Why didn't he just become a firefighter or some shit

why didn't he just become a firefighter or some shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d73WtJlko9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that job was probably the last place you'd expect to find a super in hiding, being a fire fighter would probably make his super strength a bit obvious on more than one occasion

Not low-key enough.

nigga it was part of the hero relocation program
they gave him a job purposefully that would keep him out of the view

Why didn't he become an Olympic weightlifting champion?
Why didn't he become a cop?
Why he didn't become A NFL player?
why didn't he become a human cannonball?

Fucking normies need to get red pilled.

Too easy to display too much power. In a job like firefighting, its too tempting for him to just lift a two ton gurter off someone to save their lives instead of doing it like a man with normal strength would.

so.. ar those superheroes Mutants or Inhumans?

More to the point, it would put him in a situation where he'd feel compelled to be a hero. It's like hiring a recovering addict to sort opioid based pills.

I never got why superheroism had to be a secret. I get that they had secret identities but it seems like they want people to forget that powers ever existed (and it seems they were successful) and I never got how and why when they were so popular for a time.

>Why didn't he become an Olympic weightlifting champion?
Definitely not allowed.
>Why didn't he become a cop?
Recipe for disaster
>Why he didn't become A NFL player?
Not allowed and he would probably kill someone
>Why didn't he become a human cannonball?
What?

They had Doctor Manhattan, they needed no other supers.

Plot. it was for sake of plot.

>Why didn't he become a human cannonball?
>What?
It's a circus thing.

Which hero was Doctor Manhattan?
Laying low was the plot but they didn't have to make it so that powers were a secret. It seems impossible that that would happen.

No one forgot it was just irrelevant. And it seems like it was pretty rare in the first place.

>Which hero was Doctor Manhattan?
The big blue naked one they couldn't show due to the censors.

The gov't wanted people to forget about supers so that the lawsuits would go away because the supers worked for them so they were the ones who had to pay out.

Are we talking about the same movie? Cause I've seen and read Watchmen and I'm pretty sure it's not The Incredibles.

I doubt he wanted to be a circus freak. He wanted to be a hero.

For real though. He hospitalized a guy with little provocation. Could have easily killed him. And the provocation was that he was getting dressed down for being terrible at his job, not exactly uncalled-for.

The people who pushed for the removal of supers were pretty justified if you think about it. Loose cannons who go around hospitalizing people over nothing shouldn't be protected by the law.

I really hope Incredibles 2 will be good. Pixar is really going to shit lately and I hope they can find the spark they had when they made the original.

Haven't you heard? Doctor Manhattan is everywhere!

If heroes were banned then who was out there fighting villains?

>not wanting to be the hero to every kid who sees you stick your head in a lion's mouth or juggle sexy ladies or stick your head in a lion's mouth while juggling sexy ladies as you're all fired from a cannon

You sicken me.

Well they were vigilantes. It's not exactly no reason, they were going after criminals and supervillains. The problem came up when they save people who don't want to save and put them in a position to sue them for big money. That doesn't really have to do with people having abilities. Aside from the monetary losses of getting sued the heroes were probably doing more good than harm. I don't think the movie touched on any other reasons that the heroes would be disliked.
Also I just realized a plot hole. They didn't talk about what happened to the super villains after the heroes went away. The villains wouldn't go away too. Did the government find a way to counter them and keep them under wraps? Maybe something to talk about in the sequel.

Seal Team Six? No jail, just the justice of bullets. MURDER bullets. TO THE FACE!

Villains all retired as well. If there's no superhero to stop your super-crime as a supervillain, whats the point?

So will the sequel be set in the 80's?

Money? Power? Women? 40 cakes?

It's just implied that the supers neutered the villain threat sufficiently that heroes weren't needed to battle them anymore. That's just the only way the narrative makes sense. If heroes were still needed then the lawsuit business couldn't've occurred.

Syndrome didn't stop so why would others? I get that it doesn't really matter to the movie but it's just stuff they didn't think about or didn't think about and left out on purpose. It's just one movie.

Over time supers would be more and more common. Powers are hereditary in this universe and supers coupling with other supers and having kids or coupling with regulars and having kids would lead to a big population of supers down the road. Maybe not in the timeframe of the movie since it seems like the Pars were in the first generation of supers, or the first to use their powers publicly, but in Three or four generations there'd be a lot.

Bird doing the whole thing again is very promising.

Government agencies I would assume.
All (or a very large percentage) of the villains in The Incredibles universe were gadget based. No powers. Because the government scooped up anyone and everyone with powers and had them be "heroes," looking at you Gamma Jack,
so they could in order to keep an eye on them.

