Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NkLMSpDJH1A
youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4
youtube.com/watch?v=puSTFUMVUFY
youtube.com/watch?v=yrOSuY12Rrs
youtube.com/watch?v=TxEXvUGJqu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What was the point of this scene?

is this the only time in star wars where the fourth wall is broken ?

What's really bizarre is how perfectly confident he was including this scene, like how much time must have gone into storyboarding and rendering of this skeletal balloon creature strutting around in a way that is obviously meant to be sexual while singing in mandarin. George was a weird guy.

i loved that scene as a kid

because it was probably the non-cgi version

>Rian Johnson ruined the seri-

it fit with the place

>tfw old enough to have grown up without all of this garbage

AHH CHOO WEEEHH

it was a test to see if audiences would accept a 100% CGI character sharing the screen with real actors

a proto-jar jar binks

literally just a tech display

thanks sfdebris.com for teaching me that
you guys should watch his videos on george lucas, so fucking great

ooough i remember not liking this thing and being bemused/disappointed to see such an unbecoming display, but can't see this in the prequels, in my memory - this must have been in the fuckin special editions?

Fuck Lucas. The original was fine.

I've seen it in 1997. I was 9 years old. And I hated every fucking second of it.

I remember feeling embarrassed by this scene as a fucking 7 year old kid, how could anyone have thought it was a good idea?

>>I remember feeling embarrassed by this scene as a fucking 7 year old kid
Holy fuck me too. Incredible how bad that scene was, that it could penetrate the ignorance of a young child and make him feel transitive shame for watching something.

>that time that guy vocaroo'd this

Someone please post it.

I remember watching RotJ right before I started pubing out and it gave me a permanent bondage/slave fetish.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4
?

haha yes this is the one

i never quite got that scene

Yap Yap is superior ending music

fucking chimichanga killed me lol

A big fuck you to the audience ofc

better

I want her to kiss me and suck my dick

Same. The first time I cringed was when this scene came on. I was all alone too but I felt ashamed like someone was laughing at me.

youtube.com/watch?v=puSTFUMVUFY

Lucas: "It was meant, originally, to be a big musical number, which I thought would be funny in the middle of a Star Wars film.'

Well, he's not wrong.

...dude

>in the middle
>it's actually within the first ten minutes, making sure that everyone watching is embarrassed and uncomfortable to start off their viewing of a 2 hour long movie
Pottery

"It's like pottery, they rhyme."

Jesus Christ, I was embarrassed too, must have been eight or nine. I did not want to be in the same room as that scene.

I hope you're being ironic on purpose. This looks hilariously bad lmao. That's literally a dummy moved around with strings. The CGI looks bad too but not as bad as this.
OT apologists really are the worst.

love how her tip flops out while she's stuggling with jabba

Just to add character to jabba, What you think he just sits in his palace all day, he wants entertainment. He had a fucking pleasure cruiser which he has execution parties on ffs

No. You're fucking wrong. In the original the entire focus is on the slave dancers and Jabba. It's... a scene. It establishes Jabba's cruelty and the Rancor that Luke has to fight later. The alien puppet band is just backdrop and they're only seen in a few shots, they're part of the scenery/atmosphere. In the new version the fucking movie stops to have a big musical number, and it's awful. The scene with the dancer is pushed to one side and as a result the bad CGI sticks out like a sore thumb because it's so in your face. One of the fucking things (the termite-looking motherfucker) even sings directly into the camera at one point.

The fact that the puppets in the original are a bit crap didn't matter, you only see them briefly and they're not the point of the scene. The CG band is loathed because the movie fucking stops for their awful number and thus the audience is paying complete attention to them in their dated late 90s rendered glory. It's a shame because Lucas added another scene with the dancer actually in the pit after she falls in. He got the original actress, got her in full alien makeup and built a set. It fits into the film fine, arguably it sets up the Rancor even better. But no one remembers it because they're still reeling from the goddamn fever dream music video.

Disney fags will say this is shit even though it's no different to the kind of shit that's in Nu Star Wars

Can't I be old school and just say it's shit. I mean, it is shit. And I haven't seen any of the new movies other than TFA, which was... ok...? I guess?

youtube.com/watch?v=yrOSuY12Rrs

There was a club mix too. This is real.

And a disco mix too;
youtube.com/watch?v=TxEXvUGJqu4

SUCC

funny video, thanks for the laugh

I haven't seen a star wars movie in ten years and I think it's shit. Stop trying to do cognitive backflips because people are criticizing a filmmaker as shitty and commercial as georg.

Oh shit this is hard to watch

The original is so good. It perfectly fits the mood and atmosphere.

The SE version doesn't fit at all, completely ruins the mood of the scene and worst of all it fucks up the other audio in the scene.

I like how alive the animatronics look
the CGI looks cartoonish as hell but the practical singer makes me believe she's real