Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil

Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=289&v=4XECJyWaqz4
vimeo.com/137711830
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From MY point of view he was a good friend!

>From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!
Such great scripting and delivery

>My powers doubled since we last met

GOAT

What was wrong with the line? He was trying to convince himself as much as Obi-Juan

This is ''for you''-tier lmao

>This is where the high ground begins

Meanwhile, Luke in TLJ
>*ingites saber behind you* "pssh nothin, personal...kid"

why were they evil? god knows the jedi had their problems, why didnt he actually make an argument? especially silly moral judgement after murdering a bunch of kids

I think he just rolled with "the Jedi tried to overthrow the Chancellor" Mostly it was mental gymnastics cause he knows deep down he dun goofed
Don't remember if it was EU or Disney, but he planned on offing Palpatine when they were done with the purge, then Anakin would create a new jedi order. He would also end up naming his son Jinn after Qui-Gon

Riley, let her go!

Saying "from my point of view" acknowledges that there are other points of view that could contradict your own. This isn't something you want to accept if you're trying to convince yourself of anything.

>evil
>Sheevil

Mace Windu looked like a bit of an asshole trying to kill a helpless old man Anakin did nothing wrong

>Mace Windu
>gets force maced and thrown out a window

>Black man breaks into old white mans house to kill him
>Surprised when he uses force

>if i cut off your legs would you die?

it would be almost as painful as the time we crashed into that nest of hired gundarks

>Tries to arrest Sheev
>"Helpless old man" immediately starts killing people

>anakain, chancellor palpatine is a big guy!

Are obi and ani friends in AOTC? Because nothing in that movie suggests that besides the elevator scene, and that seemed more like a mentor trying to get closer to his pupil, i think they only became good friends in the clone wars

The meaning behind the line isn't bad though. Obi-Wan sees the Sith as evil, Anakin doesn't. In real life everyone sees themselves as the hero of the story and his enemies as the villains. What do you expect Anakin to say, "well yeah, I'm evil" or do you expect him to go on a random monologue about why he thinks the Jedi are evil? I don't think he really cared about explaining to Obi-Wan about his views.

>indoctrinate kids at a young age so they're loyal, emphasized by their not wanting to train Anakin
>their sterile nature that forbade love/relationships (this was a personal issue Ani has because of Padme)
>their constant preaching as peacekeepers and their disgust for being flung into the war, yet they hold some of the highest commanding positions in the republic armies
>the fact that they behave outside of republic law if necessary, such as attempting to assassinate Sheev

They were upholders of good, yes. They shouldn't need to work within republic law if the republic has been corrupted. They were pushed by Sheev to become generals against their best interests to stop the Confederacy from dismantling democracy and causing chaos. However, to a distraught Anakin who is angered by the Jedi's lacking of empathy, and their double standard of "uphold democracy but we'll work outside of it for oir own sake if need be" would obviously make him view the Jedi as a bunch of puppets being led by a corrupt council trying to sway the republic in whatever way they see fit. He didn't understand Windu trying to kill Sheev is just a one time breaking of the Jedi code. How many others had they mirdered and kept under wraps for the sake of their order? He felt used, and felt like everything about the Jedi he'd come to understand was a lie.

Anakin was just an ADD kid that never listened to his teacher

What do you mean random? Besides obi-wan is like the second most important person to anakin of course he would want to explain

Why? They were about to fight. Neither wanted to back down and by that time Anakin just wanted to get the job done and that's it. He almost killed Padme and you think he was just in the mood of having a conversation with Anakin?

He thought he just turned Padme against him, and she was the #1 most important person to him. He wasn't going to explain shit when he though Obi was a traitorous snake.

this is why captain america was right in civil war.

>diverse group of thugs breaks into old veteran’s apartment

>Get BTFO when he defends himself with his old military training

>If you're not with me, you're my enemy
Could he have delivered this line any worse?

What did they mean by this?

they have the exact same sabre style and know all of eachothers moves
plus being jedi they have elite reflexes and timing

what you're seeing here is a complex series of feints and counters as they each try to expose an opening in the other

both canceled their attack into a parry

Trying to learn to helicopter

>they have the exact same saber style

except they don't

At least he didn't die in episode 2.

>except they don't
They have different forms, but they've trained with each other for over a decade.
Sup Forums likes to meme that this is a flashy choreographed scene, but in reality it is just like said

Literally telling, not showing

tey do tho

BUT THE JEDI COUNCIL'S EMAILS

They don't but they know each other moves perfectly so what the other user said is relevant.

literally definition of dialogue. how else would you show Anakins POV on the matter if not in dialogue?

Unironically this. Kinda like fighters hopping around, moving their head all the time.
It's called mewment, ask connor mcgregor.

nothing, these assfaggots saw it in some awesome cool nerd youtube videos so they're repeating it here like parrots.

>Spinning around with a lightsaber
>Military training

Or maybe it’s trash writing you retard

Not since obi-wan gave padme that jedi saber training irl.

so Anakin went back on his loyalty to the people who took him from his shitty slave life and trained him for years because they tried to kill the guy who was very clearly the big evil guy everyone had been talking about for years?

If the people who saved him were religious cultists stealing kids to train into loyal soldiers that then tried to assassinate the highest point of galactic authority who promised to save his wife from death I wouldn't be surprised that he felt fine betraying them.

