>Out Next Week:
Darth Maul #3 (April 26)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/-AIH28G2YRo

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

First for the wedding of the century

What's the point of this scene?

3 seconds earlier, it's not sunset, and 3 seconds later, it's not even fucking sunset

Didn't she betray and frame her?

What is she, /swco/?

apocalypse now reference
hack director apes critically acclaimed film to leech its popularity
>it aint sheev starts playing

fifth for the most beautiful imperial

Yes, and since lesbians are the most abusive relationships in reality, it makes sense that they would marry.

Yes, I know the reference. But they could at least be consistent with the time of day, for fucks sake

Pseudo-kino

you're right but that art ain't it

>consistency
>jj abrams

Hey /swco/, should I go back to rebels? I stopped when vader appeared because it got kind of fanficiony.

But lately I've been having a hankering for some extended universe stuff (that I can watch or play). And I dont feel like rewatching Clone Wars.

Should I continue on from where I left off in Rebels or is there something else worth watching/playing that'll get me over this brief Star Wars fix? Hell, I'm contemplating buying a SW lego game for a quick fix.

Is that really your biggest question about that picture?

Do both.

Would you guys marry a Hutt for money? I would as long as they weren't mean to me.

>mean to me
That's the least of your worries if you are marrying a Hutt.

Yes! I love fat chicks!

only if they turned me into a cute slave girl (but no risk of getting eaten or otherwise brutally killed)

you should watch rebels and enjoy it
you should also play eu games and enjoy them (except for SWTOR which is objectively terrible by every metric)

you think the sun can't be setting on another part of the planet? Like on Earth?

but JJ fucked up not using that as the official explanation and instead just said it doesn't make sense but it looks cool so he kept it. Tbf it is a really nice shot and doesn't ruin the scene even if it is a bit out of place.

Rebels season 2 is incredible, its well worth giving it another try. I know Vader showing up might give you a bad feeling about this, but they show him the respect he deserves, and he basically runs the Ghost crew off Lothal single handed

I'm desperately trying to remember the context of that shot but in the cinema I remember thinking it was a neat way to show the FO operating on other worlds.
I'm probably misremembering though

the skin texture on this one trips me up

1. Is Pre Vizla force sensitive? There is no fucking way someone can use a lightsaber (or rather, a darksaber) so well and even successfully withstand fighting Jedi with it unless they have Force-enhanced reflexes like the Jedi.

2. Why nobody on Mandalor suspected that the Black Sun attacks were staged by the Death Watch who conveniently showed up to save the day at the right moment? Are they all so stupid?

The Clone Wars season 5 is absolute kino btw, boy that ending hit me hard

Why because they might be crime lords? That's a harmful stereotype.
Okay.
I don't think Hutts eat people user.

You don't need the Force to use a lightsaber, just the same as you don't need magic to use a sword in real life.

>Barriss post burka
IT'S A TRA- *boom*

Quick question for anyone with knowledge of the EU: Was there any Skywalker who DIDN'T redeem themself after falling to the Dark Side? Even if only in a 'they came to realise the error of their ways' manner like Anakin.

it's either in the middle or in the beginning of the First Order's attack on Maz's place. So I mean if there was more context it could be that they arrived on another side of the planet where the sun was setting earlier and then during the battle the sun could start setting over Maz's place so it'd make sense, but instead it's just inserted between two shots in broad daylight.

Before the film came out I thought that shot was going to be in the opening scene and the sun would set on Jakku right before the First Order's attack. That shot would've been an incredible introduction to them in the film imo.

1. MANDALORE STRONK
2. They were following a blonde pacifist who wanted to remain neutral. So yeah some of them were.

Yeah, but if you are swordfighting someone who uses magic to help them fight and predict your moves while you can't do that, you're pretty screwed.

Several people in the cartoon use lightsabers without experience.

The shapeshifter manages to fight Ahsoka (rather briefly) with one.

Cad Bane takes Quinlan Vos's saber and fights Obi-Wan.

Hondo even manages to use a magna guard staff and have a go with Anakin before getting disarmed.

