He's right you know

Funny since I couldn't give less of a shit about most of the characters conceived by liberal movie makers

Porgs are an allegory for the suffering of women who have been raped in Hollywood.

>porg merchandise represents people seeing films that were made on the backs of suffering women

Interesting.

Hollywood has had bad years for the last 3 years or so. Maybe related somehow?

Outside of Mel Gibson is there even any obviously conservative film makers in America?
>Hard Mode: actually has to inject their films with their values

>if you critique my bad political activism films that fight on the objective side of Good, you are literally a NAZI

They must be doing a shitty job because I haven't cared about a single movie this entire decade.

Is there any creative industry that isn't infested with predators and liars?
Like, Daddy Jones has a sketchy history, just for starters.
Did Bowie care about that 13 yr old groupie he was fucking?

Band Aid/Live Aid was some weird turning point where "creatives" decided they were a force for social justice and change, while still being able to engage in their hedonistic and degenerate, abusive behaviors.

That explains all these bad movies i guess.

CHI

Clint Eastwood

Pixar.

Monster University was basically a deconstruction of the millennial mindset.

Never seen this. tl;dw?

Buffalo '66 is one of the most beautiful, sympathetic and deeply romantic/sentimental films about longing and isolation and loneliness ever made. By a conservative filmmaker.

Funny how there are film makers outside of the west and hollywood that arent marxist scum trying to advocate for the destruction of their own people.

Then why do I care more about the characters directors like Clint Eastwood create?

There can be two responses back to this.
>A good director helps the audience feel for the characters and story without being preachy.
or
>So movies are now a substitute for mass emotion based on a person who only cares about others for profit.

> artists being triggered liberals.

But that has never been true in history except now.
Painters used to be chads that fucked tons of women.

Not sure which would be worse: being a conservative or being the man responsible for that piece of shit Warcraft movie

Liberals think everything they make needs to have politics injected into it hence why its all shit.

Its the prequel to monster inc.

Sully and Mike meet at university, Mike wants to become a scarer but nobody thinks he can do it including Sully who is the Alpha Chad on campus.

Through shenanigans they become friends and try to reach their goal together but it ends with Mike failing and he ultimately realizes that he isnt fit for his dream job but has other talents, at the end they both start working at the bottom of Monsters inc as janitors.

People who lean right don't feel the need to inject everything they create with their politics.

He's not American but he works in hollywood. Nolan is a really obvious one.

Everyone is genetically predisposed to lean either left or right. Stands to reason creatives would lean left because of the empathy argument, desire for strong state (there is no evolutionary advantage to being artsy; it means being different and that gets you banished from the tribe unless there is a state structure protecting minorities for lack of a better word). So yeah, filmmakers are predisposed to lean left and then conditioned to lean left as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, modern American media is what happens when a lot of failed left-leaning creators get into mid-level executive positions.
tl;dr greedy Jews who built the studio system are gone and inmates are running the asylum.

Then how come I dont care about most recent movies if you are supposed to make me care?

Anyone who starts a sentence with "you know why..." is, unironically, always a soyboy. Trust me on this.

I love that film.

translation: fuck trump and fuck white people

liberals once again showing their poor worldview. reminder that it was his father who larped as a nazi and said that europe needs another hitler

I find it so hillarious how liberals think that movies and other medium are supposed to show the world they want it to be truth, instead of exploring reality and the problems we face in a mature way.

It's no wonder cinema is in the worst state it has ever been.

I have not cared about a single character in a Duncan Jones film. Shit director.

Because you're more interested in projecting onto recognizable stereotypes and the reinforcement of your worldview than empathizing with characters.

