Rich was right

>Coming after Generations is "Legacy," a plan to renumber titles with their original series numbers.
>An oversized Marvel Legacy special will kick things off. It is written by Jason Aaron with art by Esad Ribic.
>Legacy deals with "past, present, and future" said Aaron. The "past" portion will meet the prehistoric Avengers.
>Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy are all part of Legacy.
>"I promise you come the end of 2017, you'll be saying Make Mine Marvel," said D'Lando.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/marvel-legacy-new-storylines-original-numbering/
mvstamps.com/introduction.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOOM
newsarama.com/34197-marvel-re-embraces-legacy-with-new-direction-original-numbering-throwback-extras.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>prehistoric Avengers.
wot

Creative teams are all that matter. If the editorial is the same, and the writers are the same, I don’t care a bit.
Of course, the direct market will eat it up. I predict these will sell better than Rebirth, if they manage to pull off the marketing. Now, whether they manage to keep sales up...

>written by Jason Aaron
do they really hope this will work ?

>written by Jason Aaron
Pass.

>prehistoric
oh boy, is this how we are calling the old school avengers now ?

>Marvel's about to do a better REBIRTH than DC just like they do everything else
can't wait to laugh at the DChumps

If you read Aaron Thor you will find out he has been setting the prehistoric avenger.

>If you read Aaron Thor
Yeah no, outside of God butcher there was nothing worth of reading there

>Legacy 's "bold new direction" will begin with an 50-page Marvel Legacy #1 one-shot by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic that will feature "the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay"
They really are hopping on the Rebirth bandwagon.

Funny how they seem to be trying to promote Aaron as their Johns, but at least it's not Bendis.

So any guesses who this "beloved mainstay" is?
Who is Marvel's Wally West?

they are going to make Marvelman part of the MU aren't they ?

He's all they have. Bendis has lost even his fans at this point, and there is no one sense at Marvel at that level.

Marvelman isn't a "Marvel mainstay."

who is their Doctor Manhattan?

It better be Fantastic Four. At least they had an exit instead of being unceremoniously erased, but the feeling of something missing is just as big.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No but it would be their “Watchmen crossover”
But the beloved mainstay probably will be the FF. Hopefully. I wish...

It's singular.

So beloved is cyclops or xavier.

>Everything else
Outside of the movies Marvel is complete dogshit
>Vidya is shit
>Cartoons are shit
>Comics are shit
This will fail hard.

cbr.com/marvel-legacy-new-storylines-original-numbering/
>After honoring its legacy heroes this summer with “Generations,” Marvel Comics will launch a new initiative that showcases its most popular characters in new storylines, returns the publisher’s long-running titles to their original numbering, and revives fan-favorite elements.

>Marvel Legacy kicks off this fall with the appropriately titled “Marvel Legacy” #1, a 50-page one-shot written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by Esad Ribic that promises to “set the stage for the next chapter of the Marvel Universe with hope, heroism, heart and the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay.”

>Sporting a four-panel foldout cover by Joe Quesada, the special issue is billed as “a perfect entry point for all readers.” Following its release, the Legacy banner will unfurl with new and continuing series starring such characters as the Avengers, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, America Chavez, Deadpool, the X-Men, Ironheart, The Punisher, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Moon Knight, the Champions, Luke Cage, Odinson, the Hulk, Iron Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>“The Marvel Legacy initiative is a celebration of everything that makes Marvel the best in fiction, and it’s a signifier of a new era for Marvel Comics,” Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer, said in a statement.. “It’s a loving look at the heart of Marvel as we embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward with all the Marvel characters you know and love starring in the biggest, boldest, best Marvel stories. All of which kicks off with the giant ‘Marvel Legacy’ special.”

>The titles that resume their original numbering will be marked with special trade dress and cover treatments.

>As part of the Legacy initiative, the publisher is also bringing back such classics as the Marvel Value Stamp, the 1970s fan magazine “FOOM,” and cover corner-box art.

When did Sup Forumsfags start openly posting on Sup Forums?

>set the stage for the next chapter of the Marvel Universe with hope, heroism, heart and the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay.”
literally Marvel Rebirth

who's the mainstay going to be? the FF?

Looks like Carol's dyke cut is finally out

>Marvel Value Stamp
mvstamps.com/introduction.htm
>The 100 stamps in Series A could be clipped from the letters pages of various Marvel comic book titles and then taped into a 16-page Stamp Book which Marvel sold through the mail. The Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be put together to form 10 larger images in a second Stamp Book.

>The program destroyed the value of countless Marvel comics of this era, and missing value stamps are the bane of serious Bronze Age collectors. But if you were of a certain age when the program began, you may have feelings of nostalgia for these little stamps, despite the horror they wreaked on your collection.

