GOAT opening scene

The battle of coruscant is the goat opening scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9BwmdEfrDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

umm sorry sweetie but this is the goat opening

youtube.com/watch?v=P9BwmdEfrDk

>ooh gee look at all the SPEESHIPS and the SPLOSIONS and stuff ain't it cool?
It's an incoherent mess that means nothing to the audience because we have no emotional investment in it
Ironically it's a cheesy quip-laden CGIfest which is exactly why TLJ is being shit on, but such is the depth of your doublethink you'd never realise that

lmao morons on the internet are trolling themselves into thinking the prequels were good movies

It's really a fun phenomenon to watch. I'm waiting for people to start saying AOTC was downlow the best one.

What you virgins need to realize is that people who grew up watching 1-3 really enjoyed them because they're kids movies and thats that. Get a real hobby if you have the urge to over analyse kids films.

they were bad for kid's movies

oh right, small children who grew up watching the prequels would be doing things like learning how to drive and browse Sup Forums now

this x 100. This user knows. It was a shit from any angle.

>star wars with actual star wars
how terrible

it's too dense and there's too much going on.
honestly they went too far in some places...

>star wars = upper atmosphere wars

Original trilogy has CG

It's strategically designed to be that way

Rouge One had the best opening

>lets land 15 km from the place we need to be

Dr. Erso, I'm ISB

its funny because he also dies like a bitch

He's... still in charge, right?

>he
>in charge
>ever

Why did Lucas have to fill the frame full of so much extraneous shit? I get it is meant to be chaotic but it is overkill and messy.

>because we have no emotional investment in it
Is thinking something looks awesome and enjoying spectacle not emotional investment/involvement?

You're a grape eating nigger from any angle

t. pleb jew

It's because Palpatine was just kidnapped during the invasion and they called in everything. Starts right after LoE/ non cgi cartoon

>Starts right after LoE/ non cgi cartoon
Which is the biggest problem of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. They expect you to watch a stupid cartoon, because if you don't then you know almost nothing about Dooku, or Grievous, or Anakin's exploits.

It's completely baffling how much time is wasted in those films on (boring) visual spectacle.

>(boring)
disagree desoo

PREQUELS BAD!

All the action scenes are mostly boring and way too long.
>opening space battle
>lizard chase
>Anakin vs Obi-Wan

either admit that you plainly enjoy them or say that they're bad. the intellectualizing of the fucking star wars prequels is the highest degree of cringe

Again, I just disagree. None of those sequences bored me.

>the intellectualizing of the fucking star wars movies, any of them, if fucking cringe
FTFY

Its easy to entertain a pleb

The RotS novelization flows better.

I know you are, but what am I?

soy pleb

Nope. Stover is a hack who goes wayover board on melodramatic syntax. Nothing has impact because he acts like every single paragraph is supposed to give the reader epic chills.

Umm... your nazi downvote party won't bring down Star Wars, sweeties. You are obsolete. We are the majority here now. :^)

it's dull and boring. Like the whole film. There is no fun, no joy, just depressive and uninteresting shit all around.
Prequels at least let me enjoy every scene with the droids. They (and their idiot masters) may be even a better faction than the Empire, since those were just "le evil nazi-esque" guys. (Member WW2???!). Fuck, CIS has become my favorite faction. Such a weird, unfocused union of idiots/technians/bankers/traders and other fools who shit out droids to make up for their failures. I like it. The few competent leaders can't salvage it alone (Dooku, Grievous, Ventress, Durge...).
If only the prequels would have started with the clone wars. Because the series was pretty darn good (perhaps minus the zilla-episodes, those were pretty dumb).

>Why did Lucas have to fill the frame full of so much extraneous shit?

Because nothing of it is extraneous. And because he finally had resources and technology to show a major space battle on screen and give it its proper scale. Having so much shit happen in the background that it is impossible to track everything unless you can click pause is not merely a part of a spectacle, but also conveys perception of a titanic even in which the heroes play only a small but vital part.

s'up mass getter, enojy your ban faggot.

Indeed,it is .
A dynamic large scale battle where the feeling of its intensity is perfectly displayed.
Filled character that matters : obi wan , anakin ,r2d2... and with an exciting event( supreme chancellor kidnapped from the fuckin capital of the republic)

But nostalgia fags and disney suckers will always find something to complain about ...

More like the feeling of complete chaos.
>can't tell what's going on
>I don't care about the characters (we know nothing bad will happen to them anyway)
>the scene is like 10 minutes long
Yeah, really intense.

It was.
Rots was the worst.
I remember watching it in the theaters and immediately running home to post my review on yahoo movies. I even titled it "ROTS rots"
I mainly was butthurt at how underwhelming a villain grievous was.
On the other hand, I loved aotc and rewatched it many a time (skipping the padme science because girls were gross)
For as much as TPM gets shat on, the opening sequence, podracing and Darth maul were all well executed

I wonder how many millions, or even billions of people died with all the ships, debris, and stray shots bombarding the surface of the planet.

I can't remember where, but I remember reading an article breaking down how the final battle of Mass Effect 3 would have rendered Earth uninhabitable, regardless of whether the Reapers stuck around or not.

