What does Sup Forums think of The Punisher?

What does Sup Forums think of The Punisher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3AJ65FnXs
youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0y0On8ZGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One of the only truly competent superheroes who knows how to properly deal with crime.

He's quite frank about his thoughts on crime.

/k/ think he can kill the entire marvel universe easily.

Edgy

He's not a superhero
He's just a vigilante
He's also pretty popular with US Soldiers in the Middle East because of American Sniper.
I've met plenty of gun enthusiasts who wear Punisher skulls

>/k/ think he can kill the entire marvel
what's worse, Deadpool kills Marvel Universe or Pyunisher kills Marvel Universe?

He doesn't pay taxes, and is therefore a subhuman drain on society.

Punisher?

More like penis her :D

fugg :DDD

To be fair the marvel universe needed killin.

Edgy done reasonably right. He's a bit overrated for an angry guy that just shoots people, but i see how he stands out in a medium dominated by Superheroes. He's easy to ignore, yet he seems to offend people a lot irl on a moral level. People also tend to miss his purpose when they declare they want something"profound," such as him shooting innocents or exploring the consequences of vigilantes.

Does anyone have the Spiderman Punisher Meme Comic where Punisher is trying to fuck Spider-Man and Spider-Man is running away?

There is no edge, there is only Frank

Hard to say. One is just fan wank, the other knows it's fan wank but doesn't know when to shut up. At the very least, it's because of these we're Punisher vs. Deadpool which, one issue, seems promising.

I can't believe we're getting ANOTHER damn Deadpool kills, though

Why is he so moe?

I miss you Dillon and your frank face and your continued use of it knowing we made it into a meme and wanting to perpetuate that meme

Dillon didn't get enough praise for his expressions, those little changes take a lot understanding. No other artist could match him in that regard.

Best AU incarnation.

I don't like it when he fights super heroes, because then he has greater plot armor than Batman and it sickens me.

Who is your favorite live action Frank?

Bernthal by a mile.

Are we getting a scene similar to this in Defenders, Sup Forums?

>not a superhero

You can say your mantra all you want, Frank's a superhero just like the rest of 'em.

this is true.

Deadpool Kills the Marvel U redeemed itself by making THAT Deadpool an edgy villain that the REAL Deadpool kills.

He also saves police money and doesn't use welfare. So he's probably a net gain.

One of my favorites. Can't wait to see how the netflix series turns out but honestly nothing really will top Ennis's run in Punisher MAX.

Bernthal was amazing. But I kinda wish we could've got a full-on Punisher Tom Jane movie.

I liked that they adapted that rooftop scene from Ennis' first run. Hopefully on the solo series we'll see more of MAX influence

He basically never puns. I don't get it.

I have spent the last ten minutes trying to come up with a punisher pun.
He's just very Frank was already done in thread.
Fuck you.

Bernthal will be in my heart, but I can't help to like Ray Stevenson, maybe because of Titus Pullo and he's got the looks for Punisher

I've only read Max
But everyone liked Max, right

You bet your sweet ass I did

He was popular before that. That just popularized the fact that he was popular to the general public.

Try the Marvel Knight's run. It's a little more over the top, but it introduces some classic villains.

If you haven't got to it, the Dillion run of Max isn't that great, but if you've read everything else Max you might as well read that too.

Frankencastle actually wasn't half bad if you want some more Franking.

Bernthal is Frank Incarnate.
youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3AJ65FnXs

However I maintain all 3 Punisher films are at least decent & have more good then bad in them.

Oh I also read the one with Big Boss Frank where Spiderman grows a Batman-level obsession against killing and gets everyone to help him take Frank down

I think he works better in a setting devoid of proper supers

i actually fucking hate the punisher and i've tried many times to get into him but he's just all the shitty 90's edge rolled into one character, the way he deals with villains is boring, his plot armor is boring and he's only popular due to delusional basement dwellers who either wish they could be him or think that they would take his same stance on crime if given the chance

>Frankencastle actually wasn't half bad
Frankencastle was fantastic.
If you can't appreciate an undead army of Soviet zombies storming a German castle occupied by Japanese anti-monster samurai then I don't know why you're reading capeshit in the first place.

He pays in corpses, like a bounty hunter but with no restrictions.

Probably the only person I think could beat Dredd.

>Frankencastle was fantastic
Frankencastle was a fantastic comic, but not really a great Frank book.

It's like how the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies are good movies, but shitty Sherlock Holmes stories.

Read Max

I fucking love him and want to be an unstoppable force like him and I hate how fucking Hot Topic Edgelord that makes me sounds.

I think it's because he has no powers except training and that makes him closer to the everyman hero than anyone else.

As bad as the movie is, I really liked Thomas Jane, aesthetically.

Max on one side of New York and Frank on the other a path of carnage leading inexorably towards a head on collision of epic scale.

City quakes in a unspoken fear punctuated by gunfire. What happens when two men driven by their ghosts collide?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0y0On8ZGQ

I just wish Bernthal was beefier, his acting was on point.

>Marvel Knights run
Can you just tell me the TPB titles to find on Amazon or something?

I hate when reading lists don't specify things.

Lucky for me, Daredevil actually had books as the Mark Miller run.

Welcome Back Frank is the only one off the top of my head that I rember. If you picked that up, I'm sure Amazon would recommend the ones that follow. They also all should be by Ennis to IRC.

>Frankencastle was a fantastic comic, but not really a great Frank book
Okay, I can see that.
Making frank an actual monster and having other 'monsters' afraid of him was a little on the nose.
The Elsa Bloodstone fight at the end was pure Frank though

Fuck I hope so, my dick would be diamonds.

After binge-watching Daredevil I had a dream of Frank standing on a rooftop mowing down Hand ninjas with a fucking minigun.

salsas pls?
there are so many punisher team up / appareances I always find myself confused.
I'd need a chronological integral punisher storytime. I'd do it myself is I was competent enough.

Marvel is reprinting MK Punisher omnibuses they are coming out in september I believe Great thing especially seeing how it's cheaper than collecting those books separately

Some of the earliest issues I read are ones where Frank has turned black. It's pants-on-head retarded.

He was very popular long before it was "cool" for people who have never read his comics to wear his shirts.

>now_you_fucked_up.jpg

80's Punisher doesnt get enough love

I've seen the panels for this around bu I have never actually known what it's from.

Can someone clue me in so I can read some Frank cheese?

Similar to batman

Great in their own series
Doesnt make sense in their own universe

Punisher 2099.