BUT HE TRIED TO MURDER VADER TOO SO IT'S OKAY FOR LUKE TO BE A NEPOTICIDE

>BUT HE TRIED TO MURDER VADER TOO SO IT'S OKAY FOR LUKE TO BE A NEPOTICIDE

No. First of all they were in heated fight, Luke didn't try to murder him when he was asleep. But more importantly, Luke deactivates his saber several times in the fight and tries to talk Vader down. He even chooses to run and hid from him rather than fight his own father. Even when he finally has enough and starts beating on him he only cuts off his arm after he breaks his guard, then stops attacking. He could have easily cut his head off, but he didn't, he only chose to disarm him even while blinded by passion.

Luke Skywalker is not and never will be the kind of person who would draw a weapon a sleeping kid.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513551839821.webm
youtu.be/ROoWg3-F9Hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shills btfo.

Lmao he literally admitted to drawing the weapon, even though he regretted it.

BEN, JUST GO BACK TO SLEEP NOTHING TOO SEE HERE

>it's okay to think about murdering your sister's son if you feel bad about it

ITS JUST A PRANK BEN

I mean, you could fill the hole by suggesting that in the 20 years between ROTJ and the moment when he tries to kill Ben, there's some shit that happens that changes the character, but we don't have that information and it fucks with the audience to see that

We can't make that assumption because the movies never tell us anything about that period. For all we know it's all sunshine and rainbows. If something did happen to harden Luke's heart it should be mentioned.

Obviously something did happen because the Luke we saw in ROTJ would not do this. But Rian forgets that the last time the audience saw Luke was in ROTJ then does nothing to explain the change in the character.

Hell Rian majorly modifies the scene in which Rey gives Luke the saber, his body language and facial expressions are totally different. There's not only a major disconnect between ROTJ Luke and TLJ Luke, but there's a giant change in Luke between TFA and TLJ.

>Lmao what are you two pussy ass bitches talking about? Lets go burn some books and grafiti some walls shit.

It's almost like Rian is a pretentious hack, who didn't even watch TFA, never mind the OT.

He never actually said he may be able to kill his nephew, for perfectly good reasons owing to his force visions he had an impulsive move against him but he was indecisive so he didn't go through with it. He is impulsive and indecisive as a character.

>He is impulsive and indecisive as a character.

This is the exact opposite of what Luke and Jedi, in general, are.

Ah the old "impulsive, instinctive" argument.

>but officer, i didnt actually intend to kill that kid, i just snuck in and put the gun to his head.

>i regretted it right after!

No that is exactly what Luke is like. He is nothing like the jedi in general he was trained in exceptional circumstances.

I mean, isn't normal to instinctively try to murder someone?

Yes, Luke was able to hold himself in check against Vader but nearly kills his sleeping nephew because he's just so impulsive.

Luke's rage toward Vader was an act of self-sacrifice as he was willing to go all-out to prevent Vader's corruption of his twin seestah.

dude just turn your brain off its a fun summer blockbuster bro

He was able to hold himself in check against Ren too.

>*unsheathes laser katana on sleeping kid*
>He was able to hold himself in check

He didn't actually kill the boy

he didn't try to help him either, in fact he ran away and cried

True to his indecisive nature. An accurate depiction of his character.

He didn't back off either. He could have turned off his saber and backed off, but he didn't.

>indecisive
>decides to leave Yoda early to take on Vader
>goes on a suicide mission in RotJ

>the guy who confronted Darth Vader and the Emperor
>indecisive

That vision isn't what actually happened

You could somewhat salvage the scene by not having Luke switch his saber on. Have Kylo see Luke with his saber in his hand, Kylo switches his saber on first, Luke switches his on to block his attack

When he would become the next Hitler, then yes.

>itt: people seriously arguing about the shitty writing in Ryan the Hack's Soy Wars

>kill the younglings my son, it's a good trick
>like my old master said, just dew it

His decision to leave Yoda early on to take on Vader was a consequence of his impulsive nature rather then his indecisive one. Same with his suicide mission in ROTJ. He is both impulsive and indecisive, both these character traits are accurately represented in his action in TLJ where he attacks Kylo but doesn't go through with it.

He confronted Vader and the emperor but failed to actually kill either of them. He didn't actually do anything, he was indecisive.

That's the third flashback, you mongoloid.

>Hands up! You wanted for MURDER! You pointed a loaded gun at a boy and scared him! hands behind your head!

>overcomes his hatered and fear in RotJ
>becomes a true Jedi by not giving in to the dark side
>lol lets just throw it all away and pretend it never happened

>He confronted Vader and the emperor but failed to actually kill either of them. He didn't actually do anything, he was indecisive.

Probably because he was there to save his father, not kill him, WHICH IS THE ENTIRE ARGUMENT AGAINST LUKE TRYING TO MURDER BEN.

Warch RotJ agaonm faggot.
Or maybe for the first time.
he went to Vader fully believing in the light side of the force and that there is still hope for Vader to be redeemed.

What happened to the future is always in motion? It's the same shit that fucked Anakin in Episode 3, so pottery, even though it makes Luke's arc in the OT moot,

He didn't even try to murder Ben, if he had the boy would be dead. He just thought about it, knowing he would become space Hitler.

join the mickey mouse club and stay off Sup Forums "bro"

How did del toro know about the plan when rose, fin and poe didn't?
nothing makes sense in nuwars

Luke, we killed you in post.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513551839821.webm

>just a prank bro

>"Always in motion the future is".

Try watching the OT some time, shill. It's pretty good.

>He just thought about it

Which is out of character for Luke.

