/who/ - Doctor Who General

Jodie's Hangover edition

last-o:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/942751245500116997
twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/942574051368849409
yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/results#/survey/54be73d0-6ad7-11e7-8cde-a6b53c1dce63/question/a523f700-6ad7-11e7-b4bb-5a4b9f5f534f/toplines
twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/942761075405189121
twitter.com/AnonBabble

check that

Fag

Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Here's how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account

Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization >Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.

Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want
Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks) For added safety, choose items fulfilled by amazon to avoid possible sharing of your personal address!

Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses

Step 5:???

Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, that's not what this is about.
Would like everyone who participates to receive a gift, so if you see a ** next to someone's list, move onto the next one that hasn't received a gift.

Gift Givers, please reply with the list you
purchased for so it can be noted. Also change the URL to smile.amazon.com so a portion of the sale will be passed on to the charity of your choice!

17514VADVEQIM**
DGXY4RJPSQWB**
2CG83V99TQ9RD
OFSL0NT2DR5U**
2IZSELC8RIKC9**
1ICTY5EYJA536
2HR8QCNPF2EJV
2869K8NQWTDYU**
3PAIZYX4T3S3W -Amazon . co . uk**
1MXNH09BNBX5 -Amazon . co . uk
2IZ3HNTFTN5L1 -Amazon . co . uk**
3CAH1CFP6G2EL**
2YB70I6MMXBS3**
323YTTMPJ785K
262G3I4KG1F45
3HGMMHSH5SX4K
2MQZUPOL0CKTX-Amazon . co . uk
2HYIJO0I43LA7-Neo**
1G2S444Y78RO5-Amazon . co . uk**
3V8DHXR5U4LJX -Amazon .co .uk
22DPUTUPGZTCG
37NRLTRDGWL6P
user requests a the Radical Doctor Lym requests Jess art. ?
user requests art of a Ironside trying to make tea. ?
Post your lists!
Don't want a physical gift? Make a request for OC arts, Vocaroo holiday greeting, or something else maybe? Perhaps someone will fulfill your request!
Merry /who/mas!
Will add them to the copy pasta for the next thread.

twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/942751245500116997
Bet you all wanted to know that

Nice.

>it's not really clara
>just bill taking her form

in his mind he's still humble bragging
i don't want to be like him so i hope my 2 year dry spell ends soon

is Bill piss too now?

wow

>tfw you killed doctor who

Just so you know there's heavy rumours flowing around that if the Jodie era doesn't go down well the BBC will just relegate Doctor Who to CBBC in future and leave it there to die on hardly any budget at all.

They'd rather that than accept the woman Doctor was a bad idea and revert back to a male.

You are probably lying, but I hope it's true.

Information from a reliable source, surely

me ass lad

A reliable ass

Is the Jodie era not doing well ? I don't watch DH.

I fucking hate Judy

Only 6 days left until Doctor Who Christmas Special. I wonder if we get to see FemDoc (for more than 5 seconds at the very end of the Episode)

Thanks. I think i understand, now.

It hasn't even started yet.

Gotcha.

It's not doing well even before its start

How do you know that?

Backslash against it is huge

>huge

Backlash against a new doctor is always huge.

It's never been bigger.
Smith and Capaldi reveal trailers on youtube have 10-15% dislikes top
Jodie has 40%

Normies don't like that kind of swaps, the fanbase is actually tamer than the general public (I.E 80% of the viewing figures) in that regard
Chibnall has damaged DW's lore and its brand for life

The YouTube like/dislike ratio is hardly a reliable and representative sample, mate.

Learn to statistics.

>huge
It's definately big but it's not enough to kill it. I think I remember Matt Smith having a harder time back then.

A large part of the fanbase is completely okay with this and downright excited about Jodie, I'd go as far as to say almost all of the fanbase. Non-viewers are interested and are right to tune in for the first episode, and the show hasn't gotten this much buzz since the 50th. The choice has revitalized interest in the show at least.

imo it's all on Chibnall to not fuck up and make people interested to tune in after the first episode. Because the first has a guaranteed good audience. Bigger than the Capaldi era at least.

Yes it is
Learn to internet

The representative sample is actually the small group of people that were for a female Doctor

>imo it's all on Chibnall to not fuck up and make people interested to tune in after the first episode. Because the first has a guaranteed good audience. Bigger than the Capaldi era at least.

I'm against a female Doctor, but I agree with most of your post.
I'm not sure that Chib is good enough to nail his first episode though, Moffat did amazingly well in that regard and I'm not sure he'll be as persuasive.

