>Raptor is coming back
>Grayson will cross the Agents of Spyral again
>Tiger is coming back

Birds of Prey
>Nightwing/Birds of Prey crossover in the works
>Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Calculator going to be in Birds of Prey
>the team would be leaving Gotham some more in year two

'Tec
>core idea is rebuilding the family of the Bat-verse with Tim Drake at the center because “He has always had the ability to see the Bat Family from an arial view and see what it needs.”
>Lady Shiva, Zatanna and the Order of St. Dumas – an arc that will create a new A.I. version of Azrael that the writer promised won’t be confusing to people who have never read an Azrael comic before.

Justice League of America
>will show Lobo fighting construction machinery
>Killer Frost and the Atom will take on a villain from the ’90s Bloodlines era: Terrorsmith.
>The team will also go to Monster Valley in a story he described as “Justice League meets Tarzan.” That story will introduce one new character, and another new villain will appear soon after called King Butcher – one of the Lords of Order who will lead to the reveal of the big villain of the book’s first 24 issues.
>he’ll be doing an arc in the Microverse that the Atom has lived in in the past.

Misc
>DiDio wrapped by balking at a question about revivals for the likes of Martian Manhunter or the Legion of Super-Heroes, saying that plans were in the works for more revivals of classic heroes, but that the main goal of Rebirth remained not doing it until the right team had been found.
>Didio also polled the crowd on how they liked the double-shipping of books. The response was generally positive.
>Jurgens said aside from his classic work, he pulled from John Byrne and Geoff Johns’ runs on the original superhero in order to make this take more reflective of the character’s entire history.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/dc-revives-villains-plots-birds-of-preynightwing-crossover/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cbr.com/dc-revives-villains-plots-birds-of-preynightwing-crossover/

full summary but cbr sucks and it's really long

Thanks for the summary OP.

>but that the main goal of Rebirth remained not doing it until the right team had been found.
Then how come they did half of the Rebirth line?

a valid question

>Nightwing
tfw Dick running around Skartaris wearing a loincloth was just a joke and not real

>DiDio wrapped by balking at a question about revivals for the likes of Martian Manhunter or the Legion of Super-Heroes, saying that plans were in the works for more revivals of classic heroes, but that the main goal of Rebirth remained not doing it until the right team had been found.

Hmm, interesting. I like this approach, not giving these characters to the first person to pitch them an idea, but instead waiting for talent to free up and approaching them to write/draw the comic. That way, it's giving these series/characters an actual fighting chance to sell, instead of tank at arrival. It basically seems like DiDio basically sat down and wrote down what Marvel is doing, and then deciding to the exact opposite.

>plans were in the works for more revivals of classic heroes

Everything DC does is right. Also you gotta find a team whose going to work for the right price. LOSH and MM aren't going to huge sellers you don't want to overestimate expectations like double shipping Cyborg and sink the books prematurely.

>An actual chance to sell
Unless it's Johns, Bendis or Morrison, niche titles won't sell. There's no fighting chance.

It wasn't stated in the article from what I saw, but the BOP writers mentioned that crossovers are more likely to occur now that the Rebirth books have settled in for the most part. So here's hoping for a Trinities crossover.

didn't Orlando also say there'd be some cast changes in JLA or something

Cyborg was a mistake, but they are probably just giving him a series because of the JL movie.
Yeah, that's what I think. Unless a Johns/Morrison comes around to write MM it's going to be sitting on the shelf for a while. I honestly would love to read a Grant Morrison written MM

I just looked at the Newsarama livefeed of the panel and didn't see anything about cast changes. Maybe you were thinking of BOP?

The thing with Martian Manhunter is, even though I do think Ostrander's run was great, MM has never really been popular enough to support his own solo title. He's a character who needs to be on a team, be it Justice League or something else. I think part of the reason the theory that MM was the neighbor farmer in Superman caught on is because people like the idea of MM as a supporting character more than him on his own.

The retarded mindset that if you publish 50 titles all of them should be selling over 60k is cancerous.

Green Lanterns was also a book that nobody really gave 2 shits about till Johns took it over. Sure, it's all rather random which series does well and which don't. But you're never going to sell MM books with having garbage writers on it. Getting a Johns or a Morrison could turn the franchise around IMO.

It could also just as well tank, but we won't know till we give it a try. The real problem with all this is getting the right big name writer to write a MM story.

Rlower the totle, less the profits.

Creator owned titles don't need much sales due to lower costs. Image also has lower prices.

People these days only want the a and b listers.

I'm not sure why that was directed at me, I don't think everything has to sell at 60k. DC has been more supporting of low selling books than Marvel, but a MM solo would be lucky if it could match the numbers Cyborg is getting. And MM's legacy is as a team character. He was a back-up character in Detective Comics that no one cared about until he was made a founding member of the JLA. Non-comic readers only know him from the JL cartoon or as a supporting cast member in Supergirl.

Actually the "book market" as it's now being called is the best thing to ever happen to niche stuff. It doesn't need good monthly sales if it's getting good critical reception, because the trades will make up for it in the long run.

Sometimes it doesn't pay off, of course, if critics don't even notice the book or it isn't received well. Marvel's Mosaic is an example, literally NOBODY read it so it has no cult following at all.

You're so wrong it hurts.

1. Because I can't direct it at DC
2. because you said MM is not popular enough to support his ow title, but I think he can manage a 20k+ title right now.

>but a MM solo would be lucky if it could match the numbers Cyborg is getting
So DC are right in replacing him with Cyborg in the JL then and giving him the push.

>he’ll be doing an arc in the Microverse that the Atom has lived in in the past.
>DC is using the microverse before marvel in the comics

Not sure if baiting but this is the worst time for niche title. Even Image has become a farming ground for people like Remender or Lemire.
There's very little stuff right now that isn't A list.

Johns isn't writing Green Lanterns, Humphries is, you dolt.

Oh, I was talking about Johns GL run, before that nobody gave 2 shits about the GLs.

People did, just like a lot of series it got really stale in the early 2000's.

Didn't Scarlet Spider and Agent Venom have a crossover a few years ago where they chased Carnage into the Microverse called Minimum Carnage? I remember it not being very good, but the concept of the symbiotes being able to unravel the fabric of the multiverse at such a small scale was actually pretty awesome.

>double shipping
Faster trades. Trades do well in book stores and book fairs. Those plus digital platforms help can sustain low sellers even longer.

Kind of. MM has had 3 runs in the last 20 years.

By issue 7 (in 1992) it was selling 26K, by issue 7 in 2007 it was selling 22K and by issue 7 in 2015 it was selling 15K.

Cyborgs issue 7's in 2015 and 2017 did 19 and 20K respectively.

>January 2017
Nigga! January is already over!
What you tryna pull?

>DiDio wrapped by balking at a question about revivals for the likes of Martian Manhunter or the Legion of Super-Heroes
I find it odd that cbr chose to use the word balk to describe what Didio said (which makes it sound like he was being negative/dismissive) whereas Bleedingcool said
>Final question: if Rebirth is about getting back to the heart of the DCU, what plans are there for Shazam and Martian Manhunter?
>“There’s still a lot of story to be told,” Didio says. The important part is to get it right.
With no mention of any balking.

>Nightwing/Birds of Prey crossover in the works
That happened a few issues ago.

Bendis couldn't make Moon Knight sell very well, there's a reason why nowadays he sticks to popular titles or titles that have a show/movie coming up.

Still DC has always been smarter about handling the "trade waiting" crowd.

>Bendis
He never made c-list characters sell.