Episode 8 The Last Jedi IS a masterpiece...

Episode 8 The Last Jedi IS a masterpiece. It broke any and all connections old fans still had to it by making the story absolutely nonsensical. A quipfest bordering on a pure comedy.

Luke represents the old fan guiding Rey through the world of the Jedi because she thinks she is supposed to like the movie because of advertisers and societies brainwashing.
Luke explains that the Jedi are not what everybody thinks they are, they were always corrupted and arrogant, never actually helped anyone. Luke is the one person who really understood that there will always be conflict even for the most retarded of reasons because the force wills it and there is nothing he can do about it And because he does not fully disavow the Jedi he wants to keep the traditions to a bittersweet end by dressing in the God-like white robes despite claiming to not be a Jedi anymore.
Luke standing in Kylos bedroom and igniting his saber is the sole reason anything bad started to happen after ROTJ. It was a rookie mistake of him to ignite the saber then that he can’t forgive himself for. But Luke is a human and every human will keep doing mistakes because the force (or Disney if you will) longs for it and wills conflict into existence. Without the conflict there is no life.

Luke did everything possible to make Rey go away, especially the milky scene is a perfect example of this. For Luke or the old fan it is perfectly understandable piece of lore or trivia, maybe even a question he would pose on the internet: How does Luke survive on a desolate island? Where does the colored milk come from? From a disgusting otherworldly animal of course with a partly sexualized design because Star Wars was made by men and for men („There is no underwear in space“ and all the good looking waifs novels and books invented for even the most inconsequential side-character). Rey looks disgusted at this, she rejects it because she is a regular Stacy, not at all interested in this other world Luke has created or rather found for himself in his solitude. Rey is the parent you forced to watch the movie with you because you can’t go to cinema alone as a child. She is the sister that does not care about you because from what she sees from your outside you both have no compatible interests. Rey is the person that one day feigned interest because you read X-Wing The Bacta War during lunch and she wanted to know what movie this book is about. But Luke knows this and is happy that she rejects it because he lives for the trivia and this kind of thing could never happen in random, soulless mainstream story. It’s a wonder and anomaly that Rian Johnson managed to keep this intact, he is the true and last hero in the Hollywood machinery apparently.

But even though Luke grew to hate Star Wars over the years, he still kept hoarding its installments in the dead tree. He is the fan that realized in 2010 or after ROTS or with Episode 1 or with the Special Editions that the stories of the EU are sub-par. With time he grew to hate the movies themselves but unlike a normal person he was too far into it and still cherished the old memories in the fleeting moments he was granted them, so he could not destroy the Jedi books / the movies or whatever Star Wars stories he held dear. After his talks and confrontations with Rey he had enough. He saw the future of the franchise and wanted to burn it down but he couldn't do it because he still truly cherished the memories he once had. Yoda is the perfect character to cameo in this scene. He looks like the puppet we first got to know him as but he is CGI, it shows us that even Yoda got bastardized by the new state. Yoda burns down the tree with the books, he acts out of character. Even shakes his legs in a way the puppet would not have been able to do. With Yoda burning the tree Luke and the fans are freed from the shackles of the story. It's the moment Star Wars completely broke. It showed us that Disney is perfect in simulating the outer shells of our beloved characters but not their personality, knowledge and emotions. Even if you can't understand this subtext Yoda even hits you over the head with his dialogue.

But it turns out the books weren't really burned, in a blink-and-you-will-miss-it shot the books turn out to have been stolen by Rey and put into the Falcon, something the movie never bothered to show, referencing Disneys new canon not bothering to explain many important details like for example everything people debate about concerning Episode 7. Rey taking the books from the tree despite not needing them according to Yoda also represents Disneys gutting of the franchise history to make new, inferior versions of the stories in the name of a streamlined, cross-media story. It shows perfectly the relationship between Disney and the EU because without recycling old ideas Rey will not be able to achieve anything, it's the only way for her to live as Star Wars lives off of recycling concepts and rhymes.

stupid op thinks ill read all that shit kek

>tumblrina hyperdrive shotgunning the fleet symbolizes disney shotgunning the franchise
oh my god it all makes sense now

Luke still returns one more time, not to help Rey since he recognizes her as the ultimate evil of the story for ignoring all of his complaints. He goes to Leia, his last confidante in the mortal world. She knows about Star Wars, she knows the main characters and their roles but was never that deeply interested in everything outside of the story turning out well for the „good guys“. She is the relative or friend that has an interest in Star Wars but not as religiously as Luke. Another evidence for that claim is Leias force-sensitivity. She could have chosen to be like Luke, learn the Star Wars ways and take the entire universe in but she did not. Luke regulary estranges other people with his encyclopedic knowledge of the universe but she still understands him despite not being in it as deep as he is. Luke comes to her help because he can't let the story end disastrously with everyone good dying in the cave or Rey (as personification of all „new fans“) maybe taking the last few old and casual fans with her. He knows he can’t defeat Rey because doing so would paint him as a villain, a dark-sider, so he does his best to emulate the Luke we know and love from the time and version of the story where everything was well.

