/FMG/ Filmmaking general

Monday addition. Everyone signed up for wellfare yet? What are you working on? What are you preparing? What have you finished? Post some work. If you want feedback then check the discord, threads are much to fleeting for people to properly give feedback.

discord.gg/Y2MuMJj

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6chDh9iTmyM
discord.gg/KBaXnxC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Helped my mate shoot some shit this weekend, now im starting the edit on it.

where the peeps at

Bump
What's the best and most cost efficient editing system?

I finished my screenplay and sent it to the producer. Pray for me, Sup Forums.

a cheap computer with pirated premiere pro

youtube.com/watch?v=6chDh9iTmyM

A short movie a friend and I did at 3 am

I just wanted to make thread with some questions. So I am currently writing a screenplay, my colleague already showed me his friend who worked as cameraman and would be willing to shoot my flick but I've got a question where can I read some more about filmmaking, like what stuff do I avoid etc.

0:57 - 0:59 has to be greatest cut in cinematic history

Thats a very general question. You'd have be more specific. Anyways you will make mistakes, it will be terrible and you will hate it when its done. But thats part of the learning experience.

Try the discord if you have more specific questions.

How active it is?

Pretty active. Some more experienced filmmakers, some less experienced. Some starters and some who are just there to talk about films.

bump

fpbp

Discord link is broke

>signed up for wellfare yet?
No, cause then I'd have to prove I was trying to get a job.
I almost got a pretty prolific gig actually. And then the guy never got back to me after offering me the job. That was annoying.
Ah well.

Not doing anything until the new year. Got to try out my new camera yesterday when the family was over, doing some home videos. That was nice I guess

Rule 1: your first film will be shit
Rule 2: make it anyway
Rule 3: learn as you go
Expanding on number 3, you won't know until you do it. What worked? What didn't? What do you need to learn to do differently? What surprised you in how easy it was to do?
Get some actors who are sympathetic to this and relax

discord machine broke

:b: idzh fix that joint

discord.gg/KBaXnxC

Thanks man

Working on my uni final major project.

It's about a boy who sees a demon (manifestation of grief) whilst his parents are going through a rough separation.

Casting / Doing the make up, etc stuff at the moment.

It's going okay.

bump

what ever happened to /swg/

>Casting / Doing the make up, etc stuff at the moment.
How are you doing both at the same time?

Alright /fmg/, if you could make your one dream project, what would it be?

Me? A space-western that's kinda like a gritty GotG meets TGTBATU and Firefly.
Or else, a large scale pirate epic. Maybe about the end of Ned Lowe or something similar.

Merged with this

Self-inserts in screenplays? Good/bad? Mind you he's carrying all my faults, and not at all a fantasized idea of myself.

Inb4 hes depressed. and you are romantizing your place in life.

Anyways write from what you know. And you know yourself the best. I wouldnt self insert. But I would borrow elements from your own life.

>Anyways write from what you know.
That's the idea. I can't afford to have him quipping around, since I don't do that a lot either. The set-up is that he's a Soviet officer from the era of the purges, and he wonders if he got promoted to where he is just because he was quiet and didn't bother the Party.
More to do with "do I deserve where I am" rather than "muh depressionnn"".

Anyways all art is a form of exteriorization so it can't really be helped. Fanks.

Do what you gotta do. But becoming a good writer is also about letting go of yourself and being able to inject yourself into other people. Dont be affraid to step away from yourself

bump

Working on that edit

PP bro.
Why is the clapperboard in your edit? And why haven't you renamed your clips?