Marvel C2E2 Legacy Panel

>Marvel Comics is kicking off a new initiative this fall titled Legacy that will "embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward" in aaccording to Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada.

>Announced during the "Marvel's Next Big Thing" panel at Chicago's C2E2 2017 on Saturday, Legacy 's "bold new direction" will begin with an 50-page Marvel Legacy #1 one-shot by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic that will feature "the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay" (cue Fantastic Four speculation now) and will continue through with the publisher's long-running titles reverting to their original series or "classic legacy" numbering.

>“The Marvel Legacy initiative is a celebration of everything that makes Marvel the best in fiction and it’s a signifier of a new era for Marvel Comics,” said Quesada. “It’s a loving look at the heart of Marvel as we embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward with all the Marvel characters you know and love starring in the biggest, boldest, best Marvel stories. All of which kicks off with the giant Marvel Legacy special.”

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/34197-marvel-re-embraces-legacy-with-new-direction-original-numbering-throwback-extras.html
news.marvel.com/comics/63711/marvel-legacy-takes-hold-fall/
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/21/marvels-nick-spencer-idea-stories-escapism-todays-world-irresponsible-cowardly-argument/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>While emphasizing the storied past of the Marvel Universe, the publisher is also mixing in newer characters as well.

>"From there, the Marvel Legacy initiative spreads out across the Marvel Universe, showcasing epic storylines hearkening back to the glory days of Marvel starring Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, the Champions, Wolverine, Ironheart, Hulk, The Punisher and so many more!"

>The publisher said that Legacy will encompass the entire Marvel Universe, promsing "blockbuster new storylines" and its renumbered titles coming with "a renewed sense of hope, wonder, enjoyment and fun!"

>Marvel's Legacy initiative expands beyond just the stories and the issue numbers on the front cover, as the publisher plans to revive ancillary elements from its past such as the Marvel Value Stamp, the fan magazine FOOM, and corner box art on covers.

>Marvel said to expect information on the titles and their creative teams for both new and continuing series to be announced in the next few months.

newsarama.com/34197-marvel-re-embraces-legacy-with-new-direction-original-numbering-throwback-extras.html

This thing is going to cost $5.99 and not be returnable by retailers, isn't it?

>with the publisher's long-running titles reverting to their original series or "classic legacy" numbering
Honestly this alone is worth it. I miss seeing big ass numbers on the covers of capeshit. I'm sure they'll totally fuck up the count for a lot of big titles, but oh well.

Can't wait for all of the 'diverse' legacy heroes to crash as a result.

>and its renumbered titles coming with "a renewed sense of hope, wonder, enjoyment and fun!"
>Marvel's Legacy initiative expands beyond just the stories and the issue numbers on the front cover
So it's the same old shit with new #1's, like they've been doing for the past 5 years.

>implying anyone here cares

This is DC territory now fool

only this time the #1's are a number that they thought up with creative counting, I wonder if they will include Ultimate Line numbers to make them higher, in an effort to beat DC to issue #1000

This is like the third time this has happened, I remember Spider-Man getting shuffled into a fresh renumbering, but then it reverted back to the classic numbers for issue 500. It's the reason why I was laughing when everyone was screaming that secret wars was a reboot because of the fresh #1s.

If they use multiple titles for a single book that'll really rustle my jimmies. You should only include "volume 1-x" of "Title Y."

So Amazing Spider-man would count:
>volume 1: 441
>volume 2: 58
>volume 1b: 200 (maybe the 9 .x issues?)
>volume 3: 20 (maybe the 8 .x issues?)
>volume 4: 26 or however many there have been now (maybe the 6 .1 issues?)

No Spectacular, no Web of, no Team Up... MAYBE Superior, since they weren't running concurrently.