OH NONONONONONONO

>conservatives don’t care about people
I’m so glad this shit industry is crashing and burning. Btw-all of the greatest filmmakers of all time were conservative

conservative filmmakers
>DW Griffith
>Orson Welles
>John Ford
>John Huston
>Howard Hawks
>Alfred Hitchcock
>Stanley Kubrick
>Akira Kurosawa
>Billy Wilder
>Bergman
>Clint Eastwood
>Martin Scorsese
>Mel Gibson

liberal filmmakers
>Woody Allen
>Quentin Tarantino
>Kevin Smith
>Jordan Peele
>Seth Rogen

>Hard Mode: actually has to inject their films with their values
Mel literally never did that

Why didn't I care about any of his Warcraft characters then?

my sides. what a terrible unforgettable movie that was (my friend really didn't believe that we saw the movie together) is it getting a sequel?

Its pretty much impossible to make a movie without conservative values unless its some nihilistic edgefest.

>it's another "conservatives don't care about people because they don't want refugees raping their country" episode

Most of those are fairly accurate from what I've heard, but I've never heard anything about Bergman's political beliefs. I know he was a Hitler supporter in his youth, but he went on to reject those beliefs.

He's left, actually

Welles and Ford were liberal and supported New Deal

Lol. His father literally flirted with far-right nationalism at one point.

>>DW Griffith

The only one that matters, really.

The only reason people buy this specious argument is because their knowledge of art only stretches back 20 years at most and rarely encompasses literature, painting, or anything other than mass marketed TV and film. Then again, I guess it's ridiculous to expect the average blacked spammer to have read Dostoyevsky, Celine, Mishima, Ezra Pound, TS Eliot, etc.

absolutely subhuman brainwashed nu-male soyboi libshit cuck. dropped so fucking hard. too bad, Moon was a nice movie.

I know why most film makers are liberal. Because their jew bosses are liberal and only hire liberals. It's not because you're somehow superior in any measurable way regarding any topics or methods. In fact, you're measurably worse.

Every single one of his films is an anti-neo-liberal masterpiece

john mulius, except he hasn't made a film since red dawn because of communist hollywood

I'm actually left on most issues besides mass immigration, but the liberal "empathy" meme is so grating. Imagine being so unselfaware that you're unable to conceive of people who disagree with you for any reason other than malice or outright sociopathy. This itself indicates the same inability to empathize with an out-group that they constantly complain about. To them, you can either have an unquestioning belief in human perfectibility and biological equality not seen in non-human animals or you can be a monster.

>everything is "us against them" mentality
>even in creative media like film-making
Well how tolerant and progressive.
>people who aren't like me don't care about other people
Stop the Earth, I want to get off

Hahahaha

>it's ridiculous to expect normies to know a shortlist of entry-level authors
wew

This.

Martin Scorsese
Terrence Mallick
Zack Snyder

It should be grating because it's true. There is destructive empathy/sympathy and it's been, and being, exercised.

You can have empathy/sympathy, but not to the extreme point where it's basically worshiping the out-group.

I mean, it is pretty clear that most of the right wingers nowadays tend to have a tendency of seeing anyone beyond a white male as downright subhuman, whether they openly admit it or not. Just look around, there's just so much ranting about "womyn", "niggers" or "jews" around here.

Hell, even with white males there's always room for degrading others as soon as they don't share these usual right winger views - "jew", "cuck", "soyboy".

>>Akira Kurosawa
>>Bergman

More info please?

>when americans don't realise that they're not liberal at all but keep using that word because they're retarded

Warcraft movie about Warcraft, hurr durr i don't like it, why did you watch it if you don't like warcraft?

Or maybe you should grow the fuck up. If you as a person feel that namecalling has the power of degrading you have the problem. Proper men don't give two shits about what they are called. Man up and stop being a faggot.

I'm just saying that this whole alt-right movement is indeed sociophatic in nature, about considering other human beings to be lesser. Your drive tends to be "triggering libtards" or "keeping the sandniggers out" and other nonsense. To that effect, you share a bunch of homemade propaganda built on speculation, on cherry-picking, on feigning outrage, all of that to further reaffirm these repugnant views for yourself, and for anyone who's ready to accept them. It happens here, it happens on Sup Forums, it happens on Twitter, it happens on Discord, it happens on Reddit, it happens on Voat. Namecalling of this sort is a social tool that contributes to all of that.