A self-selecting, non-stratified sample isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Again, learn to statistics. Your comment about a representative sample shows you really aren't familiar with statistical theory.

It's not self selecting, you can look on social medias, on facebook there's angry faces everywhere, on twitter people are pissed, on youtube there's dislike, RIL people groan.
Alex Kingston and Peter Davison were shunned for having the balls to speak against it, Chibnall and Moffat say there's no backslash as damage control.
The show is in a dire situation

>Alex Kingston and Peter Davison were shunned for having the balls to speak against it.
Alex liked the idea of a female doctor and even asked to be on a future episode with Jodie.

>on facebook there's angry faces everywhere, on twitter people are pissed, on youtube there's dislike
That always happens when a new doctor is announced dude, it's nothing new.

puppy dogs growling for nothing
they all will be licking her boots after episode 2

>Peter Davison

Prepare to be BTFO'd
Jodie is too weak of an actress to even play a female Doctor
He's based as fuck, before Jodie was announced /who/ respected its opinion about that
Wonder what happened

>#4YearsSinceMyLastShag
>4 years planning his revenge

The HAS to be a connection.

twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/942574051368849409

None of those are statistical surveys, and are rife with self-selection bias and a lack of any form of population strata. This is basic statistical theory, mate.

Better yet, let me refer you to YouGov's poll conducted immediately following the announcement:
yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/results#/survey/54be73d0-6ad7-11e7-8cde-a6b53c1dce63/question/a523f700-6ad7-11e7-b4bb-5a4b9f5f534f/toplines

If anything, I expect that the positive/neutral responses would have only increased since the initial announcement, as a lot of people who initially reacted negatively would've mellowed out since then.

Is hoodie back to shit up another thread?

>responding to judy

Leftist academics don't work in real life, kiddo.

>Taking anything Judy says seriously

twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/942761075405189121
He's gonna drop the biggest dwsr video ever

I trully wants Jodies to succeed and have 4 seasons

Is it not doing well before it's start because it hasn't started yet? Or is there something else? I sense some cynicism ITT.

>It's not self selecting, you can look on social medias
Okay.
>on facebook there's angry faces everywhere
Unless you actively look for it, I don't even know what you're talking about. The response on facebook has been excellent.
It's one of the reasons why this is the first gender-swap in history to work. There's no ghostbusters-style outrage from the masses, most people like her.
>on twitter people are pissed
Same with facebook. I remember pretty much just all excitement on the day of the announcement.
>on youtube there's dislike
In only one video, and it's the announcement one. The one where people would be most reactionary.
>RIL people groan
Again, depends on what you go looking for. Most people I've talked to about this are either interested or feeling the same they've always felt for Doctor Who (Don't care)

>Peter Davison shunned for speaking against it
Casual reminder that all Davison said was that boys lost a role model, which is something I understand even if I don't agree. There was some outrage from liberals but saying he was shunned is dishonest.

>Chibnall and Moffat say there's no backslash as damage control
They were just stating the facts, honestly.

>The show is in a dire situation
It's never been this talked about for years.

>In only one video, and it's the announcement one. The one where people would be most reactionary.
No, there's several websites that psoted that video and it was baldy received anywhere.
>There was some outrage from liberals but saying he was shunned is dishonest.
He was pushed out of twitter and mocked by Colin during the biggest convention in the world.
>They were just stating the facts, honestly.
No, it's pure PR.
>It's never been this talked about for years.
Not for good reason. You seem to don't understand the difference between the internet fanbase (very "porgressist", likes it) and the average Joe that should represent 85% of the viewing figures under Chibnall (which does not get it and does not care about DW anymore).
Thus putting half the fanbase at your back was a bad move.

Testing..

> Chibnall (which does not get it and does not care about DW anymore).
>He doesn't care about it even though he accepted being the showrunner

Do you even watch the show?

>Not for good reason

>which does not get it and does not care about DW anymore).
Was obviously talking about the viewers, not Chibnall

Guys, I had to do a factory reset. So all my pdfs, my TV eps, my audios, and my fanfics I've written, are gone completely.

I had some rare stuff on there...

>and the average Joe that should represent 85% of the viewing figures
The Average Joe wouldn't care that much to complain and whine about it constantly like Sup Forums does

Yeah, so he won't even watch it

>it's a hoodie episode

>the only fucking active admin is adding non-Who, non-/who/ pages to the wiki

Happened to me a few years ago. Had some classic /who/ material.

DoctorWhoGeneral is never gonna turn up again, is he? We'll never get based Neo/catharticspurious/Lym/Cats admin team.

