How much did this shit-hole fell for this scam?

how much did this shit-hole fell for this scam?

I am asking because I was not a lurker back then, and I imagine the finale threads being absolute fire

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it was the biggest thing aside from abatap

OP sounds like a guy who unironically enjoyed Kate Episodes

>absolute fire
kys

>scam
"LOST" (2004-2010) is absolute faithkino you irredeemable plebeian.

never watched the series back then
and I honestly hated it because my job pals were talking about it all the fucking time
>mountain this
>numbers that
>a bear
to me it sounded like a new McGruffin scam like the original TwinPeaks

>to me it sounded like a new McGruffin scam like the original TwinPeaks
what in the hell did you mean by this?

Kate runaway bride episode was good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin

>watching Lost for the Island mysteries, not for the characters

That is why you fail

Are you an actual unironic brainlet?

if you weren't around during the time of Lost threads then you shouldn't be allowed on this board.

This
Lost threads were the peak of Sup Forums, this board hasn't recovered since the show ended

Actually, he's kind of right.

>WE HAVE TO GET ______
>WHAT DOES ______ MEAN
>WE HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT ______ MEANS

and the show answered fuck all
>why was Walt special
>1000000 other things that I was pissed as fuck about when the show ended without answering

It's a fun show to talk about because everyone has a backstory and shits. I think westworld try to be lost but they failed miserably because of the confusing timeline and half of the characters are non-relatable.

He isnt but you are if you fell for the lost scam

Claiming that you watched Lost for the characters is like saying you hired a prostitute for the conversation
The whole premise of the show was trying to figure out what the fuck was going on in that place, the numbers, and all that weird shit
Lost has McGuffins BY EPISODE, and everybody was waiting for a plausible explanation at the end

what they got? a bail out

Did no user archive the madness?

>On the commentary soundtrack to the 2004 DVD release of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, writer and director George Lucas describes R2-D2 as "the main driving force of the movie … what you say in the movie business is the MacGuffin … the object of everybody's search".[12] In TV interviews, Hitchcock defined a MacGuffin as the object around which the plot revolves, but as to what that object specifically is, he declared, "The audience don't care".[13] In contrast, Lucas believes that the MacGuffin should be powerful and that "the audience should care about it almost as much as the dueling heroes and villains on screen".[14]
Was he right lads?

Mr. Eko said a long time ago he has much of the threads saved on his PC in case the archive went down. That was years ago. I hope he uploads them somewhere one day.

George use of the term McGuffin is plain wrong
The suitcase in Pulp Fiction is a McGuffin. Everybody is interested in that shit, but the viewer never figures it out, to maintain the interest during the movie.

R2D2 is what is called a "plot device", in the way that everything pivots around that robot but you clearly know what it is. It is in plain sight

cry more

But why not both? A cohesive context would have made the character interactions more meaningful, and the characters weren't that great as to carry a meaningless context. At the end of the show nothing mattered outside of the emotional aspect of the characters, they could've been on a submarine or a spaceship all the time instead of a mysterious island or even living a normal life, and nothing would have changed with the purgatory arc, etc.

>peak of Sup Forums
for you

fucking newfag, you don't even know what you are missing. Sup Forums was the best board on this shitty site during LOST. we had the best threads, goldy discussion and speculation, the absolute best OC ever created and unironically good tripfags

I miss it so much

D U R N

best interactive tv experience ever.. can you name another? inb4 who shot j

fuck off saetre

Based John Locke

I particularly enjoy the E3/GDQ threads on Sup Forums
but that is hardly tv, although pure entertainment

>died like a bitch with no impact on anything
>based

died like a bitch? clearly u did not watch. they all died the same way, at the same time...no (you) 4u

>no impact on anything
Watch the show.
Outside of finding Desmond and all the vault shit he is the reason Jack became a hero at the end.
Jack changed and picked up his mantle to save the day because of Lockes influence.