Stop trying so hard.

>can't tell what's going on

Pretending to be blind is not going to prove anything.It was a surprise attack battle ofc it will chaotical.We don't need every space battle to have two faction ships lining up in opposed direction and shooting each other

>I don't care about the characters (we know nothing bad will happen to them anyway)

Yeah ofc nothing bad will happen.It is not like some jedi and sith died in that movie. What you want? Obi wan killed in the space battle?

>the scene is like 10 minutes long
It was around 5 min

>>can't tell what's going on
being this much of a brainlet

not him but
>chaotical
I think you mean chaotic

>A dynamic large scale battle where the feeling of its intensity is perfectly displayed.
Are you serious? Its a tension-less mess, its like child with toys smashing them together.
>Filled character that matters : obi wan , anakin ,r2d2
The most interesting and human of them being a robot.
>and with an exciting event( supreme chancellor kidnapped from the fuckin capital of the republic)
How exciting! A couple lines of exposition!
It would of made a far better climax (like the far better battle in ROTJ), with the rest of the movie building up to and giving the background for it.

There is nothing intense about that battle.

>Yeah ofc nothing bad will happen.It is not like some jedi and sith died in that movie.
I actually like the scene where all Jedi were executed, but we are talking about the battle of Coruscant.
>What you want? Obi wan killed in the space battle?
Introduce a new character we care about in earlier movies. Let him take part in this battle. It's not that hard.
>it was around 5 min
You're right. It's just such a boring scene it feels like it's twice its length.

I don't see why you expect so much to be put into a scene whose only purpose was to make getting to general grevious's ship more interesting.

Then why put so much into it?

I guess the transformers movies are a masterpiece than.

to make getting to general grevious's ship more interesting.

They will be, wait until Disney buys the franchise.

And that is why it is a boring headache of a scene.

But it wasn't interesting. Copypasting CGI assets a thousand times doesn't make attacking a ship belonging a character that hasn't been introduced interesting.

At least lucas thought about scale, now. In dianey wars the rebels only have one cruiser

Grievous was a completely unnecessary character. I know he was in the cartoon, but I haven't seen it. Instead of killing Dooku at the start of the movie make him the secondary villain of the film.

Yeah

> its like child with toys smashing them together

I am convinced by your perfect analogy

>The most interesting and human of them being a robot.

Stop fellowing the stupid memes. Obi wan was an interressting character. Anakin was too at few points if it wasn't for his cringy dialogues and acting.

>Introduce a new character we care about in earlier movies. Let him take part in this battle. It's not that hard.
Not every scene have to be a drama fest.
A fuckin sith count dooku literally was killed few minutes later.

I always liked AotC the best as a kid. The fight between Obi-Wan and Jango was probably the best fight in the trilogy.

But I guess I just fast forwarded all the bad romance and was a dumb kid.

>A fuckin sith count dooku literally was killed few minutes later.
A Sith lord we knew very little about. Another wasted character. Nowhere in the film the Republic feels threatened by the Rebels. Even during the battle of Coruscant.

>I am convinced by your perfect analogy
Sorry, that should of been 'man child'.
>Obi wan was an interressting character.
Why?
>if it wasn't for his cringy dialogues and acting.
Dialog and acting is the character, or did you like his costume of something?

>mostly just generic "fly through exploding ships" Orlando Studios ride bait
>most of the sequence is just Obi and Anakin trying to destroy some action figure bait that climbed onto their ship
>only interesting thing that doesn't happen in an instant was Dooku's warship going broadside with a star destroyer and losing but this happened well after the opening sequence anyway

No CGI shit to be found. Glory days.

You can relate to Reeves because he is there, feels there. Doesn't look like green screen superman shit nowadays.

>It's an incoherent mess

It's great precisely because it's coherent, it's staged in a great way. You can distinguish the idea of what is happening, the background action adds to variety and feeling of grandeur.

I can understand the hate on CGI but this isn't really the case to do that.

>A Sith lord we knew very little about
I agree that he needed more exposition but he ironically was more interresting than any of the new trilogy character will be.

He is interresting because the limited time that he had was well used. We knew that he was a strong jedi and that he trained qui Gon but he realized how corrupt the republic is and turned to the dark side. Yet when he capture obi wan in ep2 he talked about wanting to go against darth sidious.
ALso,he have a realistic fencing style with his curved hilt lightsaber different than most of star wars duelists. just few points that i still remember . I haven't rewatched the movie since few years

>Dialog and acting is the character, or did you like his costume of something?

Maybe his story? and I meant a part of his dialogue and acting was bad not all of it.

>coruscant established to be heart of the republic
>last movie establishes galaxy is in a full scale war
>movie opens with an assault in the republic capital where the senate and the seat of the jedi order is
>no emotional investment
FAG

They are more invested with their mary sue

In memory of original disgusting looking aliens that we'll never see more of, post 'em.

it's ok until they start talking

>ooh gee look at all the SPEESHIPS and the SPLOSIONS and stuff ain't it cool?
Literally every Star Wars movie and also the opening of the original Star Wars. What's your point?

/thread