Am I the only one who is actually just mostly annoyed by the fact that instead of moving into a new era of Star Wars...

Am I the only one who is actually just mostly annoyed by the fact that instead of moving into a new era of Star Wars, a new era of the galaxy with new worldbuilding, a new paradigm, new villains, new factions and new themes and ideas. We're just getting fucking Rebels vs Empire again and for the most part we're just retreading the OT, while they've also essentially erased all achievement and progression of the OT while returning the story back essentially to A New Hope?

We never got to see the New Republic, we never got to see Jedi Academy, we never got to see new threats or engage with new mysteries. It's just, the Empire again, and they've taken over, and yeah, you enjoy tie fighters and xwings right?

It just comes off so fucking cynical and lazy.

Yeah, the whole "resistance" and "first order" shit pissed me off in E8.

How did the FO take over the galaxy after episode 7?

And why did the Empire rebrand itself as the First Order?

Blame all the people who hated the prequels because they weren't Star Wars-y enough. Now we'll get an endless rehash of the OT because Disney thinks that's what everybody wants.

Was it Snoke who initiated the transition? And also, First Order sounds like they're some sort of lunatic faction, maybe worshipping one idea or being extreme about the purity of humans over other races or whatever, but not the new Galactic Empire type of deal.

>stop doing things different where's my luke and han!

>stop doing the same things over again give me more EU shit

unwinnable battle desu

The worst part
>There are people that think TLJ isn't a retread of ESB because they put the Battle of Hoth rip-off at the end instead of the beginning, and threw in the Obi Wan death scene from ANH and the throne room scene from ROTJ in there.

It's the same shit as the new Halo games. Instead of letting the accomplishments of the previous entries they dig up old enemies because they're too lazy or not confident enough in their new ones. Lazy shit.

Episode 7-9 should have been Episode 10-12 with 7-9 coming afterwards and explaining how we got to this point. Jedi temple, new republic, etc.

They could've made Han and Luke work within new enviornment. Instead it feels like in this huge galaxy there wasn't any progress for the past 30 years.

>tfw all the amazing lore about the force built-up in in things like KOTOR and the prequels was all thrown away in this movie
>LOL JUST BURN IT ALL IT DOSEN'T MATTER HEHE

Just wait the marvel SW crossovers.... muahahahahahaha

I knew things were going to shit when they threw away the eu. If some were thrown away I’d understand but all of it? They didn’t care about the fans

Jesus fuck this.

Why is Disney so retarded?

They ripped off a new hope with the force awakens and it was shit.

They try something "new" in the last Jedi and it's still shit.

How hard is it to realize that the people who wrote 8 and 9 were just shitty writers and didn't care about the source material??

Woman in charge.

Isn't that always the case?
Isn't KOTOR exactly like that as well?

Not that the sequels have any right to just rebrand them, I think Star Wars is quite fundamentally Empire vs Rebels. Which is why Rogue One worked much better, it has that setting in a way that isn't contrived.

I agree OP! Next trilogy they should have some sort of alien invasion from another galaxy, maybe call them xeno-nids or something

Not a huge fan of the new movies either for the same reason. Also taking such a huge shit on Luke Skywalker just added further insult to injury.

Rogue One was alright though.

Star WARS. War always to be the backdrop of this franchise.

>hurrrrr using previous characters in an established series means you have to follow the same plot points hurrrrrrr

Not really, the Republic and Sith are fighting the whole time, it's not really a "rebel" thing, although the power of the sith is made pretty relevant by the prologue and Taris

Pretty sad. At this point the EU has better follow up the Ot than Disney canon.

The old Sith and Republic was all about conquest and politics.
They got shit done, meanwhile the Rebels and the new Empire are just dicking around.
They were a constant threat to each other, while everybody know that the Rebel will win after the Movie is over.

This name doesn't suit them.
Ching-chongs is better.

It's been around 30 years since ROTJ so having the new trilogy set around 30 years after ROTJ makes sense in terms of keeping character's aging consistent. Of course, it seems like a completely wasted effort to keep character's ages consistent from the OT given that the sequel trilogy seems very insistent that every character from the OT has to die (except Leia).

I actually have the exact opposite opinion. In my opinion, they should have just made it so that instead of Snoke being a new character, he should be Palpatine, pure and simple, making it clear that Sheev survived the destruction of DS II via force magic. This would make his death at the hands of Ben Solo (Kylo Ren) much more satisfying. Having Ben kill the Big Bad of the entire SW universe is a lot more satisfying them having him kill Literally Who. It would also be an excuse to bring Sheev back, and let's be honest, we all love Sheev.