What's Sup Forums opinion on Demolition Man?

What's Sup Forums opinion on Demolition Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKwZB_AsSXc
youtube.com/watch?v=hqLUbmpuVw4
youtube.com/watch?v=-9D4V3JDHHk
youtube.com/watch?v=mnxu9CfeHN4
vimeo.com/235066402
youtube.com/watch?v=a69pHYYUyx0
youtu.be/UuWZIL_heb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Needed more Rob Schneider.

> Phoooooeeeeeniiiiiiix!!!!!

Excellent depiction of a dystopian future.

It's a classic.

I bet you enjoyed Judge Dredd

Can't believe I'm saying this but Sandra Bullock was really hot in this. Something about her bobbed hairstyle and innocent / oblivious way she acted.

great movie great villain

Very much this!

Too bad the sex scene flashes were not her but a silicone enhanced body double.

who didn't?

RAWB SHNIYDURRRRRR
youtube.com/watch?v=tKwZB_AsSXc
youtube.com/watch?v=hqLUbmpuVw4
youtube.com/watch?v=-9D4V3JDHHk

golden age of cinema

not this fucking trash heap we have had since the 00s

Accurate depiction of the future
>white society becomes liberal
>gets fucked up by the blackman

How do you use them?

the clam licks the shit out of you

I wish that saying 'Boggle' had caught on.

the RTL cut the first baton scene here, the last time i saw. where Sly shocks random guy with it.

I love how it predicted that fast food chains would be luxury restaurants. McDees is already going that way with their luxury burgers.

I can't remember, are they items you use, or are they buttons? If they are like buttons, then I doubt it would be much different from Japanese hi-tech toilets.

I gets more and more accurate every year. Incredibly prophetic

the van damme-rodman ripoff was more kino

Anti-soy kino

>How do you use them?

They're just buttons to control various functions. It's just an advanced water jets, vacuums, and perfume.

>RTL cut

What's RTL?

>the last time i saw. where Sly shocks random guy with it.

Great gag.

Kino

is there anything more reddit that actually trying to "figure out" how the seashells work?

kys

She only forced me to fap in one other movie. Miss Congenital Heart Defect.

Probably those yoga pants as well.

absolute action kino

>You're on TV!

Also what a cluster fuck when the mouths still don't match. Because they couldn't decide which fast food restaurant to promote with their shitty joke

>What's RTL?
RTL Group, a European TV, radio, and production company

90's Slykino

What was the deal with the whole taco bell and pizza hut thing in this movie?

Reddit Tier Line

They won the fast food wars brainlet.

It was Taco Bell in the states, and Pizza Hut everywhere else.

My exgf used to work at pizza hut and I think they're both owned by YUM!

Reminds me of biscuits and gravy.

Yeah. A few hears after this movie, they had combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bells.

They might've changed the winner of the fast food wars because Taco Bell wasn't that well known outside of the US.

Excuse me? Ar you questioning the judgement of Dr. Cocteau? WIthout him San Angeles would be a wasteland!

(USER WAS FINED ONE CREDIT FOR THIS POST)

This may interest you, that dress she wore at Taco Bell (Pizza Hut in international versions) was so heavy due to the stones it was made from it kept falling off of her.

Actually it's localization.

Countries like Australia and England don't have Taco Bell so they made it PIzza hut so it woudl be relevant to them. Still a dumb idea and in the non US version you can still see the taco bell logo here and there during that scene.

Its still not matching in the BR. In some versions the subs says the complete opposite.

See

Imagine that overpowering garlic smell of PH kitchens, mixed with TB "meat". It might smell delicious or gross.

I watched this movie last night for the first time in ages. Pure kino.

The original or the Disney remake?

You mean that choker opened up?
Lawdy lawd.

When I lived in Bloomington, IL in 2003 I used to drive to Mantino, IL on weekends to play in an RPG group. They had what we called the Kentaco Hut.

KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

I'd get takeout form the drive-thru but never went in. Now you have me wondering what the kitchen smelled like.

Their media is just a removed HDD platter. I'm too lazy to screen it, but it's right before Sly starts knitting.

Yep, the whole dress would just fall off. I have no idea what she had on underneath but man, that's prime Bullock, only time I have ever found her attractive.

I wonder if they do specialty pizzas with the other franchise ingredients.

It really is a final relic of a lost but cherished era (same year as Last Action Hero). They don't produce movies like these anymore. It's strange because it's the kind of film that would have more recognition today if it had been directed by an auteur like Verhoeven (both Robocop and DM have that Dredd-influenced violent action and satire). The director Marco Brambilla did nothing afterwards except some art projects and the Power video for Kanye. But besides Stallone, it had an all-star production crew:
- produced by Joel Silver, whose productions almost single-handedly defined the 80-90's action genre (Die Hard, Predator, Commando, Lethal Weapon, Last Boy Scout, and eventually The Matrix)
- written by Daniel Waters who was one of the best and hottest 90's writers (besides Shane Black or QT) and often snuck in literate references and sharp satire in otherwise pleb Hollywood material (in this case Huxley's BNW),
- cinematography by Alex Thomson who was Roeg's protegee and one of the DPs who most defined the style of the 80's with his work for Boorman, Mann, R. Scott, Cimino.

Look at Waters filmography:
>Heathers (1988)
>Hudson Hawk (1991)
>Batman Returns (1992)
>Demolition Man (1993)
>Catwoman unproduced script (1995)
They're all filled with unique style, social satire of PC culture, batshit insane ideas and comedy, etc. none of his scripts would get produced today.

