PT: The tragedy of a hero's fall from grace

PT: The tragedy of a hero's fall from grace
OT: The hero being redeemed by his son
Can anyone tell me what the sequel trilogy is even about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6l9go9X1EbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who cares it has blacks and asians and womyns!
Get used to it you heteronormative racist fucks.

Grrl power! YAAAAAASSSSD SLAY QUEEN!!!!!! LOL FUCK WHITEY!!!!

ST: Society's desperate attempt to cling to the past.

We won't know until the next episode. Just like the OT. We didn't know Vader was going to be redeemed.

Feminism and diversity. No, I'm serious. That's the only message. Modern Hollywood doesn't care about filmmaking anymore, only propaganda.

while i hate disney wars, you could make the point that the ST is about passing the torch to the next generation, which i think has a lot of potential to revitalize the franchise
the problem is, they are making that torch worthless by ruining the the old characters

The Sequel trilogy is about selling merchandise to dumbfuck children.

This was what the other 6 films were about too.

The new trilogy was going to be about passing the torch, snuffing out the past, and building a new future on that legacy, but then Rian fucked up every single plot thread that Abrams introduced.

incels belong in Sup Forums

The abolition of white males.
youtube.com/watch?v=6l9go9X1EbE

The sequel trilogy is about the tragic fall of a franchise

Out with old, in with the new

Midichlorian privilege

How to ensure that a media empire turns a profit on an IP they bought for $5,000,000,000

>mary sue protag
>sasuke love interest
>bumbling negro sidekick and his ugly gf
>mustache-twirling evil dark wizard and his stupid underlings
>flying space fairy godmother
>grumpy stupid mentor (times 2)
It's literally Disney Princess story in SW setting that has nothing to do with what Lucas did.

Money.

Narratively: I have no fucking clue.
Metanarratively: attempting to destroy the prevalence of the monomyth in the franchise because it's not inclusive or diverse enough.

Something something something white men are evil.

Unemployed basement-dwelling Marxists with sociology degrees belong in /leftypol/.

> the only logical answer in the thread gets ignored

The only philosophical arc I can think of is unironically: "Women standing against the mansplaining patriarchy" and "finding out your father figures (and the culture they represent) are shit".

Pretty grim.

>implying any of these are wrong

It's even more worthless since the new characters are bland and boring. The only interesting guy is the emo. Finn, Rey and Poe barely have characters.

>Can anyone tell me what the sequel trilogy is even about?
No. In fact, we're two movies in and i can barely tell what is happening and why.

So we should forget the holocaust, and forget about slavery and even out the board.
Excellent, remember if anyone ever brings these up, reference TLJ and tell them to forget about the past.

>So we should forget the holocaust,
0/10

>PT: Anakin becomes the ultimate villain
>OT: Luke becomes the ultimate hero
>ST: Rey becomes the ultimate blandness in between

It's for the best. The old characters can't be used in a way that doesn't just make it seem like they're milking the original trilogy.

I'd like to see more universe expanding movies that have very weak ties to the mainline movies. They can start rebuilding the EU by turning books into films and making them canon again. I'd particularly like to see the Darth Bane trilogy.

This is Sup Forums. Real takes usually go to the back of the line.

Rise of the SJW and nu-male.

Christ, you've really drunk the kool-aid if you think hollywood are interested in anything that isn't money. billion dollar industries don't have agendas that aren't financial.

It's about destroying tradition

One religion being replaced by another.

Anything that insists on putting "Truth" in it's name isn't convinced of it's own argument and should be ignored.

How are they wrong though?

Film 1:
>Kill Solo
Movie 2:
>Kill Skywalker
Flick 3:
>Kill C3PO and R2D2

Joint 4:
Spin off series that retcons the entire lot of it

it's pretty ez desu
TFA a cash grab with retard JJ abrahms at the helm, making sure the story is worthless and full of plotholes that will never have a satisfying ending because he's a hack fraud just look at everything he's ever made in his carreer

TLJ is a cashgrab by disney and hollywood to make billions without making anything descent, it looks like a movies, it seems like a movie, but it's just a pile of crap

if it's too hard to see this while watching star wars, maybe you should watch Jumanji2 just to see what a cashgrab is, you'll notice it's exactly like starwars now

The point is to lay basement for the future of the universe. Thus they are destroying the jedi as we know it. Jedi always were unemotional monks that dedicate their lifes to training. It doesn't fit the usual fairytale in dysney style.
Now they showed us that jrdi are dead and all new heroes will be just magicians, who can do force tricks without any trainig or studies. So, they can easily introduce many nujedis whenever they want. Just like rey, who can do any jedi tricks and has become master lightsaber fighter as soon as she discovered the force exists

With most industries I would agree but Hollywood has pumped out so much garbage that was clearly destined to fail it makes one suspicious. How do you explain Nu-Ghostbusters? No one thought that was a good idea yet it showed up anyways.

R2 dying is probably the only one that would make me feel anything.

How does he go out, bros? Pitch me your R2 deaths.

ST: An heir struggling to deal with the past of the hero

Of course Rey could change all that

Darth A. F'ter Effeks is the most badass sith lord ever, literally turned skywalker into a gradient he killed him that bad

At least before then, it was obviously Luke's coming of age as a hero.

The sequel trilogy honestly has the theme of burning away the old so the new can show off.

>Hero redeemed by his son
Not until the final episode was this even hinted at.

>Forgetting works of fiction.
I don't sew the big problem.

ST: Rey is a bad bitch the Force is a WOMAN

It's going to be stupid and boring. So I guess he falls in a trash compactor?

IT WAS HER TURN

Space Feminism

Underrated

It's about Kylo imitating Darth Vader to let Rey save the universe from space nazis.

The Son confronting a new hero.

salty