ITT: Villains who did nothing wrong

ITT: Villains who did nothing wrong.

Hard mode: no being edgy, they actually didn't do anything wrong.

Story told another way, he'd be a tragic hero.

I agree Kuvira was right.

The camps being racial didn't make any sense. Bolin was half fire nation and got in her inner circle. The inventor guy and Zhu Li were both water nation. Bolin also offered for Mako, a actual fire bender to join. The writers were just being dumb cunts.

Also Prince Wu was a fucking jackass. Even by the end of his arc. Also his plan to make all the individual states independent is what led to the rise of Kuvira in the first place. What a fucking moron.

Trying to keep the world safe while idiot heroes risk it all to save one life.

I don't know, there was plenty wrong with the giant robot plan

Literally abused the Church to try and rape a gyspy who didn't want to fuck him.

We never actually get to see any internment camps do we? I remember someone mentioning them but I can't remember anyone going to one.

All he did was take away peoples bending so they can be like non-benders.

If that is wrong, then the world has no rights.

Bolin ran into some people who had escaped a camp.

Hell, if things had played out the way he wanted, it would have ended happily for everyone involved... heroes included.

He just wanted his dog

>The camps being racial didn't make any sense.
The camps weren't racial they were bendericst.

Only non-benders and Earth benders got to live free. If you were a water/fire/air bender you get camped.

Everything about the 4th season and 2nd season was stupid. 1st season was good until the Amon reveal and rushing things.

Forgot Pic

>Millitant dictator
>No being edgy

You can make greater good arguments, but you can't call her a good person.

Spoiler alert: we're talking about leaders, not people you'll be friends with. How "good" of a person a leader is doesn't count into it, just what comes from their leadership.

Ready and willing to "burn down all of Paris" to make it happen. Also torched innocent civilians as a means of driving the Gypsies into the open.

Theft. Petty as it may be, taking away someone's naturals abilities because you don't like the idea of them being special is a dick move. Also, mass kidnapping.

Why not give bending to people who don't have it?

>taking away someone's naturals abilities because you don't like the idea of them being special is a dick move

Unless you're the Avatar, in which case take away.

Yes, I am being facetious on purpose.

Yes? She's a Millitant dictator dingus, I'm not talking about her inability to get the impulsive teenager with god powers onside.

(Though technically, mishandling the avatar is a leadership failure in this universe. It's a fact of life that there's a self-appointed interventionist dalai-lama who can kick everyone's ass.)

>Theft.
More like crippling, since it's removing ability. Sure, it's an advantage many people don't have, but that doesn't mean you're not crippling Superman by bringing him down to normal.

>theft
Not really. People could still bend, he just blocked their chi points so they could no longer bend.

Also, the humans in the Avatar world were never benders in the first place. They all lived on turtles and borrowed bending from the turtles.

All, Amon was doing was restoring humanity to its natural point like a true Hero. The only thing he did "wrong" was being a bender himself.

What is so wrong about needing to eat and survive in a practically post apocalyptic world?

Carnotaurus did nothing wrong

So, in our world, a terrorist cell that disables airports across planet and enforces a "no fly" zone spanning the entire planet is 100% in the right because humans cannot naturally fly?

Her crime was trying to build her nation strong and independent, not a puppet of Pax Americana, err... I mean Republic City.

She did some pretty shitty things to ensure national security, but it's not like it's unusual for time period depicted. "Good Guys" in WWII did pretty much the same shitty things as Germans did.

Yeah, sure. Let's keep going with this logic, here.

She barely even waged war of agression. She was within her land most of the time fixing the mess others couldn't be arsed to do and went after a city-state or whatever that was built on land forcibly occupied by Fire Nation that ceded for Avatar's pet project. It's hard to call her war unjust. And she interred some foreign people, so did US in real life.

Oh, I'm not arguing with the Kuvira bit. She was honestly tamer than every other Avatar antagonist with the exception of Amon (if only because his little movement hadn't yet been pushed into actual war forcing his movement to start killing people) in terms of her terrible shit.

I'm arguing against your point that the Axis and Allies did "pretty much the same shitty things".

