They ruined finn

they ruined finn

Was was the janitor there in the first place?

He was ruined from the moment he slaughtered his fellow troopers in the beginning of TFA

Why does Finn have such a high persuasion stat? All the time he's lying to people. It seems like this wouldn't be a desirable trait in a storm trooper.

He never belonged in star wars

this is a fucking terrible idea

how about you have him act like an actual killing machine raised from birth to be the perfect soldier? You know, instead of getting his ass beat by the first homeless desert woman he comes across and then everyone else. What the fuck is the point of spartan warrior soldiers if they suck ass

His race ruined him long before that

>literally “hire me! My shitty fanfiction is my only criticism!”

To earn billions.

Niggers and cucks will never accept that finn never made sense as a character

Would’ve been cool

I don't like this guy he has awful and objectively incorrect opinions.

>who the hell is supporting the nu-empire?
>where are they getting all their funding?
>is the majority of the galaxy complacent to their rule?
>are they really that bad? we only see shit from the REBELS side.
>is the empire they only thing holding the galaxy together with some degree of stability?
>whos funding the rebels?
>i thought the stromtroopers were clones, not blacks and women (nothing against them).
>did those people join the empire?
>are they slaves?
>waaaaattt

very cool

What do you mean by that?? You racist!

>>i thought the stromtroopers were clones, not blacks and women (nothing against them).

No, they were conscripted. They stopped using Clones after the Empire took over, with only the 501st staying in place. This is George Lucas canon, and Disney reaffirmed it too.

The New Order instead takes babies and raises them from childhood with serial numbers as names instead - though Hux whines about how they should just use clones instead in TFA.

He was wasted in TLJ.

His only contribution is a plan that failed so horribly it almost killed the entire Resistance.

And then for some reason he turns suicidal.

I miss Lando.

>raising and feeding a human from 1-16 or 18 before they become useful
>end product is some of the worst soldiers of all time

but look at those female characters haha yass

such a bad idea

>Take a guy with an interesting backstory
>Make the only tie to his backstory in the sequel a "dude I was a janitor lmao" joke that we already heard in TFA

Yup

I like this

>PLEASE DONT KILL ME
>HERE ILL GIVE YOU THE CODE TO KILL ME AND MY ENTIRE ARMY ON THIS PLANET JUST PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!

So the first order had no troops the first, like, 20 years

Samefag. Let’s see you redditors come up with something better, or did you enjoy Rose & Finn: Beyond Thunderdome

You'd think Snoke would have sensed that she's untrustworthy or something, at least after the event happened, but I guess he didn't really care about the planet blowing up either.

Kylo knew who he was. It would be interesting if Finn had personally asked Kylo to let him fight so he could prove himself to the Order.

>those hips

So not only does this guy have the skull structure of an early hominid, but he's got the hips of a 45 year old mother of 4.

Why is he allowed to offend mine eyes with his screen presence?

Finn was ruined like 14 minutes into TFA, when any promise of character development was ruined by making him a clown.
>Ruined Finn
He had ONE good scene, and it was the first scene.

>how about you have him act like an actual killing machine raised from birth to be the perfect soldier

This. That's kind of what I expected going in to see TFA. And Rey (the only friend he makes) would be some scavenger/thief that couldn't fight nearly as well. Instead he seemed to be a perfectly normal individual, and she's better than him at fighting anyways.

He aight

Shitty idea but he's not wrong about Finn's potential being wasted.

No need for a control chip. Finn was raised from childhood to be a killer, and nobody turns out to be a decent, well-adjusted guy with that kind of background. Finn as an unstable, socially inept person trying to become normal and do the right thing would be more than enough in terms of providing opportunities for character development.

EXECUTE ORDER FN2187

Finn was a soldier, not a janitor. He lied to Han because he didn't want to admit it.

>fail mission
> almost everyone dies
> feel responsible for the deaths

It makes sense to me why he would've been suicidal.

>have him act like an actual killing machine

He dosen't act like a military man let alone a child solider. Supposedly the guy was raised under strict rules as part of a whole not an individual, he should be more reserved and disciplined.

Smdh

That's a good point. However, the movie doesn't portray it that way.

The point seems to be "fight with love not hate" or some shit, then they make out and shit.

Cause there's a bunch of cynical, iconoclast shit they wanna hammer into us in this movie.

They should've brought Lando back in, maybe even to kill him off, as long as we got Billy Dee one more time.

How they could have done it:
>Finn betrays the first order
>Gets chopped up badly and captured at the end of TFA
>Kylo uses muh force to somehow assimilate him back into being a stormtrooper
>Lando appears to help Rey out in TLJ
>Finn starts rekking shit
>Kylo orders him to execute Lando
>He can't go through with it, betrays Kylo again
>Oh fugg it's revealed Finn is actually Lando's son

Exactly this...Leaves the dark side beacuse "muh storm trooper friends died". Ten minutes later he is killing storm troopers with Poe.

>Leaves the dark side beacuse "muh storm trooper friends died". Ten minutes later he is killing storm troopers with Poe.

This always amuses the hell out of me when I consider that his dead stomtrooper buddy was actually killed by Poe.

I forgot he was a stormtrooper

Wide Wars

Haven't seen the movie, is this confirmed ?
Was he a janitor or not ?

>defected after fellow soldier dies to, LITERAL, terrorists to join said terrorists

Yeah they did.

But the First Order is the terrorists in that scenario.

