Was Batman Beyond too horrifying?

Was Batman Beyond too horrifying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHMg2MD5DVk
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn't Static Shock do this too? Where a villain fell to the center of the Earth? Or am I crazy

It was beyond horrifying

I had nightmares about the Splicers and Lost Soul episodes as a kid.

He just fell through a parking lot.

When i was a kid I did find that pretty fucked up and sad, heck Btas, Stas, static, and justice league all had fucked up things happen. I guess it doesn't bother me as much now because no matter how many times someone looked like they were dead or worse they always manged to come back eventually. but as a kid stuff like OP's pic gave me nightmares.

To be fair, Ian Peek was an asshole and deserved worse.

Beyond did have some pretty brutal outcomes

Like that one with the doctor helping these goons to save his girlfriend (who turned out to have been cheating on him with the head goon anyway) and he finds out what is up

Terry: The guy got away

Bruce: Trust me...I don't think we will be hearing from him again

Terry: What makes you say that?

(Cue sequence where it is implied the doctor tears the goon apart during surgery)

Any excuse to post!

what episode was that?

>girlfriend cucks him with another man
>he kills that guy by hardcore penetrating him

POTTERY

Beyond was pretty dark, but for me doctor destiny in JLU is still the most horrifying villian.

April Moon.

>the faux fantastic 4 get killed on screen

>fire rock guy geta extinguished
>invisible woman gets torn apart in a vent
>mr. Fantastic gets torn in the vents fan too

>"I AM Batman!"
>proceeds to murder that guy
>this is after he basically almost murdered Powers
>Bruce doesn't even give a shit

Terry played fast and loose with that whole kill code thing.

Terry also let a 100 ton paper roll crush three Venom making scientists to death.

That's what I call the inside scoop.

I'm always annoyed when I see this image. It leaves out the random lab techs making the venom patches. Terry cuts down a giant roller and it flattens them as they were trying to flee. They didn't even put up a fight and he straight up murders them.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHMg2MD5DVk

Easily.

Reminder: she dies from this.

Wow, nice to see one of my old images still in circulation.

It wouldn't be too dark, if it didn't turn out he killed his wife in the episode.

It's okay. They're nameless.

>suicide by factory explosion
Holy fuck I love this bullshit.

>shows her his dick before killing her

If I'm not mistaken, that was his original plan before Blight showed up. Instead, he was just crushed to death by the collapsing building.

Poor Nu52 Terry only ever got to fuck one chick before dying. No hot future girlfriend for him.

>probably made it look bigger than it was in real life
SUPERKEK IS HEEEEEEERE

And Batman watched the whole time. That's not creepy at all.

Didn't mention Talia dying because her father took over her body but I guess that technically happened before the show started.

Bruce is fucking old at that point, he DGAF and if he did he couldn't do shit.

Meanwhile...

Fell through a parking lot into the center of the earth though, right? I don't remember them coming to save him

I'm still pretty sure that this was the first and one of the only instances on this show where a villain is actually shown & said to have killed someone.

He had the black and white suit, so Starro wasn't attached to him that long.

Nah, he just fell to the bottom of the lot and they got someone to collect him later.

I don't get it. Isn't it just a dream? How is she dying

>tfw when just read the first volume of sandman.

That entire part in the diner was legit one of the most fucked up things I have ever seen a villian do.

>doesn't even have the guy crushed by steel pipes
Every time someone brings up beyond that's the first thing people mention with batdickery

He got bullshit psychic dream powers from a prison experiment, and is later stated to have mindfucked her to death. He then attempts to do the same to the Justice League.

Think of it like A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Heart attack.

I love Batman Beyond and appreciate the darker aspects of the show, but literally nothing it Batman Beyond is worse than pic related.

Jesus this is some Freddy Krueger shit.

This episode fucked me up. How could they think this was a good idea?

ITT: giant pussies

I remember being like 9 the first time I saw it and it gave me nightmares.

> a sad thing happened in a tv show, where's my senator

crying in a corner because Ace died

??? I was just talking about how it was more than I expected as a kid, wasn't crying about how the creators needed to be lynched or something. What's with the overreaction?

It's okay to admit that some things are dark and fucked up user. This doesn't made them bad, and the cool kids aren't going to make fun of you or anything like that.

oh mate, this is a place where overreaction is the only reasonable reaction.

No kid ever got screwed up because the bad guy in the story died, seriously how many Disney villains live to the end of the movie? Really the only cartoon that ever did anybody any harm was pic related, and to be fair to the parents of the time it looked perfectly innocent on the surface.

Disney villain deaths aren't usually so brutal. I mean Jafar being sealed up inside a lamp is pretty bad, but beyond that they aren't usually the same kind of subtly horrifying that Batman Beyond excelled at. Not that that's bad or anything.

I think it helped scare me as a kid. If i grew up to be a supervillain i'd meet my end in an ironic and dark way. And if i'm a helpless good person it sucks to be the first victim of the bad guy.

Batman is always watching.

Ursula got imapled on a ship's broken mast. I'm pretty sure Scar was eaten by his own hyenas. Gaston got thrown off a roof and impaled. The bad guy from Tarzan basically hung himself.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Also I'm pretty sure the Moriarty stand in in the Great Mouse Detectice was squished to death by cogs in a clock. I've got to find where I can watch that movie again, it was great.

There was an episode involving some African hunter who got attacked by a cheetah and had to undergo surgery. That scene of him screaming was pretty disturbing to me when I was younger.

Not even with a satellite or some kind of savvy surveillance system, just a pair of binoculars and being a few rooftops away. It makes it feel so perverse, like he was watching and waiting for that exact moment.
>Wait, who taught him how to thrust like that? I was the only person to master that technique. Hrm.

They don't call it Badend Beyond for nothing OP.

>not titling it Badend Beyond
You had one job user
ONE JOB

I honestly don't know if that's better or worse than the JL episode where it turns out that the idyllic 50s alternate universe was actually a mental projection of a psychotic mutant, pasted over the bombed-remnants of a post-WWIII Earth, whose surviving inhabitants were forced to live out fake versions of their old lives in perpetuity, unaging, for 60+ years.

>The members of the Justice Society are willing to let their existence end to help the JL
>The milkman and other members of the town were real people forced to play roles in the kid's fantasy
God damn Justice League was good, I need to rewatch that shit sometime

No it was kinda like a soap opera thing.

I had nightmares for like a week straight from this fucker. They were putting in a new housing development behind my house so I was terrified of everything.

CIVIC SUCKS CAR IS MADE OUT OF LEGO!

Bruce didnt have a no-kill code early on in his career/the old comics. Likewise, Terry didnt have one in his.

Who is the girl who self-destructs?

Looks like Livewire

Which Batman show had the biggest death count? Beyond or Brave and the Bold.