>It's okay to forcibly annex multiple peaceful city states that want nothing to do with you

The fuck kind of logic is this? You want people to join you use diplomacy and suck it up if it fails.

Diplomacy that isn't backed up by force is mostly worthless.

Key phrase: Backed up by.

The phrase isn't "Diplomacy should be nothing more than a flimsy pretence you aren't going to take by force."

>People could still bend, he just blocked their chi points so they could no longer bend
>People could still bend .. they could no longer bend

Kuvira is totally necessary in the world. Every time there's some roving bandits attacking a town it's benders attacking non-benders which is totally natural to happen when there's people with super powers and people without. Zaheer's chaos and Amon's issue of non-bender powerlessness showed that without an ability to defend themselves, or be defended, they're easy meat to those that would do them harm.

So it's no surprise that when a bender that's bigger and badder than the bandits turn up, who will protect you from said bandits, Kuvira would be so welcome in the Earth Kingdom.

Under Kuvira people could finally start to rebuild their lives, and it's such a 1st World mentality to think that just by dropping muh freedom on people you make their lives better.

It's not the unison that's the problem, it's the deranged dick-waving dictator behaviour of grinding city states that have no interest in bowing to her under her heel.

That kind of conquest serves no purpose other than to make the conqueror feel big.

She was right to refuse to hand over power to an unqualified foppish prince, but she was 100% wrong to trample opposition.

A political aggressor similar to those one would find pre World War 1, taking whatever she wanted all for the name of "a stronger fatherland." Villain is a matter of perspective, but hardly blameless.

Stop posting this psychotic mass murderer. Tragic, yes, but hero no.

We don't know WHAT she's done. We don't know anything about her.

Only real answer in this thread.

One of the dinos had to tell the kids that their other parent isn't coming home.

Except for Quasimodo he was fucking right to exterminate the gypsies. They've been living the same way since the Middle Ages up to present day; bunch of savages should be burnt at the stake or gassed to death.

As someone who had the pleasure of drinking with one of them, i agree completely.

This counts as maiming. You might as well labotomize people cuz feels hurt people.

Not to sound like a total edgelord but the only thing Kuvira did wrong was be in an American kid's show. She's pretty much a hero from LOGH that escaped and ended up in the wrong genre.

Also Republic City is Earth Empire clay.

>falling for the 'holocaust' meme
that's a lie invented by the air jews.

Name a single person who ever committed a crime while being dead.
Count how many living people commit the crimes.
Do the math.
The crime isss life. The sssentence isss death.

Your morals are personal opinion, not hard fact

Please, don't forget that bending is a VERY dangerous ability. A child can easily take down a hospital with a movement of his fingers. It is NOT a power that anyone should have. It's like having a rocket launcher. Taking away bending makes a lot of sense, and the person literally loses nothing physically.

>woman trying to be a leader
That itself is wrong.

Oh, I'm meant to give the guy a reason?
He just wanted his own kingdom, the only thing he did wrong was punish his disobedient servants.

Gotham should burn.
>implying there won't be new mobs now that Nolanbats is out of the picture
>implying faggot cop can do anything even with a slightly-above average bodyarmor

>It's like having a rocket launcher

It's like BEING a rocket launcher. Look at what one "lava bender" (fucking hell that hurts to say) did to the Northern Air Temple.

Time and time again in Avatar we see that bending is destructive to a degree (and with an ease) that is totally unheard of in the real world.

Non-benders are right to be afraid of benders when any Earth Bender in the world can just open a hole in the ground, drop them in, and leave them there. Even "good" characters do this. Same with Fire Benders being walking flame throwers.

if he had succeeded he would've plunged society into the dark ages since it was very reliant on bending as a utility

You know I hear about gypsies all the time and I would almost agree with the sentiment if this site didn't have such ridiculous opinions on every other group.

>very reliant on bending
>ubiquitous use of internal combustion engine and conventional power generation

Hmm.

the nolan films were shit and are ultimately the reason why DC is going the opposite direction of marvel in terms of movies

could that work on the larger scale of a city or country?

all we ever see of power plants in korra were a bunch of firebenders shooting lightning

Why not? It does for us.

>all we ever see of power plants in korra
They had coal since ATLA.

