What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgVvzTMmeLY
youtube.com/watch?v=_SmJC76KEc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just fucking look at it.

It was made

Nobody cared about the premise in the first place. It wasn't something anyone really wanted to see even if it weren't uncanny valley shit.

Martians weren't sexy enough.

No waifus.

The designs are abominably bad. How the fuck did this cost 150 million.

Well, it starts with a garbage title, absurd-but-not-in-an-enticing-way premise, ugly designs and bad writing.

What did Berkeley Breathed think of it?

Everything.

>Moms weren't sexy enough.

they should have gone with Mars needs MILFS

It was an early 3d film that helped pioneer the art, of course it has flaws.

Changed a lot of the book for no reason.

FPBP

> © 2011

No matter what this film has one of the most underrated scores of any mainstream film in the past 20 years. Too bad people only pay attention to John Powell when he's doing a score for How to Train Your Dragon. He's consistently solid as far as movie composers go.

Honestly:

1- Terrible title
2- Terrible advertising
3- Hideous character design
4- Uncanny valley for DAYS
5- Plot that needed more hammering than a drill site

they had great asses tho

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK
KILL IT KILL IT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If nothing else this at least shook Zemeckis from his mo-cap obsession.

He did two responses.

This was the other one.

What went wrong is that it took THREE MOVIES for people to realize that Zemeckis's brand of uncanny valley mo-cap CGI was actually shit.

how about what went right

the moral

Yea yea a very Redpill of a movie.

It worked for Tintin

They inserted a horror story of aliens abducting a mother and her son, then having the son watch as his mother is brutally murdered in front of him. Leaving a traumatized adult alone on an alien world. They made that guy the comedic relief. But is was just tragic.

They went so realistic with the CHI models that it makes you wonder why even bother and just get actors?

What every young boy wants: a movie that he can see with his mom.

What the fuck is the premise of this film?

What???

Here we go,
So Martians have removed maternal skills from their culture. They instead use robots to raise their podlings, keepings the females and dumping the males into the trash chutes (where they live a feral/tribal existence in the refuse of mars). The robots are programmed by abducting a human woman who has strong mothering skills, then incinerating her with a Sun focused laser beam which imprints her skills onto the robots.
Gribble the comedic relief, had his mother abducted by the martians 20 years prior to the film opening. He as a child stowed away in the abducto-rocket, and went to mars to save his mom. He failed, horribly. Too late to rescue her the young gribble was just in time to watch his mother burn to death with the knowledge that the martians chose her because Gribble was a good kid who did what his mother asked. He then grew up on the planet a socially broken weirdo, hiding in the refuse area with the male martians.

The movie follows Milo, who finds himself in a similar situation, and has to rescue his mother mostly by exploring mars and uncovering the horrible tragedy of Gribble's life and helping him come to terms with it..

But it all works out in the end. Gribble even gets a freaky alien girlfriend, so there's that

6/10 movie, not horrible.

I'd fuck the girl alien

>those fingers

HOLEE JESUS

Those hips. Truly ready to be a Martian Mom

I never watched this film, but this description intrigued me.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to watch this garbage. I suspect that I'll regret it.

>But it all works out in the end. Gribble even gets a freaky alien girlfriend, so there's that
Wouldn't she then be designed after his mother? Though at least personality wise. I'm assuming she's of the native species of the martians.

>Abandons maternal skills
>Also dumps the males in the trash
That makes no sense. They're removing males from society which means the martian society would lack a paternal figure. The only way Mars would actually need moms is if it was a society where children are artificially grown and females are abandoned, making the society exclusively male.

The robots who raise them are designed after mothers.

where da Earth wimmin at?

It makes even more no sense when you learn that martians just pop out of the ground every 25 years, and the two sexes seem to have nothing to do with it.

Polar express wasn't that bad

What went wrong is that there is criminally not enough r34 of those female martians with the wide hips and thicc asses

Is this an actual scene?

Fun fact: because Mars Needs Moms bombed so hard, we were saved from the creator's next project: a totally CG Yellow Submarine 2.

This shit reads like they had two or three different script drafts, each with a different tone in mind, and hired someone to mash them together without any regard for the final product. Just push it out the door, it'll make money, that whole approach.

Sure is

Robert Zemeckis's ego

this timeline just became more acceptable

sounds lowkey redpilled af bro

Holy shit dem Faces

I saw him at a book festival and he was complaining about it. It was also partly responsible for him reviving opus.

Watch Home instead.

bring weed or at least booze.

>what went wrong?

They took our women

>a totally CG Yellow Submarine 2.
That actually could have been really cool if done right. It wouldn't have been, but the possibility is there.

>CG Yellow Submarine 2.
We're down two beatles already. Voices would be hard enough. What could they possibly do for music?

>give alien girls huge wide hips, nice thighs and thigh gaps
>but horrifying uncanny valley faces
Wasted potential indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgVvzTMmeLY

Shall we watch it and find out?

oh you poor summer child

>weird white filter
>garbage audio quality
>narrow crop so you can't tell what the fuck is going on

Man this movie really is shit

That is also part of the plot: The leader of the Martians is a man hating matriarch who has been suppressing knowledge of how Mars used to have a traditional family unit of a mother and father raising kids.

It also killed an animated kaiju movie project titled "Calling All Robots".

youtube.com/watch?v=_SmJC76KEc4

If I just saw the title I would assume it's a 50's alien invasion homage with aliens stealing women to fuck.

So not good for kids.

The only thing that went right were the asses of the martian girls.

Wow. Dougherty got to move from shelved Godzilla homage to actual Godzilla. Good for him.

As for Mars Needs Moms, I liked that weird language barrier thing they had going on. Where each of the main characters absorbed the pop culture of different eras, so they all spoke English but had a hard time communicating because it was rooted in the lingo/slang of media they learned it from. So like Martian girl was 60s, Gribble was 80s and the main kid was the 10s.

I remember when this was airing in theaters. I saw the commercials on tv all the time. It looked awful even then. And it looks as bad now.

the basic premise and title

it objectively isn't early, and pioneered nothing

I can't believe this was a Disney film

Its a critique of feminism dumbass. Women try to become men, men are treated like garbage, children are raised as an afterthought.

The Beatles didn't voice themselves in the original Yellow Submarine, and it was going to be a remake, not a sequel.

It isn't a hentai about martian tentacle aliens abducting busty japanese milfs for the purposes of breeding.

It's a movie catered to suburban kids with overbearing helicopter mothers about a kid saving their mother. None of these kids want an adventure about their fucking parents

What REALLY went wrong is there's no high res captures of all the ass shots

the bogdanoff designer babies were a success. Humanity evolves millons of years overnight

Yet all become artists at age 12

Everything.

This just keeps reminding me of the classic Trollface, if Marsneedsmoms didn't spectacularly crash then the Trollface creator could have tried suing Zemekis' company for trademark infringement

It was a flop.

Wow, that's unfortunate. The ending actually got a good throaty laugh out of me.