The main issue with using a lightsaber without training is that there's no weight to tell you where the blade is, so...you'd really think more of them would get cut or killed by their own blades.

no but their pets might

I'm pretty sure Jaina killed Jacen without him ever turning back to the light

he spent his life practicing with it and training against jedi powers, and such skill is enough to temporarily put a jedi off balance

I think that's kind of the point. Thrawn isn't human, and I'm really glad to see them doubling down on his uncanny valley look in the nu-canon
You don't need the Force to use a lightsaber, or to duel a Jedi with or without one, just the right skills and training. Having the Force helps, of course, but its not necessary

Well there was Luuke, does he count?

That would have been neat, panning down from the Finalizer to a lone TIE screaming out of the sunset and over Lor San's village and a worried looking Poe, before cutting to the night scene from the actual intro

It's a matter of duel duration. A sufficiently skilled swordsman can hold his own with a jedi expecting an easy fight for a time. But in the long run, the Force will always win out.

I think Jacen forced the issue, but I believe this is fact.

What kind of fringe benefits do I get?
Like, for instance some private time with the slave girls?

Well yeah, with enough skill you can withstand against a Jedi for a brief period of time, but Vizla has been doing it too often and in rather lengthy battles.

I mean what constitutes a Skywalker? Because the only characters that had the Skywalker name and used the Force were Anakin, Luke, Mara Jade, and Ben, and the only one who went to the dark side was Anakin unless you count Luke and Mara but they never went full dark side so they don't really count. But if you're including Leia and Han's kids then the only one to go to the dark side was Jacen and he wasn't redeemed. Jaina killed him and that was that.

Stamina's an issue as well, of course, but in general you're right. Dooku would have died when the nightsisters (who except for Ventress) were not probably trained in the use of a lightsaber extensively if not for that last bit of rage where he shocked the fuck out of them.

By Skywalker family, I assume you mean everyone descended from Shmi and not just the ones who bore the same family name?

If so, then yeah, there's a few dickheads in the bunch who we never really saw stop being dickheads. Jacen is the most notable example who died without really redeeming himself in any big way - the closest he got was sending out a warning to his wife to flee a biological agent that was gonna strike soon, which causes Jaina to see a remnant of the good man he once was but doesn't actually involve him returning to the light.

If not, then no. I don't think anybody who actually has the name Skywalker ever died without redeeming themself or being good to begin with.

Vizla's got that mandalorian faggotry where even though they're just normal people they can fight Jedi.

Jango killed a Jedi with guns, though, so, he's got worse bullshit than Vizla.

His goal was never to fight force sensitives with the thing. He used the Darksaber to have control over all the normal Mandalore humans who did not have the force.

he lucks out for a while, but his luck runs out pretty quick with maul

Don't forget Grievous. He has robotics to prevent stamina being a problem, but sooner or later, that artificially enhanced skill will allow Force users to learn his style and start piercing openings. Invariably, Grievous loses any lightsaber battle where he doesn't cheat, and even when he cheated, Obi-Wan killed him.

Not every Hurt is a slave owner.

His Force Ghost even tells Luke and Ben in FotJ unapologetically that he was absolutely firm in his convictions to the very end, does not regret it because he truly believes he was right, and that his remaining existence in the Force is basically "eternal damnation". His final act in life was to reach out to the woman he loved to warn her about the danger their child was in. A good and selfless act to be sure, but not an act intending to atone for everything he did.

Roan Fel

#notallhutts

The issue with Grievous is that he apparently cannot hear or control the Force (or his lack of biological components has incredibly dulled how well he can hear it). His reflexes may account for this, somewhat, but despite being trained in lightsabers he only seems to resist the Force with his strength

It should be noted, however, that he is actually in rather poor health and (at least in the episode where Fisto goes to his home) his parts can suffer from damage.

Does The Clone Wars have any ties into Episode III? Like how the old cartoon showed the kidnapping of Sheev

Jedi aren't blaster proof, underneath those robes beat hearts of flesh and blood, same as anyone else
Over coming the very much Jedi sponsored belief that they are unkillable is perhaps the hardest part of actually killing a Jedi

It was planned to, but the plug got pulled before we could get there.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga is going to be downloadable for free on Xbox soon. So if you still want to play that, and you have an xbox, wait until then to get it for free.

