Can somebody explain to me why Phasma's actress or Phasma herself is marketed "so important" outside the movie itself...

Can somebody explain to me why Phasma's actress or Phasma herself is marketed "so important" outside the movie itself? Like, she did nothing, she said nothing. what? She is not even a supporting actress role.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XkVwqEdYlNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-KyLQujQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because she is a woman

Diversity.

If it's anyone but a straight white male, we have to act like their mere presence is the second coming.

Is she even in the movies or is she just voicing the character?

she's in game of thrones, easy marketing.

BLACKED

>who is boba fett

phasma's actress because game of thrones
phasma because toys

Reminds me of Boba Fett: cool character who didn't actually do much.

What a fuck ugly cast. An ape staring down Bigfoot. Boy they sure are making me want to buy a ticket...

Same reason Boba Fett gets marketed a lot. Star Wars has always done this, having 'cool' looking characters to sell as toys. With her of course there's the added 'virtue' of wow being a strong woman but yeah we all know everyone realizes that.

haha wouldn't it be funny if phasma choked you till the blood vessels in your eyes burst haha

but boba fett was actually cool because he was basically just clint eastwood in space

Toys

Because you would have to pay Disney to see the movie to find out that she wasn't relevant

She's a freak, it looks good on tv.

Is anyone buying her toy?

How come Boyega looks more intimidating and alpha despite being shorter?

this

Boba fett is the same thing she is, yet everyone gushes about Boba.

SNOO SNOO

Because they wanted the Game of Thrones audience, only Brienne became insufferable to the normies (killing the Hound and Stannis turned everyone against her) so they didnt really feature her as prominently. Its like they realized getting a literal who from the show doesnt translate into GOT fans wanting to see SW, so they neglected her.

A mistake they fixed by hiring Based Emilia

She's a big girl

She has a vagina.
To be fair, maybe she had a larger role in some early cut.

Black dude from London, probably high on Spice and packing a knife.

But wasn't Boba Fett a case of the fans picking out a minor guy and making him a fan fave? It wasn't like this where the filmmakers were clearly trying to manufacture a fan fave character

TFA was pretty much them trying to artificially recreate everything people liked from ANH and sprucing it up with some bits of Empire to make it less obvious.
Taking Bubba and slapping tits on him is the logical choice and it evidently worked, because a shitton of people really liked her and wanted to see more of her despite being inconsequential to the movie.
I'm willing to bet money that she'll be back in the third movie or some spinoff EU stuff.

>Can somebody explain to me why Boba Fett is marketed "so important" outside the movie itself? Like, he did nothing, he said nothing. what? He's is not even a supporting actress role.

That's the point. Even if a woman is useless, ugly, stupid etc. you have to say she is amazing etc. or else you're a misogynist.

Because Adam Driver doesn't like public appearances

>having 'cool' looking characters to sell as toys.

In comic books, some characters get popular because they are in good stories.

Some get popular because they are interesting characters

And some also get popular for no reason other than a cool costume.

This is Star Wars. We're not talking about high fucking art, here. It's perfectly acceptable that the franchise play by the same rules.

she's the equivalent of this

Now that's sexy.

>that file name

I am rustled

I remember renting the EU book about the origins of the IG droids from the library when I was like thirteen, good shit

Not even remotely the same. He had a bigger role, and even then he wasn't even in the posters, as opposed to Literally Who, who's on 2/2 of them so far.

She has no boobs

Except he was on-screen in the OT for a total of 10 minutes.

She got rather decent novel (not great though). Even though she's not a Mandalorian, her people are pretty much Mando rip-offs. So yeah, Phasma is the nuFett.
There was also a comic about her, but I didn't read it.

the best part was when her armor just shrugged off a laser

that's right, the best part of her character is her fucking costume

j.j Abrams is an obsessive Boba Feet fan. even during interviews he gave 20 years ago, he mentions how much he loves that character. And that character is fucking terrible in the movies, but is like amazing in the EU. so Abrams wanted his own vesion

same as it ever was

She is Finn's past he has to overcome or something

Lmao he's just a faceless bounty hunter who falls into a space anus in the sand are you retarded

What the fuck is Boyega wearing?

Hey there buddy!!
I see you made a stupid comment... THATS OKAY everyone goofs once in a while lol!

