Den of Geek claims that toxic masculinity is the true villain of Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Den of Geek claims that toxic masculinity is the true villain of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
archive.is/8mR4L

>In the Original Trilogy, Han is presented as the ultimate dude. In heteronormative terms, he is the character every man should want to be and every woman should want to be with. In The Last Jedi, Poe is presented as a character who needs to stop with the mansplaining and learn from the more seasoned female leaders in his life.
Okay, no.

Fucking sage.

wtf is this timeline bros?

I'm pretty sure everyone is a troll now. this is getting kinda silly.

The one where the Jews won WWII

>let's talk about...
>lets write a sanctamonious one-sided blog post and cllse off comments to whoever disagrees with it

>like Leia feeling the loss of all the men and women the Resistance lost in the destruction of the First Order dreadnought—it's because Leia learned how to process her emotions a long time ago,
So they are basically saying that men are monsters and that it is "feminine" to care about your soldiers?

>Den of Geek

It pretends to be about nerd culture but exists only to suck and praise corporate turds and hail feminism.

Where have I read this bit about leeches infiltrating and ruining hobbies before?

They're just seeing what they want to see and disregarding everything they don't. If you've actually seen the movie you know this is really reaching.

>Poe is presented as a character who needs to stop with the mansplaining and learn from the more seasoned female leaders in his life.
Is this why the mutiny/evacuation plot made no sense?

I don’t even know how to respond or counter this, because I’m not exactly sure what the writer is saying. Who talks like this?

Guess I’m just a hopelessly toxic male. Oh well.

Starwars Reddit stickied and locked a mod post saying they will remove any posts with negative opinions lol

>any reposts will be removed, such as "why I hate this movie," etc. and the like.

"based" reddit spy.

For some reason I can't upload my screenshot from mobile but someone should make a thread about this

>Comment: so if I have a negative opinion I should comment on a post already showing that? And if it's positive I can make a post about whatever I want?
>Mod: yes don't make new posts about opinions already posted
>Comment: you deleted all posts with negative views

This but unironically. I'd rather have someone checking out Reddit to see what retarded things they do and laugh at them then have to go there myself.

>tfw they made all the First Order white and named the flagship the Supremacy so that a woman leading a group of blacks, asians, and mystery meats could smash it

The gunnery officer on the dreadnought was Chinese.

I'm going out and buying EVERY FUCKING Poe Dameron toy RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Fair enough
I still think Disney is intentionally doing some white supremacy meme

lol ever since reddit came out that place has been so utterly cucked

why do so many newfags like it? I can't even stand the way it looks

>First Order
>Has a female general and black troopers
>THIS IS THE ALT-RIGHT WHITE PATRIARCHY IN STARWARS

DEN OF SOY

One of their directors or producers or whatever has said that explicitly though.

There's legit shills there asking people to go see the movie three or four times, sort by new in the discussion thread, it's hilarious. Many of them new accounts, some of them accounts with no activity for years until December 15th who were bought in mass by disney

Well, the Empire has been explicitly based on the Nazis down to their uniforms since the first movie. So that's kind of unavoidable. But the First Order is still more "diverse" than the Empire ever was with the female general and various nonwhite background soldiers (also alien leader).

I don't like the direction society is going in.

Why do people want to get rid of men?

The worst one.

The alt-right is filled with larping non-whites, though.

No men, *white* men.

Please say someone replied with pics of Finn and Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Women in general are easier to control, all of the successful revolutionaries have been male lead.

>Toxic Masculinity spurned by the unnecessary withholding of information by a woman to be melodramatic
this noggin is really joggin anons

> Den Of Geek

I assume at some earlier point in time this was a website that focused on genre movies, comic books, video games etc.

How did they end up as a far left propaganda conspiracy theory site.

Do you think they have noticed how far off the beaten path they have wandered.