>no being edgy
>kuvira

wow, good job OP

>not hailing the great uniter

he's not a villain though

Infringing upon sovereign nations/tribes rights is wrong though. Resorting to extortion and intimidation is also not right. Invading a nation and blowing up cities is pretty bad too

Look at a restoration of Carnotaurus and see how fucking fat this motherfucker is. He's eaten enough for a while, I think.

Sounds like American FP.

Bane?

Kuvira did one thing wrong

She didn't win

>abuse of power
>multiple attempted murders
>attempted rape
>incetement to violence

>nothing wrong

>91743727
>villain
So far she's just a self-pitying pushover

Followed fucking retarded logic
>hey, i'm gonna cut one hand off of everyone who has two so the people with one hand can feel better

>villain
He literally go sent on a suicide mission against his will

Did the wrong things for the right reasons

Bane was pretty great.

As the kid who read Knightfall and then raged at the DCAU for getting him wrong, I welcome the coat and silly voice being mainstays of his character for years to come.

Reuniting the Earth Kingdom, defeating the bandits, and refusing to cede power to an incompetent oaf that was clearly being installed as a puppet for foreign interests were all justifiable decisions.

Immediately turning around and invading neighboring territories to expand your empire when the newly reunified empire is anything but stable and ignoring the fact that one of your scientists might have worked out the secret to infinite free energy in favor of a superfluous super-weapon that was destroyed in its second battle, not so much.

feudalist shit get out

>Villains who did nothing wrong

Villains are defined by doing something wrong, OP.

Starting a pointless war because "Muh Rightfull Earth Kingdom clay" is pretty wrong

>in favor of a superfluous super-weapon that was destroyed in its second battle, not so much.

It's still funny as fuck we got a giant retard mech because they remembered they already did korra vs GIANT SATAN in season 2 so they had to at least attempt to go "this will be more bombastic".

It's not like republic city would stand idly after she refused to cede control, having both a claimant and the back up of three other super powers.
Kuvira launched a preemptive strike meant to dismantle a very dangerous potential coalition against her before it formed

Villains are designated by the winning side

Y'know what would've been more bombastic than the stupid fucking robot?

Korra having to fight an entire army of those regular mechs enhanced with spirit vine energy. Which Kuvira could've built with the same resources she spent on the Colossus and would have been MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE AT CONTROLLING A GIGANTIC EMPIRE.

I was totally on his side until he raped a 14-year-old who father he was trying to have killed.

Hero of another story, sure, but I think Valentine crossed more than a few lines.

What Kuvira did wrong: be written by Bryke.

should have used one of these instead

This.

Or these.

No, villains are the action, heroes are the reaction.

But the action is often to break the status quo and peace, which turns out being morally gray/wrong.

So Kuvira is the heroic reaction to Zaheer's action?

>But the action is often to break the status quo and peace, which turns out being morally gray/wrong
you deserve slavery

>implying killing the earth queen was wrong
Nobody did anything about her because she was functional to the interests of republic city. Same reason why they did nothing about the earth kingdom crisis while kuvira cleaned up the mess for them and shat their pants when she refused to cede control to their puppet

Blue Diamond's only crime is being 20ft tall and a cute.

Gaston was an obnoxious asshole. That's it. That's the entirety of his crime.

He bragged and grandstanded around town then mocked Belle's Dad when he and the other townspeople thought "crazy old Maurice" was just that. But the climax of the film comes from his thinking a monster has kidnapped Belle and leading the townspeople in a crusade to save her.

Did she do anything wrong?

She forced a guy to eat live spiders while robbing a bank.

Literally right about everything.

Where I live they're a plague. One of the meanings of the word Gypsy is literally thief in my language. So no, this isn't just a Sup Forums thing. This is a national phenomena. The only people who defend gypsies here are "progres" (our version of libtards) and gypsies themselves.

I think at the vast majority of individual points she had were quite understandable depictions of ends and means. Most of her individual acts of brutality were entirely rational decisions while viewed in context.

Overall she uses force to get what she wants in ways that are consider villainous. She goes significantly farther than is acceptable at points. I think Taylor had does far more good than harm and is totally justified 9/10 times.

So......it's iffy.