Are the Sonic comics officially dead now?

Are the Sonic comics officially dead now?

Not officially.
But they pretty much are at this point.

>died right in the middle of yet another classic pandering filler arc
I'm still mad about Mega Drive being canned

Officially? Not yet, but it's not looking good.

Archie apparently plans to update subscribers about them soon, though. I don't expect the news to be good.

pretty much

Not """officially""", but I think anyone with two functioning brain cells to rub together would tell you it's dead as fuck.

And thank fucking god. It was turning into a waifu wank OC Donut Steel fest. (No really, literal fan characters were shoehorned into it on more than one occasion.) Seriously, Flynn was starting to amass a list of Literally Who minor characters that rivaled Penders' Enchiladas and the comic focused less and less on the titular character and more on said Literally Whos and Muh Freedom Fighters. Where have we seen that before, I wonder?

Oh, and let's let another fanfic writer who does a comic about Silver the hedgehog in the future where Sonic is a ghost (???) and everyone is super edgy write for the comic! Why not? What could possibly go wrong? Yeah, no. Give that a more few years and the autism would have been out of control.

tl;dr shit was headed south with this comic, potentially even worse than with Penders if given enough time. Be glad it's cancelled while it's still relatively readable. Same goes for the Mega Man comic.

>this butthurt
How small is your penis, user?

I'm, just for the record, that wasn't me.

Classicucks are cancer.

>No really, literal fan characters were shoehorned into it on more than one occasion.
Characters created in an official capacity for a licensed product aren't "fan characters" no matter how much of a wet blanket you are.

This. This wave of "not muh Sonic" retards demanding to be catered to are going to ensure Sega never tries anything new ever again.

I wouldn't be surprised, SoJ hates anything from their branches being "too popular" (kinda like Nintendo), and the recent Penders Round 2 nonsense gave them reason to can their gaijin comics and non-game SatAM/OC characters.

But I'll hold my tongue on yes/no until we hear the big word.

I mean I get the fact that they wanted to wind down a little to flesh out the history of the new canon, but I think it would have been better to save for a side book or special. No reason to detract from the story.

>ensure Sega never tries anything new ever again
Considering we haven't had a classic style game since 94, I'm not even upset. Don't you dare fucking count Sonic 4.

Sonic Mania is a good call (and probably should have happened fucking YEARS ago). And yeah, Sonic 4 is just proof of Sega's incompetence at trying it on their own.

I think Sonic Team should straight up be liquidated. Especially whoever was making the calls all these years.

there were comic artists that made OCs and put them in the background, so i'm pretty sure that's what he meant. so yes, fan characters literally existed in the comics

A comic artist works in an official capacity, so they aren't merely a "fan" anymore.

literally everyone working on the sonic comic is a freelancer, so no they don't work in an official capacity. and your logic didn't even work. if i made an OC right now and then years later shoehorned it in an official product, would that still not count as an OC?

If you just dropped it in the background of a crowded scene (which would probably have a bunch of no-name randos no one cares about anyways), would anybody fucking care? Let me rephrase that. SHOULD they care?

The only time it would even fucking matter is if you hijacked the story and tried to make the story about your character.

Every single game for the last 11 years has been pandering to Classicucks

I'm what way outside of the obligatory generations and sonic 4, I'm genuinely curious.

Lost World was filled to the brim with classic badniks and did a lot of things like classic checkerboard rocks ala Green Hill.

It pretty much failed to be very "classic Sonic" in any other regard though. Thanks largely to those stupid Zeti bosses.

Does this mean Penders can get his characters back?

I thought he already won that case.

>What is Sonic Advance

A series that finished it's run over a decade ago.

Literally the only good part of the comics was Sally's feet.

degenerate

I know right?

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that Penders >>> Flynn?

You wish, Ken.