>"Always in motion the future is"
One throw away line from Yoda, a character who was wrong about many things and who couldn't prevent the rise of the empire

While I agree the writing to be shitty overall, I actually understood it as if Luke subconsciously activated his lightsaber when he got pulled into those dark thoughts and when he snapped out of it looked at the saber, thought wtf am I doing and deactivated it.

As in there was no conscious intent to kill him but Ben thought so. I actually thought that was well written but maybe I just misunderstood it.

>Luke Skywalker is not and never will be the kind of person who would draw a weapon a sleeping kid.
>will not

Except he did. Stop with your stupid fucking headcanon.

Considering the vision Luke had about his friends dying DIDNT happen it's not a throwaway line, mouse.

Oh yes, why not just throw away a character's lines when they invalidate our argument FUCK this is brilliant, you must have a very high IQ

>Luke is supposed to be a flawed character because he momentarily drew a lightsaber on Kylo
>Rey literally draws a lightsaber on Luke after sucker punching him from behind and no one makes a big deal of it.

> I actually understood it as if Luke subconsciously activated his lightsaber when he got pulled into those dark thoughts and when he snapped out of it looked at the saber, thought wtf am I doing and deactivated it.
>and deactivated it.

Yeah, about that.

Lmao the first thing Rey does when she hears the call of the dark side is give in. She still gets and endorsment from Yoda and Luke, of course.

Hack Johnson was high when wrote this movie.

And what exactly made Hitler so bad, soyboy?

Not doing the Holocaust.

Ah yeah my bad. I still understood it as if he wasn't there with his thoughts and got snapped out of it just as Ben awoke and reacted.

Jedi are trained to resist impulses though. It's just stupid on every level.

you're a pig fucking kike

AAAAAAAAAAGH HELP ME REY

Fanboy kike
go eat your pigs you dirty kike

One time I heard my mom mumbling some bad shit in her sleep. I don't know why I did it. But I pulled out her pistol from her night stand and racked the slide. Told the cops about instinct and good friends. They were understanding.

Well, I mean, if you felt bad about it it's totally okay.

Ruining nationalism and anti-semitism for everyone else while getting BTFO because he was incompetent, you braindead Naziboo.

very true user. i was thinking this too. as was the whole real fan base + Mark Hamill himself.

>overcomes his hatred and anger*
>does not overcome his attachment, fear, and jealousy
those are the other parts of the dark side you're missing.

Which is why Luke exiled himself. If a Jedi Master could fall to an impulse like that, why should he even bother training more Jedi?

Nice circular logic Rian.

>can control himself in RotJ
>is a raging murderer in TLJ

HEY BEN WANNA SEE MY NEW LIGHTSABER?

>>does not overcome his attachment, fear, and jealousy

Yes, he did. "Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear."

>can control himself in rotj
Watch the movie. He tries talking to Vader but gen attacks him blindly . Love is an attachment that can lead to good, but can be manipulated very easily

How about you read the OP and stop wasting my time?

I don't like the prequels in the slightest but I would happily watch any of them over any of the new movies

>I'm not going to kill him because I could have cut his head off therefore I'm not going to kill him
Circular logic. Stopped reading right there

would you kill baby hitler?

It literally isn't you, shill.

why does he have a blue lightsaber when projecting his ghost?

Why does he have black hair when he's blonde? Idk, ask Rian the plot master.

Why would anyone ? Doesnt we all want to travel back in time and tell him what Churchill was scheming. The World would be a better place !

>aims for his head
>wasn't trying to kill him
You're next line is that it was choreographed that way

>Luke aimed for his head

Yeah, exactly what I thought.

Have Kylo's version be "Uncle Luke turns on his saber and holds it over my head"

Have the actual act be "Uncle Luke stands over me with the saber in his hand"

this, precisely

>eyes closed
>aiming
If the point isn't made clear, Luke intended to act out his dark side. sure sure he said he'll never join the dark side. But joining does not mean being influenced. TLJ interpretation is still valid

youtu.be/ROoWg3-F9Hc

I have a feeling Mark is going to commit suicide.

>he was aiming
>but he had his eyes closed

Choose a narrative, shill.

my sides
more crazy luke pics, this is making me laugh the hardest i have all year

Rewatch the scene nigga.
>aiming for his head
>biggest moment of rage his eyes were closed and he was hammering down blidnly

>hits hand
>doesn't try to attack again
>but he was aiming for his head

>I FOUND MEIN KAMPF UNDER YOUR BED YOU FUCKING NAZI

>his entire arc in ESB is him having to eat the consequences of his impulsiveness, which makes him a more rounded person in RoTJ and sees him thinking through his actions
>He is impulsive and indecisive as a character.
I know you apologists don't actually like the original films, but can you at least pretend to have watched them before you reel off Disney's party line?

It was a reflexive response towards seeing the dark side in Ben.

He wasn't going to actually kill him, you retards.

>Luke's reflexive action to his nephew being in danger isn't to reach out and help, or step back, but to activate his saber
I think I see the tactic, here.
You're trying to make people state the fucking obvious so much that people get desensitized to it and start thinking it's not a big deal.

Then why does he never turn off his lightsaber?

>Turn off lightsaber while another one is being pushed against it
>Get cut in half

Yeah, gee I wonder why?

No, you shill. Why didn't he turn it off when he calmed down? Instead he was looking Ben in the eyes with a drawn weapon.

>Nephew wakes up
>Clearly terrified of your activated saber
>Should I Step back and deactivate it?
>Or even throw it away to make a point and attempt to dodge the ensuing attack if necessary?
>Or should I stand about like a retard while he does the natural thing someone would do if they think they're in danger?