I was under the impression that the Empire was always extremely racist against nonhumans in the EU? In hindsight it was probably done to explain why the aliens (Ackbar, Chewie, Lando's co-pilot, the Ewoks, Gungans, Geonosians, Wookies, etc.) always seemed to be fighting on the side of the good guys in the movies (except for some random criminals like Jabba's palace guards) while being non-present in the Empire, which supposedly rules the whole galaxy. I wish that had been explored more. And I don't really know how it could make sense for the First Order since Snoke is supposed to be nonhuman.

Funny is Finn totally interrupts that Asian chick and the camera even moves along so that he's blocking her when he does that.
Fucking golden moment that I think was unintentional.

>genre movies, comic books, video games etc.
Those are all far-left now, least in the West.

Ah, so we finally found who the main villain of Episode 9 is

>Haldo
>seasoned leader
Uh, you mean the leader who got almost everyone killed because she fucked around too long before going to hyperspace?

From my perspective it is the SJWs who are evil.

>Han is presented as the ultimate dude. In heteronormative terms, he is the character every man should want to be and every woman should want to be with.

>Literally his entire character arc is about how he's too self centered and cocksure
>Leia straight up makes him abandon his old ways, meaning if anything, Leia is the woman any man should want to be with, and she got the guy rather than the other way around, but that's over simplifying it too

So are these articles written by the lizard men who haven't fully understood human culture yet, or?

To be fair Poe was 100% in the wrong in that movie.
He should have known full well how the chain of command works. He got given an order by the Vice-Admiral and he disobeyed it because she didn't explain herself to him, despite the fact a Vice-Admiral has absolutely no need to explain an order to a subordinate.
Having a whole bunch of people with attitudes like his is a great way to fuck up any army or navy or what have you.

Navy and Army also have strict grooming and uniform requirements, but admiral tumblr seem to ignore that

In case you haven't noticed Star Wars has been replete with weird clothes and hairstyles since day one.

Thanks but I got the message with the last 100 TV shows and films that I watched.

Actually no. I’m an officer in the US Army, a Commander always provides intent and background information to subordinates, otherwise they are a very shitty leader. If the plan is “fuel up the transports” and get the fuck outta here, you bet your ass she absolutely should be informing all of her subordinate commanders. Why? So they can make preparations, what supplies to bring, what key tasks they must execute immediately upon planet fall, rehearsals her subordinate units can practice while Headquarters refined and completes its plan. In short, she’s a fuckin retard and shouldn’t have kept it all “secret”. At the very least not from her other officers.

thanks for your service sir!

You’re very welcome :^)

>No_Fun_Allowed culture robots got antsy and overplayed their social-fabric-destruction card too soon
>backlash happens
>Begin labeling everything under the sun toxic, Russian spy, misogynistic, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, hydrophobic, arachnophobic, etc. if it isnt 110% in line with what you believe in
>sit back and watch the mushroom clouds

Best timeline.

>Han is presented as the ultimate dude. In heteronormative terms, he is the character every man should want to be

And what every woman should want to be. Han gets shit done.

(((people)))

You made one critical flaw in your assessment. This was not written by people with a military background or anyone with any understanding of chain of command. Just people who have an understanding of Hollywood Strategy. They thought they were witty with the lightspeed ramming, without understanding the strategic advantage that it would suddenly provide. There's no need for broadsides, no sortie. None of that. Just ram smaller ships at the big ships, and you can just aim the motherfuckers at the bridge from a sheer angle above.

And to make it worse, they didn't lightspeed ram from above or below the ship where there would be absolutely zero defenses. Most ships in SW are designed with just broadsides and top loaded canons, nothing on the soft bottom.

It was at least a strong possibility that the crew had a mole, so her not sharing information was the smart choice

Poe wasn't an officer, he was just a good fighter.
Also this

He’s literally a Captain.

And if there is a Mole, they get fucked when they get blown to bits by the First Order. So it’s doubtful there are any on board.

Fair.

