The Best of Wonder Woman

Part 13 - Land of the Dead

youtube.com/watch?v=XKJbjl9LcXo

Not caught up to the thread? No worries! Each of these stories, with a few exceptions, is relatively self-contained. Though obviously the more you've read, the more you'll like it.
You can start with any writer you want.

Part 1 - Gods and Mortals (George Perez)
Part 2 - Challenge of the Gods I-II (George Perez)
Part 3 - Challenge of the Gods III (George Perez)
Part 4 - "Taco Whiz" (Bill Messner-Loebs)
Part 5 - The Contest (pre-Crisis)
Part 6 - The Contest (Bill Messner-Loebs)
Part 7 - The Challenge of Artemis (Bill Messner-Loebs)
Part 8 - Paradise Lost + 1988 Bonus Books (Phil Jimenez)
Part 9 - Paradise Found + Girl Frenzy: Donna Troy (Phil Jimenez)
Part 10 - A League of One + The Golden Perfect (Christopher Moeller, Joe Kelly)
Part 11 - The Hiketeia (Greg Rucka)
Part 12 - Eyes of the Gorgon (Greg Rucka)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/rwqrasp45cfsxu9/AACi5mhCeheYFvp-L9juE0t5a?dl=0
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91303244/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91309099/
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jill_Carlyle_(New_Earth)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Featuring RAGS MORALES and MICHAEL BAIR from the Dr. Light May Cry™ series!

dropbox.com/sh/rwqrasp45cfsxu9/AACi5mhCeheYFvp-L9juE0t5a?dl=0

Is Rags Morales the hip young diverse Ragman replacement?

It looks like the first two threads are dead now, so you have to go to the archive to read them.

>Part 1 - Gods and Mortals (George Perez)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91303244/
>Part 2 - Challenge of the Gods I-II (George Perez)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91309099/

He's the Amalgam universe version of Miles Morales and Ragman, yes.

This reminds me of that opening scene in BvS, where it's all fun that Superman is saving Lois Lane, but the stuff actually going on around them is insanely depressing (terrorist executing guys, sexual slavery ring)

I got fucking LIT last night, jesus. I only wanted one tequila + juice. It's really true that the more you drink the harder it is to tell how much you're drinking.

I think this is the only Hades redesign I've ever loved.

I mean, when you start off with tequila...

Can I ask your opinion on BvS if you've not answered it already/it's not gonna shit up or trigger the thread?

Dude, I watched BvS for the first time a week ago (extended version), and reading about the differences between the versions leaves me at a total loss. It's a complete failure of Snyder editing that much crucial stuff out, and WB for letting him film that much

Ehhhh I'd rather not get too into movies since they're a shitposting magnet.

There are things it did that I thought were great and some that weren't great. I really appreciate what they were trying to do by making something a bit more than just popcorn fare, something like The Dark Knight was, but it just didn't really make it there.

The thing that killed it was all the Justice League "setup" stuff shoved in. Wonder Woman was awful and exactly what I don't want Wondie to be but Gadot did fine with what she had.

I can't say much as to its quality as a movie because I'm not that smart, but as a comic fan, it's enjoyable but not great.

At the end of the day I don't know if I can even watch it ever again just because the shitposting has driven me so insane.

>At the end of the day I don't know if I can even watch it ever again just because the shitposting has driven me so insane.
Sup Forums.txt

This run makes me really interested in Cassie. She has the potential to replace Vanessa as my daughterfu.

Yeah, the other day my dad and I were rewatching the Dark Knight Trilogy, and I couldn't help but snicker a bit when we reached the opening scene of TDKR. Fucking memes.

I will admit I never get tired of Baneposting.

What I was gonna say. The plane scene is basically just a comedy now.

She's a big god

>ywn have a pizza party with Nightwing and Conner

Diana stole this look from the new Crimson Avenger

>thumbnail
m-moot...?

>that thumbnail
lolwut

moot's dead

It would be Tim silly!

Nightwing was running a secret Outsiders I think at this time, or it could have been the end of that Titans series (where Donna died)

Speaking of minority replacements no one fucking remembers...

This stuff was covered back in one of the Perez threads, if y'all remember!

His ghost still haunts these servers

Tim's not a hot slut like Dick, but good point about him being on Outsiders at the time.

Desu I find a lot of the god designs in WW underwhelming but I like seeing different takes.

Ironically she could have been kind of cool, albeit really Linkin Park edgy, if she had more than like one short arc in JSA and barely any other development.

I legitimately don't know. Who is replacing who at this time?