The fact that you can't conceive of any legitimate criticism of "womyn", "niggers", or "jews" proves my point. In your mind, these groups are basically quasi-sacred and can do no wrong. Criticism of dominant groups (straight white males) is acceptable, but criticism of nondominant groups (black people, Muslims, women, Jews, etc.) is seen as evidence of substandard morality, if not some sort of extremely aberrant psychological state. The idea that feminism beyond a certain point might be destructive to the family unit and social cohesion, or that certain black behavior might be pathological and anti-social, or that Jews might ever be driven by nepotism or ethnic chauvinism, that never enters into it. The standard left-liberal positions on these issues are just taken as normative. You don't seem to consider that many of the people you disagree with simply take a bleaker view of human equality and perfectibility and consequently are forced to take political stances that can be seen as restrictive or unfair to someone who looks at human beings only sees unmolded clay. This is a childish black and white view of the world, and it's ironic that the same people who think this way often praise themselves for their capacity for "nuance".

>our job is to make you care about other people but fuck you, fuck your sovereignty, and fuck your economy

Fixed that for him

Oh god a spic magapede the worst of the worst its just as delusional as a nigger conservative lmao

um no, sweetie, actually people just want to be free to live their lives without being beholden to the every beck and call of people whose entire life philosophy can be summed up by "stop hitting yourself"

I'm pretty sure Ben Shapiro wrote a book explaining that there's been a blacklist of conservatives since the 70's. And I'm also sure there were plenty of Hollywood conservatives up until that point.

That's a lot of assumptions you make about me.

Look, I might not seem like it now, but I used to have a typical Sup Forums mindset myself. I know your talking points, I used to repeat them myself. I didn't say fuckall about the "straight white males", and I never planned to. What bothers me is the reactionary retards who seem to pop out basically everywhere. Their ethnicity and gender doesn't mean shit to me, what bothers me is that they're obnoxious as fuck. Sure, I'm sooo eager to see your ebin Sup Forums meme in a roleplaying game. Yes, please do play as a retarded jew/black guy stereotype. Fucking morons.

Human beings can have some shitty behaviors, but the way you guys talk about "black behaviors" or "jew behaviors" is just a low-level "redpill", the endgame of which is slowly convincing people that the jews are maliciously intending to delute the glorious white bloodline with these bad nigger genes. You don't think of them as just other human beings, with thoughts and ideas of them own, you just picture them as caricatures that only exist to threaten you. Maybe you don't mean it. But that's where this sort of propaganda takes people.

And you know, feminism is alright. Women and men both should be able to live their lives without bullshit assumptions about what their personality should be like. I mean, sure, show me an excessively-entitled, explicitly man-hating person, and I'll call them out on their nonsense too. But the way this movement goes, you see outrage the moment you see a female protag, or any kind of diverse cast.

It's just dumb to watch.

So to achieve that, we just gotta start suppressing "sjws", don't we? At least, you wouldn't mind if someone else did that.

>Women and men both should be able to live their lives without bullshit assumptions about what their personality should be like

Go away demon, we heard it all before. The bible is clear about the role of man and woman and none of your tranny propaganda will ever change the universal truth of our biology and God.

To be honest, Warcraft was the worst film i'd ever watched prior to watching The Last Jedi.

So this bastard is completely off the mark.

Yeah that's really what makes good writing...

>fuck your economy
>after trump's tax cut for the 1%
lmaoooo

Religion is about as made up by humans as Star Wars is. I thought that was incredibly fucking obvious since I was 13, long before I even knew about Sup Forums existence. Now I'm 21, and nothing ever changed in that regard.

sauce?

While I think most critiques of Trump are pretty justified, what the hell is the deal with this 45 nonsense? I get that he's the 45th President, but it seems like such an asinine thing to use as an insult and/or attempt at discrediting somebody.