He is the only hope we have for a final showdown in the movie so he uses the knowledge of „Dark Empire“ and „Legacy of the Force“ to create a Similfuturus and fight against Kylo Ren. I am unsure who Kylo Ren is in all this or what his goals are. Does he want to burn it all down and declare himself and the First Order superior? Because he controls the money (now that Snoke is dead) and wants profits? Because he got seduced by Rey who he thought and still thinks he has a bond with because of their shared interests in Star Wars when Reys motivation (her instinct of belonging to a group in times of adults permanently regressing into childlike consuming states and brainwashing) are completely incompatible with him?
Whatever the reason, Kylo Ren does not actually kill Luke as Luke dies long after the fight and killing a Force Doppelgänger would normally not affect the real person. Luke willingly removes himself from the story because he recognizes at that moment that Star Wars has ended, just as we the audience recognize it by the imagery.
And now that Disney has unchallenged, complete control over the Star Wars universe it immediately introduces a new force user out of nowhere. Completely unwarranted by everybody, a little boy. Just like Disneys first (by the mainstream recognized) installment: Star Wars: Rebels’ Ezra „Space Aladdin“ Bridger.

I genuinely laughed throughout the entire movie. It was not a depressing, boring experience like Episode 7 TFA, where we just got to learn that everybodies life was useless. The constant jokes at the stories expense perfectly clarified the intention of the work though what becomes the real turning point is Yodas tree burning. We are now living in the new era. An era where a serious installment of the main saga has more quips than a Marvel Capeshit while the award-winning comedy directors of the adventure/comedy flick „Solo“ get fired after 2 weeks of filming because of creative differences. An era where even the main characters shit on the solemn nature of the scene they are in for a nonsensical joke like Luke recognizing Jakku as a „nowhere“ planet, when it had made more sense for him to not even recognize the planets name or even recognize its significance as the last battlefield of the war against the old Empire, maybe even mentioning its Space Observatory being the reason the imperial Remnant found a way to Snoke in the uncharted regions which are evidence that Jakku is not insignificant.

Close, but not quite.
Her actions represent gender politics "shotgunning" star wars as it were, a task previously thought impossible, but doable once you let go of the past.

I could go on about the jokes like Admiral Holdos cruiser being able to destroy a whole Destroyer fleet by jumping into hyperspace even though the previous movie Rogue One showed a transport doing the same to a lone Star Destroyer with nothing happening except the transports destruction.
Or how Phasmas worthlessness as a main enemy is underlined by her being beaten down by the hero on a lower platform which then collapses all around her with finally the panel on which she sat giving in so she dies the stereotypical Disney Villain Death of falling.
Or how the Resistance Bombers are even slower than corvettes or Rebel Blockade Runners despite being half the size.
How everything just goes up in flames with single laser shots from simple TIE Fighters despite allegedly having shields.
How Reys hairstyle is just her laziness to dry her hair after getting wet.
How Hux findng Snokes grotesquely and graphically displayed corpse, then finding the unconscious Kylo Ren who he hoped to shoot to be freed of the tyranny of the force users but being denied his chance.

how long did it take you to write out all of this copy pasta

>implying i'm gonna read this shit

Lmao

I am deeply versed in Star Wars lore and still unconsciously resisting the movies message despite doing my best to accept it. It will still be a long way for me to completely accept it though one thing is certain: I can never blindly walk into one of these movies again while paying full price theater tickets. I said the same since I knew „Solo“ was going to be a movie but it will take more than just a good sci-fi war movie with working internal logic to get me to pay for this again. Star Wars effectively was and still is my entire life and character but I thank Rian Johnson who has written and directed this for trying to free us from the mental prison it created. If one Disney Star Wars movie deserves to break box office records or earn a billion dollars it is this one.

I dedicate this text to the late Sir Alec Guinness.
I don’t know if the boy you have met kept living in the world of childish banalities but be happy to know that this new Episode redeemed thousands if not millions of similar souls.

Wow, imagine going to all the trouble for something no one will read in attempt for (You)s.
What a sad motherfucker.

>masterpiece
>porgs, nun turtles, giant cow-seals, salt foxes, poe trolling hux

yeah we know, the problem is Rey sucks and because they made Luke suck Rey looks even worse. Finn and Poe also were pointless and ruined despite being decent in TFA.

Imagine wasting weeks or months of your life posting new replies in each thread when you could just write an essay in an hour or two and post the fitting paragraphs each time.

Why didn't Luke just force choke Kylo in his sleep?

You think we are retard?

You obviously are when can't read past the first sentence.

Oh Hi mark