Strong women

Nerds over the decades never had a problem with accepting female heroes. From barbarella to the alien movies with rippley.
How come people who were never interested in SciFi or pop culture until big bang theory made it fashionable have to turn not liking garbage movies into a political thing now?
I didn't like John carter with a male lead and the new Star wars with a female one. Doesn't mean I did either for political reasons.

Modern female heroes aren't badass.

Bait but I'll take it
Literally nobody had a problem with Ellen Ripley in the Alien movies.

THIS

The biggest problem with this strong woman concept aside from it being completely unrealistic is that most males don't have a dominatrix fetish.

Revelation Space, a book, has dozens of scenes with strong, independent women talking about things that aren't men. It's also a dense, layered work with a complex narrative related using interesting concepts and striking imagery. On top of this, the women aren't all cunts, and the biggest cunts get out down like rabid dogs when they do retarded shit, almost exclusively by other women.
Eon by Greg Bear is a book about a Latina physicist who saves the human race by solving the mystery of a hollow asteroid that has recently entered Earth's solar system and making contact with the civilization of post-humans from the future living inside it on the eve of a nuclear war.
Nemesis by Isaac Asimov is about a girl who can communicate with a superorganism living on a planet orbiting a recently discovered star 2 LY from Earth and the contexts scientific, economic, social, and political surrounding its discovery.
Aurora by Kim Stanely Robinson is about a girl with a low IQ who takes on a leadership role aboard a generation ship that returns to Earth when its destination proves non viable for colonization.
Any of these books are worth your time and money more than Nu Wars: The Purple Menace will ever be, assuming you can handle stories with strong women, which most people who actually like SF can.

Sure thing OP let's talk about how you're right
Truth is gender wars is a smoke screen manipulating the masses into believing there is such a thing. Nobody rational really cares.
We used to have badass and well done female mains, now everything is done for the sake of PC and diversity.
It's not a gender or race problem. Post modernism is cancer because it creates a fictional war that brainlets believe in, and it ultimately ends in the consequent destruction of any chance of a good female or "diverse" character.
It sacrifices quality and plot for PC points.
It's
>Lets maek a moobie about a stromk independent womyn
vs
>Lets make a story with an awesome char who just happens to be a female because it looks badass

fpbp

You're blaming this on postmodernism when the problem is the consumer and executive-oriented form of filmmaking that has been the norm for a very long time. Also postmodernism is almost as old as film. Your analysis leaves much to be desired. Stop watching Jordan Peterson videos.

Strong women and feminist themes have indeed been a common theme in science fiction for many decades. Star Wars, though, was admittedly somewhat tropey and simplistic with its presentation of women. Star Wars and Trek are the only things that normies know about science fiction though (despite nerds barely even seeing SW as proper SF) so that's why they think it's some new subversive thing to have stronk women in it.

Honestly... I don't care that much to make an elaborate analysis and watch some guy's videos to form my opinion. What I posted, is what I see. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there's more, but I'm really not that much into it.
Also
>old as film
Reminder that tendencies last for decades and grow stronger or fade away... Now, it's stronger than ever. PC is everywhere, and it's far more cancerous than before, and you'd have to be an idiot to not notice this.

If political correctness were truly universal then Trump and Modhi and Netanyahu would never have been elected.

contrarian faggots always hated thing others like
if twitter existed in 1979 and and was full of "holy shit rippley is such a strong womyn #grrlpower #maletears" then you bet your ass Sup Forums would be full of posts about muh fox shills and spam-vote on RT until Alien is sub 50%

this
both the "sjw/liberal/whatever" and the "alt-right/pol/whatever" extremes are mostly fueled by social media

Did you read the post? This is literally what OP said

>postmodernism is almost as old as film
"no"

How hard is to just put a woman trying her best on screen?, sadly the closest thing we got to pic related was Ellie from Prometheus and they killed her off.