>the 1970s fan magazine “FOOM,”
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOOM
>FOOM was Marvel Comics' self-produced fan magazine of the mid-1970s, following the canceled Marvelmania and preceding Marvel Age. Running 22 quarterly issues (Feb. 1973 - Fall 1978), it was initially designed and edited by celebrated comic book writer-artist Jim Steranko.

It's still short and has varied in style wildly from artist to artist so maybe not.

>set the stage for the next chapter of the Marvel Universe with hope, heroism, heart and the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay
it's literally rebirth

A team counts as a singular unit. "The fantastic four is a beloved marvel mainstay" totally works.

>the Legacy banner will unfurl with new and continuing series starring such characters as the Avengers, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, America Chavez, Deadpool, the X-Men, Ironheart, The Punisher, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Moon Knight, the Champions, Luke Cage, Odinson, the Hulk, Iron Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
>America Chavez
oh thank god I was afraid she was gonna be cancelled

newsarama.com/34197-marvel-re-embraces-legacy-with-new-direction-original-numbering-throwback-extras.html

> "From there, the Marvel Legacy initiative spreads out across the Marvel Universe, showcasing epic storylines hearkening back to the glory days of Marvel starring Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, the Champions, Wolverine, Ironheart, Hulk, The Punisher and so many more!"

>glory days of Marvel starring Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez

Everybody in their old costumes. Except Thor.

The real Captain Marvel?

Billy batson?

and carol

Moon girl axed good.

Ms america left as the last sjw comic.

Obviously Luna is the new Moon Knight

Nah prob shunted to inhumans title.

Wolverine, obviously.

Nce cosmic cube reboot.

All I want from marvel are a handful of good series that I can follow that last for more than 12 issues before getting another Goddamn relaunch of getting ruined because a "This changes EVERYTHING" event kills the comic's momentum and gets it canceled.

Hey look, Thor grew his arm back.

It's gonna sink like a fucking stone

Well, you're in luck! In the New Marvel, get ready to enjoy great ongoings like never before! For starters, we've got Iron Man, as Tony Stark returns toBUT THEN WAR BREAKS OUT BETWEEN THE AVENGERS AND INHUMANS AND NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME! ALSO TONY WAS PART OF ISIS ALL ALONG! 10-MONTH EVENT! 7,000 NEW #1'S!

Ff isn't coming back.

>Who is Marvel's Wally West?
I heard the Richard Rider reveal at SDCC was a last minute decision they made because of how well received Wally coming back was.

I love Dick Ryder but he's fucking nowhere near Wally in terms of love. Legacy is going to bomb because when it comes down to it, no one REALLY cares about characters like Steve or Tony outside of Avengers.

Who cares? Same terrible editors, same terrible writers and artists, same terrible characters. Look at Resurrexion or the just released Venom #6 if you want a preview of Legacy. Nothing will actually be fixed. They'll just slap the bandaid of legacy numbering and some classic characters on the bullet wound that is the creative and marketing sides of Marvel while continuing to push characters nobody wants to see and overshipping and then they'll cry about how fans don't know what they want.

Nah.

Its gonna succed. Old elements, old corner box, old characters, old numbers.

Lotta lapsed fans might come back. Plus less sjw characters harming sales.

Fantastic Four you idiots.

There's three or four possibilities I think. The one with the largest impact is the return of the Richards family with the return of the multiverse now being in capable hands feeling like they can return. The formation of the Fantastic Four kicked off the Marvel Age and their reunion will jump start the new neoclassical Marvel Age.

The "oh shit" one is Mar-Vell. Maybe he's resurrected or thrust forward in time or whatever. He sees the state of the current Marvel universe, where heroes engage in war with one another and deadly cancer clouds only just recently drifted and where even Captain America fell from grace, sees how much his legacy means to people and decides to use that to act as a beacon and lead the MU into a bright and hopeful future.

Both of those would make good potential stories with, of course, the right creative teams and creative direction. This being current Marvel however I fully expect it to be either Bruce Banner or Logan (likely Logan since they blew their load on the fakeout Banner resurrection in Uncanny Avengers not too long ago) where the return itself is treated as the big deal and the aftermath of what it means (because it doesn't really mean shit) never enters the equation.

Doesn't this seal the fate of the new heroes? Who the fuck is going to buy Ironheart of female Thor or whatever with the real McCoy's back in action?

>glory days of Marvel starring Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez
That's why nobody should even be hopeful about this. Nothing's actually going to change with their output, they've only learned the most superficial lessons from fan complaints and Rebirth's success. They'll put out the same garbage they've been putting out for two or three years now, slap on the Classic Captain America skin and go "job well done".