>what are escape pods
>what is double crossing a mole when you're a brutal general who doesn't blink at blowing up planets

>please remember to vote blue next year after we constantly insult you and tell you that you're terrible

Where? I have seen that pic before but can't find t anymore. Would some please post it for me?

Remember Sup Forums there is no agenda being pushed in modern movies, continue to drink the koolaid.

The left has doubled down on identity politics and protecting illegals over legal immigrants. Kate Steinle will ring louder than the pedo accusations thrown at Moore.

That’s why you Guard the escape pods.

And honestly, there’s nothing the Admiral can do that a mole would find out and report eventually so why not keep your commanders informed?

Oh, I've been trolled by the leftists again. Damn me!

Pretty sure FO also hired middle eastern or Indian cutie as operator

Jewish leftism is a mental illness about hating strength and beauty and promoting weakness and ugliness.

Yea fair enough wrt that last points (although they were guarding the escape pods with a fucking engineer and once the mole is escaping it's probably too late to prevent further damage by them).

I don't know though, I just interpreted the way they framed their shots as strongly suggesting that someone on board wasn't trustworthy. Maybe it was just me or maybe it was just shitty work by the director. But it definitely made me think that Holdo had a good reason to not tell Poe something.

We stopped talking about strategies from the getgo. Even if you don't ram your ship to ships there is no need for ships and literally no ways to defend against hyperdrive. Shit like hyperdrive mess up with conventional wars from the getgo.

I don't see it...?

The timeline where FCC killed the Internet.

gtfo obamafuck

>implying I'm an Ameritard

>This retarded argument, over and over

The Vice Admiral was way out of line first belittling, and then dismissing her chief flight officer, and probably the only non-bridge officer after their entire hangar was blown to shit.
Should poe have done as he was told and obeyed her orders?
Yeah, if she had actually given him any. She didn't. The best way to tell that your CO is a retard in way over their head is when they can't even be bothered to shut down a downright insubordinate junior (senior, and noted war hero who destroyed the super Mega Ultra death star to everyone but her) officer who's telling them how stupid their suicidal (and it was suicidal as far as ANYONE knew) plan is. She should have had him placed in the brig, at the very least. It's not as if he'd be pulling any shifts as a flight commander without a ship.
He had something like 6 other officers join his mutiny, and none of the rest of the crew was in a hurry to stop him, because he presented a plan. Even if we don't consider the fact that a military organization called the "Resistance" would foster revolutionary personalities, officers are not allowed to order their men to commit suicide, or stand down and be killed by the enemy.

>foreigners giving a shit about the FCC

why is masculinity a bad thing?

>Den of Geek
solution: don't read this

>Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Non canon.

>First major gay character in Star Wars
>Feminists shit on Poe in the last Jedi
What gives?

A version of him is in Rebels cartoon. Disney canon is Movies+CloneWars+Rebels+DisneyNovels

>Disney canon is Movies
ftfy

this site was never good. you are delusional

Whats an example of toxic femininity?

It is well within reason for purplehair to believe that there was a mole as they were being chased through jumps. It would have been even better seeing how purplehair tries to uncover the mole and watch her fail miserably

Calling anything "toxic" like a estrogen filled nag/fag is a good way to start.

A woman has to be super girly, stay at home, cook and clean and should never aspire to be more than a good wife and mother.

not telling your crew your plan and letting them nearly kill themselves and ruin your plan at the same time due to your utter stupidity

It's called clickbait

OH NONONONO

Just about any female character in modern pop culture

you're one of those untermensch christian/muslims who thinks they're not jews themselves, don't worry you'll be gassed aswell

If a toxic male is someone who displays archaic masculine traits; isnt a toxic female someone who is a traditional family oriented woman?

He had been a Commander (probably the second ranking officer on that shitbucket) before being demoted by the coke whore.

>vcr

damaging reputation and bitching

We live in a timeline where the western left defends the biggest conglomerate on earth for free

Marx must be spinning in his grave at the state of modern day leftist brainlets

>shit for brains
Lurk moar faggot.