There are people on this board right now who don't consider The Great Mouse Detective a Disney Classic

>there are people on this board right now who don't consider The Great Mouse Detective a Disney Classic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5aHRwIlXzDk?t=172
youtube.com/watch?v=EAet5fsSYbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all i remember is the loud opening kidnapping scene scaring me as a kid

I know what stuck with me when I first watched it as a kid.

What was Ratigan a professor of exactly?

Ratematics.

best villain

It's so classic that disney is not going to remember it as an idea for a live action adaptation which is good

what's her name?

"classic" is a dumb word

the movie's okay I guess

Squeaks McIrish

mini

youtu.be/5aHRwIlXzDk?t=172

Excellent

You're not alone mate, remember seeing that scene on VHS, something awoke in me.

cuz It wa stolen from britsh light novel

>stolen

The only reason I dislike Lion King is the fact that triggered weeb fucks cannot get over the fact that it reminds them of an obscure animu that no one has heard of or gives a single fuck about each and every time Disney is even mentioned online.

Proof that just because you did it first, doesn't mean you did it best.

is a superior waifu than

get real, pedo.

>mice
>pedophilia

the mouse that is clearly a child compared to the mouse that is clearly an adult woman

Meh, didn't interest me as a kid, and still doesn't.

>adult
she's only 14 in mice years you sick fuck

>the movie's okay I guess
Fucking Philistine.

Leave the stretching to Plastic Man.

Cat movie >>>> Mice movie >>>> shit >>>>>Dogs

I remember watching Kimba when I was a wee lad, but Lion King left a bigger impact and the only thing I can remember of Kimba is the MC finding his dad's fur.

>Cat Movie
I did enjoy this one, shame the marketing was shit
>Mice Movie
A nice story with the one of the best villains
>Dog Movie
Are we talking about All Dogs go to Heaven or Oliver and Company? Because both were alright in my opinion.

pussies > *

Nor only is she a fucking mouse, she's fiction.

Therattricks

Cats don't dance in successful movies.

Canon Death.

What could Ratigan possibly seek to gain from drowning widows and orphans?

satisfaction

I remember seeing the ad for this on my VHS tapes
youtube.com/watch?v=EAet5fsSYbc
It was always so fun never skipped past it didn't get a chance to watch until it appeared on cartoon network

their property

It's still the best 80's Disney movie. Discounting The Little Mermaid since it was '89 and is considered part of the renaissance anyway.

Oliver and Company was better.

I've never seen it so I can't judge but it looks like a hot mess.
>Adaption of Oliver Twist
>But with talking animals in New York
>Billy Joel and Better Middler
>Villain is a lone shark
>Pop songs

>Never seen it
> Judges it anyway
Why are people so fucking dumb?

At least he was too drunk to know what was going on before having his flesh torn asunder by razor-sharp fangs.

You think Ratigan would have survived? I mean he's just a rat. Unless rats at terminal velocity just splat.

I liked to think he survived the fall, and celebrated it, only to get run over by a carriage or stepped on by a cockney bum.

>you will never be as passive aggressive as Peter

Assuming he has the same education as Moriarty in the Sherlock Holmes stories, he's a professor of mathematics.

I think the real thing to take from here is that you're both into beastiality.

Deviants the both of you.

It's actually surprisingly dark, and has some pretty violent (for Disney at least) scenes towards the end.

>being this bigoted

Love it when this movie gets a thread.

Miss Kitty was originally meant to be Madonna, interestingly enough.

The funny thing is I can see these as titles for bootleg South American films.

I had fun figuring out which movies he meant.

Who was the Evil Bonehead?

I actually really like this memo.

I like how Aristocats speaks for itself.

> "The Aristocats" just loses the "The"

I don't know why that one made me laugh the most

The Black Cauldron. I think I prefer The Evil Bonehead though.

The Black Cauldron

For the longest time I assumed this came out around the 60's or at least the 70's. Turns out it came out a few years before Oliver and Company, which I found surprsing

>britsh light novel
wat

The Black Cauldron?

I like how he couldn't come up with anything for Aristocats. "The Greedy Butler who tries to rob cats of their inheritance" would have worked.

> Walt Disney Animation Studios' 1986 film The Great Mouse Detective, co-directed by John Musker and Ron Clements, paid homage to Cagliostro with the film's climactic Big Ben sequence

Probably one of the first movies I saw in a theater.

I made this connection after watching Castle of Cogliostro (years after TGMD), but didn't realize it was an intentional homage.

I think the implication was that "Aristocats" was already a pretty awful title.

Same here. Also for those who haven't seen it, great movie, and underrated Miyazaki.

That movie is overrated as fuck here on Sup Forums. It didn't succeed because NOTHING was good except for Darla, the flood and the chase. The main characters suck, both their designs and personality. Get over it.

The Great Mouse Detective pays homage to a Lupin III movie???

I saw it when I was a kid and recently too. It's okay, the trailers made it look better than it actually was (focused on the best scenes near the end). Georgette, Fagin and Bill Sykes were the best, everyone else is kinda forgettable or annoying. The intro song is pretty great, though.

Nope.

When I was little, I thought she was Miss Kitty without make-up.

Art of her in a variant of Miss Kitty's costume when?

Disney was actually pretty fond of Japanese productions so I guess his men were the same.

It's good Miyazaki but bad Lupin film

I could see that but then you gotta remember that Kitty has white fur. Unless she really cakes on the makeup.

It's not a bad Lupin film. It's kinda like an AU Lupin film.

left looks deviantart tier