I guess only 10 of the diversty replacement characters stay.

Another thing i wonder if marvel will actually drop politics for the first time ever. And will it be light-hearted like the mcu? Old marvel had many infighting matches with heroes.

I guess cyclops and xavier are still dead. While ff isnt coming back.

Could be a soft reboot via cosmic cube.

>Lotta lapsed fans might come back

For a whole issue before sales plummet and they plan their next marketing stunt that will change the Marvel universe FOREVER.

Theyre having the old characters with some of the legacies.

So thats only 10 of the new kids with miss america. I bet sam drops being nova.

Yeah, but no one's going to buy that shit. Marvel may be desperate for those characters to mean something, but they're not going to print books at a loss.

Sales wont plummet. Fans just hate too much change. Plus less diversity.

Anad changed too much like the liberal 90s.

Some of those books do sell. Miles does.

I guess they could share a book or just cram the youngsters in one avengers book.

>I bet sam drops being nova.
What makes you think that? I figured Marvel would probably try about 3 more volumes with him

With another major Spider-Man book and Venom getting a retro relaunch, I suspect that will change soon. Also, it already doesn't sell particularly well.

MarvelMan, obvs.

I can see it now, in Legacy, the Fantastic Four return because they saw some big threat in the great unknown and want to gather all the heroes to help defeat it. A year or two worth of buildup and it's a reheated version of Secret Wars with MarvelMan instead of Doom and Molecule Man.

Twitter reactions include, but are not limited to:
>Anyone who is saying marvel Legacy isn't just Rebirth is lying to themselves

>The big reveal at the end of #Marvel #Legacy will be that #DarthVader stole 10 years from the MU timeline.

>Before I clicked on the link I saw "Marvel Legacy" was trending and my first thought was "because it's tainted?"

>Please, please, please, please, @marvel don't relaunch Fantastic Four with Bendis as writer. Please!

>Nope, definitely not doing this cause DC's Rebirth event was a massive success.....

>exclusive first tease of marvel legacy
Pic Related.

>Marvel NOW, All-New Marvel NOW, All-New, All-Different Marvel, Marvel NOW (2016), Marvel Legacy. When does it end?

>Jason Arron saying there will be people of color in Marvel Legacy is about assuring as a promise as a hungry shark swearing it won't eat.

>Having now run out the clock on the cynical "NEW!" marketing push, Marvel now begins cynical "OLD!" marketing push
That one's from MovieBob. Even he isn't buying it.

>The difference between DC Rebirth & Marvel Legacy is that DC didn't have contempt to or actively alienate long-term reader before relaunch

>So how much is Marvel Legacy gonna cost, cuz I'm 100% down to try it as long as it's 2.99USD like Rebirth was.

>Marvel "Legacy" is bringing back Planet Hulk... What? Have they confused Synergy with Legacy?

>The timing of "Marvel Legacy" just a few weeks after they bemoaned "diversity" concerns me...

>Marvel Legacy seems to almost definitely be a way to try & smooth over this controversy without actually addressing it/firing Nick Spencer.

>It's funny how much of a blatant ripoff Marvel Legacy is of Rebirth. Right down to the fancy one shot w/ a crazy last page

>I'm not sold on Marvel Legacy. Until quality improves, I'm staying away.

>Been reading articles about Marvel Legacy. It sounds like a half-assed version of DC Rebirth.

>Just like any Marvel comic, I'll read Marvel Legacy 6 months after it debuts.

When did dkr come out 2012?

Critically, it will.
Financially, it will be a success when every renumbered issue is priced at $4.99.

>Jason Arron saying there will be people of color in Marvel Legacy is about assuring as a promise as a hungry shark swearing it won't eat.
This shit really rankles me. The characters are often times shit, created and thrown together with no rhyme or reason beyond appeasing people like this who then don't even read or buy the fucking comics the characters appear in.

>So how much is Marvel Legacy gonna cost, cuz I'm 100% down to try it as long as it's 2.99USD like Rebirth was.
That's the other thing about this too. Legacy #1 is a 50 page book so expect probably a $7 price tag at least. They will then continue to sell books mainly for $3.99 while the occasional (i.e. every two months) handful of slightly larger $4.99 or $5.99 books.

>"I promise you come the end of 2017, you'll be saying Make Mine Marvel," said D'Lando.

lol no

Nah. Its just fuck it we quit.

>An oversized Marvel Legacy special will kick things off
>It will be $7.99 plus tip

Wah wahh mcu fags.

Its only 11 diversty characters. Rest was no where to be mentioned.

Only 50 pages? Rebirth was 80 at $2.99. Marvel will charge $5.99 at least for this.