Ripley was a good character
the girl from SW is a cardboard cutout mary sue

Forgot pic

I didn't even have to MSPaint this picture, it showed up in Google looking like this.

Trying your best is an opressive construct created by white men (also widely used by asians, but they are uncle toms).
Strong Independent Womyn shouldn't try hard, as she's entiteled for the success.

>then
>a woman that would make you feel lucky just to cum on her shoulder blades

>now
>some pudgy cunt that would suck your dick while you call for a taxi ride home

>Implying a movement doesnt generate opposing forces
>Thinking in absolutes
Are you intentionally trying to argue by looking for ridiculous ways to twist things?

Come with me if you want to eat

Stop saying bullshit

>ywn have sci-fi movies with legit strong women protags without being absolute mary-sues ever again

fuck this feel

here's a secret Sup Forumstards:

the "shills" as you call them aren't here to change your politicals opinions. that is retarded and you are retarded for believing it

they are here to rile you up, make you hate everything, and send you off to posting wars on various social media platforms
this generates traffic which in turn generates money for their bosses

The fuck is your problem?

ctd
what you can do? vote with your wallet
trying to force your contrarian opinions on the internet only makes them more money
don't like star wars? don't support it.
that is your only strength as a consumer

With the recent SJW trend it's weird they're not adapting something like Hallo Jones or the entire fucking bibliography of Ursula LeGuin.

LeGuin being ignored is especially baffling, here are perfectly good, proper feminist science fiction stories written by an ACTUAL WOMAN. Instead they hire male writers to hijack a male auteur's life project to be a vehicle for something it was never meant to be about in the first place.

nobody would fucking watch a film based on a feminist book
only pop culture matters

Ursula LeGuin books are not feminist books, they are decent fantasy books written by a feminist. That lack of virtue signalling is unacceptable for SJW

Depends on which book we're talking about

The Left of Hand of Darkness was very openly and explicitly about gender politics

I'm starting to suspect pop culture doesn't even matter.

A lot of the feminist "intellectuals" start with a premise, then immediately veer that premise right back into their feminist bullshit without changing one detail of it, to the extent that they don't seem to give a fuck about the original topic.

This article kind of blew me away because it's filibuster length and it basically just enunciates the same thing over and over - that Facebook is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that Airbnb is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that Uber is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that Wall Street is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that Netflix is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that Hollywood is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that public transportation is full of toxic masculinity and misogyny, that programs designed to combat toxic masculinity and misogyny are full of toxic masculinity and misogyny

I used to think it was but now I believe that some of these writers are just full-blown schizos

Having a strong female lead isn't important today, telling everyone you have a strong female lead is.

The character or movie doesn't need to be good. The character doesn't actually need to be very badass. The important part is that the movie tells you the character is great and badass.

The issue is the way it's implimented in the story. Before it was written straight with no one mentioning that it was a woman or still utilizing womanly traits in a heroic fashion.

Now it's either women acting like men; which would be almost acceptable if they didn't have neon fucking signs pointing it out every second they have. It disrespects the craft and takes you out of the movie. They might as well be breaking the fourth wall.

This includes all pandering lately and it's truly in everything. I'm tired of writers using stories as a means to stand on a soap box and lecture the viewer. Just tell me a fucking story.

actually most of the "shills" are regular folks with opposing opinions, and Sup Forumstards have simply found an easy way to devalue such opinions
though it is also true that some folks are also simply baiting - but most of the people baiting are simply doing so for the reaction

This.

Ripley was quite literally a woman acting like a man. The writer didn't even decide she was a woman until the last second.

Emily BLunt(?) Edge of Tomorrow is a recent example of a good and accepted female badass.

is she a badass?

Camerons movie will deliver unless they rape her character

Yes but also a massive qt.

Not enough virtue signalling in this movie. Also the villain was a woman and was killed by a man which is completely unacceptable and tantamount to rape

How misogynistic. Don't you know that strong womyn have to be pudgy teenage girls or insectoid body snatchers like daisy ridley?

