Best Marvel legacy character ever

Best Marvel legacy character ever.

Does flash count as a legacy?

Is he even alive??? Wtf happen with him???

You spelled worst wrong.

Hi Bendis.

nobody knows
last thing that was shown of him was telling Mania he was gonna help get rid of that curse mark she got and then flash is nowhere to be seen and the venom symbiote was removed from him and left in a weakened state

To think they waited this character to bring back classic Venom with Eddie Brock.

I have an idea for an alternative. If the Toxin's symbiote returns? How about to combine it with Flash as "Agent Toxin"? It would be similar to this picture.

Gods, I wish the writers could figure out more interesting things to do with these characters than take away and give back their powers.

It's not really like it is a big deal with Venom, considering symbiotes are separate creatures.

This. I was a massive Brockfag who wanted him to go back to being Venom after the failure that was Gargan. Flash changed that mindset completely, due to his greater moral fiber clashing with the symbiote's viciousness. Helps I already liked him prior, unlike every other Venom successor. It was also great as Eddie himself was getting development along the way without the suit, and even learning to trust Flash with it better than he ever did.

Sending Flash into space was one of the worst things they could have done with him.
I lost all interest in him when he went on GotG and didn't bother with Space Knight.
To all of Eddie's fans who think he should have been Venom this whole time, Eddie still had Toxin. It's not like he was depowered or dead in any way; he just made very rare appearances.

that just feels like sloppy seconds. or rather, like they're only together because they remind each other of their ex and this is them on the rebound

>side character all the way back to to the origin story.
>Number one fan of Spidey all the way through
>Finally ends up becoming a hero himself with a theme based on Spidey

Felt really good.

Isn't Toxin, like, an angel or something now?

>worst
you did it too... it's with capital letters WORST

Some are speculating that Flash could become "Agent Anti-Venom". The letters page for Venom #6 specifically mentions Flash Thompson and Anti-Venom being used in future stories. There's also this line from the solicitation for Venom #152:
>Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote are reunited, but something’s wrong! The symbiote can’t contain itself within Eddie’s veins and has started seeping out of his pores as he sleeps.

This could mean Anti-Venom is regenerating in Eddie's body and fighting back against the Venom symbiote. This could end with Eddie getting rid of all the Anti-Venom goop in his body and that goop could then find its way to Flash, giving us Agent Anti-Venom.

Venom #6 letters page

Venom #152 solicitation:
>MIKE COSTA (W) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (A) COVER BY Francisco Herrera X-MEN TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JIM LEE “THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” CONTINUES! Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote are reunited, but something’s wrong! The symbiote can’t contain itself within Eddie’s veins and has started seeping out of his pores as he sleeps. To make matters worse, Stegron is aiming to turn all of New York into dinosaurs by sunrise…and Venom is DINNER! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That would be pretty damn awkward though. Anti-Venom isn't a proper symbiote but Eddie's own inmune system with symbiote-like capabilities. having such a thing just hop out of Eddie's body and latch on to someone else just feels weird. Plus it would make more sense for Brock to be overjoyed at the idea of being anti-venom again without last issue's sudden return to him loving Venom.

Then again, there's no way the would drop Eddie Venom again after two issues, so they might just do it.

>To all of Eddie's fans who think he should have been Venom this whole time, Eddie still had Toxin. It's not like he was depowered or dead in any way; he just made very rare appearances.
Yeah but nobody likes Toxin cause it looks dumb , and will never be a memorable or iconic look for anybody because we already have a red and black symbiote

>Yeah but nobody likes Toxin cause it looks dumb

Yeah well fuck you too buddy.

>nd will never be a memorable or iconic look for anybody because we already have a red and black symbiote

Can't deny that, it really sucks that they dropped the blackface Carnage, at least then they wouldn't be so samey.

It's gonna be shown how he lost the symbiote in #150, and apparently he's going back to ASM after that though apparently Costa has plans for him

Yeah, personally, in order of things I want most for Flash

>Agent Venom
>Agent Toxin
>Agent Anti-Venom
>Normal Flash Thompson

Yeah it probably would be awkward and it wouldn't make too much sense. However as someone who really liked Agent Venom and Mania and was saddened to see the former go and the latter to go back to being ignored by Marvel I'll take what I can get to be honest. Besides Costa has already thrown out of years of character development and continuity in Venom.

Agent Venom has honestly become my favorite comicbook hero.