Abandon wikia for a selfhosted wiki!

this is hilarious i can't wait. the dwsr saga is so entertaining, can't believe some sourpusses actually tell people to stop posting them.

>lym
>based

This is getting too autistic, and I don't mean the pages, I mean people's reactions to them. Oh fucking no, tucked away somewhere on the wiki is a 1-line-long Sup Forums meme, the purity of the wiki is ruined. Who gives a shit. Nobody is actually using the wiki as a resource.

t. broken mirrors

What's your problem with him user?

>knowingly summoning mongo

agreed

Says the person who didn't know what "fuck offerino" meant.

>muh memes

Like I said before the only thing Lym deserves is a noose to hang himself with.

>taking anything Judy says seriously

You mean when you got BTFO by loads of /who/res for saying that?

What's /who/ with you?

> loads of /who/res
Lym with his alt accounts doesn't count.

>nobody can like this person I hate for arbitrary reasons!

>No, there's several websites that posted that video and it was baldy received anywhere.
Again, it's only for the initial announcement video. And 1/3 in dislikes is not badly received, there is still 2/3rds that liked it.

>He was pushed out of twitter and mocked by Colin during the biggest convention in the world.
Alright, I'll give you the Twitter one, the place is a fucking nuthouse. But Colin is not only a heavily opinionated person but someone that's known Peter for years, I don't know the nature of their relationship but I'm willing to bet they're friends. Peter's a big boy that can handle a friend telling him he's wrong, especially in mockery.

>No, it's pure PR.
This is boiling down to pure opinions now.

Jodie is not as divisive as you think, as time went by after the initial announcement she has become less and less controversial and most of the response that you find online is positive.
M8 I think the language barrier got me on your last point because I don't think I understood it.
Your distinction between the internet fanbase and the average joe is needless. You even point out that the average joe doesn't care about the show, having a female doctor and not having her would change nothing. How does the average joe represent most of the viewing figures? Doesn't he not care? Doesn't the internet fanbase and average joe eventually overlap?
I'm not fucking getting it.

Look, I don't think she show is as dire as you think. There's definitive backlash but it's nothing that can't be stopped with a great trailer or her appearance in the Christmas Special. People just need to be sold on her.
We're in that state that the show always goes through when there's a change, it's only that this time the change happened on a more troubled time where people are crazy politically.
This has happened 12 times before and it only killed the show once. It'll be alright.

Fuck off Lym

Lym is gone.

t. Lymerence

16:05:50
16:06:56

hmmmm

Did you forget to take your medication today Lym?

why aren't you banned for encouraging suicide yet, mongo

The regeneration scene in the second TUAT trailer isn't a fake out, they actually put the fucking regeneration footage in the trailer because they have no concept of surprises.

I hope Chibs puts pressure on them to rein this shit in. We all know that he's protective of spoilers, after all.

I am not a mongo
I am THE mongo
The original you might say

I don't understand you lads is the doctor regenerating in this ep some kinda thing you wasn't expecting?

You just spoiled it for us dude.

The show can be killed a second time if they aren't careful.

The writing is down the gutter, it's infested with Identity Politics that have gone overboard in recent years, the stories are stale and lackluster, the budget is getting way too low, it's nowhere near as engaging, hell the fanbase is becoming incredibly toxic.

The Jodie Whittaker thing, is a blatant attempt to appeal to the feminist crowd, and there is a 50/50 split between those for and against Jodie. Many are against her, not because it's a female, but because people are very concerned it will be like that episode Thin Ice, but way way way worse with constant feminist pandering.

Sure, it's a different showrunner, but so far Chibnall has done nothing to alleviate these concerns. That he chose the doctor because he wanted a female is also a red flag that there is a political agenda behind the decision...

Are you a bee? Because I can't hear you over all those buzzwords.

>1 or 2 jokes that refer to politics
>REEE IT'S TOO MUCH ITS INFESTED WITH IT REEEEEE!!!

>the budget is getting way too low,
Any proof?
>the stories are stale and lackluster
S10 is by far the most solid season we've gotten since S5

>but because people are very concerned it will be like that episode Thin Ice
All Thin Ice had was that whitewash joke you retards keep spamming.

>That he chose the doctor because he wanted a female is also a red flag that there is a political agenda behind the decision...
Not everything has to be about a fucking agenda. Why does Sup Forums always use this shit as a buzzword? The show's ratings are in the gutter and the female doctor has made the show popular again.

I wish you guys can give a solid argument about the female doctor without using the most basic buzzwords or cringy Sup Forums terms.

Kek. He's got no *evidence*, the silly sausage. If he continues with this farce, he's gonna make himself look a bigger fool than the stalkers.