What are some good things that are hard to like purely because of their cancerous fanbases?

What are some good things that are hard to like purely because of their cancerous fanbases?

Samurai Jack

Hard to discuss sure, but if you have difficulty liking something that's because you're the Red Grim Grumbles of forming your own opinion.

Steven Universe

this, but the /sug/ specifically

Voltron

Is this from a kids classroom or something?

A non-autistic person would never allow themselves to stop enjoying a good thing because of something as trivial as a fanbase.

No show's quality is determined by its fandom. That's why they're FANS and not CREATORS, because they don't control the show.

I'll never forget the collective shit fit that was thrown on April fools.

Anything Sup Forums or Tumblr likes.

The horse show

>here is my argument and why I'm right
pone

/thread

It took me a while to realise that's supposed to be Trump because the body is skinny/normal.

Yuri on ice

The ponies, the goddamn ponies.

If it isn't neo-Sup Forums's inability to form an in depthful reply then it's the 20 something shitposters spamming the thread or GR15.

I also can't go on their board because it's full of said shitposters.

sadly yes. And people wonder why China is beating us in math

there's a ton of things I'll list off all I can think of not all of it is co related tho.some of these are things you get shit on for being a fan of

>anything by bendis
his Daredevil is possibly goat and his alias and ultimate Spider-Man runs were great. But since a lot of his other stuff is either bad or forgettable co treats him as the devil. I personally think he'd do a decent run on amazing Spider-Man and be a lot better than slot who coincidentally is #2

>Dan slott
starting out his Spider-Man stuff was pretty good. I personally really liked big time and ends of the earth. superior Spider-Man then really split people on slott. personally I thought it would be more well received if it lasted a bit longer but I think it wasn't bad overall.
>Kyle and Yost
I like Kyle and yost. Scarlett spider was the most upset I ever got at a book being cancelled. their x force fun is really divisive some love it to death others despise it because it's edgy. plus they get some shit for working on wolverine and the xmen even tho they gave us the greatness of season 1 of avengers emh.

>Peter David
his x factor and hulk stuff are fantastic. he gets a lot of shit on co to the point where there is a copypasta going around of Peter David hate (although desu it could all be one guy just pasting it in every thread ). I haven't Checked out his scarlet spider yet or a lot of his other work so I don't know if that could be why co hates him . some hate him because in his recap pages and letters pages he will talk about his family but I personally like that stuff. for example in his x factor he had a picture of his kid dressed as multiple man and I thought it was a nice personal touch.

shows
>almost every show with a general here has people hate it for it's fans
some of it doesn't deserve the hate it's fan base brings. personally I like star vs the forces of evil but it's fan base makes me cringe.

>any marvel show besides 90s xmen and avengers emh will get you hate on co.

Any show that people only like because they jerk off to it. I've seen some straight garbage get praise on this board only because the viewers are all perverts

this, have you all been to /coc/?

its all just ridiculos fapbait characters

>games

>undertale
really good game with a nice plot and characters but the fan base is awful and it brings about the opposite of the games message .

>call of duty
back when these games got popular they were fantastic. eventually they had games release nonstop and their fanbase became unbearable.

>assassins creed
it's fans are cringey fedoras and people that quote it and wear ac hoodies are common

>cancerous fanbases
Steven Universe
MLP
Call of Duty
Final Fantasy
Kingdom hearts
Undertale
FNAF
Overwatch
X-BOX ONE

>Burp god is not real morty
>But the devil is real
>Demons, ghosts and vampires are real
>Rick still loves and respect Jesus Christ
Doesn't this go against Rick character and the show lore?

Gender is for objects so by saying you have both a sex and gender you are literally objectifying yourself.

You could argue that Undertale is an extension of this one but I'd add Homestuck to that list. It was Tumblr: The Fandom before we got Tumblr: The Animated Series.

I thought it was because of black people and common core.

>this thread is actually being picked up

>GSM

as cancerous as everything about this is I would be ok if we started using this, I'm getting sick of adding letters to LGBTQTPP

Except Korra, where they managed to get an impled homosex ending to the series, even though there wasn't really anything implying that either were bisexual through the course of the series.

Sup Forums

Anything you like.

>Kingdom hearts

Are you sure? Sup Forums likes Kingdom Hearts and Sup Forums has no delusions about it being a trainwreck because Nomura is a hack. They enjoy the concept and some of the Disney fanfare, but that's it. Pretty chill.

So chill that Sup Forums made peace with the fact that KH3 is going to outright flop.

Coming to this God damn website that's for sure.

>browsing Sup Forums last night
>scrolling, Rick & Morty thread
>ignore it, immediately see another Rick & Morty thread
>see two other random threads while scrolling
>reload page
>five threads on the front page all dedicated to Rick and Morty shitposting

Jesus. Why do people on this site need to run stuff into the ground like it's United 93.

>browsing Sup Forums
I've identified the problem

Nobody takes burpposting threads seriously. They are their own meme.

> Sup Forums made peace with the fact that KH3 is going to outright flop.
Do you honestly believe this? Whether or not it's good, it's going to sell like hotcakes because the fanbase doesn't mind buying the same game 5 times while waiting over a decade for a proper sequel.

Assuming of course that they can beat HL3 to release

Those are the core fanboys. Those always buy anything like brainless sheeple. My argument is that KH3 is going to have so much blatant focus on the poorly constructed original story to the point it's going to turn off normies/casuals. And even among KH veterans? They're using KH3 as an exit point. It's essentially the "final" KH game.

Besides do you want to see new KH games where you get to explore such Disney worlds like....Moana? Current Disney is boring as fuck unless Gigantic proves entertaining. But Gigantic is just one movie for a world. So KH struggles anyway to keep itself appealing.

I just see the writing on the wall, Kingdom Heart's days are numbered.