They had a hero that could control his atomic structure and was essentially indestructible. He supposedly died or phased himself away from Earth.

Children of supers with supers didn't necessarily have powers, supers didn't necessarily only marry supers, children of supers and normals were probably less likely to have powers, supers tended to die to cape-related mishaps anyway. This can be explained in a bunch of ways.

It easily can be inferred that they were all killed. They got a powerful hero with the balls to do it and gave them the resources to do it efficiently. Probably converted a lot of them to government employees too.

Becoming the king of all evil? Exploiting the innocent? Making those girls who rejected you in high school sorry?

He didn't die.

>Max intelligence

>Max power type

get ready

>yfw the incredibles is in the same universe as BnHa

People forget that Mr. Incredible was unique in NOT killing villains. Other A list heroes like Gamma Jack just outright obliterated people's DNA with megadoses of high intensity radiation. The hero that could make his density that of a black hole probably infinite mass punched a few people.

Offspring of supers and nonsupers probably had around a 50/50 chance of having powers. It could be though that you need two supers to create more supers so that would keep the population sufficiently small. Until they came out in public and made names for themselves.

Jesus fuck, I'm remembering back to that chart Sup Forums made of the different supers. There's some crazy powers in there. This universe has so much potential.

Or Worm.

Wouldnt an infinite mass punch make a vacuum so strong that it would become a black hole?

Either
in this world revolving door Prisons are less common or the villains get killed.

That or the Government didn't fucking play. Superheroes could effectively answer the villain's threats with a modicum of finesse/tact as to not destroy them because they were superpowerful. But when you're dealing with a bunch of normal people their only response is lethal.
In the old days you have your super mech stomping down the street, so Mr. Incredible fist fights it and then pulls you out by the scruff of your neck with a few bruises.
Now you pull that shit and a police sniper shoots you through the cockpit.

This is definitely the easiest to do, but it just seems like the opposite of Syndrome, in a way that's too similar if that makes sense. Too, POTTERY for me I guess
>Syndrome wants to make a world devoid of capes by making everyone cape tier, and make himself the only actual "hero" in the process
>Gamma Jack wants to make the world devoid of humans and only capes, because humans are inferior.

>baby jack jack is named after Gamma Jack

I just realized this

Would probably be too Magneto. We already have enough of that type of thing. Incredibles will want to do something not well tread.

There was originally a plot point that supers fucking supers was seen as a big no no by the government. They dropped it, but there's still a little bit of it in the movie when Syndrome has them all in his zero point energy beam and he's shocked that Mr. Incredible hooked up with Elastigirl.

Fucking badass

Why does this imag exist.? It's udmb. Fuck I' shouldnt have dranked

It's implied Gamma Jack probably had a few kids if he didn't irradiate women's wombs before fucking them. He's on records as hating when he has to kill a hot villainess

Probably yeah. Now that I think about it supers did have a very high mortality rate and Syndrome added to that by killing a bunch as well. None of the supers were really all that powerful and could be killed easily by accidents. So that does explain how the population stayed down.

Just say "adrenaline" whenever you use your powers.

>doesn't know tails gets trolled
lel

>If Incredibles 2 gets delayed to 2019 this will be applicable.

made my night thanks you beautiful light crystal

>But I tell you once in a while I get these dames, man these dame villains and they got the curves and the hair and the big eyes and boy... Those are really hard to kill

>None of the supers were really all that powerful and could be killed easily by accidents.
It's been awhile but I think one of Mr. Incredible's powers that's listed on the DVD was "indestructibility". Elastigirl could take a beating too, although not nearly to the extent that Mr. Incredible could. Most heroes would not have fared half as well against a giant robot that was throwing 500+ pound boulders at them, or grabbing them from opposite ends and trying to rip them in half, which for most squishy supers it would have easily succeeded at.

I can see it now

Not Randian enough

I think most supers could be killed by a bullet or some sort of laser weapon if you need something fast. So any villains who came up could be dealt with somewhat easily. That was also probably incentive for heroes to not say fuck the government as well.

Mutants, seeing as how they're technically born with it and they don't need cocoons.

yep for sure the villain in the next movie.

Comes back after years of secluded,horrible, mundane mind-numbing office work and wants revenge on the world for forcing him out of retirement.

Wants to get rid of all the humans and make supers the true super-race!

This is probably the only family movie that actually took advantage of the "DVD extras not rated" thing.

