women one day.

I think there's actually a fair chance no one will complain because you'd have to actually read the books to notice.

>Comrade
Go back to tumblr, commie.

>all I have to do to undermine and invalidate you is to claim that you are lying and have made this entire "quote" up.
It's funny, you claim this, then turn around and claim a quote that someone else made without proof as proof.
How do you know that quote wasn't made up? Can you prove it wasn't fake? Can you prove the quote you're claiming as fake is fake? After all, burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

Make it so that Teen Jean mindfucked Bibby into thinking he was gay. Make the story about how sexuality isn't a choice and that conversion therapy doesn't work. That why you still have pro-gay messages to balance out turning Bibby straight again.

Irony is fun.