Killing Ackbar is literally telling the old fans to leave and never come back

Killing Ackbar is literally telling the old fans to leave and never come back
Is a total unnecessary sacrifice, to piss the true fans of the saga
Fuck you, Rian. And remember this time, because you will be in the same position in 10 years. Disney will phase-out your beloved work the same way for a new cash-grab

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He had less screen time in the original trilogy than the bitch with the purple hair.

ITS A BRRAAAPP

> resistance member walks onto the salt flat, leaves red footprints on the white ground
> another resistant member seeing this decides to pick up part of ground Where he stepped and and kick it for some reason, spits it out.
>"salt

What did Ryan Johnson mean by this?

Oh shit we better say it's salt so people don't think we're trying to do Hoth again

Made me wanna stomp that bakka nigga's nuts. Fuck Rian and his """"meta"""" """""""comedy""""""" lines

>Die
>some bitch commandeers your ship
>the ship you and your race have graciously offered to the rebellion for years seeing many battles helping countless people
>cunt takes it
>wreck's it within hours
>ages of mon calamari blood sweat and tears gone in an instant
>not so much as a thank you

the entire race needs to jump ship at this point non humans are treated like shit in this new reesistance

Basically everything this movie does is try and trigger neckbeards so they will loudly whine about everything cementing a mediocre product as worthwhile for liberals and hipsters.

You're giving the mouse free publicity lads

Ackbar ackbar, infidel. Your lack of faith will be your downfall, kufar

Honestly at this point if I was a not-Rebel i'd sabotage the fleet and join the not-Empire.

Allahu Ackbar?

It was one of many very conspicuous "fuck you's". I think he got his answer.
>pssst, Rian, you will forever be known as the guy who killed Starwars and will be trolled for the rest of your career
All for being a smartass...

It's an intriguing idea but I'd suggest they're expending far more than the necessary effort to upset said neckbeards.

Did anyone really give a shit about him aside from trap memes? I do feel like switching him out with the purple lesbian would have probably been a vast improvement though

In my opinion, they want the most vocal core fans out, because it is bad publicity for this new SJW action fest blockbuster
they are the issue, because kids are easily brain-washed using happy meal toys and ads everywhere

I liked him. The trap scene is a fucking great

youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

RIPIP

It is just good old lore, man
In the next movie, Bobba Fett is going to be sodomized by a squad of black men
you know... part of the story...don't get mad

>kids movie
>caring about fat loser 40 year olds stuck in OT only mode

>they didn't have Admiral Ackbar do the lightspeed ram attack because muslims yell "ackbar" while running over Europeans in stolen vans

>Rian ITT

im assmad the resistance wont use Bwings. Also I fucking love the space-only cuts. The ST almost has the best space fights, if it werent for the brave inclusiveness and over-reliance on "cool" visuals instead of dramatic fights

But it wasn't tho lol. God you take everything too personally user.

It was so you would know why the there was red dust during the battle. They chose the red explosions as a cool visual effect, So they made sure to explain what it was so people wouldn't wonder why lasers suddenly cause red dust explosions and skimmers leave red tracks. Honestly you guys are really weird if you actually think the film was written to directly make fun of you.

You are retarded

no, YOU!

family movie, it's different

>is literally telling the old fans to leave and never come back

I'm beginning to think Disney and Kathleen Kennedy actually want this.
I used to think they simply took hardcore fans for granted and assumed that they'd always fill seats and buy toys, no matter how awful they made the movies.

But TLJ seems to blatant, especially with killing Luke and constantly harping on "letting go of the past". It's like the designed the movie around alienating the franchise's core fanbase.

I get that they want to make Star Wars appealing to girls and minorities, and to do that they need to make it quipy, accessible and full of flawless females. But they didn't necessarily need to do that at the expense of the original fans. The fact that they did anyway seems calculated.