>Normal Flash Thompson
I think its a bit too late for that. but we might get Bionic Thompson with fully upgraded cyber legs
and they are okay

>I think its a bit too late for that. but we might get Bionic Thompson with fully upgraded cyber legs
Well hey, I'm still betting they're gonna do something with him, and I'm still betting on Agent Anti Venom.

Plus, I talked to Slott at a con and he said other writers have tried to give Flash his legs back, but that Slott has fought to stop that. He only okayed stuff like the robo prosthetics in secret avengers.

We got some news from C2E2

>issue 6 will not be the last we see of Flash Thompson

>One fan disappointed for Flash to lose the symbiote. Hopes story will do him justice. Costa promises big plans for him.

>Venom will be a "dysfunctional love story" about two beings deeply connected but bad for each other.

>Costa stresses the person influencing the suit.

>"Crazy Spider-things" are coming when fan asks about return of Toxin.

I like the art, but why's it look so Japanese? A seemingly rather random aesthetic choice for Venom

>Who is Kaine Scarlet Spider

Personally, my second favorite comicbook character

My list is as follows

>1. Agent Venom
>2. Scarlet Spider
>3. Spider-Man
>4. Nova
>5. Anti-Venom
>Honorable mention: Deadpool

I love Agent Venom, but yeah, Kaine was the best.

It's just how Moore does his thing.

Prefer MacGargan Venom and Eddie Brock Venom.

Agent Venom was always a fun character but they ended up just ruining the symbiote altogether. That whole Klynntar shot is awful and, if I remember right, actually uses Tau models from 40k?

>Prefer MacGargan Venom
Shit taste detected.

And it was Bendis who ruined it, and Bendis alone. The spaceknight writer was just trying to do the best with what he was given.

And yeah, there were 40k models used, but that's the artist doing that shit. What does that have to do with the story?

I would love to read about Agent Vaccine

Stupid plans. Give the guy some rocket legs or something, not handi-capable "look these are like your metal legs" pandering.

>Agent Vaccine
huh. catchy

Kamala Khan. Because she's cute

maybe every former symbiote host can develop anti- venom power if touched by mister negative

that would include flash gargan and lee

even peter

>White blond heterosexual male
Silly OP, cripples dont count as PC minorities.

Is this a stealth symbiote thread?

Maaaaaaybe

>wanting Toxin to bond with Flash
I like both Flash and Toxin, but fuck you.
Toxin is for Pat (thanks Remender), without him he's boring.

Why doesn't the Venom symbiote just bond with Kaine? He's pretty much Brock's personality in Parker's body.

Maybe, but if I'm not remembering wrong Eddie was special because his inmune system was cancerous as well so all that rampant cell duplication might be needed to create enough mass for a suit.

Agent Toxin could be cool.

Pat is nowhere near important for Marvel to give him the ol' Lazarus treatment, so that's a burned bridge sadly.

That said, it's been said in other symbiote threads that you can still salvage the situation somehow by making Pat's death into Toxin's own Uncle Ben background that moves him to do good (and probably care for Pat's widow and child) instead of just looking for fun. Then you could have his time with Brock and raw his hate of symbiotes giving him a perspective on how the world sees him. He's the one symbiote who spent his formative years without bonding mentally with his host (it too him until Eddie for that and it wasn't intended) and being taught human morality all the while, which in theory should enforce his initial concept of being the oe 100% good symbiote with a strong sense of self.

The problem is that ever since his appearance in Agent Venom we haven't even once seen Toxin's perspective on the matter (save for an ambiguous one-liner in Carnage) so he's essentially dead as a character.

Is it some abstract form of parker luck that he once again turned venom into his enemy

>First Appearance: Amazing Fantasy #15
Yes.

Because that would be stupid.

Fuck yeah, i love spy symbiote guy!

I found the clash of powerlevels to be great when Agent Venom and Anti-Venom met:
Flash - A guy trying to do the right thing stuck with an agressive as fuck lifeform.
Eddie - crazy bonkers nutter that heals people.

Shit was sweet. I want it all back.

>Anti-Venom
I want that magnificent bastard back

Yes mate. Same here.

How much do you think Agent Venom's first appearance is going to rise in the coming years? Already got one the day it came out but I'm curious.

Honestly, for all the shit that led to it, Eddie Toxin did a good job in making Toxin more easily distinquishable from papa Carnage. When added to Toxin's previous trait you get

>black/red color gradient from bottom to top
>white eyes with black extensions y symbiote pattern
>flailing tentacles rising from the shoulders and back area give the general impression of a burning upper body (great improvement over the floppe tentacles of the original)
>somewhat lighter shade of red compared to Carnage, closerto orange depending on the artist

If you add to that Pat era's tendency to give him gigantic claws in proportion to the rest of the body and you'd end up with a pretty distinct silhouette.