I mean her thing was literally crying blood and talking about how numb she is while her Devil May Cry guns kill everyone

Talking about the black lady Crimson Avenger from Johns' JSA
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jill_Carlyle_(New_Earth)

I was playing Subnautica and fell into the Void (unfinished area with no floor) in my Prawn suit, and all I could do was sit there and fall eternally waiting for the pressure to very slowly kill me.

It was hilarious just watching myself plummet endlessly.

OK so this issue I'm auto-dumping while I grab some pizza, as I am wont to do.

>She used to study law but when she became a lawyer she lost a case in which the defendant was clearly guilty. Jill obtains a pair of Colt pistols originally owned by the first Crimson Avenger (Lee Travis) and uses them to exact vengeance upon the criminal. These guns are cursed such that, if the possessor uses them out of revenge, he or she will be cursed to track and kill those who have taken innocent life. As part of the curse, an ever-bleeding bullet hole appears on her chest.
kek

shit, Kate Spencer did that without needing to be cursed.

I love the sound of the Nexus-ish visions of death and inherited skills of the victim though. I should look up the comics she's in.

And to think Connor would be dead just a few months later.

Speaking of the Underworld in general, I have forgotten about how Gaiman reconciled having the Underworld (for Orpheus) and Hell existing at the same time

Nevermind, it looks like Morrison made Hell and the Underworld two distinct things

Hey Tex.

>that disgusting feel when I actually gave out some recs today
It felt dirty and induced more than a few dry heaves. I'm still cleaning the occasional blood drip from my ears.

That motherfucker had better be reading all that shit.

What did you rec?

Different user here, there was a guy asking about starting points for Batman and Superman

The usual WW stuff, some Birds of Prey, Legion, Katehunter, etc.

Oh my god, between this and your apology last night you really are not muh cranky

He's got kind of a Samedi look going on, I like it.

That mouth in the first panel...jeeezus.

The imageswap mistakes are coming back, and I love it.

Eh, you know me, go hard or go home.

Like seriously, you expect me to make this big, heartfelt speech by only to not follow through? Fuck that. I've storytimed Crash Bandicoot Retold twice, I can keep a pledge to be less of an ass.

Those swords are really shiny. Hades must have the skeletons polishing them all day.

If only Kipling had accepted mr. Stone's offer, his son might have lived.

I should really continue to re-read The Unwritten

Pizza store killed Texas

Fucking alt-righters.

Sorry for the huge delay.

I did too, actually. When someone asks nicely and is legitimately enthusiastic it's hard not to.
Hell and the Underworld are aspects of the metaconcept "the Pit". You go to whichever one you believe in when you die. IIRC though Gaiman's Lucifer was like Dream in that he embodies the concept itself, so while Hades and Satan rule their own versions of the Pit, Lucifer rules both of them.

Like how Nekron is a ruler of death, but Death of the Endless is the literal concept of death, so is above Nekron.

My cats are really fucking upset about not getting to have pizza, what the fuck

Wait, Hades is just the Shade, isn't he?

Did you ever read the Lucifer solo series Texas?

The Gaiman one or the new one? Well, neither actually, though I have it on my shelf.

To be perfectly honest, I still haven't read the last two trades of Sandman, which I've had on my shelf for years. The last time I read the series I was probably not even old enough to drink so it's probably high time I re-read.

>I did too, actually. When someone asks nicely and is legitimately enthusiastic it's hard not to.
Pretty easy to tell them to fuck off, actually, since the current state of the board indicates that nobody actually reads the comics that are rec'd to them.

We can only hope that I'm wrong and that person is making themselves less of a filthy casual and reading the stuff that was pitched to them instead of just using the titles to rattle off to their non-nerd friends who think that shit is impressive cause nerd-chic is a thing now.

And that was years before I had started getting into DC, so I didn't know that Dr. Destiny was a JLA villain, or the allusions to the JSA Sandman, or any of the stuff about Hector Hall and Lyta, or any of the references to old DC horror. I would definitely appreciate it much more now.

Carey's late 1990s to 2006 run. I would heavily recommend it, but also finish off Sandman first. Reading it before finishing Sandman wouldn't necessarily spoil Sandman, but you will probably notice some details about the ending of that if you pay close attention

I was gonna say it here, but They at least go to the same tailor.

See, in high school was when I went through that "I'm much too mature for superheroes, I only read graphic novels now!" phase. I bought the entirety of Sandman, Lucifer, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, all those ones people rattle off when they say "Shazam! Ka-pow! Comics aren't just for kids anymore!"

But then never actually finished Sandman, and thus never moved onto Lucifer.

No more Wonder Devil: The Woman Without Fear

All's well that ends well!

I mean from the amount of JSA I've read I think I know what happens at the end by now I think Morpheus dies or something and Lyta's babby becomes the new Dream?