Please stay in Facebook

arr rook same

Amen. Ackbar could have easily crashed the cruiser via hyperdrive 9/11. Would have been poetic.

it was literally because they thought the audience was too dumb to know it's not snow

Of course it is. The old fans are all racist misogynists because the old films were sexist and not diverse.
They don't want those kind of fans.

The transphobic space crab hat to die to pave way for nu-aliens

Well a lot of the audience are children who aren't really aware of how salt flats work. My point is that the scene wasn't about insulting haters using FGC slang.

>The old fans are all racist misogynists
>The old fans
>old

You got that right. Personally I doubt many of these people (who'd be in their upper 40s at least) care much.

>a lot of the audience are children who aren't really aware of how salt flats work

bless you, user

Ackbar was trying to warn us that the movie was a trap.

Imagine the meeting
>ok guys, we are going to kill Ackbar on this one
but... WHY??
>he.... man... he is old, you know
>who likes ackbar, desu, right?
he is just a supporting adorable man, what the fuck are you talking about??
>no no... who likes the guy.... he is ugly, and old... HE IS OLD
>his last name sounds like allah ackbar... so we kill him
well, at least they pay me... Chelsey needs her BMW hybrid for her sweet 16.... I guess I am ok with this
because HONESTLY WHO CARES about starwars at this point
ALSO KILL LUKE, LOL YOLO!!!
>wait til we get to that... Kathy has new ideas
>I heard Luke would have voted Trump

this much, user

I suspect there is a money motive here at play. Killing off OT characters ensures that in time Disney's characters will become the best sellers. Less money for Lucas through his merchandising rights, more money for the mouse instead.

Chewie and the droids days are counting. BB8 shall eventually reign supreme.

It's funny that you imagine some oppressed writer acting as your mouthpiece, all offended and scared that a fleet commander would die when they destroy a fleet. Ackbar is just a regular character, I don't understand where your heart sinks and you get all offended that he dies with his ship during a war. You read way too much into this.

I am honestly sure a woman decided to kill Luke and Ackbar
women are totally incapable of having compassion for men other than their children
this is scientific fact

He's just a poor man's Admiral Raddus anyway.

I still get chills when Raddus jumps the fleet to Scarif, on that suicide mission in Rogue One.

But no one likes minoritys, they smell and commit all the crime

>Ackbar is just a regular character
He is a literal piece of the Star Wars lore

>the character who everyone remembers for going ITS A TRAP doesnt recognize a trap when he sees one
>dies
>never learned anything from 6
>just dies because lol fuck you ackbar
>no natural organic progression of a fan favorite
>just death

disney really just loves killing peoples icons

He is a prophet and was predicting the alt-right's response to the film

and you love overreacting like a faggot. the actual subject's immaterial; if it wasn't star wars it'd be something else

>Entire galaxy is owned by the Galactic Republic, of which you are a member.
>Small cadre of imperial remnant called the First Order resists the dominion of the Galactic Republic, of which you are a member
>Call your movement "The Resistance"

That called for actual prophetic powers?

The actor who played as him died. It'd be more disrespectful to replace the actor.

worst of all, they will pull that crap when someone asks during a panel
meanwhile Chewi is probably a black man now, or a tranny

>The actor who played as him died.
so hard to just have another guy wear a huge frog suit huh

It's just not a big deal. They didn't disrespect or ruin the character, they just had him die during a war. It's pretty pathetic if you're actually heartbroken about it, you're just looking for any excuse to complain.

I had a toy of him as a kid except I didn't watch Star Wars until I was thirteen so he was the commander of the bad guys and he shot laser beams out of his eyes.
Shit was so cash.

>They didn't disrespect or ruin the character, they just had him die
why kill him, then? why? they could just ignore the character, like many others, so that the door is still open for a comeback, instead of literally killing the good old fan favorite
you can't be this blind, Rian

Because people die in a war, it would be really weird if they blew up the Resistance fleet and nobody died, it would lessen the impact of how the Resistance is almost completely destroyed during this movie. Were you really expecting an Ackbar trilogy?

Ackbar was just a regular character.

