Why is this guy popular?

He's the first hit on YouTube when you search for reviews. Regularly gets 1 Million+ views. I don't get it.

He REALLY lays it thick that his a nerd. Jesus christ. The background is full of "nerd" shit.

i was just watching his star wars review, got a few minutes in and dropped

doesnt have some stupid screeching voice or fake personality shit, but just as awkward.

lacks any charisma and feels like he's reading through a script and has to make sure he says what he loves and adds in half assed fake laughter/excitement.

just bland as fuck

it's because of how the video (and himself) looks. there's a certain aesthetic that makes some youtubers get very big for no reason whatsoever.

Yup

Faggot uses a blue background because it's a subliminal cue to make us trust him and his reviews. News stations do the same thing. Fuck this beta male piece of shit and his fuck ugly tattoos.

He's pleasant and likable, and he tends to actually like films. He isn't loud or inflammatory like others.

An absolute charisma vacuum.

This. You may not like him but he generally likes stuff and is positive about those things, where as a lot of other yt reviewers have an angry/annoyed/cynical gimmick. He's a "nerd" who reviews nerd stuff and the people who like him and watch him are the people who have the same taste as him and know where he stands.

Welcome to Youtube dude

But he doesn't seem to know anything about film

the non spoiler review he gave for force awakens is fucking insufferable. in every one of his interviews he HAS to let the audience know how he was the first fan, how he has always been a fan, and that he is a bigger fan than you. when he talks about carrie fishers death in it i almost threw my fucking laptop. he is exactly what is wrong with consumers these days, he is just a big fucking baby.

V E R Y C O O L

What are some better film reviewers? He seems like a decent lad

He's happy and that's all that matters.

TELL

Just like all the other critics.

why is angry joe popular? he copied AVGN's format but his iq is like 60

>i almost threw my fucking laptop
No you didn't.

Since when did it become ''cool'' to be a nerd?

around 2007

the thing that makes me laugh is that he and his wife are lifelong """""""""""nerds""""""""""" and yet he's a huge, proudly obsessed star wars fan and she's a huge, proudly obsessed harry potter fan. to me that would be the equivalent of a music reviewer saying
>my favourite singer is beyonce
or
>my favourite rapper is drake

Since corporations knew they could exploit and make money off gullible shits who have no personality outside of what entertainment they consume

at the very fucking least atleast pablo criticizes shit, this guy is too much of money hungry shill to do even that, hence why Youtube shills his videos to the top of the algorithm

I don't get it either. Maybe it's the bell curve in action. The most bland, middle of the road, regular joe normie gets most of the youtube hits.

I don't consider youtube reviewers critics.