>landing troops on some sandy shithole not controlled by any government so you can start slaughtering the natives

I mean when you are executing unarmed folks just because some dipshit in an edgy mask tells you to, you might want to reconsider if you're not the baddies.

>doesnt want to kill innocent people
>goes around blasting other boys taken from their families as children who just happen to be working at the landing bay
>stabs oppressed slaves forced to fight on the pain of death like he used to be through the chest with a lightsaber
total 180 right at the beginning of the movie and its never addressed

They already ruined Finn in TFA by spending an interesting character idea on a stupid joke. Now they just don't know what to do with him.

>raised from childhood to be a soldier
>"nah, the only thing controlling him is a chip in his brain"
I'm glad they didn't take this direction.

EXECUTE ORDER A5524P3-80085

i was on board until the last line. kys

>who the hell is supporting the nu-empire?
Space Nazis and some governors and the like that escaped prosecution, I guess?
>where are they getting all their funding?
Space Nazi Golds
>is the majority of the galaxy complacent to their rule?
Shouldn't be, since they're tiny and incompetent, but apparently...?
>are they really that bad? we only see shit from the REBELS side.
The Empire wasn't really great to live under, yes. That tends to happen when the guy that has established you and is ruling you is a dude devoted to "evil" basically.
>is the empire they only thing holding the galaxy together with some degree of stability?
No
>whos funding the rebels?
All the ppls being repressed
>i thought the stromtroopers were clones, not blacks and women (nothing against them).
The clones weren't white either in case you were wondering. They stopped using them and switched instead to conscripts and enlisted people for reasons that really doesn't make much sense and are there to explain why OT Stormtroopers have height differences and the like.
>did those people join the empire?
Yes
>are they slaves?
Maybe

>when you are executing unarmed folks just because some dipshit in an edgy mask tells you to, you might want to reconsider if you're not the baddies.

He's too sharp, lower his quality

>Hey Janitor Guy, Ted's out sick you want to fill in for him?
>DO I?

Read the books man. The First Order was The Empire's Plan B(aka Project Resurrection). Plan C was Palpatine making a bunch of clones of himself. They'll are a good 10 plans all set and ready if the one before it fails.

kek

>British humour

>>i thought the stromtroopers were clones, not blacks and women (nothing against them).
No because Lucas backpedalled on that retcon because nobody liked it or really understood how it worked

If a movie is well made why should I need a book to get it?

Fuck off, Review Cunt.

I got that reference.

haha i love low hanging liberal humor too :) xx

underrated

I always figured Finn was supposed to be a force sensitive, but Johnson didn't fancy taking it any further because he wanted to write his reylo fanfic.

>kylo takes special interest in one upset storm trooper and bothers to learn his ID
>there has been an awakening/yes i sensed it comes right after this
>picks up skills like shooting the falcon's guns super fast
>wields a lightsaber twice and manages to get in a hit on kylo despite being a space janitor with some minimal martial training

But muh Ma-Rey Sue's lack of character development!

in the second movie he says he used to mop up near the hyperspace tracker

this

For a girl its Mary sue.
a guy is Gary stu

Is a black a Rudy poo?

They can both be jedi. Hell, have Finn captured by the FO and Kylo try to turn him whilst Rey is training with Luke and taunt her with what he's going to do with her friend if she doesn't join them. Have Finn use his high charisma stat to start turning storm troopers to his side but also be tempted by the power offered by Kylo and Snoke. Have Rey ditch her training to rescue Finn, whatever, it can work.

Besides "Last Jedi" means nothing when "Jedi" is also a plural.

Black is dindu

Do you really think that's liberal humor? You really are far gone

>"It looks like there are now two The Last Jedi"
>standing ovation from the crowd

because dude just pay more money hahaha like what are you poor or something just buy the books hahaaha

Haha

Then why was he such a pussy? You'd assume they'd get basic training but no, he literally looks like he stole a uniform.

TELL THAT TO FINNS NECK CHIP

>movie intentionally directed to draw parallels with the empire to nazis and white supremacy
>dude remember that one antifa reddit meme? what if we apply to the new STAHWAHZ
you're right its really clever

Is Finn a Skywalker?

More like a jaywalker

Thank god he will never write a movie.

The whole of IX will be weird homoerotic force skype scenes with Finn and Kylo.

he should have died, sacrificing himself for the resistance. But moonface ruined it

there was nothing to ruin

Take this, it's better.

fuck you and your self promotion, autism fag.

>Rose could have died instead, giving Finn some angst/rage to make him look to the dark side or whatever in IX and getting rid of that godawful """romance""" before the obviously uncomfortable actors off themselves

His entire character is complete utter nonsense, they have this redemption arc crap going on but the thing is he truly dindu nuffin it would be one thing if he executed some civilians and this leads to him deserting etc.

dude no.

he was a janitor.

Odds are that neither the writers nor director have much interaction with veterans because they are coastal liberal types and there hasn't been a draft in 40 years. Back in the 70s a large percentage of any American's friends or coworkers, even among lefty Jews in Hollywood, would be WWII, Korea, or Vietnam vets.

why would evans be laughing at another marvel movie?

I totally agree that his character was a complete waste. A former soldier, raised from birth to fight, who defects after witnessing a slaughter is a cool idea.
Suddenly he's a coward and it turns out he's a janitor!? After showing him as party of a unit led by Kylo Ren himself?

Then after he finds his courage, attacks Starkiller base and duels Kylo Ren he is shown in the next movie to still be a coward. Who writes this retarded shit?

Who knows man. Who knows

>Is Finn a Skywalker?
>Finn is Sanitationworker