Record Store Day YOUNG ANIMAL 12" Picture Disc

Anybody else get their hands on one?
That's Gerard Way's hand in the picture, not mine.

>Gerard Way: “Into The Cave We Wander” / “Pogi’s Cavern”; 12” Picture Disc in Clear Vinyl Sleeve. Limited to 5,000.
>Two new recordings from Gerard Way have been written to go with the comic book series CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE from DC’s Young Animal pop-up imprint. The 12” picture disc comes in a clear vinyl sleeve and includes the following: a 32-page comic featuring an all-new three-page story by Gerard Way and Michael Allred; previews of four DC’s Young Animal comics—DOOM PATROL, SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL, CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE and MOTHER PANIC; and an 11”x 17” poster featuring characters from each of the series, drawn by Nick Derington. The songs were written and recorded with Ray Toro and produced by Doug McKean, Ray Toro and Gerard Way.

> The picture disc itself was created by DCYA designer Paul Rentler @prentler using Michael Avon Oeming's @oeming art from the series as well as older Cave Carson artwork. The line art for the cover of the Young Animal Mixtape comic is by Doom Patrol series artists and partner of mine @nickderington who also came up with the title of the comic. The coloring was executed by Doom Patrol series colorist Tamra Bonvillain. The Mixtape Comic includes an original 3 page story by @allredmd on line art, Laura Allred on colors, Carlos M. Mangual on lettering, myself writing, and edited by Jamie Rich and Molly Mahan. The rest of the book features the Young Animal creative team’s work on their respective titles and are provided as a sampler. You get a look at all core-4 Young Animal books.

i really fucking want it

but i know i wont get it because of my shitty country. fuck.

You'll see them on ebay and the likes, I can't imagine that many people are gonna snag these up to keep

i wouldnt be so sure man, 5000 copies aint much, more then likely it's mostly going to be fans

I take it you've never been to record store day, rich assholes go and buy up as much as they can to resell, and since its something you have to buy the owners are less likely to intervene and stop you from doing it, they're getting money either way.

thats true i get all my records from other collectors.

Still, that does install a bit more hope in me, thanks user i'll keep an eye out.

Yeah, they're gonna be inflated by at least double the price(so $40+) there should be some popping up in the coming days

Give it a week or two after RSD or a month for best results, as the first round of resellers tend to prey on impulse buyers.

I'd also go to Discogs to check for resellers rather than eBay, but you may end up finding similar results on both sites.

thanks truly, both of you

bump

Nice

is there a rip of the songs anywhere?

Not yet, but I'm sure there will be something sooner or later. There's a market for RSD rips.

There might also be rips of the NYCC cassette tapes, which feature the same tracks.

This looks good.

Damn, Robot Gerard Way is too hot.

I haven't been following YA books as much as a I wanted because of college so what's going on right now on Doom Patrol and Shade the changing girl?

bump

Beautiful.

>Record Store Day
Shit. I heard someone talking about it the other day and I still forgot about it again this year.

Well, hope that you live somewhere relatively obscure and see if you can't get anything on Sunday or Monday.