When you combine these three you have a film that is smart (Waters), entertaining (Silver) and ages well visually (Thomson). Nowadays blockbusters are none of the above, old-school producers have been replaced by suits over-relying on market data and focus groups+ filmmakers handpicked for their servility to said suits (typically from TV productions) even if they can't direct effecient spectacle + writers with creative personality just get filtered out so you end up with the most generic formula-following hack shit + cheap photography (again, the mindset of cheap and disposable TV productions).

Hudson Hawk wasn't that bad. It came out on Showtime when I was a teen and I was unaware that it asspained the critics.

Watched it at least 20 times as a kid. Kind of hate how it's getting a bit of a meme status lately. I liked it before it was cool

Fun for a watch, but not really a movie that endures time that well.

>Stallone Snipes Demolition Man
What kind of an odd name is this for a movie, and why is Stallone playing himself?

Its made for memes. With the 3 seashells, the cast and little things in the background. Don't get all hipster on us please? It was a childhood flick for some of us too.

Couldn't be done nowdays. Love the flick.

Sadly not, I did ask once.

However the Mexican Pizza is my favorite Taco Bell item. I never hear anyone else tlak about it, though.

It was pretty great. We should remake it (with modern sensibilities, of course) so the younger generations can be introduced to it!

Nah, it still holds up.

i think it funny a american actor having the word snipes because it have SNIP right in the name

they cut off their kids penises

It wouldn't work in third world countries because it has man in the title.

It inspired me my way to greet people and to have sex (thanks Occulus).

>with modern sensibilities, of course

I am fairly certain the city of San Angeles *does* have modern sensibilities.

nice post

Good job on asking bro.

Pure Kino

>Judge Dredd
+Best sets
+A budget
+Mean machine and Hammerhead
-judge helmets suck
-worst Dredd
-worst plot
-rob fucking schneider

>Dredd 3D
+best chin
+the raid but with Dredd
+Anderson a qt
+actually good looking judge costumes
-3D meme
-literally south africa with crap CG

More like dystopian reality of 2010s

Yes Sweetie, San Angeles is perfect but the story needs adjusting! With today's political climate, portraying Simon Phoenix as an African-American is irresponsible and immoral.

I really like Hudson Hawk, it's the opposite of a bland action blockbuster, it's beautifully directed, has a lot of imagination and some clever gags and set pieces. 80-90's blockbusters like this, Burton Returns, Temple of Doom or Big Trouble in Little China, Darkman or Joe Dante's films... which borrowed heavily from old cartoons, fast-paced serials, slapstick comedy or comics books age really well because while low-brow they focused heavily on visual storytelling and being creative. They had a sense of fun and wonder we lost today and didn't care about shoving in PC bullshit or pleasing everybody.

proved to be a prophetic movie. fun popcorn fun.

Frighteningly accurate portrayal of the future. Prime Sandra Bullock. Stallone. Great one liners. Great action pieces. Underrated kino.

See Pic.

>Hammerhead

Hammerstein.

>best chin
Oh! Never mind, you were just trolling all along.

Well maybe, maybe not. Did you ask him what race he identifies as, shitlord?

>Prime Sandra Bullock

Good to know other people were thinking what I have been thinking all these years.

How great is him timing his robberies to songs on his walkman?

You know, when they released the NES game there was some contest to either see the set after filming or get to go to the museum or something. I forget. Game was a piece of shit, but the promotional contest was neat.

>Darkman

Muh niggah!

Also, speaking of shit NES games...

That aside, even the worst of the Darkman trilogy was decent. Did you ever see the television series pilot?

>which borrowed heavily from old cartoons

Ever see this
?

youtube.com/watch?v=mnxu9CfeHN4

It's based on the Tim Burton Batman and also is based on old Looney Toons movement.

>How great is him timing his robberies to songs on his walkman?
It's such a simple but great, purely cinematic idea; it predates Baby Driver by 25 years.
>Batman Animated Series - Original Pilot
That's a really cool find. I love the aesthetics of TAS and especially the intro and title cards, for the same reasons as Returns and Darkman are the only capeshit movies I enjoy (the influences of old WB noir/gangster movies mixed with old WB cartoons which were already parodying WB films + they also understood these influences had influences themselves, like noir had German expressionism and Chuck Jones had silent slapstick, and you also find them in these projects... When Burton/TAS animators or Raimi/Coen Bros borrow from these styles it's doesn't feel like gratuitous references but like they're logically following the evolution and adding to their history). "A mixture of invention and homage" like this guy says.

vimeo.com/235066402

HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT SHELLS ARE FOR?!

Great analogy. Snipes is basically a mudslime in western europe

This may be odd on a Tibetan basket painting forum, but if you want to talk film sometime I'm on Skype as [email protected]

You seem pretty well versed and well spoken to boot, certainly wouldn't be bad company.

Thanks a lot, you shit-brained, fuck-faced, ball-breaking, duck-fucking pain in the ass.

;D

Stallone's best film

When I think of Wesley Snipes now it always at least reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=a69pHYYUyx0
>"You pick the pale englishman everytime."

>Ironically

It's coincidental, not ironic.

Reddit seashell toilet humor invalidates it as kino

It was 20 years before reddit, you limp noodle.

had a really unfitting soundtrack youtu.be/UuWZIL_heb4

And how long before you have I been here? Sup Forums proclaimed it such years ago while you were still sucking teat

Longer on this world, longer on Sup Forums and a longer penis than you GUARANTEED.

"Boggle" is Demolition Man's triggered

>STALLONE SNIPES

It made me loyal to Taco Bell.

>Sylvester Wesley