So ASM renumbered should have ~746 or maybe 769 if they count the point x issues. I knew Marvel was fucking themselves up down the line when they did that, especially since there's no consistency -- sometimes .1 was just marketing (9, 10, 11, 12.1, 13, 14...), sometimes it was a bonus issue (10, 11, 12, 12.1, 13...), sometimes it was just a miniseries (1.1, 1.2, 1.3...) -- it was fucking retarded to be honest.

Yeah, a lot of the legacy numbering returned about a decade(?) ago now. Fantastic Four, Captain America, ASM, Thor, Iron Man...

Then #1 after #1 after #1 for like 5 years. I think Marvel finally realized that people stopped giving a shit about #1s.

>in the biggest, boldest, best Marvel stories.
I doubt all three.

>The publisher said that Legacy will encompass the entire Marvel Universe, promsing "blockbuster new storylines" and its renumbered titles coming with "a renewed sense of hope, wonder, enjoyment and fun!"
Spencer? Where are you now?

This will sucks like every shit relaunch in the last 6 years. The problem is Bendis, diversity and legacy characters. Everyone knows.

you sad fool with your sad lies

as long as they keep pushing the Inhumans, I'm all for it!

>the Earth-shattering return of a beloved Marvel mainstay
Captain Wolverine is coming back to Earth

Finished for good like the inhumans push.

Spencer twitter rant on how this is totally not DC Rebirth when?

>said quesadilla
how is this asshole not dead yet?

Yes cosmic cube reboot.

>Inhuman pushed is finished
>just announced another book

>>All your favorite Marvel characters!
>>AND MOON GIRL!

>Thing
Don't play with my heart, you assholes.

news.marvel.com/comics/63711/marvel-legacy-takes-hold-fall/

>"embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward"
>Legacy 's "bold new direction" will begin with an 50-page Marvel Legacy #1 one-shot
>“It’s a loving look at the heart of Marvel as we embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward
>emphasizing the storied past of the Marvel Universe, the publisher is also mixing in newer characters as well.
>renumbered titles coming with "a renewed sense of hope, wonder, enjoyment and fun!"
DC should sue them.

Man, Quesada really should draw more stuff. He's way better at that.

>Spencer? Where are you now?
Can someone post the twitter screenshot of him attacking Rebirth and then getting rekt?

Ok I'll admit that'd make a bitchin' poster

This will amount to be a big fat load of nothing if they keep the same creative teams. I mean they aren't relaunch anything and its just a renumbering of a bunch of shit so its not a great jump on point either

>>Wolverine coming back
Hmmmm

>>>AND MOON GIRL!
and don't forget about Riri''smarter than Hank Pym, Bruce Banner and Tony Stark put together'' Williams

I think we finally hit critical mass, because now this new initiative is offering nothing new. It's just keeping the same slate that everyone is already bored of.
Look at this sht. Not a single new face to get excited for.

Maybe this is partly why he has been bitching more on twitter again

bleedingcool.com/2017/04/21/marvels-nick-spencer-idea-stories-escapism-todays-world-irresponsible-cowardly-argument/

I hate Bleedingcool for their clickbait, but they did collect the tweets

>but they did collect the tweets
No, they didn't. Rich the Leech did what he always does and just posted shit he saw here. He "collected" those tweets from Sup Forums threads.

jesus they got even the 'beloved character returning' part

watch they pull the 'watchmen' part as well even considering they dont have a watchmen tier story

I actually missed the thread about this (wasn't around yesterday), can you link it?

miracleman responsible for new universe when

>they dont have a watchmen tier story

>watch they pull the 'watchmen' part as well even considering they dont have a watchmen tier story
Sheev stole the moral compasses from the whites to take over 616

That isnt watchmen tier thats shit tier

Marvel has built their legacy on ripping off DC for their entire existence. That's just how it is.

Fans dont want new. New tanked in sales.

>it's the Rebirth one-shot, but with the F4 taking Wally's place

THE HOUSE OF IDEAS

Its alans best work besides his superman.

Americans don't like because xenophobia of uk.

Who's that handsome gent in the top left corner?

