I met Ramon Perez at C2E2 yesterday, and got some real depressing shit

I met Ramon Perez at C2E2 yesterday, and got some real depressing shit.

>Nova had 20 issues planned
>editor had to fight hard to even get them the last two issues because marvel wanted to end it mid-arc
>rich's armor looking different had backstory planned
>perez sounded really disappointed about it all and loved working on the book

Also, something slightly more uplifting, I asked one of the guys at Marvel's panel today if there were plans for Rich. Apparently, everyone at Marvel loves Rich (and Sam too), and he was very much brought back for a reason, and there are plans for him.

Hopefully...

Other urls found in this thread:

zdarsky.tumblr.com/post/159720103556/it-was-a-short-ride-but-damn-it-was-fun-tomorrow
cosmicbooknews.com/adios-nino-nova-cancelled-again
youtu.be/cEpO1cTmoGk?t=58m31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a real pity. I don't usually read cosmic marvel, but I read this book. It was quite good and fun to read, with a lovely dynamic between an adult with some heavy baggage and a kid with the usual problems of a teen, and both of them were silly at times.

It felt right and even had nice action in there.
Fuck this earth.
They're cancelling Star-Lord, too,
and even it it wasn't everyone's taste, I enjoyed it a lot too. Fuck this earth, again.

Perez was so nice when I spoke with him

Got a commish from him of Sparky the Synthezoid dog, but was unable to pick it up tonight.

I wish him and Jeff the best.

Star Lord's just ending.
Cause the GOTG are going back to space.

It sucks shit, but whether a book is good or not has rarely impacted on its sales. Perez and Loveness did a great job and I look forward to any and all their future work.

The fact even in their first couple of issues they were able to set up some moments for Rich that felt so deserved and had been such a long time in coming was great. And I don't mean just for the character, but in addressing the aftermath of what happened to him and what Sam inherited.

According to Jordan White in his tumblr, Star-Lord got cancelled for low sales.

Yet that comic sold more than Moon Girl and Unbeatable Wasp and those two comics are still going.

It was cancelled:

>Tomorrow is STAR-LORD #6, the last issue of the GROUNDED arc and, sadly, the final issue for the series. I’m immensely proud of what Kris, Matt and I were able to do in those issues: exploring an estranged Peter, finding his footing without the Guardians, on a planet he’s now out of step with.

>And, of course, for those who haven’t been getting the individual issues, the GROUNDED trade will be out soon after, so please check it out. Trade sales won’t save the series, but it may show the higher-ups that a series should breathe a bit before laid out to pasture.

zdarsky.tumblr.com/post/159720103556/it-was-a-short-ride-but-damn-it-was-fun-tomorrow

With the All-New Wolverine this time! Kitty is old and busted, Laura is the new hotness!

I thought people who worked for Marvel weren't allowed to say anything about decisions made by the higher-ups?

Why am I not surprised they had to fight with the current regime to let them try to finish the arc? As for their supposed love for Rider, fuck 'em. If they loved Nova so much, Marvel never would have let Bendis pull this kind of bullshit.

It was cancelled 3 issues in, wasn't it? That's extreme even for Marvel. I'm pretty sure Wasp is at issue 5 now though, so I don't see how you can have weighed up the sales.

That said I know of literally no-one who was buying or even reading Star-Lord and the whole pitch of "the Guardians, on Earth!" was doomed and fucking stupid from the start.

It's certainly true Marvel did fuck all to promote the Star-Lord or Nova book.

I'm assuming both MG and Wasp are doing well in some kind of american platform for schools, given that it's the demo they aim to.

>editor had to fight hard to even get them the last two issues because marvel wanted to end it mid-arc
Yet shit like Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, Hellcat and sooner rather than later America are allowed to limp along.

They're all-ages titles and so have a lower threshold for cancellation. Squirrel Girl and Hellcat were as well.

>I don't usually read cosmic marvel, but I read this book

I'm more partial to how cosmic Marvel was original pitched as a hybrid of Carl Sagan and H.P. Lovecraft. There is beauty in the cosmos, sure, but there's always a blackness, an unknown. It's the same with Aquaman and Namor and I really wish people would realize that instead of saying "HURR DURR, HE TALK TO FISH!!"

>and there are plans for him.

Yeah, they plan to put him in the #1 cycle, cancel his book and repeat

>Nova had 20 issues planned
At this point, you might as well just plan for six issues.

>marvel wanted to end it mid-arc
Now that's plain bullshit on Marvel's part.