Also yeah, watch Rebels. Vader is treated with the same respect that Rogue One did. Nobody from the Ghost nor' Pheonix Squadron ever has a chance against him, and the finale of that season is amazing. He was just introduced to up the stakes, and force Ezra from his home.

Grevious was a fuckin idiot
>have the two Jedi and the chancellor trapped and unable to escape in that energy column or whatever the fuck he trapped them in on his ship
>have them completely surrounded by droids
>can have them killed on the spot easily
>"ok bring them to the cabin of the ship so I can show them my lightsaber collection"
>oh fuck they escaped

And before you say it was all part of Sheev's plan answer this: why didn't he just plan to have the three of them escape in Anakin or Obi-Wan's ships instead of intentionally getting captured and then hoping none of them are fucking killed by either the droids on the ship or killed in the explosion of the ship crashing on coruscant

How long could it last? The show was already at 6 seasons but the war itself only lasted 3 years, and even then it didn't cover the part where Anakin was still a padawan. How does it all fit anyway?

It was planned for 8 seasons, right up to and during ROTS.

Sheev was feeling cocky as shit after somehow convincing Dooku to let himself get killed by Anakin chopping his hands off and then decapitating him while not shouting "SHEEV IS A SITH LORD" before Anakin made his first ISIS video

he probably felt invincible, which he was because it was only the beginning of the movie so he knew the three of them had 0 chance of getting killed and could do whatever they wanted without consequence

>the show was 50 hours but the war was 3 years
I bet you didn't even enjoy Hogan's Heroes

If it makes you feel better, season 6 ends a few months before ROTS

Because Sheev is extra as fuck.

By being mostly focused on, at most, about a weeks worth of fighting per arc for the most part
But yeah, even by the end it was obvious the war was winding down as the Seppies prepared for a big 'do or die' push to Coruscant
I think the last season was going to cover the Siege of Mandalore (touched on a little in the Ashoka book) and then end with Anakin, Obi-Wan and the rest of the 501st being pulled out to defend Coruscant

>1. Is Pre Vizla force sensitive?
No.
> There is no fucking way someone can use a lightsaber (or rather, a darksaber) so well and even successfully withstand fighting Jedi with it unless they have Force-enhanced reflexes like the Jedi.
Yes they can. Lightsabers, in function, work almost exactly like real swords. The Force (through the crystal and blade) actually generates something that acts as a counterweight. So anyone who knows how to use a sword would actually almost do decently with a Lightsaber.

>2. Why nobody on Mandalor suspected that the Black Sun attacks were staged by the Death Watch who conveniently showed up to save the day at the right moment? Are they all so stupid?
It's not like they were in a position to refuse them. Satine's regime wasn't armed to repell Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate and the Hutt's simultaneously. I doubt they'd be able to do the same to a disciplined and trained military Force who's training is only exceeded by the Jedi and the Sith.

Also, it really helped that right after, promises were made to make everyone as mighty as the regular Death Watch goon.

a few months?? wtf I thought there were only 3 years between ATOC and ROTS. You mean the 6 seasons of TCW take place in just over 2 years?

It was planned to last until Season 8. Each season takes place over a few months in the war, with occasional timeskips.

The Clone Wars had so many characters and battles that they could cram so much into a few months without it being a problem.

The original ending (which is still being treated as canon) was going to be set alongside Revenge of the Sith.

The arc would open up with Ahsoka and Anakin talking, right before Anakin rushes off to save the Chancellor. Ahsoka, while not a Jedi, is now back and fighting for the Republic, and Anakin gave her half of the 501st with his blessing. They had changed their armor to orange in honor of Ahsoka. Rex is with them. Ahsoka would go to Mandalore to fight Maul, while Anakin and Obi-Wan went to get Dooku.

It's not completely clear how this arc was going to end, but most people speculated was that the original idea was that Ahsoka would kill (or seemingly kill) Maul, and then Order 66 would happen. Rex, who following the Fives incident had removed his chip, would help Ahsoka escape into hiding, ending the show on a bittersweet note.