Ah luv ya Penny

i'll always luv yu, pen

LOST is the only show to make me feel.
Holy shit i literally miss charlie everytime i think about it. But i hated claire

>Muh bayy beer
Fucking horrid accent

Charlie was a fag, but I miss Jack and Sawyer banter daily, Eko was fucking great, first couple seasons Locke too.

getting the van to work....FEEEEELS

>yall know

Seriously, can someone explain this to me

This show would've been great on widescreen HD TV. Man If they only satisfied my pleb tastes and explained more shit instead of that fucking final plane episode.

what was not explained to you, 384?

Same. And now even the old IMDb lost theory threads are gone. FUCK. The best things that ever came from Lost were the endless speculation and bonding near the end when the ride got rough.
Westworld is an awful show. I think people still don't get that what made Lost worthwhile were the characters combined with a weird thing happening every episode, not the crazy sci-fi shit that ruined the show at the end.

yeah and the actors were all pRetty good, can;t really point at someone and name a poor actor in LOST

lost will be taken off nf in a month or so. heads up..bottoms up

Will we get another t.v show as good as lost lads?

hmm. time to kill myself. my suicide note will have have three words: Durn To Yah

Torrent it, faggot

Probably not. Normie opinions ruined any chance of another show like Lost. Because of the constant criticism of "we want answers" and "the writers are just making it up as they go along" (no shit idiots how do you think shows get written) and chance of mysteries or plots that span multiple seasons have been dashed. Westworld blew its load in one season and most new shows have some anti-hero protag. I've yet to watch The Leftovers. maybe that'll be good.

also, Matthew Fox is underrated. Mel Gibson stars in kids movies, Mark Wahlberg still gets gigs, but Matty F gets a DUI and he's never seen again what the fuck

>Duh tv show didn ansur all muh questions cus its bad writin

>being rude in a Lost thread

u rude dude

t. damon lindelof

you certainly covered your ass with the leftovers, didn't you?

Why hasn't anything replicated the success of LOST in the social media age? Desmond was best character.

turning the show into some sort of meta survivor american idol was pretty funny.

fucking lol

It was pretty prevalent but it didn't take long for LOSTfags to be shamed into their containment threads. LOSTfags were basically the original redditfags

From what I gather on social media the only people that post shit and get involved like garbage like The Walking Dead and GoT and buy Funkopops and would think that Lost isn't Epic enough

Charlie was an annoying faggot. The virgin Jack and the chad Sawyer was where it was at.

Many shows tried, all of them got cancelled. It's because the Hollywood jews failed to see what made LOST great. It wasn't just a lolrandom mystery.

It's a combination of mystery + great characters + capable actors = the show has a soul

Nothing in your post is true.

I was here, you weren't

Every retard on this board could write a better television series than FlashForward, but it still got greenlit and aired.Dumb as shit.

Kino incarnate

I do remember all the bland Lost wannabe attempts, Flashforward comes to mind but Lost was really special. I don't think it would've been successful as it was now when it was made

>being wrong
>doubling down

noice

DUDE the island is a cork that holds the evil of the man in black at bay and jacob is that cork and you were all brought here to succeed jacob because he thinks the man in black will eventually kill him and he does LMAO

this is very unfunny

>t. brainlet who is too dumb to understand the ending

t. damon

Swing and a miss Brody

whos t. damon

nice try damon

watched a single episode somewhere in the middle and dropped. saw it for what it was, bullshit mystery.

Its very weird. On my first watch through I felt so bad for Charlie but when I watched it again I just found him so annoying. Idk if I just didnt want to get attached to him knowing what was going to happen, or if he really was just a twat.

was Sawyer /ourguy/?

>saw it for what it was

What was special about Lost is that normies could appreciate it on one level, Stacey could look at chad sawyer and patricians could appreciate the fleshed out characters and deeper concepts of the story.

But I guess it was too much for normalfags in the long term.