>that comic sold more than Moon Girl and Unbeatable Wasp and those two comics are still going.
Also at this point, you may as well just ignore monthly sales for ongoings. It's all but confirmed that Marvel is ignoring those numbers as well.

Namor was originally pitched as a guy who murdered Japanese soldiers.

Well, this isn't a official interview.

Nah, with "Marvel Legacy" they'll be rebooting Nova at #77 or whatever his total solo issue count is.

If you didn't actually buy this book I don't think you can get mad at it.

I'm not saying nobody ITT bought it buy I bet plenty of you didn't.

>I told you fags that a Dick Rider book would bomb. I gave you fags a Dick Rider book. And look what happened? It bombed. -t. Brevoort

Only for certain things of course. Star-Lord and Novas obviously got cancelled due to sales. But they sure as shit are going to keep Carol and Kamala comics in publication despite also selling poorly.

Are you following Aquaman right now? Abnett's totally going for a horror angle in the current arc.

I don't read a lot because they didn't publish a lot here to begin with. It's the sort of thing I like. I mean, I can pirate/loan from the library anything at this point, old and new alike. Or, crazy, even buy it (which I do, when I can, to be honest: I was planning on buy this once they publish it). But it's a hell of a lot of material, to be honest.

It's funny because Breevort took blame on the book failing. He outright said it failed because of him. Of course he was talking about Star-Lord.

Hi Mitch.

Star-Lord will get another ongoing eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Guardians do after the movie makes 2 billions at the box office.

>cosmic

I didn't even pirate the thing I just read the Sup Forums storytime.

I'm glad I didn't waste my money on a lost cause to be completely honest my man.

When James Wan was announced as the director of Aquaman, he Tweeted a quote from Lovecraft.

So that's a point in favor of that film as well.

You are the dumbest fucking shit.

cosmicbooknews.com/adios-nino-nova-cancelled-again

Are Richfags /our guys/?

>didn't waste my money in a book that was scrapped after 7 issues
I'm pretty smart actually.

No, because they're the same kind of fags who would have hated Kyle Rayner when he happened.

Carol & Kamala don't sell as poorly as Nova and Star-Lord.

Well, once Moon Knight ends I'm also reading Occupy Avengers--which will probably be canned this fall, too-- and have PM&IF on hold until it ends, soon., I'm not reading any Marvel book.

I planned to check on Chip's Spider Man, but that's all so far. I my end up liking something else, idk.

Kyle was a shit character anyways and I'm glad Geoff is now there to correct things once and for all.

>I didn't waste my money on a product I enjoyed and wanted to succeed

I bought all the issues out and had Perez sign each one. He was the first person I saw yesterday.

I'm glad I own my copies. It was really nice talking to Perez, and I'll be more than happy to flip through them in the future.

>Claim to love a character
>Don't support his book
Sure, I guess. I fucking buy it, though.

>giving money to Marvel
I'm still right.

Good for you m8.

PM&IF ended last week

You must love bendis books since you can keep spending money for years

Unbeknownst to him his hate for Sam is stronger than his love for Rich kind of a tragic figure if he weren't an asshole.

I don't like Bendis, though I'm glad I bought a few McDonalds burgers instead of the book.

Isnt Hellcat canned.

Oh, alright.

Yes.

Fuck those guys, they are just bitter cucks who are willing to see Rich fail just because DnA isn't writing him and Sam is in the comic. They're bitter jerks and at this point if Abnett had wrote Rich they wouldn't have been satisfied.

Also Abnett said if Marvel were to ask him to write about Sam he would do it.

youtu.be/cEpO1cTmoGk?t=58m31s

Pretty sure they would implode if they knew that.

>Abnett
I loved his Guardians 3000. It was a really nice read, but I'm happy he's DC exclusive, his talent would be wasted if he was still with Marlel.

>DnAfags
>anything but cucks
They're on par with Batfags and X-fags on the cancer scale

Kindly reminder the book failed because literally no one likes Sam.

You're welcome.

Goddamit. Now it just makes me more pissed it's ending.

So it was going to end with issue #5? With Rich going back to the Cancerverse? Jesusfuck Marvel.

>he was very much brought back for a reason, and there are plans for him.
Well yeah, Duggan already said that he's bringing back the Nova Corps for his Guardians of the Galaxy run and that Rich would be a supporting character in the book.

That was another thing. Supposedly Duggan has like... two to three years of Guardians shit planned. They said it's supposed to go back to full cosmic, so here's hoping.