>Venom could block out spider sense
>Carnage could see in different directions like an actual spider

What other spider like traits did the other symbiotes get also I wonder what would've happened if Venom had bonded with Hulk first instead of Peter?

>Mfw instead of giving people Spider-Man like powers Venom would be able to turn people into Hulks

The strenght and endurance multiplier would be ridiculous that's for sure, but the natural weaknesses of the symbiote would limit how Hulk-like recklessness you could get away with.

Would a symbiote even be able to siphon life off of Moon Knight or would Konshu protect him and eject the being at all costs? Always been curious about it but yeah, a Hulk bonded with the symbiote could be an awesome concept if done right.

When did Venom turn into Grendel Prime?

We'll we've already seen the result of combining Venom, Red Hulk and the Spirit of Vengeance into one, so...

Anyway, while the symbiotes can get buffed by mystical means (the mentioned spirit of vengeance and the hell sign on Mania) they don't seem able to copy such abilitis, It's gotta be imprinted genetically for that.

2010 circa

>Agent anti-venom
How would his powers even work? he cures terminal cancer patients by shooting them in the head? That's some interesting level of hidden message right there.

Well it would solve the cancer problem alright.

I like Venom as an antagonist.We have so many examples of this "good guy working with a dark power" story and it's been done to death so many fucking times. It's boring. At least the personality for the Venom symbiote was most interesting when it bounced between Brock, Angelo and MacGargan. It felt like an actual character, not a McGuffin.

Now, we instead have it just screaming "nooooo stooooop" at Lee and it's lost all of the vampiric, biological facets that were fun. Plus, MacGargan was at his most interesting when he went from 2 bit crook, to A list villain to desperate flesh eating drug addict.

The only good thing about Agent Venom was the fact he got into a literal cripple fight with Kasady. That and Carnage actually became threatening/not a fucking joke again.

Also, if Marvel isn't even checking that theyre stealing assets entirely, that's just shitty product quality and pathetic desu

Slott had given him some sweet bionic legs back during Superior but they promptly ditched them off-panel somewhere between then and when Flash joined the Guardians of the Galaxy for some reason

>>"Crazy Spider-things" are coming when fan asks about return of Toxin.

What did they mean by this? No seriously what do they mean by this? The only thing I can think of is Peter bonding with Toxin but I know they would never do something like that.

No joke, I would love a Ms. Marvel and Mania team-up.

Y'know, I never thought of that. Symbiotes have always learned emotions from the host, and it'd be interesting to see Toxin view Pat's family as his own now that Pat's gone. It'd be something really unique and cool, and it would be a great bonding moment for Flash and Toxin, agreeing to care for the family.

I still have hope that Pat isn't dead since we never saw a body, but I doubt Marvel's in any rush to resurrect him.

What design would Agent Toxin have? I'd be fine with his Thunderbolts look, just because it's similar to how Eddie looked in Carnage.

Thunderbolts Venom would be the best bet, since his proper color scheme doesn't go well with the Agent Venom body armor.

The interesting thing would be if they use the chest spider. Venom always kept it regardless of host because of its obsession, and it fit Fanboy Flash just right, but Toxin never had a symbol of any kind. Then again, his original host did look up to Spider-Man as well and there was none of that yandere stuff involved, so he probably wouldn't mind.

>Yeah but nobody likes Toxin cause it looks dumb
Fuck you, Brock!Toxin looked great during Bunn's run on Venom.

>without him he's boring.
He was great with Brock in Bunn's run on Venom.

I like Toxin but what you describe is just Brock who says he's made a deal with Toxin and that's it.

You didn't actually read the book, did you? Don't rely on wikis, dingus.

I did read it. Maybe I'm forgetting details since it's been a while, but I remember Eddies stating that they were on a truce until they killed Flash and then they'd go at each other, then Flash commenting that they went full symbiosis without being aware of it. I'm fairly sure that in all his appearances Toxin by itself made no comments, and I'm talking about comments without being mixed with Brock.

Maybe there was such a comment right after he and Brock bonded? That part I never reread, I only remember them going all KILL VENOM.

>but I remember Eddies stating that they were on a truce until they killed Flash and then they'd go at each other

Yeah, but its shown while he fights Flash!Venom that their bond is much stronger than even Eddie realizes. Go back and reread it.

Post villains Mania should face if she ever gets a solo.

Meh, he don't stand up to me