Ruined movie

Filming it in cartoon form is a gimmick to sell this movie. Could have been a masterpiece if it used real actors. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They tried making Perfect Blue with real people it sucked.
You're just a buttblasted normalfaggot that can't handle cute anime girls.

the dream/hallucination scenes wouldnt have worked as well with shitty CGI

>ANIMATION CAN ONLY EVER BE FOR CHILDREN: The Thread

>live action "rape scene" scene

stop making this thread
you are wrong
period

No
youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE

>every frame a painting
HILARIOUS

The constant fat cuts and editing to confuse the viewer as to what was real and what not would probably not work as much in live action.
Same goes for the scenes of the main character talking to himself. Animation was the perfect medium for Perfect Blue

I watched this like 13 years ago on my brothers PSP. I remember liking it back the but I really couldn’t tell you fuck all about the movie now

I have debated with a guy who argued that "Kon isn't a good anime director because his animes are just something that can be done with live action movies"
I just wanted to jump over there and choke him to death because even after he admitted there are things in this movie impossible to be filmed with human actors he still called me names and claimed I have problem comprehending what he said.

Your opinion is shit, and you're fundamentally wrong. Eat a dick.

Should have choked that nigger.
I miss Kon every day, I'm sick of faggots choking on Miyazaki's dick.
Was it on UMD?

brainlet

You're a pleb who doesn't understand what goes into each medium and the limits, and strengths to their styles

Why is kon such a hack?

his 'best work' is all stolen from better directors

This. You're a massive soyboy OP

Just one starter level fact: the characters' faces being hand drawn allows some details to be emphasized and some to be omitted and is not limited by the natural look, age, and screen persona of actual actresses
Imagine we cast Chloe Morez or Elle Fanning as Mami: We are instantly bounded by their past and future body of works

Notice how she also looks like the creep?

Because his use of match cuts would have been really clunky if used in reality. Animation is born in a very controlled environment, so when an object or person is transporting from one shot to the next, the creators are able to perfectly match all of the necessary elements of one frame to the next. Duh.

Where does it put me if I only like Denis Villeneuve and maybe half of A24's output?

Yeah UMD. What a weird ass format that was

I have a decent amount of anime on UMD. It seemed fun when it came out and you didn't have better options for entertainment.

These movies literally have no similarity besides 3 people looking after a baby.

he's not really arguing that, he's just being a faggot.

But Black Swan is pretty good.

Movies: when something magical happens you can only make it with special effects or even animation, thereby making a clean cut difference of media and style between the "normal scenes" and "fantasy scenes"
Anime: since all scenes are animated there is no such clean cut

Perfect Blue is miserable either way.

Talking about influence as a negative is easily the worst type of film analysis. It's the ultimate way to discredit anything without discrediting anything and anyone worth their salt thinks completely opposite.

that's the joke you autist

It's not really a joke when it's indistinguishable from genuine posts.

>filming in cartoon

I agree, I hated the animation on it.

It's a Hollyjew shamelessly rips of a dead Japs Kino thread

reddit