Why doesn't Sup Forums make OC comics like we used to?

Why doesn't Sup Forums make OC comics like we used to?

People don't like OC. They just want to post frogs and parrot memes they see on social media.

It's because most of the old drawfags got an ego and fucked off to the different corners of the web to form their own communities/hugboxes, and the most prominent OC creators on the internet these days are all over on tumblr where Sup Forums is icky and you're problematic if you openly make content for us.

>Why doesn't Sup Forums make OC comics like we used to?
You're not looking hard enough for one and for another, I reckon they slightly fell out of fashion, like most things do.

Why don't you make some?
OP being a faggot, like always.

Too much effort, and people who do make actual decent OC are hounded until they make more non-stop or leave the site and get money from commissions instead.

Adventures of Christ chan is still ongoing

because most OC comics will go to normie sites like facebook

Can't make funny comics, everything's gotta be spergtastic original the characters and AUs

gud stuff

A lot of the original creative talent got older and outgrew this place. Factional drama drove a lot of other people off as well.

When it comes to this board at least, it seems like as soon /aco/ was created that a whole lot of the creative energy from this board moved over there for obvious reasons. That's something you can blame anyone for, just noting.

True but most people stop making OC comics because of Reddit and other meme factory sites that takes any OC from this site and make shitty edited comics.

This place has been taken over by a generation that couldn't dish out a drop of creativity to save their lives. Those that can are boo'd away, cause the tards want to look cool. I fucking miss thicc princess threads.

There's a part of me that's curious what would happen if Sup Forums put up 24 hours notice and then went down for good tomorrow. I can't help but wonder what kind of sites would grow in it's place, and whether they'd be better or worse than the shit we put up with now.

Well the reddit and tumblr fucks would just sink back into their holes. One would somehow claim victory and one would pretend they are nostalgic for it. For the fags that only has this, well there are other chans. But most likely they sulk to anywhere they can find refuge and wait for someone to buy and restart the domain.

RIP

We still do, it just depends on the board. /qst/ is a good place for comic OC.

People demand money for OC instead of doing it for free

Because Sup Forums isn't about fun anymore, it's about whining and politics.

There's still plenty drawfags in /notsveg/

it's not that i don't like making shitty comics in ms paint.

>something resembling a meme begins to bud
>people immediately start calling it reddit

Sup Forums's obsession with other websites kills its own potential

i can vouch for that, i made 2 successful quest comics on that board, but i feel like a dick for just leaving them in a cliff hanger or hiatus or whatever

>phone posters
>influx of Europeans to the site
>massive influx of newfag from the 2016 Elections

It's not just Sup Forums, every board on Sup Forums has stopped making OC.

Sup Forums needs to die

The culture has changed. Pics, projects and writing is relegated to generals or out right banned.

The only thing that is sort of left unscaved is fan art and even then with the rest of the trinity of OC ded it's not what it was.

This is true. The mods cracked down on OC a while back and generally ban you if you try to do something.

Sup Forums does not create content.