They can fuck off

My biggest concern is Aaron, he doesn't have nowhere near the same name Johns has and after what he did to Thor i sure as fuck am not trusting him with something about legacy

After how unceremoniously his solo was cancelled, as well as how he seems to just get left out in Champions cameos across other books (as is Tyke), I wouldn't be surprised if they just up and kill off his role as a Nova. Hell, I can even see Dick's return as being a part of this.

I'm sure Cosmic Book News will enjoy this development.

>"the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay"

If they had any sense it would be the Fantastic Four. They don't have anybody else they aren't already using. I mean it could be Wolverine but that is lackluster as fuck

Looks like they spoiled Secret Empires ending with this

>And Captain America was no longer a Nazi. The End

Wolverine outsells ff.

That doesn't mean those characters are necessarily going away or that all of them are staying. Legacy is likely, when, September or October? America #5 comes out in July and it'll be at #8 or thereabouts when Legacy debuts. If the sales crater with #3 or 4 then it'll likely end with #12 which gives Marvel material for two trades and delays it just enough from Legacy's launch (where she's a featured character) to not make it look as bad despite hwo much the taco brigade will bitch regardless.

Yeah I know but his return his hardly earth shattering. I'm already bored with this and it hasn't even started

>If the sales crater with #3 or 4

There's no "If" about it. In digital sales #2 dropped to below 300 in the charts. Marvel can overship and review sites can shill but nobody wants this shit

You're placing a lot of faith in Marvel to think they'll learn their audience doesn't like Sam.

That's the exact cut she has right now.

A fair point. But consider how Dick and Sam were featured in the initial promotional artwork for "Generations", then failed to receive a one-shot of their own.

Wow, Marvel Legacy! This will be my time to shine, with Deadpool by my side again.

... Right? Right?

True. I'm guessing when they made the line-up for Generations, Nova wasn't cancelled yet and they decided to not do one for them since that's what the book was about.
Maybe. I don't know the inner workings of Marvel. I'm really hoping the next ongoing for Nova is just Rich.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh MY god

this will TOTALLY happen

I think taking Sam away from Jeph Loeb did wonders for the character, but unfortunately first impressions are the most important. If you haven't read the more recent series, that's how Nova SHOULD have started.

Regardless, Sam had the lowest sales of any of the "Champions" cast with ongoings, I think, so to Marvel that means it's time to cull. If they do bring back "Nova" with Rich in the lead, then I can only assume they'd be doing so as a means of setting up movie synergy.

I think Jeph left of his volition. He also said he'd return one day. Thank God he didn't.
Truthfully, I think Sam was still pretty bad after Jeph left, but that's just my personal opinion.
I doubt there's going to be any Nova movie in the future. Yeah, I know Gunn said it was a possibility if Marvel studios wants to expand past GotG with their cosmic properties, but I don't see them doing it.

We all have opinions. Still, the last "Nova" series under Loveness/Perez is far better than its first series under Loeb. As for Loeb leaving, I'd assume he left on his own terms as well.

And while they probably won't bring a "Nova" film to theaters, it's possible he'll appear in GOTG2 or GOTG3. And if a twelve-second Thanos cameo in "Marvel's The Avengers" is enough for him to come back from the dead in that one story Bendis wrote, then Rich showing up in GOTG2 or 3 is enough to give him a new ongoing renumbered to either #1 or #222 or whatever.

Gunn said Rich won't be in GotG 2 all the way back in 2014, and I'd be willing to bet he won't be there for the 3rd one either.
Markus and Mcfeely both said they'd like to either out him in IW or write an entire movie for him, but the likelihood of the panning out seems pretty miniscule to me.
I do think some movie presence could go a long way for him and give him a huge resurgence.

More likely he pops up in Captain Marvel's movies, Perlman likes Rich.

For what it's worth, Rebirth was only $3 for the first printing. Later printings of Rebirth were around $5-6

Maybe we can get a new Mercs for Money book when Deadpool comes out with Wade, Gwen, Tasky, Evil Eye and Batroc. With the Hastings/Gurihiru team of course.

>the glory days of Marvel
>Odinson
>America Chavez
>Niggirl

They were also square bound, at least some of the reprints.

Yeah but I'm guessing most money was made off the initial printing.

As happy as id be i doubt it

That creates to much hype for the x-men

>235,791 units in May 2016
>8,436 units in June 2016
I think that's all for the first printing.

For what it's worth at least DC did an initial printing for $2.99. Marvels going to give you 30 less pages for over double the price. I can't justify the purchase. I don't know how anybody could

I think they're realizing that the In-Humans are a flop

They sort admitted that when Inhumans got demoted from movie to tv show

That was more Feign realizing that they wont get away with knock off X-Men and Ike being a massive fag