Hey Sup Forums, Sup Forums here

Hey Sup Forums, Sup Forums here.
How do you like this new game representation of Star-Lord?

If you have to judge it based on the original comic book, Is it better or worse than the film version?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i2d45tOgBl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no sideburns

how do you fuck up this bad

Those things are ridiculous

I don't think girls like sideburns, user.

>telltale
what game

This version looks and sounds like a knockoff Chris Pratt, so the movie's obviously better in that regard. But the game has a bit of choice involved so you can tailor him to be more heroic or roguish as you see fit.

Honestly I've never gotten the fuss over how he behaves in the movie. The only major difference is a tweak of the origin and the age and experience the comic version had at the time of forming the Guardians.

Really? REALLY?

Surprisingly enough, it's from the TellTale Batman game. Really, trust me.

Bro come on.
It's the new guardians game, it released this week.

If they don't fuck it up and work on the humor, it might become wolf among us level.
Here's the theme music.

youtube.com/watch?v=i2d45tOgBl0

The game was honestly kind of a letdown after how hype the intro and episode title got me.

>Drax isn't the one punching Thanos
dropped

It's basically second-rate Chris Pratt, but not as much of an obnoxious tryhard as in the cartoon.

Still nowhere as close as the hardened veteran I first knew.

He means a telltale isn't a game, my friends

Why does he have the exact same face as the Team Fortress scout and Telltale Joker?

To me it always seemed that people had more of a problem with other forms of media trying to imitate the movie version because they can't nail the comedy aspect of the character, and it comes off really badly

People really overstate what a "hardened veteran" Quill was in Annihilation. He was a little angsty cause he'd seen some shit, but he was still a quippy sarcastic jerk. And by Conquest and GOTG he'd stopped moping almost entirely, aside from feeling responsible for letting the Phalanx in.

Hey, Sup Forums, /trv/ here. Where are you going to spend your vacations?

I watched the intro and first 30 minutes on youtube.

What the fuck. How was any of that good? The dialogue was fucking terrible, it wasn't funny, the animations were flat out bad, Thanos goes down like a massive punk bitch who can't stop monologuing, and everything feels a cheap chinese knockoff of the James Gunn movie. Is this what I've been missing by not playing Telltale games?

So, what did you guys do?

Did you tell Drax he avenged his family or took the credit?

Did you sell the corpse to the Nova Corps or the Collector?

Did you keep your promise to your mom?

Did you take Gamora or Drax with you?

Playing video games.
I love video games.

I also bought the complete Hellboy collection, so I'll read that.

Well it depends on the choices you make you can make him more of a ne'er do well or a law abiding guy depending if you take Thanos to the collector or the Nova corps.

His base personality however seems pretty eh.

He's more goofy, irresponsible and a bit of a manchild (not that much but considering his trauma of his mother's death) but yeah he's at the beginning of his story whereas Giffen and DnA Star-Lord was an experienced gruff guy racked wirh guilt who was already nearing the end of his.

Even then Peter ALWAYS quipped and joked, in Annihilation when Gamora made jokes Rich tells her in two ocassions "You are hanging around Peter too much".

My pet peeve is when they make him a huge manchild idiot who fucks everything up and has no leader qualities. Humphries and the GotG cartoon made him into that.

Bendis just made him vapid and bland and once Kitty came into the comic he was just more of a non entity outside their relationship.

>Electric Light Orchestra
My dad would have loved this.

>Did you tell Drax he avenged his family or took the credit?
I let Drax have his revenge, why shit on his parade? I also gave Rocket the credit for the final shot. Both of them joined me for the toast.
>Did you sell the corpse to the Nova Corps or the Collector?
Nova Corps, and they became my allies.
>Did you keep your promise to your mom?
Of course.
>Did you take Gamora or Drax with you?
Gamora, and Drax respected it.

Overall pretty great. Of course the choices won't really matter because the team will be forced to fall apart, but it felt like I actually managed to be a good leader in the episode.

Is the cartoon worth watching at all?

>Is the cartoon worth watching at all?

nope

Damn. What's wrong with it?

Most of the time, the animation and art are just lazy. The colors are watered down and it feels very bland to watch.

Not to mention all of the pandering to the movie. There's a lot of character designs, moments, and plots that are meant to remind you of the movie, but without the context or flavor Gunn had in it to make it interesting. The personalities are cheap copies of the dynamics of the movie. Gamora is boring. Rocket and Groot are just there. Peter is obnoxious and childish as hell. Drax is the only decent character.

It's a damn shame, because the shorts leading up to it were a little promising.

That's lame. Why can't Marvel seem to do anything right except for movies?

>cosmic marvel will always be thought of as a joke

Because their current heads of animation care more about selling products and brands rather than crafting memorable cartoons.

They and DC used to do it right. They'd release cartoons that would match movie appearances, but those cartoons were free to do what they wanted and not just kiss up to the movies. Now Marvel released cookie-cutter crap and DC has given up completely.

You can't even blame Disney for it. Lucasfilm and Disney are working together as well. I may have my complaints about Star Wars Rebels, but at least you can tell they're trying to tell stories and put more effort into it, rather than just making something to follow on the MCU's success.

I miss the Space Nazi aesthetic; the mask and red jacket is nothing compared to the original Star Lord.

The mask is pretty much the same, it just doesn't have the bucket on, which I would think might happen when they're a bit more of a real organization.

>new
Kek

Looks more like Chris Evans than Chris Pratt. Why didn't they just make a character that looks like Pratt?

That dude's hot.

I hope this ends up being more like Telltale Batman, where it starts out as a generic Batman tale and it twists and turns into its own thing as it goes on. Seemingly killing off Thanos and having the Kree be extinct seems like a good start.

Like how people were saying GotG 2 would be a bit more serious but instead they're going full "dude 70s/80s lmao"

They likely can't afford the movie likeness.

Also, some jokes about Telltale not changing its engine and character models.

If there is a lack of Kitty and Bendis then it's fine.

Because there hasn't been a real universe ending event. Regardless of how bad you think Ronan was or if he was even a great threat, it still doesn't compare to the Annihilation Wave or anything that made Peter want to make the Guardians in the first place. That and people loved the 70s/80s characterization because many of the people who loved the movie love the aesthetic he brings with that soundtrack.

What vacation?

>They likely can't afford the movie likeness.
the GOT game had all the likeliness of the tv characters though

It is going to be more serious. It's also going to be funnier.

>Hey Sup Forums, Sup Forums here.
Fist thing first. Is "mr co/" for you dummy.

I gave Drax the shot but took credit for Rocket's gun. bitch should know who the leader is

>That dude's hot.
You kiddin right? that dude is a fatbomb and will explode any moment, regaining weight and more

Tell that to Wolverine.

I recognize that face model, those lazy assholes.

Yeah I made all the same decisions. They seemed like pretty easy choices to me, wouldn't mind some more that make me think a little harder next episode.

Part of not selling Thanos to shady weirdos was my worry that he would be resurrected somehow.