My apologies, my feminine overlord... erm, lady. I'll go back to praising Kelly Marie Tranny's statuesque physique.

I fucking love 80-90 female protag. Yes, they were 'badass'.
Today a female protag is only a real'''badass'' if she tells directly males to fuck off.
Also you are allowed to put miscasted models who cant act like Gal Gadot as WW and call her badass for no reason. If you say anything against that you are being misogynistic.

Nah, the woman who wrote that article looks like the picture of mental stability

Because she was human. She was a bitch. We all know an Ellen Rippley

>nstead they hire nu-male writers to hijack a male auteur's life project to be a vehicle for something it was never meant to be about in the first place.
Corrected it for you! ;-) Otherwise, you're right.

The ratio was pretty small back then. Now it is nearly everything.

that film was shit.

>bimmin be like totally equal 2men
>baw! muh female mustik es loss

This!!1!
The last one after a long time was Furiosa.

What the fuck are you even saying? Sup Forums is an English only website.

@91769296

I want Anissa super tittie's on screen.

The Forbidden Planet describes the situation rather well. The deepest inner desire is purely savage. Women drive progress by putting demands on men in exchange for children. The progress happen when men compete with each other to improve the situation for the woman. If the womans demands are too unreasonable, no man will even attempt to satisfy her. Men limit the savage nature of women by a calculation of risk vs reward. Due to feminism, society as a whole is obliged to deliver womens demands no matter how unreasonable they are, which leads to a rapid escalation of increasingly insane, expensive and dangerous demands to the detriment of society as a whole.

Cmon user.
Corporations create problems via media-propelled narratives, then offer consumers a "solution" via the monetary support and social media engagement of the corporation's product. It goes deeper but that's a spoonful for babby today.

Not OP but Thanks for the recommendations user

Because 'over the decades' female heroes in fiction were just that. In fiction.
But over the last 10-15 years we've seen massive pushes towards extending the 'stronk womyn' delusion into real fucking life.

Female police officers, female firefighters, female fucking *soldiers*, all of them lowering the standards of our public institutions and costing the public more money for less effectiveness. They can't do the job properly and now they're letting female soldiers into actual combat roles the delusion is going to get people killed.

One wonders how such mass retardation gripped society, and you think that maybe it's because every form of media for the last 30 years has neglected to portray women realistically. That is physically weak, practically incapable of matching a man in combat, and severely prone to cracking & breaking (literally) under endurance tests. Yet no one seems to actually know these things any more, at least not to the extent they are in reality.

Literally read this paste verbatim 15 minutes ago in a different thread.
Man Disney must be working they're bots pretty hard for opening weekend

>Female police officers, female firefighters, female fucking *soldiers*
And my bet is that all of these would be able to kick your ass.

Because a female hero in the 1980s was at her heart a women from the 1980s, even if she lived in the future of space or a postapocalyptic wasteland.
By contrast, modern Western women and as a result the female "heroes" that are based on them are kind of fucking terrible. Oh don't get me wrong, modern Western men are pretty fucking awful too, but women seem to have fallen farther.

Linda Carter
>trained and got /fit/ as fuck to have an actual commando body, almost fucked up her hormones on the process
Emilia Clark
>lol accept my body dont opress me

Based Linda Hamilton even trained for the weapons she shot in the movie

Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor were characters that grew into strong MATRONLY women. Initially, they both fight for survival (T1 and Alien). In the sequels (T2 and Aliens), both are fighting to save a child.

Feminists hate this because it identifies a woman's role as a motherly caretaker which they claim is too limiting. Ironically and despite cries for a "matriarchy", feminists hate the idea of women being matrons (ie mothers).

The new "stronk womyn" emulate men and that is why it looks so odd.

Nobody even rips off these characters. They just make their own lame-o mary sue nowadays.