That's why he's memorable. The only Important "regular" Alien in Star Wars.

Characters like Yoda and Jabber were cool, but there were an air campness with them. It was sort of played as a joke they were a master Jedi or feared gangster

Ackbar on the other hand just feels like the sort of person you would expect to see occasionally in the universe. It doesn't come across as a Schmick. He's just this highly respected military leader who happens to be a fish dude.

No you faggots. Admiral's voice actor Erik Bauersfeld died last year. His iconic voice is gone. It made sense to retire the character.

Yep. Otherwise of course Sup Forums would be blabbering about how offensive and cruel it is to recast him, but of course people who don't know the situation will still sit here and claim a knife has been put through their heart because it's an easy complaint to make up.

>le its a trap guy
who gives a shit about this literal meme character?

>0.05$ have been deposited in your Disneychill account

Fans are telling you this was a mistake and you just don't care. Rather than explain your motive in a cohesive manner, you simply blame the fans and accuse them of complaining.
Disney with star wars is behaving almost exactly like WB has been with the DCEU. And look where that got them. You better fucking prey that the Solo movie doesn't end up as Disney's Suicide Squad.

Basically you and Disney have just entered a world of shit my friend. Take responsibility and fix your own shit instead of blaming the IP's core audience.

as if they couldn't find 10 fans at any SW convention who do flawless impressions

try to use your fucking head

>JUST GET A GUY TO DO A GOOD ADMIRAL ACKBAR IMPRESSION XD
Fuck off retard.

>you (and Disney) have entered a world of shit my friend
Holy fuck lmao, could you even be more impotent right now? I'm just a fan, and I liked the movie and didn't cry crocodile tears that they retired an old secondary character when his actor died. If that makes you want to threaten me, than that's your thing, but you've got nothing to threaten me with.

Now you're just saying anything you can to blame Disney for retiring a character after his actor died.

Nobody cares about this stupid fish except autists.
He was already fucking shit in the ot.

>worst of all, they will pull that crap when someone asks during a panel
Oh Jesus. I can see one of you bloated sweaty Star Wars faggots asking this at a panel now, and when they give you the logical answer of the voice actor being fucking dead, you'll still spill your spaghetti and go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT MY ACKBAR".

you're not even saying anything you little twat, what the fuck is your contribution here fuck off yourself

no I'm not, if they can have his character in this movie they can have him in any fucking other movie as well, would you use such a stupid excuse to kill off a hutt too or a droid? he's already in the fucking movie isn't he so what's the logic here? for fuck sake

He was an unimportant side character. Only aspies get buttbefuffled by this.

> they are trying to kill Nub right now

Flying with based Lando hopefully made him unkillable

your argument is ridiculously offensive to me.
This idea that because a voice actor died we should retire the characters he was portraying out of respect is completely beyond me. The way i see it is entirely hypocritical. Did they respected him while he was alive nearly as much? Did they pay him well on his little 1 mn scene in TFA? Oh but now that he's dead we're going to show respect to this gentleman yeah?
So much respect they couldn't show a glorified death on screen, and I guess so much respect demanded that not an OT character but a psycho rigid hair purple nobody told the audience about his demise.
So in the end fuck you with your respect. that's fucking rich. The entire movie is taking a galactic dump on the OT legacy but hey we showed respect to Ackbar's voice actor. just fuck you

Are you literally retarded? We've given you every logical explanation as to why they retired the character and yet you're still acting like a complete faggot.
>you're not even saying anything you little twat, what the fuck is your contribution here fuck off yourself
Says the faggot who's okay with replacing Erik Bauersfeld with a random jackoff at a Star Wars convention to voice Admiral. Again, fuck off.

>Fuck you, Rian.
Include JarJar, Kathleen in this as well. They're the ones who killed off Solo in the first place.
I'd include Harrison Ford as well, but they could have just chosen not to hire him.

why was chewbacca in the movie then mr "logical explanation" cocksucker?