She was a good girlfriend

Is my post so unreadable?

I would let my gf frame me for murder, that is what true love is.

You think somewhere in the Galaxy, Star Crash could be happening?

Did they say whether or not Ashoka would be targeted by Order 66 or not? Because as an ex-Jedi she wouldn't appear on their official registers anymore, and as an unofficial commander she wouldn't register as a potential threat to the Republic (assuming that the story of Order 66 being couched as a worst case scenario plan to eliminate Jedi who are trying to take over the Republic is still canon)

I mean it has droids, Jedi, notStormtroopers in silly costumes and blasters, maybe there's some fiefdom out there that the Emperor forgot to annex.

Whoops forgot pic

Technically, as the Clone Wars start in 22 bby, and end in 19bby, this could actually be almost 4 years.
22 bby - 1
21 bby - 2
20 bby - 3
19 bby - 4

She had the training of your standard Jedi, and holds at least some of their values despite her wake up call. If I was a rank-and-file clone trooper, I'd bust a tibanna gas bolt in her ass.

Ayyy lmao

I don't even like pops.

>that tax
WTF

I don't think we know for sure.

A few years ago when Filoni was first talking about this Mandalore battle, he seemed to imply that Rex helped her escape, which would imply that she was still targeted by Order 66.

But they haven't properly shown what happened yet. Only winks and nods, and a very small flashback in the Ahsoka book. They haven't shown anything of Ahsoka when the order came down, so I don't think we have a concrete answer on that yet.

So that's where the Humping Robot came from...

>I'd bust a tibanna gas bolt in her ass.
NO LEWD! NO BULLY! ASHOKA IS FOR HUG, NOT FUG!

California sales tax, friend.

I bet she wished Anakin fugged her

The burgers' pricing system is ridiculous. Normal countries have the tax already included in the price, so when a label says 10 you know you have to pay 10 and not 11-something

>I think that's kind of the point
Or maybe it's just babby's first photoshop.

and "normal" countries also take away half your paycheck so you can get "free" healthcare and education

but to be honest I'd rather live in a communist dystopia than experience the glories of capitalism on the same planet as funko pops

Ashoka would never cuck Padme, she is a hero not a home wrecker.

I've always thought that the second she was let go from the Order that Sheev probably added a special clause to Order 66 marking her as a priority target to lessen her chances of interfering with Anakin or stirring up rebel sentiments.

Or at least it seems like something he'd do.

She wouldn't cuck Padme, but she would participate in a threesome. Besides, she can go after the son ;^)

I don't think she ever even had a precocious crush on him. They went from having a strained apprenticeship to essentially being brother and sister without any murky uncertainty inbetween.

Maybe he had a capture order instead? This person clearly doesn't like the jedi, but would make a great asset to the inquisitor program if they could be turned.

Why are you this way? What happened? Who hurt you?

I want this pic to happen so much.
She survived the events of Rebels, r-right? Right?

SO I suppose it comes down to whether or not Order 66 was actually one of at least 66 preprogrammed general orders for the Clone Legions to follow in the event of one disaster or another, or if it was just Sheev being overly dramatic with his evil plan.
If its the first then Ashoka probably snuck away mostly thanks to not being a Jedi, with Rex covering for her
If its the second then Rex is quite possibly the only reason she managed to survive, considering how Sheev would absolutely modify the order to eliminate Ashoka in case she gets in the way of his plan for Anakin

I dunno, given his treatment of Anakin I think he'd prioritise cutting off any sentimental ties he had to the light once he had him broken instead of trying to gain another asset.

She died by crylo

well Vader says "we need not be adversaries" and we know the Inquisitor at least used to be a Jedi temple guard and EB, FB and SS were likely younglings or padawans before being inducted

The way it's going...she becomes a wolf

Quick! Cast young Palpatine for 'The Early Years: A Sheev Wars Story (2019)'.

If she did, not as a togruta.

As a wolf, maybe? I'm not sure what the fuck is going on
Old Ashoka being the one with the patience to teach Rey would be great though, and a real surprise.
Also I want Luke to refer to her as "a bit snippy, but otherwise alright"