All the really good movies are made by right-leaning folks because they're more in touch with common sense, human nature and the everyman. Libs make all the Star Wars-tier redditesque synecdoche new faggot schlock

you're still 13 then

>RRRARGH ITS ABOUT HUMAN DECENCY!!!

ok sweetie

I'm immature because I think that a book about a daddy in the sky was simply conceptualized by other humans? Okay, if you say so.

liberals are only capable of using harry potter analogies for politics so they don't refer to trump by his name to 'rob him of his power' or some shit like he's voldemort

*tips fedora*

To be honest, it is.
See:

Oh my, a fedora meme, that really showed me.
Look, my parents are devout Christians, and I don't disrespect them for that. Religion does have some values worthy of passing down. But it's in no way an absolute reference for everything.

gender is a meme dude

>but in no way an absolute reference for everything
Who said it was?

ok so democrats are about """human decency""" (an endless black hole) and republicans are about governing. thanks that makes sense.

>there are some biological differences between male and female beings, so women should just stay in the kitchen xdd
t. incel virgin

What do you mean by suppressing? I would have a problem with anyone bring silenced or something even fucking gayer like having their income stripped from them for their opinions no matter what side they were on.

>the left actually believes it's the right that suppresses free speech
I just, are they even aware of the last two years? This is perplexing I'm having a laugh but it's just so confusing.

Duncan Jones is a liberal because his mother was a whore in the 60s and 70s, so was his father, which was basically the most manwhore of all the manwhores. Conservative people are the ones that truly care about safety and others, filmmakers are only for show...see how many of them protected Weinstein all these years.

I have no fucking idea man. I really don't think there's any use in trying to understand any of this shit anymore.

gender and sex aren't the same thing

Meh, if you mean large corporations firing someone, it's to be expected. They gotta preserve their PR. If you gotta publicly stay controversial opinions, you shouldn't do that as "X employee".

state*

hahahahhahaahahhaha

sex = biological differences
gender = identity

Well, technically they aren't.

They have been mostly used as synonyms in the past, but nowadays "sex" refers to biological sex, and "gender" refers to gender identity. Though I guess there still are folks who believe they should be consider one and the same.

>Nobody argues that there is a third biological sex. But sex exists on a spectrum, and if we are to actually reflect what occurs in biology, we need at least three terms: male, female, and intersex.

>Gender is the social construct around sex, and there are no “facts” to be had in that department. We could stick strictly to biology, but that would leave us with three options, minimum.

This is the best summary I've seen so far.

When you look at films before the 90's, even when they had leftist subtext and undertones, they seem conservative by today's standards simply by virtue of being FUCKING WHITE MALES:
- John Carpenter (anti-church but obvious culturally Christian view of good vs. evil, anti-establishment leftist but fiercly individualistic, upholds a deeply goy tradition of decency and heroic manliness inherited from western filmmakers like Ford and Hacks)
- John McTiernan (critiques a certain idea of violent masculinity but helped defined Hollywood action machismo, fancies himself an old-fashioned "decent man" and is attached to traditional values, also owes a lot to old western filmmakers mindsets)
- William Friedkin (has a fascination for homoerotic undertones but was hated by the LGBTs, liked to explore class differences with hero/villain duality but enjoyed blurring the lines)
- Michael Mann (movies against racial prejudice, obsessed with traditional values of honor, individualism and brotherhood)
- John Milius
- Walter Hill (even his last movie is about a tranny but it's devoid of ideology, obviously has a hard-on from violent masculinity)
- James Cameron (strong female heroes but organic narratively, conservative view of primal motherhood rather than progressive)
- Paul Verhoeven (grew up under Nazi occupation but as a troubled fascination-repulsion relationship with authoritarianism and violence, is also a hardcore christfag, is part of a theology study group and wanted to make a movie about crusades)
etc. etc. even overtly leftist filmmakers like Spielberg have their fair share of conservative subtext and qualities (critical of Israel in Munich, holds spiritual beliefs, cherishes the nuclear family, attached to the notion of quiet decency inherited from Ford or Capra, etc.).
Nothing is ever black or white but it highlights how far we've fallen and how cancerous leftism has grown by replacing reasonable sociol-economic questions by hysterical identity/SJW politics.