ITT: Characters everyone thought would be more important than they actually were

ITT: Characters everyone thought would be more important than they actually were

And the paranoia continues

No one seems to be posting so let's just make this a Jackie Lynn Thomas memorial page

RIP, you were a fine plot device

She'll be very important in season 3 once they visit the underwater kingdom.

This. She's not in the intro for the same reason Toffee wasn't in it for either S1 or S2: including any hint of her role would be too spoilerish. Can't have any hints this early of the impending Mewman-Seaple War.

That was disappointing.

This feels appropriate. God damn it, what was the fucking point. Why waste a character like that?

>. Why waste a character like that?
le bad writting

>inb4 someone post jack

She was a catalyst. Nothing more.

Though people are more upset because, even though she lacked depth, she wasn't so utterly devoid of any interesting personality that no one would care if she disappeared. She had set interests, she understood WHY she liked Marco, she tried her best to make him feel comfortable, and she even showed some range of emotion in Starcrushed. Thus, getting rid of her completely at this point seems less like getting rid of unneeded baggage, and more like an insult to a good character who did nothing wrong.

I'll be pissed if her role in season 3 amounts to fuck all.

Try and top this bitch

>don't watch AT but know she exists
What happened to her?

Breaks up with finn and then pretty much stops being relevant iirc

I think she's shown in the elements (upcoming arc) trailer where she does have a role of sorts

I mean, she's not that bad. She's the Fire Elemental and is tied to most of the Elemental plots, she runs her own kingdom and that gets focus sometimes, and she had an adventure with PB.

She largely suffers from the show having such a bloated cast of nobodies, and her losing her main pull to the spotlight. But she gets decent focus compared to many others.

The notion of an organized priesthood at the time of Exodus was probably retconned in later

I miss Jaccie already.

I can only imagine what a hassle it will be to push her out of the picture.

Makes perfect sense for her to start putting on weight and falling into depression after Marco dumped her to chase Hekapoo and other interdimensional hotties.

Post more fattie Jaccie.

>an organized priesthood
>Exodus
>Jews in general
u wat

That's what some characters are only born for. For their childhood to their current self, their only purpose is to serve as character development for the MCs. Nothing more than that.

Jackie is disposable. That is all. Janna, Tom, Brittney (she's just a background character at this point, like Marco' friends), they're all nothing but interactive plot devices for Star and Marco.

They're just nothing. Their lives don't matter.

Jasper

I don't really mind though, because I love the trope of egotistical villains becoming complete fuckups

Also Wendy's family in gravity falls. Her mom is dead, her dad manages raising his kids by being a hilarious macho man all the time, and she has a tonne of brothers who are never even touched on.

I remember way back when Season 1 was first airing, there were at least three different theories that said this guy would be the new "Zuko" of the group.

Jasper, Peridot, and Lapis are all wasted potential.The entire show is wasted potential.

People thought Wendy's family was going to be important at all?

No! It can't be true! Why was best boy born to suffer? He deserves love and a better life, god damn it!

>The entire show is wasted potential.

Truer words were never spoken.

Yeah, most people expected Alex to not be such a hack and develop his secondary characters a little more, but of course, he dissapointed as usual.

Nobody's life matters cuh

Except Janna and Tom are still sticking around.

Goddammit, he would've been far superior to Asami as the non-bending party member.

It was implied that he would be added to the main cast (or at least become a recurring character).
He only appeared in two episodes...and his existence isn't even acknowledged in Chronicles.

Characters only delusional idiots thought would be more important than they turned out to be until season 4

what toy commercial is this from

Did season 3 start?
Is jackie confirmed dropped? Will the Starcuckposting finally stop?

Eeh, he was just kind of the standard bully character during the time we saw him. I think having a former bender adjusting to a life without their abilities would have been an interesting arc, but I assume he got his powers back at the end of the season.

They didn't waste her. They used her exactly as expected. You're the ones who put more value than you needed to on her. In terms of the story, she played out her role perfectly, heck I'd say they went above and beyond

That's exactly what I'm saying. Having the arrogant bully character taken down a peg by getting de-powered would've been very interesting character arc. But no, instead he's a saxophone player.

No lasting influence of her own, just an "obstacle" that they went through the trouble of giving a likable personality so that ditching her would piss the most people off.

And now they're gonna develop fucking Kelly but somehow find giving Jackie anything else impossible.

Can't say for sure but this is legitimately concerning some people

But Marco is best boy. Ferguson was the butterball character that didn't really pan out.

Marco is a pretty good boy, but I don't want to have to share him with the rest of his harem.

Sauce?

Too soon

What happened?

Literally all of the supporting cast in Gravity Falls.