>That isnt watchmen tier
You're right. It's better.

this is just marvel Convergence

So does keeping the same character lineup for the past 2 years. The Marvel Universe is shrinking, and it's going to bore people out of reading.

It's Carl Danvers.

>miricleman is good
Its pointless edge and boring. And then the utopia is even more boring and pointlless

Is that Black Widow riding Lockjaw? The tits are way too big to be Kamala and that looks like her gauntlet thing.

But they just removed them all. Nearly every classic is gone.

And no. Fans only want old characters.

You are boring, and its not Edgey.

It does look like her wrist things. If it is supposed to be Kamala (which I doubt), it could be like that DIVIDED WE STAND promo picture that had everyone drawn in weird proportions

Best dad.

There are a couple of people they could bring back but most would not make people happy/move sales:

Fantastic Four: no one buys the book anymore and more to the point, only got a spin-off book under Hickman as a vanity project. Their departure is huge but would it REALLY fucking make an impact?

Pre-OMD Spider-Man/Mary Jane: Would require a HUGE fucking ass pull but would be a huge fucking moment to get people excited, though it would mean Marvel would have to eat crow on BND/Slott and that's one hill they would die on than concede they were wrong all along.

Wolverine: OK except Wolverine really never left due to Old Man Logan. Plus his return would not create any waves, since Scott is dead and Wolverine isn't THAT axe crazy that he'd want to kill off the Inhuman Royal family for what they did to mutantkind.

Thor using the notion that the real Thor has been dead/exiled since Fear Itself? Would require a massive asspull again. Plus we know Thor's coming back anyway.

Tony Stark: Coming back already, though the cynic in me sees them possibly holding off his return for the sake of propping up Bendis' fragile ego so Riri can get an extension before being shuffled off

Adam Warlock: He's been a non-entity since the DnA Run and only made appearances since then in Starlin's rather masturbatory Thanos one-offs that have had him on the fringe. A Starlin Adam Warlock ongoing that had huge impact on the Marvel Universe could be in the offering.

Professor X: Bringing him back would be a feel good moment but then what?

Jean/Scott: nostalgia and a cue to get rid of the timelost O5 at long last but then what?

Captain Mar-Vel: Would be interesting but Marvel keeps tripling and quadrupling down on Carol. Only way this works is if they bring him back as Carol's love interest/supporting cast member. Or stick him with Kamala, so they can push her into more traditional super-hero stories

>still putting Carol on the front of everything

I'm way more okay with this than I should be and I am disgusted by that fact.

oh well

they will do it, dont they?

>no one buys the book anymore
No one buys it because THEY DON'T SELL IT. The sales were great under Hickman, and still sold well enough under Fraction. Even under Robinson, it sold better than most of Marvel's books sell these days.

>They go back to Legacy...
>Bendis totally makes up his own shit and ruins history of more characters he touches

They need mega autistic editors that will beat the hell out of any writer/artist doing bullshit that ruins continuity or character personality. That is my #1 issue with how things have been over the last 20 years.

Carol is the best, makes sense. Should be front and center instead of Steve though.

Hair is getting longer though. Come MVC release it will be long and we will get our megathigh queen back

It's Wolverine. They jsut spoiled it in their Marvel article.

I remember when F4 ended and Future Foundation took its place. When F4 came back it was jumped up to 600 issues, having the FF issues counting towards it, and then FF continued as well. So those FF issues counted towards two ongoings.

>"embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward"

So...I'm not the only one who sees this as an oxymoron, right?

What makes you think they would sell well now, then?

Why even bother with SECRET EMPIRE, we all know its going to get reverted for this... just in time for the movies to push again

Marvel has a deal, rumored to be set in stone and legally irrevocable, that NO ONE. NO ONE can touch Miracleman until Neil Gaiman finishes the Silver and Dark Ages.