The delivery was trash but it makes sense given him witnessing Windu trying to kill Palpatine.

For you the jedi are evil!

morrowind_combat.gif

>trying to defend these shit movies.

Shit in execution, great in concept. Unlike the new trilogy.

New trilogy is great in execution but shit concept

I think the prequels and the sequels will end up being the same in terms of how much I enjoy them (not that much). I haven't bothered to see TFA again since I saw it in theaters and I still haven't seen TLJ. But I also have never seen AOTC in it's entirety since that piece of trash came out

This movie is so fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=289&v=4XECJyWaqz4

kek

mfw I just popped in my Phantom Menace VHS tape ready to have a good time

>I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you
this line was unironically good

I think it's a charge attack. Like how Donkey Kong whirls his fist before punching. Who knows.

The Phantom Menace is the comfiest Star Wars movie

use to keep it playing on my crt tv and play vidya

comfy af

>why didnt he actually make an argument?
Are you fucking retarded?
They were fucking fighting on lava when the line drop why would he cut all of the tension and monologue about his opinion on the jedi

TPM is comfy as fuck but RotS still better imo.

Why wouldn't a Master and Student for a decade know how each other fight

ROTS is pure KINO and better overall, but Phantom Menace is still comfier

>ROTS is pure kino
More like pure shit

go away Disney executives

>Sup Forums has become so contrarian that the prequels are considered good movies

I hate sand.

kys JJ Abrams

Go away Kathleen. No one is buying your made up narrative.

They never trusted him, asked him to be a spy, fucked up during Ahsoka trial, never told him what happens to the criminals he caught, tried to overthrow chancellor?

they were already wasting time discussing instead of fighting though, at least make the dialog meaningful instead of pointless

>Spinning your weapon behind you
>Highly calculated attack
No. Elementary school kids do this shit with brooms. These movies are not infallible. Just admit that this was dumb and move one.

Yeah. But anakin is at that moment a sith apprentice under the influence of his rage. He hasnt mastered it yet and nothing could calm him like a good beating. Obiwan probably understand that and he has little time, the empire being in full extermination mode, and padme being wounded. So he go for it. It has nothing to do with revenge or justice or any emotion. Obiwan is one of the greatest masters of his time, he does his duty. Nothing personal even if he is very sad of what his friend became. That part of the movie is quite solid imo.
The opposite is when obiwan charges maul after the death of quigon, there, he follows his passion.

That and when obi-wan faked his death to go on an undercover mission, they didn't tell him he was still alive

Anakin learned the Kaioken in that time

Terrible dialogue aside, can we say that the prequels are better than nu-Star Wars?

no

Because, of the narrative. He already explained before to padme his goaks and reasons. He has nothing to add , even less to a man that he considers betrayed him. The rage is too strong and he no longer suppress it like a jedi. He rides it like a sith, but, as an apprentice, he is not yet able to not let it rule him. At that moment, he just want to kill.

The prequels are better than the OT

Anakin tries spinning (aka a good trick) one last time before finally shredding his identity as anakin skywalker and becoming darth vader who never spins anymore

>"It's like poetry, they rhyme."

vimeo.com/137711830

Reminder than George Lucas is a misunderstood genius, and the prequels are a work of art

As of now, I and III are better than VII and VIII

Not this, but the Clone Wars is overall better than VI

Why? There is an actual buildup to a climax in the prequels and it doesn't involve having to blow up some deathstar.

t. people who will thankfully never write a script

It's a bizarre and oddly phrased way of saying "the jedi are evil", tonally inappropriate for that emotionally charged moment. It's dubious to us, the audience, that a man who's world is crashing down and is experiencing a whirlwind of emotions would phrase his thoughts in such a manner. Imagine if he said

>Well, actually, Obi-Wan, all things considered, while Palpatine has his bad points, he is wholly morally superior to the jedi, from my point of view

It would sounds autistic and clunky. The actual line used was also like that, just to a slightly lesser extent. Very poor dialogue, few actors could really save it. A better line would be, "Oh? And the Jedi are not?"

Or even as basic and cliche, something like "No, it is the Jedi who are evil!" would also work for the scene, instead of the mouthful that we got.

Sheev said something similar earlier in the movie, Anakin was just repeating it to himself. Sorry that you're too low intelligence to get Starkino, maybe stick to the sequels?

>the Clone Wars is overall better than

Absolutely. III is miles better than both nu Mouse Wars films

This moment is pretty cool because the sabers get loud

What are you're problems with it?

Its not as good as the others... except maybe rogue 1. In other words... Opinions.

Well, if you feel that way then I'm sorry.

There's something people are missing here. Anakin at this point is offering Obi Wan a chance to explain. He says the line like he really doesn't mean it, and it's appropriately silly to invite a rebuke. But instead Obi Wan shuts him down and declares there is nothing more to be said. That's when Vader becomes very angry, vows to kill his Master and start doing risky stuff to make that happen.

The line is incredibly clunky and no actor could deliver it in a good way, but you can't exchange it for something logical either, because that would suggest Anakin has fully bought into the Vader persona (which Yoda believes), but he hasn't. He's not all the way there until Padme dies. His line has to suggest a man still conflicted. It should be something other than what it was though. This and a few more examples puts a blemish on an otherwise stellar movie.

But people don't talk like that, even if they believe such things.

Ssj blue kaioken times infinity.

Overall? Yes. I like Rogue One, tho.