>Rich would be a supporting character in the book.

I know he's going to appear but is he a supporting character?

That said I rather he was in the Ultimates but I guess he has history with the Guardians so he goes there.

I wonder if Rich will keep his Cancerverse powers and if so how Duggan is going to utilize them.

>from headlining an entire brand to being an extra for Baby Groot and nuGuardians

Yeah, he has a 3 year plan and the book is going to be double shipping for at least the first year (assuming it can maintain sales) so that it can hit the ground running. Hopefully Duggan can pull it off, because there's a whole lotta damage control that needs done after Bendis' big fat waste of space.

I meant Nova isn't cosmic anymore

Was gonna buy the trade but got college broke.

Next issue looks pretty cool which makes me even more buttmad about the cancellation.

Can't we pull an Omega Men? But then again this isn't DC

He just needs to keep out from Spartax. Everything Bendis did was pretty forgettable.

Who is the penciler?

It was hinted at C2E2 today that Darkhawk will be joining the team, too.

>Scarlet Witch

>everyone at Marvel loves Rich

As they should.

>(and Sam too)

Who gives a shit?

Didn't Bendis blow up Sparta? Wait, actually, how many space empires haven't had their home planet blown up? Hala and Sparta got destroyed in Bendis' run, Galactus ate Skrullos, the Builders blew up Galador... at this point Chandilar is like the only notable planet left.

Goddamn I might check it out just for that.

One of the most recent Marvel Handbooks gives an explanation about her being evil again

Kuder. So expect good pencils to be ruined by awful coloring, as is the case with most Marvel artists these days.

>One of the most recent Marvel Handbooks gives an explanation about her being evil again
Which is?

Well the Fraternity of Raptors is going to be playing a major role in the opening arcs of the book, so it'd be weird if Darkhawk wasn't involved.

>now
It's been more than a decade now.
And he wrote the gayest Hal and Kyle moment.

Or at least, the fraternity of raptors are coming back, so we'll see.

Guardians sounds alright. Little worried about pacifist Drax, but I have no clue what's even up with him anymore.

He'll probably just hang out until the Fraternity arc is done then they'll probably go full synergy with vol. 2.

Something about the Revengers resurrecting her after Lord Mar-vell pretty much flailed her soul and corrupting her again, I don't remember the details.

I've had the trade preordered for the last two months.
It's coming out on my birthday and everything.

Soon you won't be posting here at all, silver linings for everyone

I can only buy pacifist Drax if he tries to be pacifist but then totally fucks up and ragequits said pacifism.

You know you're not that lucky, user.

Duggan's said the team's roster will be shifting pretty quickly and he's made it sound like on twitter before that he'd like Darkhawk as a member.

>ywn have plane orgasms

Now Cancerverse Thanos shouldn't exist, isn't he like perma dead in that universe?

>Kuder
Death of X intensifies

Yes, that's literally the reason why they could kill Death in the first place.

>those women
I'm glad Gamora already looks like shit with her new costume anyways though I'm fearing Mantis will suffer.

Fuck. I kept saying I was going to pick it up but I never did. God damn I was just getting into Nova. This is partially my fault damn it.

The big problem with the book was that it was too adult oriented

The themes were dealing with the loss of a parent when you're middle aged, being a decent role model to a teenager, dealing with the consequences of the acts of children, etc

A teen wasn't going to look at this book and be engaged, and unfortunately young adults fetishise saving a handful of dollars by not supporting media they're into

We're stuck with comics that will never last further than one volume for actual adult themes like this

Yeah as if the 20 anons who didn't bought it would have made a difference.

Sam just doesn't sell.

I won't lie I'm a little anxious about Peter and Rich reuniting even though Peter is not the same person anymore (and has been written like shit by Bendis and Humphries).

Rich will claim he had ooga chaka on his cyber implants all the time during their time in the United Front.

Goddammit. I must agree: that coloring is plain awful.
Those inks would looks a lot better with defined shadows and lights and / or a lot softer gradient.
Even plain colors would be better.

Not that it matters, but Zdarsky Star-Lord was nice.

I trust Duggan to give a shit about him and make him suffer like no tomorrow.

He's not though. It's not worth buying floppies from Marvel because they relaunch and get dragged into shitty events all the time

All the coloring in the world wouldn't unJUST Crystal and fix those horrible noses though.

Peter's dead and Rich knows this. It's really Grargaroth who has been around