Also, Marvel will probably not touch on someone "corrupting" their universe given that A. They've explicitly stated Reed and Sue and the Future Foundation Kids are responsible for rebuilding creation following Secret War and B. it would mean admitting shit like Sam Wilson going SJW, Iceman going gay, Carol as Captain Marvel, Whor, Riri Williams, Miles Morales, American Chavez, Nazi Cap, Inhumans getting a free pass on trying to mutant genocide, One More Day, Superior Spider-Man, the O5 X-Men in the present, Miles Morales, Pymtron, etc were malicious acts by outside parties/ideas done explicitly to "harm" the Marvel Universe.

Ff is done. You might get a thing two in one book.

You clearly haven't been in a movie thread lately. Or an Injustice thread, or seen the mass shilling for Starwars on every board. D*sney interns have their hooks in deep, they just don't give a fuck about comics.

>no editorial plan
>no change-up of writers
Nnnope.

>written by bendis

>P1 and P2 colors
Isn't Devil Dino too big to be in MvCI?

I mean, it's Marvel. They're so shameless and desperate for money even by corporate standards, and creatively bankrupt, that it's all plausible.

>somehow no Jubilee,Jean, Iceman or Cable who have their own solos

I guess marvel continue with the x-men bs...

>Americans don't like because xenophobia of uk.
Do Britbongs actually believe this exists? Americans fucking love the UK.

Train wreck plus the notion that Secret Empire, give what we know, was most definitely rewritten to set up MMM, meaning that shit like undoing Pymtron and the return of the Classic Avengers will take place there.

>"Legacy"
>No Nova
You can fuck right off with that.

Wolverine is there. Storms up above.

Deadpool.

X-Men at this point, exist solely to offset the SJW cancer killing the Avengers line in terms of chemo drugs that provide much needed cash infusions to keep Marve alive while the SJW cancer kills off the non-X-Men and non-Spider-Man parts of the body.

They seriously need an editor that has MCU level control of all things that can specifically remember character history

They were planning on getting rid of the X-men and only made those titles to save face. If people complained as much they'd bring back the F4 as well.

Nova has his own book with Rich and Sam and it's great. I hope that it will last a-
>already cancelled at #7

Seriously though, they might have ignored Nova because they had their own "legacy" series going, but that is cancelled now

Aquaman is just a Namor ripoff

You mean She-wolverine.

Whos gonna know everything past 75 years?honestly rather have a soft reboot.

No actual wolverine.

You bigot.

Yup, I have this poster on my wall... 2 venom yet NOT A SINGLE X-men or FF. Previously they were all on it

Oh yeah!
I can't wait to explain to people why Amazing Spiderman number 283 is succeeded with Amazing Spiderman 826. That's gonna be a fun and not at all convoluted and ultimately pointless conversation.

>Marvel blatantly trying to copy DC Rebirth
>"L-look guys, all of your favorite characters are back"
>It's still literally just all the same people working on the books
>same artists who don't matter anyway
>same writers
>same editors
>same people in charge
God I hope people don't fall for this

meh, nowadays 10yo girls alre already thinking at the very least about sucking dick.

My mom is a school teacher and I know stories involving 12yo girls getting pregnant, scaping their home to live with 40 something dudes, drug related shit, you name it

There's got to be a person out there with editorial skills that has gone back and red like every back issue ever. I mean it wouldnt be that hard nowadays, you could literally find any issue you wanted online (for free) and read it in an instant

I noticed the extent when I bought Marvel Munchkin and it had everything except F4 and X-men. There were Inhumans and GotG.

YAAAS MY GIRL AMERICA IN THE TOP ROW

>Long Hair Carol

DC comics, sure. The DCEU? The fuck outta here, user.

That was before they were even called Marvel Comics. Marvel's entire history is just copying what DC does, just doing it shittier.

>Thor, cap, Falcon and Peter look so tired of this shit
lol

>YAAAS MY GIRL AMERICA IN THE TOP ROW

Best girl on top!
Someone should storytime her comic to celebrate!

One for twenty, good job bud.