I would recommend that you look to other sources of information pertaining to the subject at hand, as star wars is a broad one to be sure and spans many forms of media such as comics and books :)

They're so cute together

youtube.com/watch?v=XkVwqEdYlNA

i wanna see them bang

Wow. I'm six feet tall, and I'm confident I could just kneel in front of her, put my head under her dress, and eat her out while she was standing like that. Just imagine.

no they're not i hate all the new characters

Tfw being dominated by a 6'6 woman is my ultimate fetish

Thats a pretty vague reference there friendo but you made me laugh

I never thought I would want this but boy I'd love to get dominated by her

Good thing all your eu was aborted by Disney:^). State your argument as to how fett isn't some faceless bounty hunter faggot who gets 10 mins of screen time culminating into him falling into ur mums cunt

Why you gotta playa' hate?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-KyLQujQA

>Taking a japanese gameshow premise and removing the audience
Why

I t would be even better if she was girly and dominant

I remember the fucking hype over her before TFA and after the movie it was so obvious she was there only to sell a fucking toy. She couldve been cool but she was hilariously incompetent and completely useless

google says she is about 6 foot 2.5, so that dude is really a manlet

She's 6'3 and probably wearing 3" heels there, John is probably 5'8 at best.

>6 foot 2.5
Imperial measure units are so retarded.

>why Phasma's actress or Phasma herself is marketed "so important"
Cause she's a big curvy tall hot bitch.

look up Gwendoline Christie next to Prince William or Prince Harry.

Both Princes are easily 6'2
She towers at least 4 or 5 inches higher than them.
It's the heels

>But you won't see Phasma tapping out after being carelessly knocked into a sarlacc pit like a wobbly toddler. Kennedy has big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie. "She's an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word."
>"We see women in a different range of roles in the film," Christie says. "And the reason I love my character so much and I feel so enthusiastic about Capt. Phasma is, yes, she's cool, she looks cool, she's a villain — but more than that, we see a female character and respond to her not because of the way she looks. We respond to her because of her actions. I think we're a society that has promoted a homogenized idea of beauty in women — and in men — and I think it's really interesting, modern and necessary to have a female character that isn't about the way her body looks. It isn't about her wearing makeup. It's not about her being conventionally feminized. The idea of this enormous legacy and franchise embracing an idea like that, which of course to many of us feels logical, is actually really progressive. And long overdue."
total screen time: maybe five minutes

Because the character is just another Boba Fett.

>manlet wars

Imagine if she stepped on your balls

Mark is about to shit himself.

Shorter dudes are more likely to get into the arts because art is essentially about craving confirmation and acceptance. That's basically why almost every actor or musician ever was bullied as a kid.

How do you make it through a day?

They also get laid more, proven fact

I thought Chewie was huge.
To be "huge" what is that, maybe six foot?

They just needed a different looking stormtrooper to sell toys desu

The original Chewie actor is 7'3.
This is a fake Chewie.

Look at the size'a that boy's heed.

Literally MY ANCESTORS pose

What is happening. I can't scroll down without it fucking up. Is it 4ChanX?
Please help

Of course, they’re desperate enough to sleep with anybody

What we shoulda had.

Move or you will be moved.

No, gross.

Phasma is one of the few new characters that are actually selling out

womyn don't need you, OP!

Character does nothing and is only there to look or act cool? Sounds like Boba Fett lmao

for a big girl she gone very tiny boobies

It takes a brave woman to play as the most incompetent commander whose actions leads to thousands of troops dead and billions in assets lost.

that's pretty huge. there are dinos on screen for 14 minutes in JP

She's in Game of Thrones portraying a strong woman. Force is female.

Helps that her costume is titless.

Do kids not like tits anymore?

Helps that the actress is titless.

If they had made Phasma like Steiner from Cross of Iron, a hardened and somewhat disillusioned soldier who really only gives a shit about her subordinates, that would have been cool. But expecting feminists and nu males to even consider doing that is a stretch.

Course he isn't 6 foot, Prince Harry right next to him is like 6'2 or something

My God I love tall women so much! Please be my Amazoness!

Because he'a a man. It's impossible for women to look threatening.

Manlet detected

don't act like being guy doesn't automatically make someone cooler, if all else is equal.

Considering she still remembers Finn's designation, it isn't a stretch to say she gives a shit about her subordinates. After the ship gets wrecked she should be concerned with survivors, not fighting some fucking deserter. But I guess they needed some payoff for Finn's arc.

>being guy
for you

So you're saying he had more screen time than Phasma

>hurr durr racism