He didn't have max intelligence. He was equal with Frozone. They're like two pips away from max

She could be a match for him in ability.

>Making those girls who rejected you in high school sorry?
He said villain, not hero.

just turn off your brain bro

Because of the merry hell that would come of a flaming roof crashing down on his head.

He'd survive, which is impossible, which would lead to people investigating and wham! cat's outta the bag.

What would the Incredibles universe been like if Syndrome actually got accepted as Incrediboy?
Possibly a scandal with his mother freaking out probably

>tfw Thunderhead's widowed boyfriend and 5 kids now raised by one parent

Syndrome literally started because the end of the superage

One of his weaknesses is the high density causing gravity to go haywire so he probably doesn't do it much.

Where the fuck are you nigger getting this info? I only watched the movie in theaters years ago.

Was this info released when the Vidya came out?

>implying it wouldn't be a Private Fire Prevention Squad
>implying you wouldn't have to pay top dollar for their services

>Firefighter with super-strength
>But you can't use your power
>Have to just stand there and let someone die under a pile of rubble, since you can't rescue them without exposing your family to the public/gov't/villains

Stop typing like a retard. It's all info on the bonus DVD.

Oh.

Well I guess I'll pick it up.

>Bob wants to be assigned an identity where he can do some good
>Can't be a cop, fireman, or anything that involves physically saving people
>Doesn't have the degrees/training to be a doctor or EMT
>The best they could do is make him an insurance salesman
>The most security he could offer people is a flimsy policy that his higher-ups would immediately try to skimp out on
Goddamn this movie is brilliant in the way it establishes contrast.

They'd be pretty sorry when you're killing, honestly.

Isn't it weird that there are resources for information other than the source material? Like, whoa, man.

I like to think that the villains all retired since they understood that the police/government wouldn't pull their punches the way supers might have.

>Cops leave villains to superheroes
>Superheroes always bring them in alive when they can help it
>As a result, lots of escapes and jailbreaks and collateral damage
>Government puts their foot down, outlaws superheroes
>As a result, cops and military now get called in to deal with supervillains
>Guys like Bomb Voyage are treated like legit terrorists, just get taken out if they refuse to surrender
>Everyone collectively says "fuck that" and retires to Florida/their volcano lair now that there's no "game" to it anymore

He was told off and told to ignore a guy getting mugged. And he hated his boss.

>According to his NSA file, he was formerly known as "Handsome Jack"; he's a favorite among the ladies, a picky eater, tends to have "tyrannical/megalomaniac tendencies"; NSA recommended close monitoring
Holy shit, that'd be pretty cool.

Source?
The idea of hidden dark Incredibles lore sounds fucking baller

youtube.com/watch?v=d73WtJlko9E

Imagine in real life if you hated your boss and he threatened to fire you. Would you then pick your boss up by the throat and throw him through four walls?

Not a proportionate response.

>Low self esteem
>Whenever possible - keep busy
Holy shit, are they implying he might an hero?

Oh thats a clever way to do it
>infinite mass punch
>reduce mass so your arm doesnt fly off
>infinite mass so blackhole doesnt suck everything into eternity
>enemy is torn to peices between two black holes
>uncontrollable gravity nexus until the black hole stops forming

If you had the ability to and he stopped you from preventing a mugging then most people probably would.

>Try to help someone who's being mugged
>Boss screams at you to not help or else you're fired
>Turns smug as he realizes he's got power over you
>Guy who was getting mugged is now lying in an alleyway, not moving
>When you mention the crook got away, your boss literally says "good"
>A man might be dead and your boss is still smugly gloating about how he's your boss
I'd say that warrants an emotional outburst, I could totally see a normal person decking someone over something that shitty.
Scale that up to a superhero level and going through a few walls seems about right.

Not saying it's justified, but it's certainly understandable.

It says right there that the density only goes to NEAR black hole.

No dude he hates his normy life they gave him, and if he cant be a hero he can only be a villain. Like imagine the years of resent that hes got building up working at a job he hates when he could rip the earth apart.

As far as we know, nobody has an "origin story" and everyone is just born with powers.

>Superhero where the only thing keeping him on the right side of the law is the fact that being a hero gives him a sense of purpose
>The same as an addict who only stays on the wagon because he volunteers at a hospital and it gives him a sense of purpose
>If they lost that purpose they'd just go off the deep end
There's so much fucking potential in the Incredibles universe. I'd honestly love an expanded universe by way of comics or novels or something.

Now him teamed up with Gamma Jack I would like.