Because you're sperging out over the theory of his possible inclusion in other movies, and he's just the guy who gives a command once or twice in an entire trilogy. You're demanding that everything revolve around keeping this character alive for no reason. Like a child you are keeping tally of fictional characters who die and taking personal offense that a fleet commander would die when they destroy his fleet. It's just a basic choice for the movie, to have characters die in a war. Does your satisfaction with this series really revolve around whether or not Admiral Ackbar is alive? You're hurt, offended that he wouldn't survive every little story you can think of? What's the deal, I don't get it. He was never a huge part of these movies and people like him for funny nostalgia purposes, but it doesn't make sense to be pissed that he doesn't get a permanent spot as some sort of background mascot character until the end of time. His actor died, they retired the character.

Because even though Peter Mayhew died, Chevy's voice actor Ben Burtt is still alive. Retard.

exactly. same reason why they retired Leia.
oh wait

Wow what a child. The character's actor is dead so they can't use him anymore, and you insist on a recasting, but why? Ackbar isn't critical, he's certainly not critical enough to keep around forever so as not to offend the petty sensibilities of people who refuse to recognize Star Wars without him.

She died after the movie was finished, and is a main character anyways. I don't expect she'll get much play in the next one.

Because they finished filming Carrie Fisher's scenes before she died you fucking mong. Erik Bauersfeld died before production on TLJ began. Jesus fucking Christ, please neck yourself.

I'm so sick of you autists refusing to acknowledge the overarching theme this movie had. Stripping away the old and making way for the new. Yes it was heavy hitting, the feeling you feel are intentional. It's buildup for the final movie in the trilogy. I can't believe you can't see that.

>Because you're sperging out over the theory of his possible blah fucking blah the post
what do you think you're replying to? what is this "because" a reply to? your own delusions?

to answer all your questions I will refer you to this interesting post you might have missed: there's still 2903 people who could do his voice perfectly, it's not an issue

Yeah because it's not like films haven't been made in that past which had contempt for their core audience.

t. Ghostbusters 2016

Fisher's died before the production of episode IX began, yet Leia will be in the film.

>there's still 2903 people who could do his voice perfectly, it's not an issue
You're not even paying attention to what I said. Ben Burtt, Chewy's voice actor, IS ALIVE. That's why Chewy is still in the movies despite Peter Mayhew being dead.

[citation needed]

No one is refusing to acknowledge that. What infuriating is that they executed it in the worst way possible.

>They chose the red explosions as a cool visual effect
Interesting. Considering in the same movie they had a fight scene with

red guards
with a red background
wielding red weapons

You would think they would have thought that visually this looks like shit, but I guess consistency isn't one of their fortress.

It's just not literally telling the old audience to fuck off. You're projecting some offense onto this basic death. The actor died and all of a sudden you're telling yourself stories about being bullied out of Star Wars because they didn't recast an actor you didn't even know was dead. Yes there is a lot of levity regarding the old movies in this new trilogy, they outwardly don't want to be burdened to tell a story that revolves around the old ones, but not recasting Ackbar isn't an attack on your appreciation for the old ones. Get over yourself.
Will she? I guarantee her part will be minimized for the sake of the film if she's included very much at all.

That throne room scene was so cringy.
Who the fuck thought that making the evil guys have Nazi imagery was cool and hip in 2017? Not even the OT took that bait and at their time it would've been still acceptable.

>they used red throughout the movie so the movie isn't consistent
Okay buddy.

>You're not even paying attention to what I said.
that's exactly what I did and why I moved to the other point you mong

literally just baiting at this point I'm out

Why was a VICE ADMIRAL running things in TLJ when she was outranked by Ackbar?

are they commie signaling a real life rebellion against Trump and white people?

>Peter Mayhew being dead
?

Tell yourself whatever you want, you're the one who feels attacked that not every background character survived this movie.

> Rose had to electrocute 4 deserters
> you are not allowed to decide if you want to die in a lost cause or not

I thought they were the good guys? They should have included a sabotage subplot instead of that retarded mutiny.